Never underestimate unawareness of casuals

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I think this is the major factor in PS4 stellar sales in spite of a lot less than stellar lineup or overall promise of the console. I strongly believe most of people who bought it, still believed in draconian DRM policies of Xbone, the always online mandatory stuff and in mythologies regarding alleged MASSIVE edge in graphics which was already debunked to a large extent in the form of some perks in BF4 performance on Bone or NFS Rivals being basically equal. I know people who only learned this month about the MS DRM stuff. This is how backwards casual gamers are. I've still seen misconceptions about Bone and mythologies about PS4 last month. Most people aren't like us, System Warriors. Those people aren't even aware there won't be anything jaw-dropping on each console for a long time (maybe Titanfall being first such thing). Those people even don't know games such as Metro: Last Light exist and I experienced it fist hand. Of course the evidence I used is anecdotal at best but its scope was vast, it included my own country, Poland - real life and internet forums / websites from different countries. Anyway, what hurts me the most is not PS4 success because I want all console makers to be successful and provide lush backdrop of gaming diversity for games to explore BUT THE FACT SONY ONCE AGAIN GOT AWAY WITH THEIR BRAINWASHING MYTHOLOGY. All companies have their faults but this is the very worst flaw I can think of and neither Ninty nor MS exhibit such behavior, all the wrong things they did notwithstanding.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

$400 is less than $500.

That is the biggest factor.

Why would I pay an extra $100 for weaker hardware and kinect which i will rarely use? Most casual gamers care about playing GTA,Fifa,Madden,COD, Assassins creed and the odd exclusive. You can get that on PS4

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Being $100 cheaper and 50% more powerful has alot to do with it too. M$ has to convince people that their system is worth the extra money not the other way around.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

$100 has the most to do with the PS4 being the choice of gamers! The vast majority of people who play video games don't frequent sites like this so they only go buy what they see and hear from a retail associate at a big box store or some place like Gamestop! Those gamers also mostly play games like CoD, BF4, Madden, NBA 2K14 and whatnot. Why pay $100 more to play the same games? MS needs to drop the price of the X1 sooner than later or they will lag behind for the bulk of this generation!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think this is the major factor in PS4 stellar sales in spite of a lot less than stellar lineup or overall promise of the console. I strongly believe most of people who bought it, still believed in draconian DRM policies of Xbone, the always online mandatory stuff and in mythologies regarding alleged MASSIVE edge in graphics which was already debunked to a large extent in the form of some perks in BF4 performance on Bone or NFS Rivals being basically equal. I know people who only learned this month about the MS DRM stuff. This is how backwards casual gamers are. I've still seen misconceptions about Bone and mythologies about PS4 last month. Most people aren't like us, System Warriors. Those people aren't even aware there won't be anything jaw-dropping on each console for a long time (maybe Titanfall being first such thing). Those people even don't know games such as Metro: Last Light exist and I experienced it fist hand. Of course the evidence I used is anecdotal at best but its scope was vast, it included my own country, Poland - real life and internet forums / websites from different countries. Anyway, what hurts me the most is not PS4 success because I want all console makers to be successful and provide lush backdrop of gaming diversity for games to explore BUT THE FACT SONY ONCE AGAIN GOT AWAY WITH THEIR BRAINWASHING MYTHOLOGY. All companies have their faults but this is the very worst flaw I can think of and neither Ninty nor MS exhibit such behavior, all the wrong things they did notwithstanding.

lol, wut? Brainwashing Mythology? Get off your high horse man.

Dude, it's 100% Microsoft's fault for not trying to get better messaging out there about THERE OWN product. For months, gamers online kept trying nudge Microsoft to give clear & direct responses about many of the rumors going on with Xbone, and all Microsoft did was give vague ass answers & crappy PR. "We are listening" ( -major Nelson). No they weren't. Honestly, you come off as sounding really bitter, it's not Sony's fault that Microsoft has messaging problems. Till this very day, they still cannot clearly say why their product is worth $100 more than the competition. All you can do is blame the salesman (Microsoft) for not explaining their product better. All you have to do, is go back and look at how Sony handled questions about there issues & consumer concerns, vs how Microsoft handled there's, it was almost a night & day difference...

And why the wild assumption that casuals are flocking towards PS4. If I were to base my speculation from what I see here in Georgia, there are more casuals buying the Xbox One suprisingly becuase it has more "Wow" factor as far the voice command/ Snapping/TV features.... just sayin..

Tbh, they are doing quite fine in sales, so why are you bitching? Fanboys these days... smdh

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries

I'm not a fanboy, I own products by Nintendo, Sega and used to have Sony products as well. Smh.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I'm not a fanboy, I own products by Nintendo, Sega and used to have Sony products as well. Smh.

I always laugh when people say this

Owning all the products does not eliminate bias. It's why the whole manticore stuff around here is laughable too

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Owning all the products does not eliminate bias. It's why the whole manticore stuff around here is laughable too

Reminds me of blackace and TheGame21x.

To Op: Brainwashing? Wut?

This is no PS3 era when in fact that happened. This time Sony has barely opened their mouth.

No stupid PR, no stupid price, no stupid Cell, no stupid overhyping. Just deal with it. Withh 100$ less you get a better hardware. Software is subjective, but my money is on Sony side due the past console supports. Oh, and this time multiplats story will be different.

If you want to blame someone, blame MS and Nintendo for the multiple mistakes they have done this time.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
@Giancar said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Reminds me of blackace and TheGame21x.

To Op: Brainwashing? Wut?

This is no PS3 era when in fact that happened. This time Sony has barely opened their mouth.

No stupid PR, no stupid price, no stupid Cell, no stupid overhyping. Just deal with it. Withh 100$ less you get a better hardware. Software is subjective, but my money is on Sony side due the past console supports. Oh, and this time multiplats story will be different.

If you want to blame someone, blame MS and Nintendo for the multiple mistakes they have done this time.

Yeah, I don't know wtf OP is on about to be honest.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

what a dumb, misleading thread.

SW, in a nutshell.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries

Because it isn't as straightforward as objective in Call of Duty? Oh please. I should've constructed this thread dedicating it solely to Sony's amazing knack at creating mythologies because now people have hard time of making out anything of it. Funny coz in the thread about The Evil Within, I dismantled the discussion with facts and no one bothered to reply. What a sad place this is. But what should I expect when people think in memes?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

$400 is less than $500.

That is the biggest factor.

Why would I pay an extra $100 for weaker hardware and kinect which i will rarely use? Most casual gamers care about playing GTA,Fifa,Madden,COD, Assassins creed and the odd exclusive. You can get that on PS4

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I agree with some parts of your post OP such as the casuals not doing their research, but it wasn't Sony doing the brain washing, it was Microsoft's gigantic F-up at E3 that caught the attention of the casual media. Those same media outlets that reported the X1's extensive DRM policies probably didn't post about the reversals. Thus, the casuals that read those sites or editorials never got updated.

You tac on the $100 price difference and the fact that Sony finally learned their lesson and have been marketing the hell out of the PS4, and there is the reason why casuals are buying PS4 instead of X1.

Don't blame anyone but Microsoft for the X1 not selling like you believe it should because it was their series of F-ups that caused the system to have its difficult launch. Frankly, it's not even doing that bad.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

It's the 100 dollars difference that's why the PS4 is selling better, casual don't know or cares about who has a bit more raw power.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#16 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

casuals who dont check gamesites dont know about or care about specs, what they see is price. And of course the games

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Being $100 cheaper and 50% more powerful has alot to do with it too. M$ has to convince people that their system is worth the extra money not the other way around.

Most casual gamers don't have a clue about what's in the systems. All they see are the games. The price is really the only major factor against the XB1 right now. The PS4 is 50% more powerful on paper, but no where close to that when it comes to the games. XB1 games resolution and performance will increase with the 2nd and 3rd batch of released titles next year. Every game on the PS4 & XB1 are either 1080P native or 1080P upscaled.