ND won't push UC4 to 60fps if it compromises experience

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

They should at the very least try and get the multiplayer at 60 FPS

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

Neither am I..... I'm just not delusional and gullible as se people.... forgiving me for not believing in bullshit....

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Heirren said:

I agree that 30 can be fine. It is how the developer handles the controls in relation to the framerate. I often bring up Twisted Metal in this respect. However 60 fps is far from a marketing gimmick. Uncharted 1-3 do play great, but I bet if you were to play it at 60fps you'd notice a bit of "looseness" to the way the right analog stick handles the game at 30fps.

fair enough

@slimdogmilionar said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

awesome. people really need to stop pretending like 60fps is even a thing 'bu-bu-bu its more fluid!!!' its the same shit

and i rather have a really good looking 30fps game than something that looks like halo 5

So now 60fps doesn't matter, funny how cows change their stance as soon as Sony says something different. I fail to see how 30 fps is the same as 60fps, please explain.

Have you played Halo 5? I play almost everyday since the beta launched, so I don't really understand what you mean by something that looks like Halo 5. The game is pretty much solid, some dips but they are so rare that you don't really mind considering it's a beta.

I don't understand how when Sony pulls a 180 on something they said the logical answer is to bash an xbox game, instead of holding Sony accountable. So what will the excuse be if Halo releases at 1080/60fps.

''So now 60fps doesn't matter'' find me a post where i said a game needs to be 60fps. it doesnt matter to me no because i dont feel the difference anyway

yeah ive played h5, i was referring to its graphics rather the framerate. and no way in hell is h5 gona be 1080p, 900p max.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#55 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Lol, they are not even sure about PS4 Exclusive? The visuals that we saw during gameplay footage were impressive considering they planned to provide constant 60fps experience, on top of it, on release. Now, I'm not so sure.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@Heirren said:

It is sad they even have to say things like this. I'd take 60fps with a slight visual markdown anyday, but the bulk of gamers just whine and complain about everything.

Why do people automatically assume that it's only the graphical fidelity that impacts frame rate?

The level design is more open and vertical this time around, the AI is a bit more complex and there are numbers of incredibly detailed animations, I would rather have all that than a higher frame rate, personally.

I still think their statement is a PR bullshit, it's a nice way of saying PS4 has a shitty hardware and isn't powerful enough but I guess you can't say that when you're trying to sell a game for the system.

Edit: lol at people saying the difference between 60fps and 30fps is negligible. I love Uncharted dearly but c'mon

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

whatever the naughty gods think its best...

UC4 future game of the generation HYPE!!!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Sorry I don't track people's post but you do like to bash Xbox. If this were Halo or any other Xbox game cows would be going all in. Halo 5 is smooth for a beta rarely any dips, I don't know if it will be 1080p or not but so far 343 has not backtracked on the fact that they are aiming for 1080p, they said they went with 720p because the beta was all about gameplay, everything else like resolution will be optimized once they get the gameplay where they want it.

It may not be 1080p but it's not impossible considering how much the Xbox has improved over it's first year, it went from a 720p console to a 1080p console.

If you read the Eurogamer article on the evolution of the xbox one you can see where and how this happened.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

What pessmistic attitude ? I'm sorry I can't be excited about graphics as you are but that doesn't make me pessimist.... a whiny bitch maybe but definitely not a pessmist...

There really is nothing to be excited about.... the evidence suggests we will be getting the same thing we got last only bigger and sharper.....

You know what does have me Excited...... The Phantom Pain.... :p

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

hint/promise 60fp then confirm its 30fps, now all we need is the inevitable delay and the Sony way will be complete.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

As much as i love ND i gotta admit that's a pretty lame excuse...i mean Uncharted would be great at 60fps because fluency matters in this game...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The cinematic 30fps feel!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Well, so much for Naughty Dog being able to deliver a 1080p60 experience on PS4.

The very idea that the game isn't at 60fps "compromises the experience".

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

When you're a top 5 GOAT creator multiple time like ND, we trust them to give us the best possible experience.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

It already looks downgraded at 30FPS, I'd hate to see what it would look like running @60FPS

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They pick graphic fidelity over framerate. Kind of figured that.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@TheEroica: well, can't blame you for feeling this way, but I felt the game is kinda fresher than U3, adding some parkour moves sounds so cool though, we'll, the game isn't finished yet, let's hope for the best.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Cheleman said:

whatever the naughty gods think its best...

UC4 future game of the generation HYPE!!!

Praise Godny

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Games were more fun in the past, I have to admit.

Because you were younger.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

i.e. we can't and it was never going to happen in the first place...

They still can't achieve 60fps on the PS4 in an open world it seems. Sure it's running over 30fps right now, but obviously it's not running smoothly or they wouldn't have locked it at 30fps for the demo. When you're demoing a game you don't want hiccups or freezing, that's for sure. The game still looks great even at 30fps so I'm fine with it.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

What a shit attitude, 60FPS is part of the experience as it flows better especially if there are lots of things moving on the screen at once. I would pick animation quality over visual fidelity, most of the people nit picking stuff on graphics always have to use screenshots as a comparison and that tells you something.

Oh Ryse is the best quality graphics ever on console, yeah but it's at 20FPS **** that slideshow.

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

This sounds like less of an "artistic" or "cinematic" choice, and more like "We can't get the game to run anywhere near 60fps, so we'd rather have it locked at 30fps than have a variable framerate."

Would rather have them drop the visuals to get a higher framerate, though playing on a controller at 30fps is bearable.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ten_Pints
@AndyAlfredo said:

This sounds like less of an "artistic" or "cinematic" choice, and more like "We can't get the game to run anywhere near 60fps, so we'd rather have it locked at 30fps than have a variable framerate."

Would rather have them drop the visuals to get a higher framerate, though playing on a controller at 30fps is bearable.

If it was a choice between variable frame rate and 30 I would pick 30 unless the frame rate only dipped in rare occasions to 50FPS or something. But it's not like this game is a multiplat or from a third party developer, naughty dog needs to get their priorities straight.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cloud_imperium

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

People still play old games though and still love them. Some games still have more solid gameplay mechanics than new games.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Heirren said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

awesome. people really need to stop pretending like 60fps is even a thing 'bu-bu-bu its more fluid!!!' its the same shit

and i rather have a really good looking 30fps game than something that looks like halo 5

I guess you'd like to play at 5 frame per second too since you can't tell frame rate apart.

yes because the difference of 30-60 is the same as 5-30 lmao what a horrible comparison

there is no damn difference between 30-60, its a marketing gimmick

There is a difference, though. 60 frames is native to the display.

i dont notice it. all uc games last gen were 30fps and felt fluid as hell as did gears of war. i played titanfall on my pc at 30fps and now playing it at 60fps on x1 and dont notice any difference. all the halo games feel just the same to me in 60fps as they did in 30fps.

what bothers me is when people act like 30fps is unplayble all of a sudden

Just loving your DC and how you are making up shit after riding the Naughty Duds train. LOL Keep entertaining us.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ten_Pints

To be honest 30FPS didn't bother me at 720p, but at 1080p it looks stuttery as shit on a big screen.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

Damn, cows are such tools LOL.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 parkurtommo

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

People still play old games though and still love them. Some games still have more solid gameplay mechanics than new games.

Ehh, they're just simpler, that's all. Less can go wrong.

As someone who's still "young" I'm fairly limited when it comes to older games like pre-2000. I'd say the oldest game that I can fully grasp and enjoy a lot is Wind Waker, anything before that tends to be boring.

Aside from Mario or zelda, they are so simple that anyone can enjoy them.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ten_Pints

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

As someone who's still "young" I'm fairly limited when it comes to older games like pre-2000. I'd say the oldest game that I can fully grasp and enjoy a lot is Wind Waker, anything before that tends to be boring.

Play the original "UFO" / "XCOM" that game is still yet to be matched, openxcom makes the game a lot better. There is an android port too :).

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@zeeshanhaider:

Input lag is the most important.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I honestly don't care anymore about this sort of stuff. I used to a few years back for the sake of "teh ownage" but I've come to realize that if the game is fun then that is all that matters. If 30 FPS is all they can have so their game runs to their liking then by all means go right ahead.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 parkurtommo

@ten_pints said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Play the original "UFO" / "XCOM" that game is still yet to be matched, openxcom makes the game a lot better. There is an android port too :).

If it's at all similiar to the new xcom then I won't like it. Can't get in to most turn based games...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Then you've different preferences. IMO, new games a lot more simpler when it comes to gameplay mechanics. Characters, marketing and graphics are what make new games famous. Not gameplay mechanics.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

back peddling...sorry cows but it seems nd isnt going 60fps on uc4

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ten_pints said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@2mrw said:

@SolidGame_basic:

I think you're an OK guy.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Sony always lies about graphics prior to their games releasing.

Anyone with any sense knew this game wouldn't hit 60fps.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

It'll still look better than anything on Xbone and according to steam stats 99% of PC's.

Playstation pimps will be playing Bloodborn and this masterpiece while Xbro's and Neckbeards (aka Microsoft nuthuggers) will be playing Ryse and World of Warcraft- LMFAO!

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

who knew?

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

As long as the game is fun as hell to play like all the other entries then IDC what the framerate the game ultimately runs at, as long as its a stable 30 then it will be fine.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

Lol...From the announcement trailer to the gameplay footage to this,keep the downgrades coming.I cant believe how Cows keep falling for Sony hype every time.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I'll just wait for Uncharted 4: Remastered on PS5.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

i.e. we can't and it was never going to happen in the first place...

There you have it folks.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Called it. Its funny how Cows revert back to "Graphics don't matter" and "30FPS is fine" etc when their Sony masters tell them to.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'd be ok with an unlocked framerate something between 30-60. Games this gen like second son have shown it works given console limitations.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This is ancient. Some of you argue like this is new. Isn't that boring?

This reminds me way back in the Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube/Xbox 1 era and even before then.

Gamers look at the back of the box and buy games. Publishers know this. The mentality of fidelity over frame-rate will always be there in the future and past. They took aim and opted against the benefits.

SW does it too. The internet does it. We post picture after picture of still frames of upcoming and future games. Those pictures don't tell us the framerate, nope. Yet, they are arguing points all the same. It's about graphics fidelity and setting as high a bar they can with limited static hardware. It's going to be about graphics fidelity for a long, long time.

Insomniac spoke on the matter years back when they were pumping about R&C games at 60fps and their peers were getting praise for graphics for games at 30fps. Insomniac eventually acquiesced because the market forced their hand. This is an old song and those of us that have been around should know this dance by now.

It would be nice at 60fps and they could do it, but they aren't willing too...partially because the entire gaming industry is the way it is (framerate a second thought) and graphics trump frame-rate for the casuals. How many times do you hear people defend a game's graphics with but it's a locked 60fps VS. how many times do you hear people argue about which game has the bestest graphics? We all know the answer. People want the bestest graphics....and then later wish those bestest graphics were ALSO 60fps on consoles. The people that want higher frame rate are the minority. It's static hardware. Not many developers are willing to SACRIFICE visuals for a framerate boost. No matter HOW STRONG the hardware, that is always the equation on the table.

The PS5 and Xbtwo will also have developers juggling graphics over framerate. Don't expect most to have both next gen, because there are always going to be people that can push the hardware harder if they sacrifice the 60fos fir 30fps and make the pictures pretty. Devs are going to want the prettiest games, and publishers want that too because the majority of gamers notice that and look at the pretty pictures on the back of a gaming box at the store, online, or in magazines.

We will see the most 60fps this generation with indie games and last generation cross gen ports (Destiny, TLOU, Rise of the Tomb Raider, etc). Just like every gen, the devs use the extra horsepower on their old games. However, upcoming AAA games it's like watching a race on who can make the best looking games and the majority of publishers and developers are NOT going to Handicap themselves to 60fps on console when their peers are pumping out gorgeous visuals (and winning awards) at 30fps on consoles.

I said this way back in 2005 man and again last gen in 2008ish...the console developers are going to opt for a stable 30fps for as many games as possible whilst pushing graphics hard. It's the same deal and people are acting like it's not.

My post is not about PC. It's about console static hardware.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Naughty Dog shouldn't had talk about 60 FPS unless they were 100% certain that Uncharted 4 will have have 60 FPS. I have no problem playing a game at 30fps. I don't ever notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@SolidTy said:

We post picture after picture of still frames of upcoming and future games. Those pictures don't tell us the framerate, nope. Yet, they are arguing points all the same. It's about graphics fidelity and setting as high a bar they can with limited static hardware. It's going to be about graphics fidelity for a long, long time.

yeah. that's what's happening, its a shame because i definitely feel that 'frame rate' is a part of 'graphics', but of course you don't see that in a screenshot.

unless the fps counter's turned on, but even if it reads 240 fps - the still frame can't deliver the feel of 240 fps.

and yeah, the rachet and clank thing was interesting.

do you game past 60 fps?