New Hitman Gameplay looks like Blood Money 2.0

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I had a blast with Blood Money.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

His name was Isaac Briggs not "Frank Fisher". Whether they make it part of the main game or a seperate campaign along side the game doesn't matter to me.... as long as its Asymmetric and Co-Dependent.

I don't play Hitman or any game for the Story.... their stories are kinda ridiculous anyway.... as exepected from Video Game Narratives. Whatever excuse they make up for giving old Baldilocks a partner... I'l buy it it either way.

I already told yah how I envision the Co-Op.... I just want it in there some way some how.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Good, I guess. I don't know what developer takes a game franchise, and then essentially forget to include what everyone loved about the previous games into the sequel. I always thought the idea was to take what everyone loved about and build upon that.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Good, I guess. I don't know what developer takes a game franchise, and then essentially forget to include what everyone loved about the previous games into the sequel. I always thought the idea was to take what everyone loved about and build upon that.

tell that to bioware. im still waiting for my dragon age origins sequel

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

That's good. Blood Money is regarded as one of the best stealth games of all time. But the thing I hate about Hitman games is that missions require a ton of trial and error until you can pull them off half decently.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I have blood money untouched in my library. I suppose I should give it a try now to see what all the fuss is about! I liked Absolution, seeing as I had no point of reference from the series.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@happyduds77 said:

That's good. Blood Money is regarded as one of the best stealth games of all time. But the thing I hate about Hitman games is that missions require a ton of trial and error until you can pull them off half decently.

but the trial and error is the best part of the series..IMO anyway.

would spend hours doing one mission

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lulu_Lulu

@lawlessx:

Its the worst of every single game in existence..... because its a waste of time.

Its also the mark of a game that doesn't adequately communicate information to the player giving them what they need to be able to solve the puzzle ahead with as little unnecessary repetition as possible.

I don't know about you but I don't like replaying parts of a game through trial and error testing how far the guards can hear.... what sounds are louder than what.... how the cone of vision and detection the guards have or if it applies if they turn their heads and not their bodies. How many seconds I have to kill a guard after he notices me before he alerts his fellow guards.... if the tranquilizer darts work on animals as well as guards..... which drain pipes are actually climable and which are just decorative.... and so on

Thats the worst part of any game: spending more time deciphering the mechanics instead of using them to complete the task at hand.... if I wanted to learn by trial and error then I would be a play tester....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lulu_Lulu

@happyduds77:

Yep... thats the worst.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46523 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I have a feeling the game won't be shipped with a lot of content. For them to cut off season pass like that, and push the "free" stuff? No. Splatoon pulled the same shit.

They were very adamant about dropping in a mission or two every now and then, through daily challenges and all that. I doubt this game will be as complete as previous entries.

Splatoon is actually an example of DLC done right. Lots of support post launch and for free.

And yes, I have the same doubts. But frankly we don't know yet how much content is going to be in the game day one.

If it's pathetically low, than yeah, we could see it coming. But if it turns out to be a game with a lot of content on launch and more post release, than that would be sweet.

Witcher 3 was a game with loads of content on launch and lots more free stuff coming out after launch, so why can't other games ?

@jg4xchamp said:

Ahem assuming you're feeling lazy and don't want to sit through what was talked about, here is what is basically said:

- The extra content and missions are obviously free.

- The game will be digital only when it`s released in December. Still $60.

- The game will be released in bits and pieces throughout 2016.

- No disc release until the game is "done".

Which in English language translates into we're charging you 60 bucks for an early access game digitally, and we're calling finishing the game "Free dlc".

I'm sure someone will say "well you can just wait till retail"...that's really not the point. It's a triple A pub/dev making an early access game, **** that shit.

That's taking what he said very liberal.

But I can't blame you for mistrusting gaming companies or mistrusting Square Enix. It's strange how I'm 'defending' this but I hate SE for signing exclusivity with Tomb Raider...

Still, I want to give IO the benefit of the doubt. No reason why they can't have a spectucular content-filled game on launch and then add some content and missions (seriously how hard is it to create a 48 hour contract if all the base work is there) post launch. Other games are doing it.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Blood Money was the only Hitman installment I enjoyed. This one seems to hang around the same ballpark, looking forward to playing it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Ahem assuming you're feeling lazy and don't want to sit through what was talked about, here is what is basically said:

- The extra content and missions are obviously free.

- The game will be digital only when it`s released in December. Still $60.

- The game will be released in bits and pieces throughout 2016.

- No disc release until the game is "done".

Which in English language translates into we're charging you 60 bucks for an early access game digitally, and we're calling finishing the game "Free dlc".

I'm sure someone will say "well you can just wait till retail"...that's really not the point. It's a triple A pub/dev making an early access game, **** that shit.

That's taking what he said very liberal.

But I can't blame you for mistrusting gaming companies or mistrusting Square Enix. It's strange how I'm 'defending' this but I hate SE for signing exclusivity with Tomb Raider...

Still, I want to give IO the benefit of the doubt. No reason why they can't have a spectucular content-filled game on launch and then add some content and missions (seriously how hard is it to create a 48 hour contract if all the base work is there) post launch. Other games are doing it.

We're not making a disc version until it's done, I'm not being liberal, I'm calling a spade a spade.

They are releasing an early access game, told people we are providing a service with free dlc, but really they are finishing the game you will have already paid for when you pay 60 bucks for the digital version in December. Because that's how early access works

They get no benefit of the doubt, because they haven't earned it in any capacity. Signing exclusivity is whatever, accepting money and doing business. Early access games? **** that shit.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Splatoon is actually an example of DLC done right. Lots of support post launch and for free.

And yes, I have the same doubts. But frankly we don't know yet how much content is going to be in the game day one.

If it's pathetically low, than yeah, we could see it coming. But if it turns out to be a game with a lot of content on launch and more post release, than that would be sweet.

Witcher 3 was a game with loads of content on launch and lots more free stuff coming out after launch, so why can't other games ?

The exact opposite. There's nothing special about Splatoon's way of delivering content. The game is so content-light to begin with. I bought it day one, and if any other developer pulled this shit off, they'd be slammed. Splatoon released as an incomplete product, and Nintendo decided to give away the other parts throughout the months. Splatoon doesn't have a DLC plan. It's Nintendo shipping out the rest of the game to make it look like they're giving free DLC. They're not. They're shipping the rest of the game.

And the fact that Hitman isn't even releasing as a physical copy, puts them in a worse position. The fact that AAA developers are shoving EA types of business models into their franchises is disgusting, and I'm surprised people are so easy to sway with it, because they're not giving free DLC. They're shipping the rest of the game. It's a good way of making people think you're pulling any DLC/Season Pas stuff. You get a game that isn't finished. It's gross.

And regarding TW3, that game has loads of content to start with. It's not comparable to the likes of Splatoon, which was sitting at pathetic state content-wise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

The exact opposite. There's nothing special about Splatoon's way of delivering content. The game is so content-light to begin with. I bought it day one, and if any other developer pulled this shit off, they'd be slammed. Splatoon released as an incomplete product, and Nintendo decided to give away the other parts throughout the months. Splatoon doesn't have a DLC plan. It's Nintendo shipping out the rest of the game to make it look like they're giving free DLC. They're not. They're shipping the rest of the game.

And the fact that Hitman isn't even releasing as a physical copy, puts them in a worse position. The fact that AAA developers are shoving EA types of business models into their franchises is disgusting, and I'm surprised people are so easy to sway with it, because they're not giving free DLC. They're shipping the rest of the game. It's a good way of making people think you're pulling any DLC/Season Pas stuff. You get a game that isn't finished. It's gross.

And regarding TW3, that game has loads of content to start with. It's not comparable to the likes of Splatoon, which was sitting at pathetic state content-wise.

Ok, I can't actually speak in Splatoon's behalve, I haven't bought it or played it. I just thought it sounded cool that they did DLC that way. Nintendo seems to do DLC right most of the time.

(Also isn't Splatoon 40 euro ? that cuts it some slack compared to 60 euro games)

And the witcher 3 is not a sole example, luckily. But a lot of games these days do try to ship light and cover it up with insane DLC prices (SW Battlefront is a key example for me). Yes, this type of behaviour should NOT be accepted by gamers.

But the fact is, Hitman hasn't come out with half its content missing. I wanna see what they do with it. The idea behind the whole game sounds good. Will a thirst for money kill a good idea and try to sell us half a game for full price ? Too early to tell.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Ok, I can't actually speak in Splatoon's behalve, I haven't bought it or played it. I just thought it sounded cool that they did DLC that way. Nintendo seems to do DLC right most of the time.

(Also isn't Splatoon 40 euro ? that cuts it some slack compared to 60 euro games)

And the witcher 3 is not a sole example, luckily. But a lot of games these days do try to ship light and cover it up with insane DLC prices (SW Battlefront is a key example for me). Yes, this type of behaviour should NOT be accepted by gamers.

But the fact is, Hitman hasn't come out with half its content missing. I wanna see what they do with it. The idea behind the whole game sounds good. Will a thirst for money kill a good idea and try to sell us half a game for full price ? Too early to tell.

Mind you, it's only 40 in Europe. America and other regions are paying a full 60 dollars.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about Battlefront 3, but the way they want on about the new Hitman, and how the physical copy will be available once they've put in their DLC, makes me skeptical. It's easy to dissuade people into thinking they're giving away free DLC. They're not. They're shoving content in a game that is severely missing it to being with.

Splatoon pulled the same shit. And I'm not gonna get this until a (finished) physical copy is available.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Mind you, it's only 40 in Europe. America and other regions are paying a full 60 dollars.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about Battlefront 3, but the way they want on about the new Hitman, and how the physical copy will be available once they've put in their DLC, makes me skeptical. It's easy to dissuade people into thinking they're giving away free DLC. They're not. They're shoving content in a game that is severely missing it to being with.

Splatoon pulled the same shit. And I'm not gonna get this until a (finished) physical copy is available.

Why is Nintendo so generous with Europe ? I always remember buying Nintendo games for quite high prices, which never went down. Now I'm buying 3DS and WiiU games for pretty cheap.

Yes, the disc situation is pretty remarkable. I mean, there really is no reason at all not to release the disc along side the digital version and release content along the way...

Why are you so angry at splatoon ? What is in the game and what do you feel is missing for a game of that price?

Can't say I've really looked into it, but it always seemed like a fun MP shooter with basic singleplayer. I was going to get it but I really don't have any time for another online game at the moment. But damn, that squid and kid mechanic looks pretty unique ^^

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Why is Nintendo so generous with Europe ? I always remember buying Nintendo games for quite high prices, which never went down. Now I'm buying 3DS and WiiU games for pretty cheap.

Yes, the disc situation is pretty remarkable. I mean, there really is no reason at all not to release the disc along side the digital version and release content along the way...

Why are you so angry at splatoon ? What is in the game and what do you feel is missing for a game of that price?

Can't say I've really looked into it, but it always seemed like a fun MP shooter with basic singleplayer. I was going to get it but I really don't have any time for another online game at the moment. But damn, that squid and kid mechanic looks pretty unique ^^

Yeah, Nintendo is not good with NA. They've been screwing them over so hard.

The fact that it(multiplayer focused) released with 4 maps and 2 game modes. I haven't come across a game that had so little to offer to the price if was going for in ages. And Nintendo is adding to it, no doubt, but it's not something we should celebrate. It's on-disc stuff that Nintendo decides to send out whenever they want.

The singleplayer if that game is good. I thought it was gonna be really lame, but it's legit. I paid 20 euros for it, and for that single player alone, I'm fine with it, but for people that had to pay 60? That's a tough sell.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

You can't pick maps

You can't team up with your friends (in fact you and your friend can go 6 straight matches and not be on the same team)

You can't do ranked battle with your friends

It launched with 1 game mode, 2 now that it has a ranked mode which it didn't launch with

It's still only 5 or 6 maps (which is well below the average of a modern multiplayer shooter. EA's DLC heavy shooters launch with more content)

Do not let the quality of the game overrule the shit move by Nintendo, LTO is right, it was every bit an early access game where they charged you money in May, and then told you we are giving you free shit, which really should have been we're finishing the game in August, but we'll charge you now. Fucking Squid Jump got more content than the multiplayer. Oh and dlc that is tied to the fucking amiibo, what bullshit.

Hitman had a fantastic model as far as pricing was concerned, it was always a proper 50 dollar/60 dollar game. All its content right there. The new one is as plain as day, no apology, no excuse, no wait till we see all it is bullshit necessary. The digital version is an early access game, while the retail version will be when the game is finished, done.

"Oh but they are adding new missions"

I'm sorry how many times is side shit in video games some lame, repetitive, reusing older areas bullshit before people read through that bullshit? More importantly, it's a triple A publisher and developer. People who have the resources, brand name, and market presence to not need early access. Even Witcher 3, it does a great job providing context for its side stuff, but what you end up doing ends up being a lot of routine shit. That's not the same as the Mardi Gras level or the Church in Hitman.

More importantly "wait till we see more" that's what the **** E3 is for, show me shit. It's a triple A publisher (Square Enix) and triple A dev (Eidos and IO Interactive) who really have no business making early access games in the first place. Early Access is for like self publishing studios that are trying to find a way to fund their game while finishing it. I think it's shitty then too, but I can at least understand. Square? Hitman? With those resources and their market presence? get the **** out of here.

There isn't too early to tell, his exact words were the disc version will be out when it's done. You don't get more definitive than that. Thus they'll get my money when it's done. Also if it's actually good, and not boring as shit like Absolution.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By freedomfreak

@jg4xchamp: >mardi gras level

Ridiculously good.

But yeah, for them to be pulling the same shit as a small studio trying to gain some traction on Steam is wrong. I'm not into it, and I hope more people won't follow suit.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#71 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@KHAndAnime said:

tell that to bioware. im still waiting for my dragon age origins sequel

Last good Bioware RPG. I like Mass Effect series and all that but not as RPGs... I hate DA 2 and DA:I was outclassed by Divinity. Bioware is hit or miss these days. If you liked Origins, you should check out Sword Coasts Legends. Will release on PC first in September and few months later on Consoles. Directed by DA:O's director.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@lawlessx said:
@happyduds77 said:

but the trial and error is the best part of the series..IMO anyway.

would spend hours doing one mission

Was about to say the same thing.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#73 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

More leaked videos.

http://ps4daily.com/2015/07/hitman-alpha-gameplay-leaks-videos/

https://d1wst0behutosd.cloudfront.net/videos/3367361-8005790.mp4?Expires=1436862675&Signature=grF6CEL7qVEXytgfAjlZ7WasFdGIeirIQ3mcV9qx1IVg1x-cylnEmYfGrpD8lrd08T8VZTebs1cWMIAO-iQs642TLXEPn6BbvyhrW2g7zpcL18cA9a7qGIcOhNGRzatukDPt-NLglXX~eu0axMwWlzjwNQQdETHGyW0ojnPz7gVMFyO3o9S2GJpXNGVd4iklOiG94K8PEwCowUJWz0YXHtISnvRtPAqx31RVPhqnBLa7ChWK7AWPCJ5IBEAEovPJb2dYv~pTglSxdnZ8x6WJGLdVgzFctmAMtZ0TfSBELkmHOZOAYV2LZddQByBhozDQLIGCDBLx9VKGEmwnMG9B1A__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJJ6WELAPEP47UKWQ