New preview of Eternal Sonata on IGN! (great visuals, sound, AND gameplay!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/773/773425p1.html

So far their impressions seem to be glowing.  An intuitive and unique action focused battle system.  Amazing music (but who wouldn't expect this from tri-crescendo?), and we already knew the visuals and art were outstanding.  Plus pay attention to the last paragraph!  English version is being done at the same time as the Japanese version, and they're aiming for a worldwide early summer 2007 release! AWESOME!

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
I've never even heard of this game O_O
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
This game looks absolutely brilliant!
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osusfaith
I've never even heard of this game O_OBigDizz
You might know it under it's japanese title of Trusty Bell
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
it looks really good. cant wait.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
Ill hype it A, doesnt look like anything spectacular
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
it looks really good. cant wait.akuma303x
agreed, first RPG i've been giddy about in a loooong time :D
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 akuma303x
[QUOTE="akuma303x"]it looks really good. cant wait.Kook18
agreed, first RPG i've been giddy about in a loooong time :D

really loooooong time.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 osusfaith
Ill hype it A, doesnt look like anything spectacularHappyInvader101
Did you read the preview at all? They're gushing during it on how brilliant it is
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 akuma303x
looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.Adrian_Cloud
it is trusty bell.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BioShockOwnz
looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.Adrian_Cloud
This is like the best cel shading ever in a game. :|
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDizz"]I've never even heard of this game O_Oosusfaith
You might know it under it's japanese title of Trusty Bell

oooo now that sounds familiar
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osusfaith
I think the graphics are amazing personally. It may not be pushing the hardware the hardest out there,b ut i think in combination with the art style, it is pretty darn near visually perfect in regards for the style it's going for
Mister_Bate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mister_Bate
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
Looks like a crappy JRPG
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 akuma303x
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.BioShockOwnz
This is like the best cel shading ever in a game. :|

some people are just negative people. they live, thrive, and survive on the  negative in life.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
Is anyone else reminded of dark cloud?  Anyway it looks great, I just hope jrpgs can sell well on the 360, so far they haven't.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.akuma303x
it is trusty bell.

Eternal Sonata= Trusty Bell. Well i guess thats why. lol.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
It's a Namco game.

Dead to Rights anyone? This will come to the Playstation 3.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osusfaith
Is anyone else reminded of dark cloud?  Anyway it looks great, I just hope jrpgs can sell well on the 360, so far they haven't.agentfred
lol so far they've had Enchanted Arms, not exactly the best thing to use as an example hehe Blue Dragon did well in Japan given the very limited install base, and I think it'll do well in the US and EU. I easily expect it to beat out 1 million copies sold worldwide
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
Looks and sounds great, can't wait for it.

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 osusfaith
It's a Namco game.

TekkenMaster606
Dead to Rights was cancelled cuz it was a bad game lol, doesn't mean Namco sucks at games lol And if this is coming to PS3, then i guess every 3rd party PS3 game that has no evidence of it being multiplat, is multiplat.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.osusfaith
I think the graphics are amazing personally. It may not be pushing the hardware the hardest out there,b ut i think in combination with the art style, it is pretty darn near visually perfect in regards for the style it's going for

I think there great, but just like in every jrpg, once gameplay battle comes on the surrounding area fades out. I like the art style too, but i've seen more impressive cel-shaded games last gen imo.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

osusfaith
Dead to Rights was cancelled cuz it was a bad game lol, doesn't mean Namco sucks at games lol And if this is coming to PS3, then i guess every 3rd party PS3 game that has no evidence of it being multiplat, is multiplat.

Dead to Rights wasn't cancelled. Frame City Killer was cancelled though.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

osusfaith

This is Namco we're talking about. Not any other third party publisher. But N-A-M-C-O.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osusfaith
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]looks like trusty bell. The graphics aren't very impressive for a next-gen cel shaded game. But the gameplay looks very fun. I like the music too, although its blowing me away as much as the Versus XIII music. Hopefully this game comes out on oth 360 and PS3.Adrian_Cloud

I think there great, but just like in every jrpg, once gameplay battle comes on the surrounding area fades out. I like the art style too, but i've seen more impressive cel-shaded games last gen imo.

Well technically impressive no you havent lol, but some people may like other cell shading styles better (the more unique look of like Okami or Jet Set Radio Future). On a technical level though it's obvious they're not as graphically intensive of Eternal Sonata.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osusfaith
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

TekkenMaster606

This is Namco we're talking about. Not any other third party publisher. But N-A-M-C-O.

Lol ok, so when is Tekken 6 coming to 360 then? I mean there's no evidence of that either, and it's Namco, so I guess maybe a few months after the PS3 version?
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

osusfaith

Lol ok, so when is Tekken 6 coming to 360 then? I mean there's no evidence of that either, and it's Namco, so I guess maybe a few months after the PS3 version?

Why would it come to the Xbox 360. Are you blind or something? You should know were Namco's loyalties lie.

Eternal Sonata will get 'Tales of Symphonia' syndrome in Japan. Remember, Namco couldn't keep that exclusive to the Gamecube in Japan due to the lack of sales in that region. I'm not saying this game will make a localized English release on the Playstation 3. But due to the poor sales of the Xbox 360 in Japan, Namco will pull another Tales of Symphonia. Quote me.
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
The battles look very interesting, but after playing FFXII, I kinda want every RPG game to use the MMORPG-style for story mode.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osusfaith
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

TekkenMaster606

Why would it come to the Xbox 360. Are you blind or something? You should know were Namco's loyalties lie.

Eternal Sonata will get 'Tales of Symphonia' syndrome in Japan. Remember, Namco couldn't keep that exclusive to the Gamecube in Japan due to the lack of sales in that region. I'm not saying this game will make a localized English release on the Playstation 3. But due to the poor sales of the Xbox 360 in Japan, Namco will pull another Tales of Symphonia. Quote me.

Yea Namco's loyalties like with MONEY, like any business. If the game sells well in Japan and in the US this summer when it's released simultaneously, they won't be upset. I mean unless they come out and publicly state "We'll take American's money, but we won't like it because their money is dirty and inferior". And with a slow time of summer, odds are this game will have a better opportunity to be noticed.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
Eternal Sonata is the first JRPG in like... Ever, to have me truly interested in it. But I dunno.... I'll wait for reviews.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Adrian_Cloud

It looks really good, but like so many other rpgs once the action starts, it no longer holds the same appeal graphics wise.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]It's a Namco game.

osusfaith

Yea Namco's loyalties like with MONEY, like any business. If the game sells well in Japan and in the US this summer when it's released simultaneously, they won't be upset. I mean unless they come out and publicly state "We'll take American's money, but we won't like it because their money is dirty and inferior". And with a slow time of summer, odds are this game will have a better opportunity to be noticed.

So uhm, where were you during 1995 to 2000? You know, the years that SONY basically saved Namco?

They're not CAPBROKE, you know.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 osusfaith
Adrian, you used nice close up action shots of the other games, and a distant pic of Eternal Sonata. The fact is with the more action oriented battle system I've seen in videos, the camera pulls back to show all the characters as they move and their actions. Doesn't mean the game looks any worse, it's still the same amazing graphics you see in the real-time cut scenes, just further away. I don't think the game would be all that easy to play with a character taking up 80% of the screen space just to show off the visuals while you're trying to manage an action oriented battle sequence.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Adrian_Cloud
IGN, is different than these boards.. The pic of Eternal Saga was Huge, so it looked like a really close shot. I realize what your trying to say, but Z.o.e.2 a game with far less graphical edge, is comparable to Trusty bell. Because as cel-shaded game it really hasn't improved that well. It just added more polygons. IT looks great, but in my book it would warrant anything higher than an 8.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 osusfaith
IGN, is different than these boards.. The pic of Eternal Saga was Huge, so it looked like a really close shot. I realize what your trying to say, but Z.o.e.2 a game with far less graphical edge, is comparable to Trusty bell. Because as cel-shaded game it really hasn't improved that well. It just added more polygons. IT looks great, but in my book it would warrant anything higher than an 8.Adrian_Cloud
Well you're totally entitled to ur opinion. To me though Eternal Sonata is the 1st cell shading game that looks like it is actually hand-drawn in the larger and clearer pics. I mean people have repeatedly commented it looks like some CG anime movie called Appleseed. I dont know what they're talking about , but I can imagine what cg+anime look like combined (like Eternal Sonata).
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 akuma303x

It looks really good, but like so many other rpgs once the action starts, it no longer holds the same appeal graphics wise.

Adrian_Cloud
wow ! not biased at all.:roll:
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
man this game is doing great here are joystiq impressions. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/16/hands-on-impressions-and-english-screens-of-eternal-sonata
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Adrian_Cloud
The one game that i personally liked that wasn't cek-shaed but had a really nice art style was Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. I won't fully judge the game till i play it, but i doubt the graphics will improve or decrease that much. But this is really shcokcing. First Lost Oddysey and now this game with a simute worldwide release.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
So this game is definitely launching in the U.S.?
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 osusfaith
The one game that i personally liked that wasn't cek-shaed but had a really nice art style was Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. I won't fully judge the game till i play it, but i doubt the graphics will improve or decrease that much. But this is really shcokcing. First Lost Oddysey and now this game with a simute worldwide release. Adrian_Cloud
Hopefully Square will begin to follow suit, but doubtful I think with these japan oriented 360 games like this , this will be a new necessity, US and Japan launches at the same time, to try n capitalize as much as possible on both markets since releasing 1st in Japan then in the US doesn't do much for sales
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
cant wait for this one, really look promising..
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
What the heck is the crap?
ShaneBeck

Forum Posts