New MK teased again, Henshin a go go baby!

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I'm TERRIBLE at fighting games but I have a lot of fond memories of playing MK back on the Sega Genesis with my friends.

I always played Scorpion or Sonya...cause she was hot.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

@Liquid_:

Choice of character? Not quite sure what you mean by that, but it still doesn't matter what you think. I bought an Xbox One, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase, deal with it. Or are you suggesting I should have bought a PS4?

You derailed the thread with KI > MK

Also, I am suggesting that your purchase was poorly chosen; given the fact you do have poor judgement, I suppose that only makes sense.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I prefer injustice

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

@Liquid_:

You're twisting what I said, I never said KI > MK

And it still doesn't matter what you think, I said I'm happy with my Xbox One so it wasn't a poor choice. Or is this too hard to grasp for you kiddo?

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Lord_Omikron666

Theres nothing advanced to teach.... Its a simple game like Rock Paper Scissors. And I chose DoA because it has no "resources".

Street Fighter and Marvel and Injustice and Mortal Kombat 9, has things like Supers and Ultras and Xray attacks that give an advantage to the people who have more of them. I believe Killer Instinct has something like that too. As for your "skill gap".....well that works in DoA's favour..... Its far simpler to play than Killer Instinct so it has a lower Skill Floor but its no less difficult to master than Killer Instinct so its got a the same Skill Ceiling...... Simple subtraction will show DoA has a larger skill gap, actually like I mentioned before, it makes use of Double Blinds so it has a Dynamic Skill Celing, in other words its only as Difficult as your opponents ability to predict your moves regardless of how well they mastered the controlls and gameplay, just like Rock Paper Scissors.

Isn't Killer Instinct's Double Blind tied to a resource ? Can one keep breaking the combo forever like DoA ? If so then my bad.

Well if DoA Stagnates then Tecmo has room to release another game.... Kinda like sports games..... Their not gonna make more money by keeping the game relevant after the Initial Purchase so I say let it die then comeback with a sequel.... Everybody wins.

You know that's fantastic and all for DoA, but it detracts from the fact that all these other fighting games do have that skill gap and require people to learn advanced techniques to get better. Like I initially said, KI was the game that stepped up and threw advanced techniques and information into the tutorial and that's the kind of stuff that carries over to just about every other fighting game. We could argue the difficulty, skill, or whatever of DoA, but I don't play DoA, it's not really relevant in the competitive scene, and I just don't care, because all I was saying is that other fighting games could use a more comprehensive tutorial and improve the online connectivity like KI has.

Having Supers, Ultras, etc. doesn't downright give someone an advantage, meter is just a resource and it's up to the player to manage it and use it effectively, because meter management is just another high level technique that's prevalent in just about every fighting game.

KI's Breaker system costs no resources, the repercussion of getting a wrong Combo Breaker is being locked out of Combo Breaking for a few seconds giving the opponent time to make their combo as long and as damaging as they can make it in those few seconds. With the Counter Breaker, like I said, you effectively end your combo trying to bluff your opponent or call their Combo Breaker and get a reset, but if your opponent doesn't go for a Combo Breaker, you get left wide open for a couple seconds.

What about if the developer can't dedicate their resources to making a full fledged sequel, because in a lot of cases such as Street Fighter and Marvel, the sequel is going to be drastically different from its predecessor. It's important to keep these games relevant with the FGC because they're the ones that will be playing them for the years to come before a sequel comes out.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Lord_Omikron666

Well.... I agree with all that except the resource thing.

As someone who use to play Street Fighter the Stategy can often degenerate into a battle of attrition. Like I said DoA turns your attention away from any of those things and a fight remains pretty consistance throughout because theres no resources, but in Street Fighter people will often focus on Building up there gauges will simultaneously forcing their opponents to deplet their own, this can decide the match between two equally skilled players long before the final punch is thrown. Its Allmost like a Degenerate strategy, meaning its something you have to learn and master there by raising the Skill For floor and shortening the skill gap. Also its sounds like Killer' Instinct's Combo Breakers remind me of the ones in Injustice where one has to guess how much strength is required to break the combo...... Well you can Guarentee that Break by choosing the highest option all the time and your opponent can do the same. Also if its tied to a resource what if you simply just don't have enough of it ? Should you accept that your fucked and take the combo lying down ? DoA doesn't have this problem, you can always save your self and each hand in Rock Paper Scissors just like each type of attack, has one advantage and one dissadvantage, so its not about playing a specific way, if you always use rock then people will always counter you with scissors, even the AI can track just how often which attack you use so it will always counter hit. Luckily just like RPS, changing your strategy is a simple as changing the types of attacks you use which will always be viable because its not tied to resource.

I think Dead or Alive would be great in the competitive fighting game scene, it places more people one equal ground by being easier to lean. And having a much better metagame.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I just hope they keep giving us more single player content.I loved the tower mode and story mode in MK9 since it gave players who liked the game something els to do besides play online only.