ND won't push UC4 to 60fps if it compromises experience

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#152 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

@Heirren: The actual problem came from ND saying it was all "in game engine". When you say shit like that and then can't deliver, well you look stupid. They made PS fanboys scream "only ps4 can do 1080p/60fps because of the POWER"...

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charomid:

And who is to say that is wasn't? Something people seem to not understand is the amount of detail even allowed in 1080p at the playable distance Uncharted takes on. That close up detail, even with the highest of high end pcs would not even be visible in gameplay. I'm not saying a powerful pc game couldn't look better, just that people make this assumption that somehow an impossible level of detail can be seen by the player at all times.

Time will tell and the bottom line is that I think Naughty Dog will deliver on most levels--even now I think people are selling the visuals short basing their judgement on a compressed video. Even the slightest of compression makes finer detail appear somewhat blurred.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Meaning that they wont push for 60 if it compromises the graphics to a degree that they feel would be to much.

Great.. Another generation where big budget developers put a lesser emphasis on gameplay experience (60 = much lower input lag and better response time, not to mention much better visual fluidity) and more on the visual experience. **** you.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Lmao... they were NEVER going to hit 60fps at the quality of the launch trailer anyway.

Only dumb ass cows believed it..

The gameplay reveal looked downgraded to shit and didn't run at any where close to fps..

Dumb ass cows owned again

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Heirren said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems so butthurt about UC4 they have to make another topic about it with a lie-filled title.

Tragic.

On the contrary. We are exposing more bullshit an blanketing the area. People need to be aware of this. ND made the E3 promise just to have little fanboys cream themselves and now they cant deliver. I might go start another thread right now.

I don't think they outright said it would be 60. I think they said 60 was the target. What likely happened was that people complained about the gameplay demo visuals, in comparison to the e3 reveal(cutscene), and they likely are just going to iron out the game how it is now until it is 60 fps. On the contrary perhaps they wanted to push the visual boundary a bit more and lock it at 30.

Oh please. Stop this targeting bullshit. After the reveal ND devs were tweeting how its the minimum quality and they are aiming for even higher. Look up system wars many of your cow brethern has posted the same tweet. LOL targeting 60 after outright lying about it.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Heirren said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems so butthurt about UC4 they have to make another topic about it with a lie-filled title.

Tragic.

On the contrary. We are exposing more bullshit an blanketing the area. People need to be aware of this. ND made the E3 promise just to have little fanboys cream themselves and now they cant deliver. I might go start another thread right now.

I don't think they outright said it would be 60. I think they said 60 was the target. What likely happened was that people complained about the gameplay demo visuals, in comparison to the e3 reveal(cutscene), and they likely are just going to iron out the game how it is now until it is 60 fps. On the contrary perhaps they wanted to push the visual boundary a bit more and lock it at 30.

Oh please. Stop this targeting bullshit. After the reveal ND devs were tweeting how its the minimum quality and they are aiming for even higher. Look up system wars many of your cow brethern has posted the same tweet. LOL targeting 60 after outright lying about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Sacrifice what? the game only looks "above average" as it is lol.

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

By making this announcement I think its them saying and trying not to look like tools in the process that it isn't going to be 60fps, Was probably never the target and just sony feel good propaganda but we will never know. (not unless you work at ND)

I am sure 30fps will be fine for this kind of game. Even if cows want locked 60fps I don't think they are getting it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Crystal Dynamics Rise of the Tomb Raider will show this crew how to get higher FPS on these new consoles

its over sony your finished, naughy dog the doors right over there

next time don't hire some scrub crew to take on a unstoppable gaming company who designed some of sexiest beasts ever like tomb raider (2013) god damn that game looked sick on pc it blew unchartered outa the water

i bet rise topples this uncharted crpa all over the place an ppl will be begging tro play as lara

i can see ps4 owners drooling at lara's sexy ass graphics an being like omg why i have to play this 24 fps crappy game when xb1gets taht im so mad an bad i bought the wrong console dang me

That Xbox 360 Crystal Dynamics Rise of the Tomb Raider game looks tight!

The Rise of TR cross gen port to Xbone better be 60fps like the last TR reboot, since it has 360 graphics.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts
@ShepardCommandr said:

Not surprising

PS4 is way too weak for that.

lol consoles

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

i.e. we can't and it was never going to happen in the first place...

First of all, it's a question of priorities. Even if the PS4 had the double performance, ND might still decide to sacrifice 60fps for the maximum possible visual fx. After all, visuals are a better marketing argument than framerates.

Furthermore, that ND may decide to compromise on framerate right now, does not imply that they will never be able to deliver 60fps. Mastering the PS4 is certainly not as easy as some say. In order to max out the PS4 hardware, developers need to deal with the following challenges (in this sequence):

1. The optimal use of the PS4's GPGPU capabilities has to be understood.
  2. The development infrastructure has to be optimized for GPGPU. This includes changed to libraries and middleware like Havok.
  3. The game developers have to figure out which tasks can be performed efficiently via GPGPU (this is partly try and error).
  4. The game developers must perform as many tasks as possible via GPGPU (this is similar effort as with the SPUs of the Cell processor).
  5. All the tasks that remain for the CPU must be distributed as efficiently as possible across the six CPU cores that are available for the game developers. This includes restructuring the main thread of current game engines.

Maximum performance will only be reached after all of these challenges have been dealt with. This is the reason, why Sony says that the maximum performance will not be reached before 2016 or even 2017.

So no, PS4 programming is not as easy as some folks say. At least not, when you want to facilitate the PS4's GPGPU capabilities. Also, GPGPU will most likely not have a negative impact on the graphics processing speed, because the PS4 has more GPU cores than the CPU can make use of without GPGPU. Already during the design of the PS4 about 20% of the GPU power has been intended for GPGPU.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lems still trying to hype up Rise of the Tomb Raider? After the reboot I'm surprised people still care about that franchise.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems still trying to hype up Rise of the Tomb Raider? After the reboot I'm surprised people still care about that franchise.

Loading Video...

This is no reboot bruh. This is real. You know you want it. Roll it Phil.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

This is no reboot bruh. This is real. You know you want it. Roll it Phil.

Yes, I am aware the -sequel- to the reboot is real. It was also multiplat at the time that trailer was announced.

But hey, dem deep pockets getting a six month rental of Squeenix's worst Western franchise. I am envious.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#166 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I'm not shocked it won't hit 60 fps. Sony's focus is on resolution and graphics and it should probably stay there. A high fps is a hallmark of quality gameplay and should probably stay there.