New sales numbers in... HOLY SMOKES!... Vita has FLOPPED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="NJGIANTSNY"]vita sales are doing fine, its only japan nothin really to see. America is what counts. 3ds gets that market then the Vita is in trouble. nothing more then 3ds fans trying to justify there purchase of half thought out hardware.NJGIANTSNY
Not for Sony it does not. The PSP has sold better in Japan than it has in the US.

new gen of handhelds. nothing is a carry over from gen to gen its all a wait n see. the 3ds in america is not blowing the doors off in sales n needed a massive price drop cuz it was running scared of the vita looming. you would think people would get tired of playing the same games over n over by nintendo. all there games are 1 kiddie 2 been done for 25 years running. the line has already been drawn anyway the 3ds is for causals n the psvita is for the core gamer.

You're joking right? So, Mario, Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem, Metal Gear Solid 3, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Kid Icarus, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter, and many of the other core franchises that are coming or have already released don't count? I'm not going to debate that the early lineup of the 3DS was weak, but there are plenty of titles on the 3DS that cater to both crowds.

Some people seem to be under the perception that the DS only succeeded because it appealed to kids and casuals. But if you look closer at the libary, you will see a wide array of games that covered many genres and gamers of different skill levels.

Its too early to declare the 3DS will only be for casuals. From what I've seen, the 3DS has a good future and seems to be going in the same direction as the original DS. Offering all kinds for games that cover a vast array of genres and tastes.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#252 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Man it's not doing too well.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
But if you look closer at the libary, you will see a wide array of games that covered many genres and gamers of different skill levels. caryslan2
I would say ds has a wider variety of games as the highest selling console usually does. It got ninja gaiden when psp didn't :( I had to settle for gow
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Weak numbers. Would be funny if it never again breaks 100k. :P

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#255 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

>.> How bout we wait? mrmusicman247

just wait?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]>.> How bout we wait? deathtarget04

just wait?

It is like full circle for Sony

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#257 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
With today's competition those are pretty bad numbers. I heard though that the Vita did beat PSP's launch numbers. I think Sony is more focused on turning a profit than conquering the market. They will try to win over the hardcore audience(albeit less than the 3DS marketshare). Even with all this true, I don't see the Vita doing too well. It seems like consumers aren't interested in systems coming from Sony now, though the lack of effective marketing(most ppl have no clue about the Vita) might also contribute to the low sales. However, after the hack scandal, I think Sony has lost most of its consumers' respect.
Adamantium4k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Adamantium4k2
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

Why is everything in Japanese?

jonathant5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 jonathant5
Member since 2010 • 873 Posts
Its not doing well now, but it is far too early to tell what will happen. The 3DS was also doing badly when it released initially so as the games come out, as Sony's marketing starts pumping out ads and creates consumer interest and demand, as well as they release it NA, I feel like they will be fine. I really do hope the Vita will live on and do well, because frankly, I want the superior (technically) system to do well, the 3DS is fine and all but well the Vita is the better system (features wise and graphically) and I feel like it can provide us with more unique/better gaming experiences down the line. And frankly, $250 is not a lot of money at all, it can be made in 6 hours (at 40/hour) for someone who has a University degree and has been working for 2-4 years (aka not a failure who only has a HS degree or could not do Uni so went to CC), of course I am talking only about Developed countries (NA, Western Europe, Japan).
revolution2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#260 revolution2k6
Member since 2005 • 1446 Posts

Good, Sony can shove their memory cards up their asses.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#261 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
High cost peripherals Low battery life Lackluster launch titles (PS3 ports, Uncharted, and Resistance don't cut it Sony) No effective UMD copy method (Rebuying my PSP titles? Seriously?) That damn bubble UI. It sucks. Sony fails.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Kind of early to call it a flop, people did the samething with the 3DS then BOOM!!! It took off. I bought another 3DS at Best Buy yesterday because they were on special for $139.99 before I was sharing one with my bro but now I got my own and with all the awesome games coming out next year....its gonna be awesome....

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
>.> How bout we wait? mrmusicman247
What I was thinking too. The PlayStation Vita probably won't go anywhere, despite poor sales initially. However, considering how the PlayStation 3 started, and now the PlayStation Vita, investors may start to think twice...
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.percech

I don't have a smartphone yet so I would've totally been in the market for a PSPhone: smartphone with buttons and traditional games.

ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

This is quite funny after all the flak that the 3DS got.

burgeg

The difference is that the 3DS got flak for its awful lineup. That was not blown out of proportion. This is. These are early sales and they will obviously improve over time. Anybody dooming the 3DS because of its sales might have been blowing things out of proportion, but the 3DS desereved every bit of hate it got for its awful lineup. The 3DS had an absolutely awful launch and the months that followed it were just as bad. Even now it has barely any games worth playing. The Vita? Best launch lineup since the Dreamcast, and that's only the Japan launch which has fewer titles than when it launches in the rest of the world. There's plenty of big hitters left for the rest of 2012 too. Once the system gets a really good library of games the sales will improve.

The important thing is that the system has plenty of great games coming soon. That it does. Cant really say the same for the 3DS. And yes I do have a 3DS, and yes I regret buying this piece of trash.

Such as?

3DS 2012 so far: Resident Evil Revelations, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, MGS3D, MH4, Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, Crush 3D, Tekken, Mario Tennis,Final Fantasy Theaterhythm,Layton VS. Ace Attorney, Beyond The Labryinth, Animal Crossing,Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Heroes of Ruin, Dynasty Warriors Vs, Rune Factory 4, Rayman Origins 3DS, Dragon Quest 3DS

ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.SuperFlakeman

I don't have a smartphone yet so I would've totally been in the market for a PSPhone: smartphone with buttons and traditional games.

They should push the Xperia Play more.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

sony just couldnt keep up with the massive demand. the vitas are flying of shelves in my neck of the hoods and everywhere else i saw. too bad theres a shortage of vitas tooo

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#268 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

sony just couldnt keep up with the massive demand. the vitas are flying of shelves in my neck of the hoods and everywhere else i saw. too bad theres a shortage of vitas tooo

_SWAG_

You don't live in Japan dude.:lol:

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#269 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Abensorbo what are you doing here? Are you back from your Christmas vacation that MS paid for you?

And Vita will do fine, it's not like the 3DS had hot sells at launch anyway. And it's doing ok considering it just came out, real problem with it though is I hope the battery life is good, it's because of that reason I have yet to get a 3DS and I'm holding off on the Vita. Plus I hear Vita has some expensive memory cards and stuff, but I think from a technical standpoint it's amazing. And it would be cool syncing the Vita with my PS3.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Just to compare

3DS first 3 week

3DS | 374.764

3DS | 209.623

3DS | 96.463

Playstation Vita

PSV | 324.859

PSV | 72,479

ShuichiChamp24

The first two weeks

3DS- 584,387

Vita-397,338

lmao and people thought the 3ds sales were bad but almost 200k more then the vita. The funny part is after Sony posting 4 years of a yearly loss how some think Sony will drop the Vita price.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#271 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts
lol, thats much worse than what I expected but Sony won't drop the price just yet. Let it release worldwide and settle down a bit. PS Vita has done better than the PSP at launch, which is a plus for Sony. Vita doesn't have a chance in hell to beat the 3DS but it'll do pretty well compared to the PSP once it gets rolling.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#272 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

_SWAG_

Ahahahhahha

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Wow, this is not good for Sony and the gaming comunity. December launch plus good games and only 70k in the second week in Japan the meca of portable gaming devices. And worse Sony alredy loosing money for every vita sold. Sony needs a magic strategy for the NA launch and truly portable games not the consoles ones. new ips or something. I have a 3ds and i want to see a good fight and good games for both devices. I dont really understand why a self called hardcore gamer can be happy with this news.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Yep 3DS hits Vita for massive damage, 3DS wins, game over.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Wow, this is not good for Sony and the gaming comunity. December launch plus good games and only 70k in the second week in Japan the meca of portable gaming devices.ocidax

And selling only 72k near the biggest holiday of the year (Christmas), no less.

And worse Sony alredy loosing money for every vita sold. Sony needs a magic strategy for the NA launch and truly portable games not the consoles ones. new ips or something. I have a 3ds and i want to see a good fight and good games for both devices. I dont really understand why a self called hardcore gamer can be happy with this news.

ocidax

If the 2nd week of Vita's sales were bad, just wait until March when NPD sales for it comes out for that month. Right now, Vita has absolutely no killer app that can make people say, "Wow, I got to own me a Vita right now!", just downgraded, watered-down PS3/360 games as well as a few ripoffs. 3DS haters may say that 3DS has no games, but look at what they got coming out next year! Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter (2 MH games as a matter of fact), as well as tons of other good games for it, including their own 1st party games which appeals to most people, like Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.

WomanDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 WomanDog
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

It's the 3DS all over again :lol:

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks. TonyDanzaFan

Tell that to all the cows who bashed the 3DS since day one and still bash it to this day and yet it's doing great, AtariKid comes to my mind as one of them.

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts
It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks. TonyDanzaFan
This can be an indication of Sony doesn't make something like Nintendo did, the problem here is that Sony are alredy losing money with every Vita that they sold. The question is what strategy sony is going to use to revert this. And remenber is December so is not that simple as you think for the bussines of Sony.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks. p3anut

Tell that to all the cows who bashed the 3DS since day one and still bash it to this day and yet it's doing great, AtariKid comes to my mind as one of them.

AtariKid is already in full denial mode. He's spinning the first week's sales numbers as a good thing, and ignoring the second week. :lol:

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#281 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Sad news but kind of expected I mean who is the Vita even marketed to? Me of course but the hardcore cannot keep a system afloat single handedly they need the casual audience and the Vita doesnt cater to the casual at all.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#282 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

Wow those numbers are HORRIBLE!!! My condolences to Sony and cows..R.I.P.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Wii60 beats PS3

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#284 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
Those PSVita sales are very good for start......and it looks that PS Vita first week sales beat 3DS first week sales.PSVita have sell 321,407 units in first two days of release + Week sales 72,479....and we have 393,886 in first week.3DS have sell 371,326 in first weak.PS Vita first week sales have beat 3DS first week sales.That is very good for start.........AtariKidX
This is incorrect. 3DS sold more than Vita in its first 2 days as well as its first 9 days.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#285 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Such a shame :/ there's too many things that have been bought recently. A loooooooooot of games especially. It's alright the VITA might do better here in the U.S considering it's releasing in Feb where there's nothing to compete with it.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#286 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
While I agree that it is way too early to call this a failure, things undoubtedly look back for Sony. These are extremely poor sales numbers for a launch in a holiday season, but Vita has stiff competition from Nintendo. What's really going to be bad for Sony is the next few months though. There aren't a lot of notable releases that will be big for Vita, but the 3DS has A LOT of software coming out for it that the Japanese care about. I wish the Vita was selling better. Nintendo is at their best when they are sweating the competition.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i think its that stupid name that killed the vita.

i know wii wasa funny name and sold well...but geez sony...even copy names too?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#288 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks. Homesrfan
While I agree that it is way too early to call this a failure, things undoubtedly look back for Sony. These are extremely poor sales numbers for a launch in a holiday season, but Vita has stiff competition from Nintendo. What's really going to be bad for Sony is the next few months though. There aren't a lot of notable releases that will be big for Vita, but the 3DS has A LOT of software coming out for it that the Japanese care about. I wish the Vita was selling better. Nintendo is at their best when they are sweating the competition.

I don't understand why it has to be a competition, people can just get both of them. Unlike the xbox/PS3 the Vita and the 3DS are actually different. I really wish the sales would improve because I wanna play portables next gen and not consoles.... console games are turning a little bit fishy. Better jump off the ship before sh!t happens.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#289 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

This is quite funny after all the flak that the 3DS got.

burgeg

The difference is that the 3DS got flak for its awful lineup. That was not blown out of proportion. This is. These are early sales and they will obviously improve over time. Anybody dooming the 3DS because of its sales might have been blowing things out of proportion, but the 3DS desereved every bit of hate it got for its awful lineup. The 3DS had an absolutely awful launch and the months that followed it were just as bad. Even now it has barely any games worth playing. The Vita? Best launch lineup since the Dreamcast, and that's only the Japan launch which has fewer titles than when it launches in the rest of the world. There's plenty of big hitters left for the rest of 2012 too. Once the system gets a really good library of games the sales will improve.

The important thing is that the system has plenty of great games coming soon. That it does. Cant really say the same for the 3DS. And yes I do have a 3DS, and yes I regret buying this piece of trash.

And yes, I regret reading this post because I don't really give a sh!t what you think of the 3DS and its line-up. That particular opinion is completely irrelevant.

Cows were making fun of the 3DS because of its sales and now they are damage controlling. It's very satisfying.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="Homesrfan"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]It's been two weeks. -_- Anybody who thinks this is an indication that vita is a failure, after two friggin weeks, is a complete moron or a troll. TWO weeks. Joedgabe

I don't understand why it has to be a competition, people can just get both of them. Unlike the xbox/PS3 the Vita and the 3DS are actually different. I really wish the sales would improve because I wanna play portables next gen and not consoles.... console games are turning a little bit fishy. Better jump off the ship before sh!t happens.

I imagine japan is getting down on some monster hunter on 3ds. Wonder what vita's top selling launch game will be and what 3ds's was. Psp was twisted metal and need for speed
DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#291 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Blunder of the century.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

oh great a level 1 poster.....Sony Hater

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#293 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"][QUOTE="rasengan2552"] Thats what Im saying, the thing launched at $250 and its already $150 at some retail stores.rasengan2552
The 3DS sold more at launch than the vita even with its $250 price tag.

and what transpired after launch ? it had no games and sales went down the toilet. It wasn't until the huge price cut and additions to library that 3DS was relived of the "lost cause" title.

the 3ds second week sold 200,000 actually

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#294 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I have to admit, the Vita's launch lineup was decent compared to the 3DS', but it still flopped and deserves what it's (hopefully) getting here.

vegaruins666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 vegaruins666
Member since 2011 • 306 Posts

3ds=cheaper been out longer bigger selection of games avalible,

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

vegaruins666

Yet to me, Vita seems to be a far far better system and to be honest 3DS still has no good games outside of Zelda and mario 3d land.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#297 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="vegaruins666"]

argetlam00

Yet to me, Vita seems to be a far far better system and to be honest 3DS still has no good games outside of Zelda and mario 3d land.

thats a lie the 3ds is seriosuly awesome now, it has way more then those two you mentioned, but if thats your opinion they hey

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="vegaruins666"]

Mario1331

thats a lie the 3ds is seriosuly awesome now, it has way more then those two you mentioned, but if thats your opinion they hey

That right, my opinion. I'm not saying that Vita is any better in the game department but as a system I like it much better than the 3DS for many reasons.

Dr-fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Dr-fanboy
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts
I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.percech
Sony already sis that, Xperia play, and it almost died at launch. Also speaking of which WTF are you doing sony? Slam **** Crash Bandicoot on the damn system, and it will slow the rapidly decling fail of the Vita. Hell with out him your Xperia play phone/gameconsole would have stayed sunck, and noone would have been ble to use the game to put free PSone isos on the phone since you have only like 4 ps1 game in the damn store compatible with it. I mean heck, add all 3 PSone crash bandicoot games and watch where the VITA adds up. It's like sony needs to panic before they throw him on something.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Its too expensive for a handheld....when will sony learn