New MK teased again, Henshin a go go baby!

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:

MK9 was the best MK in the series hands down

I felt that way for a while and I do believe it's the most well made game in the series.

Yet for some reason, my friends and I have pretty much quit the game and moved back to UMK3. Happens every time. UMK3 is probably the most broken MK game there is, but it's still fun and it's always the one I'll go back to. Even played it for a few hours just last night, it just doesn't get old.

MK2 though, I can only play that in 20 minute bursts... MK1 is just unplayable lol

The impact MK and MK2 had in fighting genre was huge , if you didnt play those games back when they first released you cant really appreciate them ( i first played those games in arcades as a kid , my fathers best friend was the owner ).

MK1 for 2014 , yes is really outdated and i wouldnt play it more than 10m myself but back then beleive me ... we were playing aaaaallll day !!! Same with MK2 .I bought Mk3 for PS, very good version of the game .... I liked 3 also but the feeling and nostalgia i get when i play MK/MK2 is on another level... Personally i like all MKs up to Ultimate and maybe Trilogy... I wasnt fan of 3D games at all though

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@AzatiS said:

The impact MK and MK2 had in fighting genre was huge , if you didnt play those games back when they first released you cant really appreciate them ( i first played those games in arcades as a kid , my fathers best friend was the owner ).

MK1 for 2014 , yes is really outdated and i wouldnt play it more than 10m myself but back then beleive me ... we were playing aaaaallll day !!! Same with MK2 .I bought Mk3 for PS, very good version of the game .... I liked 3 also but the feeling and nostalgia i get when i play MK/MK2 is on another level... Personally i like all MKs up to Ultimate and maybe Trilogy... I wasnt fan of 3D games at all though

Oh yeah, I was all in for the MK shockwave back in the day lol. Loved em in the arcades and buying MK1 for the Genesis was one of my most exciting console gaming purchases ever. Actually, MK1 was the reason I got a Genesis before an SNES. Had to have ABACABB. I was so naive back then, I actually thought Mortal Kombat was as realistic as games would ever look haha!

I played a bit of MK/MK2 a couple of nights back. Even the arcade version of the original is just too slow and shallow to enjoy.. only played about 10 matches. And god forbid you get stuck playing an old console version, especially the sluggish SNES version.

MK2, I can still manage. It has a better speed to it and very light juggling, but at least you can string a few things together. It's fun, but yeah nostalgia is definitely a must lol.

MK3 though, I binge out on that randomly throughout the year. Actually playing it on MAME right now.

I never played 4 and have no interest. Deadly Alliance and Deception were... serviceable. Didn't touch Armageddon. So that's my stance on the 3d games, so glad they went back to the basics.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41569 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Damn it! I still haven't got MK9 yet. If I did, I'd be maining a princess and a thunder god like I usually do in the other games (unless if that thunder god is in his evil form, then f*** it).

Is your backlog that big? :P Good thing is you can pick up the Komplete Edition for real cheap. 

Not so much that, it's just that I've hardly gotten the chance to get it (although I do have catching up to do on my games, namely ME3 and BL2, Guitar Hero and Civ are still there as I'm still kind of addicted into those, among other games that aren't listed, like revisits to several other games).

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I started my MK story with MK2 on PC in mid-90s. I think I liked it the most from the original trilogy. I've also played 4 and MK vs DC Universe but while the former was acceptable, the latter was downright lackluster and based on that I have a feeling that Injustice must be the worst game ever

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

MK I - Raiden

MK II - Raiden

MK3 - Sub-zero ( no Raiden :( )

MK9 - Raiden and Sub-Zero

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I hope they go back to 3D gameplay...... This whole 2D thing seems so arbitrary.

I did not particularly like it in justice because of the Stage Hazards and Power Projectiles and that stupid stage transition thing.

Ninja Realm Suck at balancing these things... They're all about cool shit first and consequences 2nd.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Phew! For a second I though lame Viewtiful Joe actually was in the roster although I would have loved pulling off as many fatalities as humanly possible on him.

I have always been a Scorpion player since the original. I started switching things up after Trilogy. Now I'm a Scorpion, Reiko, Mileena, Sektor and Cyrax player.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

Big fan of Scorpion and Sub Zero here.

I'll say that MK9 is probably the best entry in the series. I have faith in NetherRealm and am hype.

Yup, I think the next game will stay with what works so well in Mk9, and that's going back to its roots.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Big fan of Scorpion and Sub Zero here.

I'll say that MK9 is probably the best entry in the series. I have faith in NetherRealm and am hype.

Yup, I think the next game will stay with what works so well in Mk9, and that's going back to its roots.

Xbone version?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I hope they go back to 3D gameplay...... This whole 2D thing seems so arbitrary.

I did not particularly like it in justice because of the Stage Hazards and Power Projectiles and that stupid stage transition thing.

Ninja Realm Suck at balancing these things... They're all about cool shit first and consequences 2nd.

The 3d days of mk were the worst for the mk series.

@Prince_Denspion said:

MK I - Raiden

MK II - Raiden

MK3 - Sub-zero ( no Raiden :( )

MK9 - Raiden and Sub-Zero

By title mine would be.

MK - Subs

MK2 - Reptile/Cage/Lao/Tsung

Mk3 Ultimate - Liu/Lao/Tsung/NightWolf/Ninjas

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Nether realm studios has come a long way with their fighting games and have had some interesting and unique ideas, but it will still be a long time before they catch up to the Street Fighter franchise and most japanese fighters in general.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
Loading Video...

Heck, throw another movie in there.
It has been in development for so long.
What happened to this epicness Mortal Kombat/Dark Knight/Rebirth thingy trailer.
(MUST WATCH IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEW MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE PROJECT)

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

OK, show of hands. Who played the original games (1-3) in the arcade? And who was introduced to the series from the console editions?

:)

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
@AdobeArtist said:

OK, show of hands. Who played the original games (1-3) in the arcade? And who was introduced to the series from the console editions?

:)

Didn't play it in the arcade, but did play 1 and 2 on 486 in 1993 or something like that.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I am a huge MK fan.I absolutely love MK and I play it competitively. With that said, I am super excited to hear a new one is coming. The characters I've used the most were, Baraka, Kung Lao, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, and Cyrax.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Is Brock Lesnar in the next one or something?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

Why..... Because people kept dodging your projectiles with as much easy as you could fire them ? :p

My brother also prefered the 2D ones because he knew how to exploit them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#68 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

But MK8 just released...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9588 Posts

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Baraka.... or not that I have seen. Anyways though, my favorite characters are probably Baraka and Mileena. I also like Kenshi but he didn't come till later in the series, so I'm not sure he counts.

Classic picks are all the ninjas including Sub Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Rain, Reptile, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Kitana, Jade, and the robots like Cyrax and Sektor.

You know who else is good but I don't like using her is too much... Sindel.

Then the other 4 off the top of my head are Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, and Shang Tsung.

anyways though... now I am just listing all the characters... :P It appears I like most of them.

So, time for a top 5.

1. Baraka/Mileena

2. Kenshi

3. Sub Zero/Scorpion

4. Reptile

5. Liu Kang

Even my top 5 has 7.... but the duos are pretty complimentary.

*edit* can't believe I didn't mention Kabal or Raiden... *until now* :P

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LadyBlue

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

Why..... Because people kept dodging your projectiles with as much easy as you could fire them ? :p

My brother also prefered the 2D ones because he knew how to exploit them.

Because the gameplay mechanics were horrible. Don't get me started on the weapons.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Hope they make it as good as MK9 and I'll be a happy camper.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

Sorry... Don't see what you mean.... So Please... Get started on the Weapons.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Please add a run button if it is a fighter. =P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

All i want is cheese people with Easymac. Such epic hatemails

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

@AdobeArtist: arcade all the way for the best gameplay and graphics.

then got into console versions for unlimited play.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lulu_Lulu

@Legend002

Yes... I'm sick and tired of double flicking the stick just for measly little two-step dash..... I'm all in favour of the Return of the Run Button.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#77  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I'm sure no one will agree with me, but I enjoyed MK deadly alliance and deception way more than MK9. MK9 felt like MK3 reskin to me.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#78  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41569 Posts

@AdobeArtist: I was one who was introduced through the console versions. Played Midway Arcade Treasures 2 on my PS2 when I was getting more into the series.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Hope Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Noob Saibot return.

@freedomfreak said:

Give the girls less manly faces this time, pls.

Also this. Their faces were complete wtf in that game.

Would be nice if they also fixed those hair animations. They seemed a little stiff.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Lulu_Lulu

@da_illest101

I definately Agree with.... It just felt like a step backwards. They were making good progressive.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Hopefully these future fighting games can live up to the standards that KI has set.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LadyBlue

@Lord_Omikron666:

pick one, because you sure as hell can't pick both. lol

KI

Setting standard

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lulu_Lulu

@Lord_Omikron666

Expect a call from my lawyer because I'm suing you for attempted manslaughter.... I nearly died Laughing at your stupid post ! :D busted my ribs the way I laught so hard !

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

smoke and kenshi

only played it on ps3. pc version any good?

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lord_Omikron666

@ladyblue said:

@Lord_Omikron666:

pick one, because you sure as hell can't pick both. lol KI Setting standard 
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Lord_Omikron666

Expect a call from my lawyer because I'm suing you for attempted manslaughter.... I nearly died Laughing at your stupid post ! :D busted my ribs the way I laught so hard !

Well you both clearly don't know jack shit about KI.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lulu_Lulu

@Lord_Omikron666

Feel free to educate me.... I'l refrain from being rude or judgemental.

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lord_Omikron666

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Lord_Omikron666

Feel free to educate me.... I'l refrain from being rude or judgemental.

KI has one of the best tutorials I've seen in a fighting game, it not only teaches you the basics of KI, it also teaches you really high level stuff such as frame data, frame traps, and hitboxes. Speaking of frame data, you can check frame data in-game and turn on hitboxes in training mode. Save for maybe Sabrewulf, KI has a very well balanced, albeit small right now, roster and every character is very different from one another so we see diversity in tournaments a lot. Let's not forget KI's online which is hands down the best online fighting game there is, it's almost flawless and KI has shown everyone how online for a fighting game should be done. One last thing KI has is support from its developers, it's important to continue supporting a fighting game and giving it updates otherwise it's just going to fester and eventually die down like MK9.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Liquid_

@Lord_Omikron666: you were dumb enough to buy an xbox 1. Your non persuasive essay is invalid

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lord_Omikron666

@Liquid_ said:

@Lord_Omikron666: you were dumb enough to buy an xbox 1. Your non persuasive essay is invalid

Dumb enough to buy an Xbox One? I bought one because I wanted one and I'm quite satisfied with my purchase so you have no place to say anything about what I bought.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Lulu_Lulu

@Lord_Omikron666

Well Alot of Fighting Games have decent Tutorials, As for things like Fame Data and Hitboxes, thats not a particulatly good thing atleast for not for me. If you played Dead or Alive then you'l notice they too give you that Data except it doesn't make a difference, the tutorial is not as in depth because its not that hard to get into..... Fighting in DoA doesn't boil down to struggling with complicated controls and counting frames..... It draws as much attention away from those things so you can focus on your opponent. Its like Rock Paper Scissors, easy to learn the rules and easy to play but it can't be mastered because not because it appears random but because its a metagame. Like Rock Paper Scissors, DoA has pretty good metagame thanks to its Double Blind (You don't know which hand your opponent will throw next and he doesn't know yours either), now all fighting games are pretty much like this, the difference with DoA is this remains true even in the middle having your ass handed to you in a combo, unlike most other fighting games, you don't have let wait for the combo to run its course. You can gamble and counter the next move, changing the flow of combat and they can do the same to you. All this doesn't require much knowledge in the controlls or behind the scenes building blocks of the game. So it can't really be mastered, just like you can't master Rock Paper Scissors. It would be pretty boring and predictable if they place emphasis on mastering the gameplay like In KI

as for the things like continued support and online. Its got that too, although its hard to support a game thats pretty much balanced already.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Liquid_

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

@Liquid_ said:

Dumb enough to buy an Xbox One? I bought one because I wanted one and I'm quite satisfied with my purchase so you have no place to say anything about what I bought.

Your choice of character gives me room to place my opinion on what an awful purchase you made.

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Lord_Omikron666

@Lulu_Lulu:

What's decent? Do they teach these advanced things? You're saying it's not a step forward to have a tutorial that teaches these things so beginners and intermediate players can learn and get into the advanced stuff? There's this thing called a skill gap that's always prevalent in fighting games, you can jump in as a beginner and it's not difficult to do so, but eventually if you want to step up your game you're gonna have to learn character matchups, understand frame data, and get into mind games. And why does it only have to be about DoA, what about much more relevant fighting games such as Street Fighter, Marvel, and most other fighting games that require you to learn these things if you wanna really be good? Also, KI has it's Combo Breaker and Counter Breaker system which sounds similar to this Double Blind system, you can Combo Break someone if you see, guess, or mash the same attack strength the opponent is using in their Auto Doubles, Manuals, or Linkers. However, you can also go for a bluff with a Counter Breaker where you end your combo and if your opponent tries to break, you get a reset, but it will leave you open if your opponent doesn't try to break. Again, why just DoA, what about other fighting games that could use more support, or why just stop because a game is somewhat balanced, like I said if a fighting game doesn't get support it's gonna stagnate.

Oh, and fresh from SRK: Mortal Kombat X Listings Found on Amazon UK

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lord_Omikron666

@Liquid_:

Choice of character? Not quite sure what you mean by that, but it still doesn't matter what you think. I bought an Xbox One, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase, deal with it. Or are you suggesting I should have bought a PS4?

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

Mortal Kombat is THE GAME that gets me pumped each time one comes out (except Armageddon). I'm incredibly stoked for it, except this time I gotta not watch so many videos and keep up to date on every tidbit. I'm hoping for next-gen only. It's nice to see how many people want a next-gen only MK.

Scorpion forever, favorite since MK1.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By LadyBlue

@g0ddyX:

I need to watch web series.

@MickeyTheNinja said:

Mortal Kombat is THE GAME that gets me pumped each time one comes out (except Armageddon). I'm incredibly stoked for it, except this time I gotta not watch so many videos and keep up to date on every tidbit. I'm hoping for next-gen only. It's nice to see how many people want a next-gen only MK.

Scorpion forever, favorite since MK1.

The last game resureccted the series. So wich ninja design did you like best MK1 or MK2?

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ladyblue said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Damn it! I still haven't got MK9 yet. If I did, I'd be maining a princess and a thunder god like I usually do in the other games (unless if that thunder god is in his evil form, then f*** it).

Is your backlog that big? :P Good thing is you can pick up the Komplete Edition for real cheap. 

Not so much that, it's just that I've hardly gotten the chance to get it (although I do have catching up to do on my games, namely ME3 and BL2, Guitar Hero and Civ are still there as I'm still kind of addicted into those, among other games that aren't listed, like revisits to several other games).

I see... haven't heard of anyone playing gh these days. :P 
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

@ladyblue MKII Ninja designs all the way. I loved the quilted pattern. In MK9 though, the MKI alt costumes were better than the MKII redesigns. I liked the cloth thrown together more in 3D.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Lulu_Lulu

@Lord_Omikron666

Theres nothing advanced to teach.... Its a simple game like Rock Paper Scissors. And I chose DoA because it has no "resources".

Street Fighter and Marvel and Injustice and Mortal Kombat 9, has things like Supers and Ultras and Xray attacks that give an advantage to the people who have more of them. I believe Killer Instinct has something like that too. As for your "skill gap".....well that works in DoA's favour..... Its far simpler to play than Killer Instinct so it has a lower Skill Floor but its no less difficult to master than Killer Instinct so its got a the same Skill Ceiling...... Simple subtraction will show DoA has a larger skill gap, actually like I mentioned before, it makes use of Double Blinds so it has a Dynamic Skill Celing, in other words its only as Difficult as your opponents ability to predict your moves regardless of how well they mastered the controlls and gameplay, just like Rock Paper Scissors.

Isn't Killer Instinct's Double Blind tied to a resource ? Can one keep breaking the combo forever like DoA ? If so then my bad.

Well if DoA Stagnates then Tecmo has room to release another game.... Kinda like sports games..... Their not gonna make more money by keeping the game relevant after the Initial Purchase so I say let it die then comeback with a sequel.... Everybody wins.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

They just released Mario Kart 8...

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

MK9 had a great story mode. Something tons of fighting games are lacking today.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I was quite good with Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax. Ermac was also a decent character for me, but only on good days.

I have very little fighting game experience, and very much enjoyed MK9. Probably won't buy MK10 though. At least until the GOTY Edition is $20.