New JRPG for PS3: Tears to Tiara

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

I know up until now, the PS3 has been rather "barren" when it comes to JRPG's, but it looks like it's now starting to come around. Enjoy the vids. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43225.htmlhttp://www.gametrailers.com/player/43227.html

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts
good find! The 360 has already made it my rpg console, but atleast I'll have somthing to play other than Disgea 3
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

People (especially Lemmings) are gonna argue with you about this game being a JRPG. Because it has some strategy element to it, they claim it's not a JRPG but a SRPG, even if it's made in Japan, it's not a JRPG. LOL

Looks ok, but Valkyria Chronicles seems better than this RPG by a mile.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
New? Huh? I've known about this game for ages. Odd.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Looks alright but is it really a JRPG?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dream431ca

Looks alright but is it really a JRPG?fenwickhotmail

See? I told you :P

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nervmeister
Looks alright but is it really a JRPG?fenwickhotmail
Well, it's an RPG made by Japanese devs, so yeah.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fenwickhotmail

[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]Looks alright but is it really a JRPG?dream431ca

Lol, call me a Lemming, but I love RPG's on all consoles. I can't stand strategy RPG's, though.
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
New? Huh? I've known about this game for ages. Odd.Floppy_Jim
Same here.
oTHE_FLOPo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 oTHE_FLOPo
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

People (especially Lemmings) are gonna argue with you about this game being a JRPG. Because it has some strategy element to it, they claim it's not a JRPG but a SRPG, even if it's made in Japan, it's not a JRPG. LOL

dream431ca

yeah when this game flops people (cows), will say its not an JRPG .

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]Looks alright but is it really a JRPG?fenwickhotmail

Lol, call me a Lemming, but I love RPG's on all consoles. I can't stand strategy RPG's, though.

That's fine. I just don't understand why people can't understand that, if an RPG is made in Japan, it's a JRPG. JRPG is a generic term being all RPGs made in Japan, whether, turn based, strategy or non turn based.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fenwickhotmail
My bad, I assumed the term was simply connected to the generic JRPG.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Um, it's an SRPG.. I guess you can call the PS3 the king of SRPGs and the 360 the king of JRPGs. Doesn't look that great tho. Disgaea 3 is the way to go, imo.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nervmeister
Um, it's an SRPG.xsubtownerx
Yes, that and a JRPG in general.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

oTHE_FLOPo

yeah when this game flops people (cows), will say its not an JRPG .

Does it matter? And it would have to be hyped for it to be called a flop.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Um, it's an SRPG.nervmeister

So Disgaea is a JRPG now? :lol:
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dream431ca

Um, it's an SRPG.. I guess you can call the PS3 the king of SRPGs and the 360 the king of JRPGs. Doesn't look that great tho. Disgaea 3 is the way to go, imo.xsubtownerx

JRPG is generic, meaning made in Japan, not the type of RPG. This game is made in Japan, therefore it's a JRPG but it's a strategy RPG so it would be called a strategy JRPG.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dream431ca

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Um, it's an SRPG.xsubtownerx

Is Disagea made in Japan?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nervmeister
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Um, it's an SRPG.xsubtownerx

It's always been a JRPG. The term "SRPG" is and will always be a sub-category.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

dream431ca

Um no that is the exuse being used by cows lately in response that 360 JRPGs sell better then PS3 JRPGS in Japan. Cow defense is that they are SRPGS and not your traditional JRPGS hence why they don't sell as good.

This is in reference to games such as Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles not beating out 360 JRPGs in sales even though they are games of quality.

Anyways is this game even gonna see a U.S release? This is an adult rated game. Meaning um well yeah Hentai or whatever you want to call it. This is a remake of the 2005 PC release. I doubt this game comes to America or even outside of Japan. No way an orgoe/hentai game is coming outside Japan unless it goes through some serious changes.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]Yes, that and a JRPG in general.nervmeister

There's always been a difference between two.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Um, it's an SRPG.. I guess you can call the PS3 the king of SRPGs and the 360 the king of JRPGs. Doesn't look that great tho. Disgaea 3 is the way to go, imo.dream431ca

JRPG is generic, meaning made in Japan, not the type of RPG. This game is made in Japan, therefore it's a JRPG but it's a strategy RPG so it would be called a strategy JRPG.

You are a good man dream431ca. Any RPG that comes out of Japan Strategy, online, turned based whatever is a JRPG. JRPG just means Japanese RPG. Japanese can make Strategy RPGS as well.  

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nervmeister
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] So Disgaea is a JRPG now? :lol:Ragnarok1051

What does the "J" in JRPG stand for, Ragnarok?
shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
looks suuuuper lame.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dream431ca

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] So Disgaea is a JRPG now? :lol:Ragnarok1051

Yes, difference in game mechanics. Here is what I mean:

RPG A = Turn based free roaming RPG made in Japan

RPG B = Stratgey RPG, using only a map to move around a some free roaming areas but the main focus is on the strategy combat also made in Japan.

To tell me that RPG B (the strategy RPG) even though it is made in Japan, is not a JRPG, is simply ridiculous. 

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]Yes, that and a JRPG in general.nervmeister

This is how I have always thought of it, glad to see im not the only one :)
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Um, it's an SRPG.. I guess you can call the PS3 the king of SRPGs and the 360 the king of JRPGs. Doesn't look that great tho. Disgaea 3 is the way to go, imo.Blackbond

You are a good man dream431ca. Any RPG that comes out of Japan Strategy, online, turned based whatever is a JRPG. JRPG just means Japanese RPG. Japanese can make Strategy RPGS as well.  

Thanks man.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]It's always been a JRPG. The term "SRPG" is and will always be a sub-category.nervmeister

Yeah but if a western company makes one we now have to call it a WSRPG? A SRPG is just that a SRPG.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] There's always been a difference between two.Ragnarok1051

Yeah but if a western company makes one we now have to call it a WSRPG? A SRPG is just that a SRPG.

Thats because we live in the west. Over in Japan I'm sure they don't label their games Japanese Rpgs they probably just call them RPGs or SRPGS as well. The only thing the W or J means is the origin of its creation. In the ned they are all just RPGS. 

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]What does the "J" in JRPG stand for, Ragnarok?Blackbond

Thats because we live in the west. Over in Japan I'm sure they don't label their games Japanese Rpgs they probably just call them RPGs or SRPGS as well. The only thing the W or J means is the origin of its creation. In the ned they are all just RPGS. 

Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
It's just too bad that the game may not even come to the UK, and will be a year late if it does.
Avatar image for illegalimigrant
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 illegalimigrant
Member since 2008 • 1402 Posts
Valkyre Chronicles is one of the best RPG's i have played.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dream431ca
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] Yeah but if a western company makes one we now have to call it a WSRPG? A SRPG is just that a SRPG.Ragnarok1051

Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.

Or Lemmings are trying to make themselves feel better by saying that a JRPG can only be turned based and open world and can't have any strategy element to it, otherwise it's not a JRPG. 360 has no strategy RPGs so of course Lemmings are going to say strategy RPGs are not JRPGs. If a RPG is made in Japan, it's a JRPG. How difficult is that to understand? Seriously?
DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.

Final Fantasy Tactics, Battle Orge, and Diseaga has always been consider Jrpgs. J means Japanese in case you didn't know...
fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

I know up until now, the PS3 has been rather "barren" when it comes to JRPG's, but it looks like it's now starting to come around. Enjoy the vids. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43225.htmlhttp://www.gametrailers.com/player/43227.html

This game is old already released on japan about few months ago and in china this game is years old. Iport the game and play it.
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
wow, another strategy jrpg, PASS
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Blackbond

Um no that is the exuse being used by cows lately in response that 360 JRPGs sell better then PS3 JRPGS in Japan. Cow defense is that they are SRPGS and not your traditional JRPGS hence why they don't sell as good.

This is in reference to games such as Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles not beating out 360 JRPGs in sales even though they are games of quality.

Anyways is this game even gonna see a U.S release? This is an adult rated game. Meaning um well yeah Hentai or whatever you want to call it. This is a remake of the 2005 PC release. I doubt this game comes to America or even outside of Japan. No way an orgoe/hentai game is coming outside Japan unless it goes through some serious changes.

I really don't think we should list SRPGs made in Japan as JRPGs. To me a WSRPG like Silent Storm has more in common with JSRPGs than a JRPG like Final Fantasy and Tales of with a WRPG like Fallout or Fable. And SRPGs are a very small fanbase.

That being said this game will never come out here because it is an adult rated game, even if it isn't it is a SRPG, and Japan has a ton of them that doesn't come out here. I'm surprised Atlus brought Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3 and Zoids Assault here (really surprised on Zoids Assault, how many people know what they are besides me *Hugs his Command Wolf and Shild Liger modles*).

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

dream431ca

Or Lemmings are trying to make themselves feel better by saying that a JRPG can only be turned based and open world and can't have any strategy element to it, otherwise it's not a JRPG. 360 has no strategy RPGs so of course Lemmings are going to say strategy RPGs are not JRPGs. If a RPG is made in Japan, it's a JRPG. How difficult is that to understand? Seriously?

Lemmings calll SJRPGS JRPGs as they like to compare the sales of the JRPGS they have on 360 to that of the JRPGS the PS3 has which is an arguement in their favor.

The cows are saying that SRPGS are not JRPGS so when the lemmings say are JRPGS sell better then yours they can claim that games like Disgaea 3 and Valkryia Chronciles are not JRPGS.

Fact of the matter is though that any RPG made in Japan is a JRPG. if its a Strategy game then its a Japanese Strategy game. Calling an RPG Japanese in essense the J isn't a matter of genre distinction only whether the game is of Western or Japanese origin.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.Blackbond

Lemmings calll SJRPGS JRPGs as they like to compare the sales of the JRPGS they have on 360 to that of the JRPGS the PS3 has which is an arguement in their favor.

The cows are saying that SRPGS are not JRPGS so when the lemmings say are JRPGS sell better then yours they can claim that games like Disgaea 3 and Valkryia Chronciles are not JRPGS.

Fact of the matter is though that any RPG made in Japan is a JRPG. if its a Strategy game then its a Japanese Strategy game. Calling an RPG Japanese in essense the J isn't a matter of genre distinction only whether the game is of Western or Japanese origin.

That's exactly my point. Some people just don't get it, or don't want to get it.

oTHE_FLOPo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 oTHE_FLOPo
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.DragonFlyJ
Final Fantasy Tactics, Battle Orge, and Diseaga has always been consider Jrpgs. J means Japanese in case you didn't know...

Wow -renegade how many ALT accounts do you have first it was jakari now this?:roll:

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blackbond

[QUOTE="DragonFlyJ"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] Still doesn't seem right. I haven't heard a SRPG called a JRPG up until now. Just seems like something the cows are starting to make up for their lack of JRPGs.oTHE_FLOPo

Wow -renegade how many ALT accounts do you have first it was jakari now this?:roll:

And what does that have to do with said above post? 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="oTHE_FLOPo"]

[QUOTE="DragonFlyJ"] Final Fantasy Tactics, Battle Orge, and Diseaga has always been consider Jrpgs. J means Japanese in case you didn't know...Blackbond

And what does that have to do with said above post? 

nothing..he's just using the "change subject" skill. :lol:

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
Looks good another title to import for my PS3
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
great for the ps3 community
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Um, it's an SRPG.. I guess you can call the PS3 the king of SRPGs and the 360 the king of JRPGs. Doesn't look that great tho. Disgaea 3 is the way to go, imo.xsubtownerx

Right. So I guess all fighters made in japan should be called "JFG" - japanese fighting games? Give me a break.. :roll:
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

xsubtownerx

Right. So I guess all fighters made in japan should be called "JFG" - japanese fighting games? Give me a break.. :roll:

You realize that when games get reviewed at GS they don't say JRPG or WRPG. Its just RPG right. The JRPG and WRPG pretty much comes from the fans not the industry. The industry doesn't see the place of origin as a genre. In reality these games are just Role Playing games and then they go into the subdivions there such as strategy RPG, MMORPG or whatever. Can you really define place of creation as a genre? Maybe you can. After hearing all sides I really don't even know anymore myself to be honest.