New sales numbers in... HOLY SMOKES!... Vita has FLOPPED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#351 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="Mavlow"]The stupid ps vita memory cards really pissed people off IMO...heck everyone has a sd or micro sd laying around...I am a big sony fan but they are getting what they deserve here... The vita...a card...and 1 game = $310... that's crazy Call me when it's 199 and there is a micro sd adapter and then I'll buy in

I agree with this statement. I hoped Sony learned their lesson the last time with the psp but they didn't. Don't know why they think they can push their proprietary crap on everyone every time they release a new system. I will wait till the vita gets cheaper before considering it.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The trouble with hand held consoles is that they just aren't as portable as my phone... I can also buy games like GTA3 for £5 and all other games cost less than that.

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 PillyChickle
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

[QUOTE="PillyChickle"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

There will be another Monster Hunter (whether it'll be on the PSV I don't know though). Monster Hunter only got big over the last4 years in Japan. Dozens of systems have survived without MH. Its been 2 weeks, you can't honestly believe there will be nothing of worth on the PSV.

ActicEdge

Nothing worthy to justify the price, that is, especially when there is a cheaper alternative with great quality games already released or near releasing.

So you are saying you think the PSV will not get quality games? Its also possible to own 2 systems ya know. The PSV isn't going to win the sales war but its far from doomed.

I didn't say that, but I cannot see anything that will give the Vita the boost it needs, not software wise at least. A price drop is out of the question. If Vita stays on this path then it will be doomed.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Why can't Sony just work for Nintendo like it was always meant to be?R4gn4r0k

More competition = better for gamers.

Really don't see what Sony is contributing here in terms of competition.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Why can't Sony just work for Nintendo like it was always meant to be?Hexagon_777

They are contributing console gaming on the go psp/vita are the only portables I've ever been interested in for gaming, without them I and possibly millions of others wouldn't be portable gamers.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Why can't Sony just work for Nintendo like it was always meant to be?Hexagon_777

I agree. Vita is DOA without a big system seller. Games such as Uncharted or downgraded, watered-down 360/PS3 ports aren't gonna do it. Sony doesn't even have Monster Hunter anymore, LOL.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 p4s2p0

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

garland51

I agree. Vita is DOA without a big system seller. Games such as Uncharted or downgraded, watered-down 360/PS3 ports aren't gonna do it. Sony doesn't even have Monster Hunter anymore, LOL.

You may not want a portable version of home console games such as gta,god of war,uncharted,resistance,so on but plenty of ppl like myself do. Even ds/3ds sells plenty of portable versions of home console games
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Shinobi120

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Really don't see what Sony is contributing here in terms of competition.p4s2p0

You may not want a portable version of home console games such as gta,god of war,uncharted,resistance,so on but plenty of ppl like myself do. Even ds/3ds sells plenty of portable versions of home console games

Difference is, is that games like Luigi's Mansion, Super Paper Mario, Starfox 64, & Ocarina of Time were out on N64 & Gamecube, two machines which aren't even on the market anymore. Not only that, but improved on them a bit. That's why Nintendo gets away with it.

PS3 & 360 however, are out on the market, so downgraded versions of those games won't appeal to anyone on Vita.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 p4s2p0

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="garland51"]

garland51

versions of those games won't appeal to anyone on Vita.

Wrong I and plenty of other ppl buy them, just not as many as on home consoles but that happens a lot on portables even N's I have the same games as I did when I used home consoles
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

garland51

Monster Hunter was only really a system seller for the jp market but many games are...

Why do MH fanboys act like Monster Hunter is the end all of all games... Not even COD fanboys claim their games are responsible for success.

MH3rd sold 4million in jp... There are 70+ million psps. GTA LCS sold 2+million.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 p4s2p0
There are plenty of ppl that have both(360 here) and still use there portables same/more
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
[QUOTE="xmasdrink"]Sony is doomed and I'm not being sarcastic. They can't drop the price because they're already losing. No big games coming. Their entire business is doing terribly financially. These sales are truly abysmal... and to think Japan was PSPs strongest territory.

Were you here when PS3 launched ?
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#364 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
You know this could have all been avoided if Monster Hunter was released on the Vita instead of the 3DS. Oh and the memory stick prices need to come down. If I don't get the Vita it's because of those awful prices just to save games, download stuff etc...
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

Not good for Sony!

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Shinobi120

[QUOTE="xmasdrink"]Sony is doomed and I'm not being sarcastic. They can't drop the price because they're already losing. No big games coming. Their entire business is doing terribly financially. These sales are truly abysmal... and to think Japan was PSPs strongest territory. Lost-Memory

Were you here when PS3 launched ?

No offense, but this is a far different situation than it was than both PSP & PS3 launched, because Sony wasn't in huge debt from their gaming division back then. They can't afford to "pull a Nintendo with the 3DS" by lowering the price of that handheld to something like between $150 to $170 because it'll bleed them tons more money than you think, & Sony currently can't afford for that to happen.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

You know this could have all been avoided if Monster Hunter was released on the Vita instead of the 3DS. Oh and the memory stick prices need to come down. If I don't get the Vita it's because of those awful prices just to save games, download stuff etc...kage_53

Of course... Monster Hunter is truly the pinnacle of gaming and sales.

I mean it is not like the first two were ports and 3G is a port... I mean the games sell well outside the JP market as well.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#368 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Guess no handheld is safe. Since 3ds did terrible as well to.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#369 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Surely no one is surprised by this. And by no one, I mean everyone besides the cows.Doolz2024
I wasn't surpised about this. Look at what has always been the main audience of handheld consoles, Sonys done the impossible by making a handheld with a "hardcore" approach. When you look at the sales of PsP then look at Vita, you may be impressed with the improvement of sales. And again, its just been 2 weeks we'll see what eventually happens. I love how Cows are saying just wait and calling sheep idiot for hating on something thats been out for a week or so though... they are just extracting revenge on when they hated on the 3DS.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#370 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Surely no one is surprised by this. And by no one, I mean everyone besides the cows.Doolz2024
I wasn't surpised about this. Look at what has always been the main audience of handheld consoles, Sonys done the impossible by making a handheld with a "hardcore" approach. When you look at the sales of PsP then look at Vita, you may be impressed with the improvement of sales. And again, its just been 2 weeks we'll see what eventually happens. I love how Cows are saying just wait and calling sheep idiot for hating on something thats been out for a week or so though... they are just extracting revenge on when they hated on the 3DS.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#371 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Vita just needs more games that the japanese audience will be interested in. Persona 4: the golden and other JRPGs etc.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 zarshack

Vita just needs more games that the japanese audience will be interested in. Persona 4: the golden and other JRPGs etc.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 zarshack

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#374 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
This is a bomba of epic proportions.Eponique
cough3dsweeksafterlaunchpricecutcough
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#375 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]This is a bomba of epic proportions.Easyle
cough3dsweeksafterlaunchpricecutcough

??? 3DS sold well at launch, and after the price cut. Sales only really tanked after the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#377 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

the should have left the handheld market after the psp. oh well let shope they learn and stick to consoles. this day in age with smartphones handheld systems are doomed

Bladex2k

there's no final fantasy 7 or GTA to save them this time.