m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Screenshots look weird but it still looks great and smooth in motion so...... why care about screenshots again?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I love how everyone bitching about the graphics doesn't understand that the game looks better in motion. I'd also much rather have my game running in 60fps than having it looking good on screenshots and run like shit, like a ton of PS3 games.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#53 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I can't wait for this game.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Cool... I guess.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

im SOOOOOOooooo jealous of these wii owners. i already own a console aint buying the wii just for 1 game. if i got the money to just throw away i would throw my money at it. :( bayonetta still is my all time favorite.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#56 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@faizan_faizan said:

I'm sure it looks that bad because it's a compressed to hell screenshot.

Yep, spot on.

@Desmonic said:

Question: is the WiiU magically incapable of doing any sort of AA?

It can do AA. AA was used in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

EEEW those jaggies.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Also, this game looks so ugly, I can't even work out why.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I enjoyed Bayonetta, but I don't think enough to actually be psyched about Bayonetta 2. I might get it just to support the game and Nintendo, but not at full price. I'm honestly not good (or patient enough) to perfect the many combos and specials the game has. I basically button mash and play on easy.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

It seems to be the case that whenever there are relatively complex models in-game developers are forced to sacrifice on textures and that's made worse by the poor AA. This looks ghastly to me and I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me Bayonetta 2 was a Dreamcast title. I think the Wii U can't replicate metallic surfaces very well. I've noticed that in Mario Kart 8 and it's the same here. Not really a fan of the art style, it's quite generic fantasy stuff if you ask me.

OT: Mario Kart 8 looks much better than this, in my opinion, but I guess there's a lot more going on in this game so they had to cut back.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@faizan_faizan said:

I'm sure it looks that bad because it's a compressed to hell screenshot.

Yep, spot on.

@Desmonic said:

Question: is the WiiU magically incapable of doing any sort of AA?

It can do AA. AA was used in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Deus Ex wasn't 1080p/60fps though. The Wii U doesn't has the horsepower for all that + AA. That's why I believe that the game will end up being 720p just like it happened to Mario Kart. The game was demonstrated and touted as a 1080p/60fps title but ended up being 720p/60fps. And this is a game that has incredibly shitty textures, geometry and effects. It looks good but that's because of the art-style. Meanwhile Bayonetta is a much more complex game graphic wise.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

That is one butt ugly looking game man, lighting and AA are completely non existent.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#64 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Yay! It does AA!..............on a old-gen port........of a not so visually demanding game.........but hey, AA, right? :D

You asked if it does AA. You didn't say what kind of game.

@Gue1 said:

Deus Ex wasn't 1080p/60fps though. The Wii U doesn't has the horsepower for all that + AA.

Did I say it could do AA at 1080p @ 60? No. That wasn't part of the question, so don't go about moving the goal post.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't think it looks bad and I'm not a fan of the series at all. But why does it matter anyways? This whole graphic thing is done with. After Uncharted and the next batch of ps4/xone games come out, the two consoles are going to start looking very dated anyways. It is similar to how psvita came out and wowed people for a minute. People said 3ds sucked and was underpowered. Yet here we are with smart phones that demolish the psvita--graphics just don't matter that much.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

@Heirren: Smartphones that demolish the PS Vita? What what? You seem to be of the crowd that believe uber realism should be the end goal of any system. The Wii U is a very capable system, the games just need to be tailored to make the most of the hardware. Look at Yoshi's Wooly World, for example. It looks wonderful and there's nothing like that on the PS4. The closest thing to it will probably be LBP3, but graphically it's no slouch.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Oh man I can't wait. Also a great chance for me to finally play the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Star0 said:

@Heirren: Smartphones that demolish the PS Vita? What what? You seem to be of the crowd that believe uber realism should be the end goal of any system. The Wii U is a very capable system, the games just need to be tailored to make the most of the hardware. Look at Yoshi's Wooly World, for example. It looks wonderful and there's nothing like that on the PS4. The closest thing to it will probably be LBP3, but graphically it's no slouch.

I'm confused because it sounds like you are reiterating what I had just said.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Am I the only person that hated Bayonetta? lol...and those screens aren't pretty.

I liked it the first time I played it but the game didn't age well. The music, the story and the gameplay are intolerable.

I wonder how Edge feels about that 10 now because Eurogamer did a retrospective and ended up saying that the game was inferior to DMC4 after all the shit they talked about Bayonetta evolving the genre and shit. But that's just how all PG's games are. Cool concept that gets boring real fast.

Was it the same guy that reviewed Bayonetta that did the DMC4 retrospective? I dont think it was which explains different views, it'd be more interesting if the same guy review both games and gave completely different scores and in the retrospective changed his mind.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

Am I the only person that hated Bayonetta? lol...and those screens aren't pretty.

One of many.

Bayonetta got points on the fluid combat mechanics.
Everything else, it was crap on. Graphics, story, characters, bosses, art, design.. it sucked in everything but it got the combat gameplay right.
The game is a J-pop anime cheese fest with a character who attacks with her hair in the nude and with guns...

A type of game for the 'other' anime crowd.
The game does not look good for a 'next gen' game and looks a lot similar to Bayonetta PS3.
Just shows how far behind the Wii U is to PS4/X1/PC's graphical output.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Wii U owners are hpyed for Bayonetta 2 because Wii U owners really don´t have anything else to play.

When this game was on PS3 and Xbox 360 then those SAME WII OWNERS SAID THAT THIS GAME SUCKS. Suddenly now when it´s the only Wii U game then suddenly Nintendo fanboys love this game.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Hopes:

- An arcade mode after first completion, that eliminates cut scenes.

- Ability to access discovered alfheims from the menu, prior to beating them all.

- have one QTE pop up, the game makes fun of it, and then never have another one.

- 2D side-scoller homage.

- Space out the checkpoints at higher difficulties.

- Have an option to spawn a target in training (practice air combos)

- Less Luka and Enzo, more Bayonetta trash talking angels.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wii U owners are hpyed for Bayonetta 2 because Wii U owners really don´t have anything else to play.

When this game was on PS3 and Xbox 360 then those SAME WII OWNERS SAID THAT THIS GAME SUCKS. Suddenly now when it´s the only Wii U game then suddenly Nintendo fanboys love this game.

Congrats. You figured out how fandom works: it's shit unless it's my shit.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

im SOOOOOOooooo jealous of these wii owners. i already own a console aint buying the wii just for 1 game.

I am. Haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64, or even played any Nintendo games on console since then, so I'm actually curious about the WIIU and first party titles.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

YOU KNOW

I'm not interested in playing this with the gamepad, because **** that. Oh my freakgoodness. How much I would like that game to be bundled with a Bayonetta themed pro-controller.

I'd lose my shit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

i have no idea what anything is in any of those shots.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

I can't believe after all this time people are still salty about this exclusivity thing. Man it is good to not be a whiny little kid and I can enjoy all the systems and games that come with them. Bayonetta 2 is shaping up to be a GOTY contender. I dunno if it could beat the hype train that is Destiny, but it will be phenomenal.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I really don't understand the hype around this game... I played the demo and couldn't care less if I am honest. Maybe is hype simply because there is literally no other game in that genre that's coming out soon.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

YOU KNOW

I'm not interested in playing this with the gamepad, because **** that. Oh my freakgoodness. How much I would like that game to be bundled with a Bayonetta themed pro-controller.

I'd lose my shit.

Oh you mean like the WiiU pad? **** THAT.

Controller is fucking useless, and the pro controller is a superior pad anyway.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Oh you mean like the WiiU pad? **** THAT.

Controller is fucking useless, and the pro controller is a superior pad anyway.

Exactly. I don't have a pro controller yet. I'm picking one up just for this game.

It looks cool, and the battery life lifts it to "immortal" state, apparently.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Feel sorry for all people that only own WiiU, is this really best game you get this year? I rather play Lords of the fallen and Farcry 4 than Bayonetta

Avatar image for im_darkwingduck
Im_DarkwingDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Im_DarkwingDuck
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I played the first one on 360 cause it was brand new at walmart for 5 bucks. A waste of 5 bucks.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

@speak_low: Moron.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@aroxx_ab: Actually, we've already gotten Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8. Later on this year we are getting Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 and 2, the Toad game, and of course Super Smash Bros for Wii U. I'm not saying that is dominate, but the rest of 2014 and into 2015 is looking really good for Wii U. Smash Bros is a legitimate GOTY contender.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wii owners never shit on Bayonetta. PS3 owners shit on it though cause they got the shitty version while 360 owners got the stable one. Wii owners generally liked Bayonetta due to its focus on gameplay. But you know, making stuff up is fun so carry on.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nah, more like the smart respectable gamers that own a WiiU this gen because it has more than a handful of decent games to play are hyped for this. I would bet a lot of the people here getting this game for WiiU were gaming on 360's/PS3's last gen

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

im SOOOOOOooooo jealous of these wii owners. i already own a console aint buying the wii just for 1 game. if i got the money to just throw away i would throw my money at it. :( bayonetta still is my all time favorite.

But its 2 games..when you buy Bayonetta 2 it also comes with Bayonetta, you get 1 disc for Bayonetta 2 & 1 disc for Bayonetta. :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Actually I brought a 360 to play Bayonetta after playing Madworld on the Wii. I have also brought Vanquish, W101 and intend on getting MGS Revengence today.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xFF5juw18E

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/details_of_bayonetta_2s_online_co_op_tag_climax_mode_emerge

Information on Co Op.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

This looks like a ps3 game.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's not my genre in the first place but damn this is getting over hyped.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Why are people complaining about the graphics? If this were Xbox One or PS4 screenshots, there'd be loads of GraWhoregasms. Looks good to me. And I'm happy I'm now a Wii U owner. The only next gen console bringing quality games.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

looks good shame its a wii u exclusive lol

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

I don't understand all the fuss. The game's Floor Demo at Comic-Con looks absolutely AMAZING. Far better than the screens supplied by TC (no offense). Even GameSpot's Peter Brown agreed that the game's engine has come a really along way.

Of course, the usual band of haters are going to down-play everything Nintendo, regardless.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Yup. Day 1 for me. People are going to hate because they'll get some multiplat games that are put to shame by PC. And in the end Wii U ends up with great games that play like a dream. People will scream about jaggies but won't see them fly by because it'll be cruising at 60 fps.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Well, those screens look really bad but I've seen the game in-motion enough to know that it looks fantastic and I cant wait to play it.

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@ccagracing said:

bayonetta was last gens genre defining hack and slash. \

No it wasn't...

Unless you're still mad that its sequel is an exclusive then it really was.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@DocSanchez said:

It's not my genre in the first place but damn this is getting over hyped.

Eh! hopefully it does well in sales....if this turns out to be a good game, Nintendo base better start supporting it. Sega already made up their mind not to release adult titles for Wii U cause they believe it won't sell..hence Wii U only getting Sonic & more Sonic. :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Seems to me if this was a exclusive on Ps4 or X1 it would be hyped as the best thing ever but as no one owns multiple consoles on here then this Game sucks. I suppose Halol anniversary HD Remix and Last of Us HD remix first year edition will be such awesome games (well last of us looks good but halo was crap fro the get go) and Destiny is all worth the hype.... oh wait, 2 are rereleases and the third is destiny which to me seems as fhn as breathing in asbestos.

Keep angry people, keep angry.