New inFamous trailer. KZ3 didn't meet the hype, I'm thinking this one will

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Before it released, I was hyping the first game AAAE and GS was feeling generous and gave it a sweet 9.0. Recently, it seems like their reviews have been a little harsher. And because 1000 posts is always a fun goal, I'll say PS3 is taking the hardest hit, with both ME2 and KZ3 scoring 8.5s.

So, while I'm really looking forward to the sequel more than any game this year (including Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3) I feel like its very much a toss up. Could it fix all the problems the first one had? Or will it be an imbalanced frustrating mess? I'm thinking the former, but there's a lot of space in between those options. Anyway here's the trailer, the Europe boxart, and some new info:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/25/new-infamous-2-trailer-being-a-hero-is-optional/

Oh and for those who don't know, inFamous 2 releases June 7 2011 in the US. Europe, probably 2 days later.

Edit: I also have the GTTV episode here:http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/115?ch=1&sd=1_hd

The trailer is in it, but there are a ton of ads for a kinect game. And those ads are unbearable!

HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HailedJohnDman
Member since 2010 • 1588 Posts

what have we learned from KZ3 and Gt5?

honestly IAM looking forward to Infamous 2 but IT HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF FLOPPING, i dont think coles new look will be particularly well received

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

This game is to special for this System wars bashing bait hype thing. Infamous 2 and Batman Arkham City are the only two super hero games coming this year in a pool of FPS

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RandomWinner

honestly IAM looking forward to Infamous 2 but IT HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF FLOPPING, i dont think coles new look will be particularly well received

HailedJohnDman

That's no fun!

And the first surpassed its AA hype. So that's something. As for KZ and GT, good thing I was never too interested in those two, because I would've been real disappointed.

And does the game have an official hype or even a hype thread? Release is 4 months away!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am anticipating a 9.0 from GS, and the game is looking quite awesome so far! Definitely getting it.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
I like Killzone 3, Infamous 2 has something to prove after that repetitive nonsense that Infamous spewed all over the place.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Wow the trailer and boxart are amazing! I'm only going to hype it AAE though just because its annoying hearing good games referred to as flops for all eternity in SW

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
I reckon it'll get an 8.5 or a 9 from GS, similar scores to the first game. Oh and BTW, I got infinite votes due to GS being so glitchy :) I only used two, though.
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RandomWinner

I reckon it'll get an 8.5 or a 9 from GS, similar scores to the first game. Oh and BTW, I got infinite votes due to GS being so glitchy :) I only used two, though.TheOtherTheoG

Hey vote 8.5 a bunch of times! Then cows at glitchspot can brag about how the game met/surpassed the hype.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

Probably 8.0-8.5 as the first one was overrated here and quite boring. I will only buy this game if they have a free beta to the MP in UC3 like the first one did for UC2.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
hopefully a 9.0 i enjoyed the first one and looks like they are really improving the game alot , ima hype it AA tho lol just in case
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Given the metascore of the first game, I'd say there's a fair chance it won't be AAA.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

HailedJohnDman

Are you telling me that because I'm ugly I can't haz a bright future? :cry:

Fan where the ones that wanted Coles old design and Sucker Punch delivered. That's whta I call a great developer.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Killzone 3 didn't flop. I doubt this one will either.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Infamous 1 was a great game, Killzone 3 is awesome and so is GT5. Just because they didn't scored 9's and 10's across the boards doesn't mean that these games are crap. And if you see the the reviews individually they got plenty of perfect scores and 9's is just that some no name sites gave them some 6's that totally ruined their metascore. But I have no doubt that Infamous 2 will be another awesome exclusive game for the PS3.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

GS Score 8.0 - 'too many options, weak story due to it not being directed by stanley kubrick'

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RandomWinner

Infamous 1 was a great game, Killzone 3 is awesome and so is GT5. Just because they didn't scored 9's and 10's across the boards doesn't mean that these games are crap. And if you see the the reviews individually they got plenty of perfect scores and 9's is just that some no name sites gave them some 6's that totally ruined their metascore. But I have no doubt that Infamous 2 will be another awesome exclusive game for the PS3.

Gue1

Your on system wars. Can I uhhh, borrow, you logic yeah, thanks great. You'll get it back whenever.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

kz3 and gt5 didnt meet hype? obviously people who criticise these games don't know anything about it, because they both have a ton of people playing.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

HailedJohnDman
Only one difference. I wasn't interested in KZ3 or GT5. This one will get AAA
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

inFAMOUS is my favourite PS3 game to date and this one looks to be a colossal improvement over that game. If this game is anything as good as it looks, then it has a very good chance at penetrating my top 3 games of this gen

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
OMG!!! He still has the ice powers!! And napalm too! I really don't care about what it gets here, i just want it in my PS3.
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RandomWinner

OMG!!! He still has the ice powers!! And napalm too! I really don't care about what it gets here, i just want it in my PS3.funsohng

This, actually thinking about it now though, do you still have electical powers to use in adition to either napalm or ice? I hope I can switch to use my electical powers in addition to whichever path I choose!

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

HailedJohnDman

That fanboys pick and choose which games to attack and which games to succeed. In between was littlebigplanet 2. Didthat flop.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
im thinking aa
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Hmm to begin with I didn't think I'd bother with Infamous 2, but the more I see it, the more I want it. Looks like they've done a great job on expanding on the first game.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out the issue people have with KZ3. What? It's not worthy because GS didn't give it a 9.0+? You guys are lames. Lol, you sound like the losers that only buy Ferragamo shoes and anything less is not fit for your feet. Loosen up you lames, play games for the fun factor not the rating.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

HailedJohnDman
A flop doesn't mean it's a bad game, it means it didn't met it's hype on SW.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I vote AAE, the reviewer will find something to give it this score lol, but i don't care i'm enjoying Infamous 1 right now, it's just that it has no AA is bothering me lol :P.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I'm predicting an 8.5. You cows need to stop hyping your exclusives AAA. Lately, they tend to flop.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I'm predicting an 8.5. You cows need to stop hyping your exclusives AAA. Lately, they tend to flop.Doolz2024
I have been satisfied with most of the PS3 exclusives I have hyped for.
arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

KZ3 surpassed the hype. its just that blind, bias, whining xbox fanboys dont want to admit it. KZ3 is greatest FPS that I have every played and I have not been presented with one legitimate argument to the contrary.

HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HailedJohnDman

KZ3 surpassed the hype. its just that blind, bias, whining xbox fanboys dont want to admit it. KZ3 is greatest FPS that I have every played and I have not been presented with one legitimate argument to the contrary.

arbitor365

Poor story and uninteresting characters?

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

To be honest inFamous didn't deserve its AAA rating. I have competed it twice and love it, but it doesn't warrant a 9/10. While the story was good, there were some graphical hitches and the side mission variety was pretty lackluster. I'd have given it 8/10. inFamous 2 however looks to have improved everything, so I see no reason why GS wouldn't award it AAA when they gave the original AAA.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

HailedJohnDman

there is nothing wrong with the story's presentation, pacing, or acting. and guess what? I actually like the characters, especially the villians.

I doubt you even played the game. you are just parroting this generic, BS complaint.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

It's will be rated harshly for not being different enough from the original, meanwhile Gears 3 will be praised for havving innovative features like a girl Gear.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
As long as the bugs and glitches can be removed, inFamous 2 should have no problem being better than its already well done predecessor.
HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HailedJohnDman

[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

there is nothing wrong with the story's presentation, pacing, or acting. and guess what? I actually like the characters, especially the villians.

I doubt you even played the game. you are just parroting this generic, BS complaint.

your right, i havent got the game and i dont plan on getting it, i got killzone 2, finished SP once, played 2 MP matches then got bored of it, why would i be playing killzone 3 when i can play halo reach which is *undoubtly* the better game

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

HailedJohnDman

your right, i havent got the game and i dont plan on getting it, i got killzone 2, finished SP once, played 2 MP matches then got bored of it, why would i be playing killzone 3 when i can play halo reach which is *undoubtly* the better game

Killzone 2 and 3 are superior to any halo game. they have

- better graphics and visuals

- better gunplay

- better singleplayer campaigns

- better multiplayer

- better music

- better story

- better physics

- better tension and action

- better AI

- better controls

halo is not even close. when are people going to realize that halo is overrated garbage?

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Before it released, I was hyping the first game AAAE and GS was feeling generous and gave it a sweet 9.0. Recently, it seems like their reviews have been a little harsher. And because 1000 posts is always a fun goal, I'll say PS3 is taking the hardest hit, with both ME2 and KZ3 scoring 8.5s.

So, while I'm really looking forward to the sequel more than any game this year (including Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3) I feel like its very much a toss up. Could it fix all the problems the first one had? Or will it be an imbalanced frustrating mess? I'm thinking the former, but there's a lot of space in between those options. Anyway here's the trailer, the Europe boxart, and some new info:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/25/new-infamous-2-trailer-being-a-hero-is-optional/

Oh and for those who don't know, inFamous 2 releases June 7 2011 in the US. Europe, probably 2 days later.

Edit: I also have the GTTV episode here:http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/115?ch=1&sd=1_hd

The trailer is in it, but there are a ton of ads for a kinect game. And those ads are unbearable!

RandomWinner

ME2 coming to the PS3 is a bigger hit to X360 ( yeah, yeah I know, the game is on PC, but now it's on the PS3 now lemmings :P ) .... KZ3 flopped score wise :?, I hyped it AAA, I actually dun know what happened wrong with the game !!!!!

Infamous2 looks a step forward just like KZ3, but I can't be sure now, GS is adapting a new more harsher polisy in reviwing games.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Once again NA gets the worse boxart!

HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HailedJohnDman

[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

Killzone 2 and 3 are superior to any halo game. they have

- better graphics and visuals

- better gunplay

- better singleplayer campaigns

- better multiplayer

- better music

- better story

- better physics

- better tension and action

- better AI

- better controls

halo is not even close. when are people going to realize that halo is overrated garbage?

the ones marked red are false, the only real thing killzone has over ANY GAME is graphics

HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HailedJohnDman

[QUOTE="RandomWinner"]

omho88

ME2 coming to the PS3 is a bigger hit to X360 ( yeah, yeah I know, the game is on PC, but now it's on the PS3 now lemmings :P ) .... KZ3 flopped score wise :?, I hyped it AAA, I actually dun know what happened wrong with the game !!!!!

Infamous2 looks a step forward just like KZ3, but I can't be sure now, GS is adapting a new more harsher polisy in reviwing games.

which reminds me, mass effect 2 for ps3 also flopped :lol:

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#43 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

GS Score 8.0 - 'too many options, weak story due to it not being directed by stanley kubrick'

Zaibach

this made me literally laugh out loud. I'm right now playing Killzone 3's story line. i've gotten to the jungle (won't spoil anything).

I don't get what the hell the complaining of a bad story. It's an FPS game storyline and frankly i'm actually liking it. and the multiplayer i can get into! It's already much better then Killzone 2, and I do not say that lightly.

seriously i think sometimes GS goes into these times where they're overall being more nitpicky about games, and then they'll go back to normal. or sometimes get washed over by the hype.

also loved inFamous 1 a lot. stopped watching new trailers for inFamous 2. i WILL buy it, in fact i'm gonna get the hero edition. I've seen a few trailers already. i'm already super excited for it.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

This game looks like it is such a big improvement over the first. The new power-ups look great.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 omho88
[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="omho88"]

[QUOTE="RandomWinner"]

Won't change the fact that I am playing it rightnow on the PS3, and more importantly ME3 :D .
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Looks better than I could have hoped for.

It will score at the very VERY least an 8, and I'm thinking it will get a 9, judging by the footage and gameplay changes.

The two girls are kind of cool, I'm gonna guess it's a "good girl, bad girl, you get to have whichever one matches your karma" idea.

HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HailedJohnDman

[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="omho88"]

omho88

Won't change the fact that I am playing it rightnow on the PS3, and more importantly ME3 :D .

true.but fanboys hyped it as "TEH DEFINITIVE VERISOBN!!!!!"

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i wonder if it can dethrone my current game of the gen, which is infamous

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 omho88
[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="omho88"][QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

lol ..... I won't say definitve, but fanboys said that after IGN review ..... go check it out, the meta of ME2/PS3 is almost as high as ME2/X360 so flopped or not, the game is on the PS3 and the sequel will be on the PS3 also .... the x360 will have to share its sales with the PS3 on this one :) .
HailedJohnDman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HailedJohnDman

[QUOTE="HailedJohnDman"]

[QUOTE="omho88"] Won't change the fact that I am playing it rightnow on the PS3, and more importantly ME3 :D .omho88

lol ..... I won't say definitve, but fanboys said that after IGN review ..... go check it out, the meta of ME2/PS3 is almost as high as ME2/X360 so flopped or not, the game is on the PS3 and the sequel will be on the PS3 also .... the x360 will have to share its sales with the PS3 on this one :) .

i might get it for d ps3 if it has some extra good mission DLC's but we still have to see