NaughtyDog reveals Uncharted 2 Graphics info. Drake rendered with 80k polygons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

taken on a $50 graphics card.

Silenthps
need your mod source pls.
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
[QUOTE="djsifer01"]I thought the cell was just PR bs? looks like its powerful after all folks.Meltedweasel
The Cell isn't even as strong as the average cpu in pcs.

This. the cell gets beaten by a stock E2180 for cryin out loud also @ the other guy, YOU know nothing of CPU's, if you did you would know the cell has a pitiful memory controller that is worthy of a pentium 3, it's cores are worse than netburst architecture ones, and its multithreading is horrible
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#104 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"][QUOTE="djsifer01"]I thought the cell was just PR bs? looks like its powerful after all folks.GTR2addict
The Cell isn't even as strong as the average cpu in pcs.

This. the cell gets beaten by a stock E2180 for cryin out loud also @ the other guy, YOU know nothing of CPU's, if you did you would know the cell has a pitiful memory controller that is worthy of a pentium 3, it's cores are worse than netburst architecture ones, and its multithreading is horrible

ubt teh cel haz 8 corz and 240gflpso lololz

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Wow what a waste, Solid Snake was rendered with 5000 and looks better.
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GTR2addict

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

[QUOTE="skyform"]

Now look at this

skyform

now look at this

I know how does Crysis look like, my bro played both throught at max settings and i waatched him playing sometimes, but Uncharted 2 looks awesome, it's really sad when some people can't admit it, it really does not look that much worse then Crisys, the graphics of U2 are the closest of all games to Crysis, it's really impressive looking for a console game.

Wrong. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, World in Conflict, Cryostasis, ARMA II, all look far better than uncharted 2 and are all PC exclusives
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GTR2addict

[QUOTE="GTR2addict"][QUOTE="Meltedweasel"] The Cell isn't even as strong as the average cpu in pcs.Hanass

Raw processing power =/= useful processing power. just because it can process 240 gflops it doesn't mean it does. also, my puny radeon HD 4850 alone processes over 650 gflops, and the new 5870 is well over 1.4 teraflops
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
[QUOTE="skyform"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

now look at this

GTR2addict

I know how does Crysis look like, my bro played both throught at max settings and i waatched him playing sometimes, but Uncharted 2 looks awesome, it's really sad when some people can't admit it, it really does not look that much worse then Crisys, the graphics of U2 are the closest of all games to Crysis, it's really impressive looking for a console game.

Wrong. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, World in Conflict, Cryostasis, ARMA II, all look far better than uncharted 2 and are all PC exclusives

Stalker...maybe with the right mods. No way for the rest. I have them all but Cryostasis, and I've seen videos of that.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I do agree that Uncharted 2 looks amazing, but compared to Crysis? Well, let's just say I have about 300 screenshots I could produce that would shut any fanboy up.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="GTR2addict"] This. the cell gets beaten by a stock E2180 for cryin out loud also @ the other guy, YOU know nothing of CPU's, if you did you would know the cell has a pitiful memory controller that is worthy of a pentium 3, it's cores are worse than netburst architecture ones, and its multithreading is horribleGTR2addict

Raw processing power =/= useful processing power. just because it can process 240 gflops it doesn't mean it does. also, my puny radeon HD 4850 alone processes over 650 gflops, and the new 5870 is well over 1.4 teraflops

You suck at detecting sarcasm

Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Meltedweasel
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"][QUOTE="djsifer01"]Obviously you dont know much about processors, so i wont argue with you.OneLazyAsian

Uhhh ok? Think about it this way. The PS3 doesn't need a cpu as strong as the computer because it's not running any programs or utilities and whatnot. PCs need strong cpus because of that reason. Do you even know what a cpu is for?

Okay...do you even know what you're talking about? Just because the GPU can't keep up with the CPU doesn't mean the CPU is now officially weak. That's like saying my 2.8 GHz Quad Core is weak cause I got an 8400 GS in it. :roll:

Lol putting words in my mouth. When did I say the GPU can't keep up with the Cell? The Cell is a pitiful cpu that wouldn't even be considered in low-end pcs. The Cell is just a dumbed down cpu that's all. Maybe good for media, but in terms of raw power...get real.
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GTR2addict

[QUOTE="GTR2addict"][QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

You suck at detecting sarcasm

i know it was sarcasm, i just wanted to post some facts before anyone came with actual crap
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Only teh Cell can do that. ;)

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

[QUOTE="skyform"]

Now look at this

skyform

now look at this

It is impressive for a console, but youre wasting your time with pc fanboys, just because they spent thousands on building thier rigs they think it justifies thier looking down on everyone else, whats funny is that U2 is getting universal recognition for its graphics whilst crysis was some what over looked by the media. actually yeah it would piss me off too:evil: go on pc fanboys get these dirty console peasants!!!

renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts

[QUOTE="skyform"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

now look at this

Zaibach

It is impressive for a console, but youre wasting your time with pc fanboys, just because they spent thousands on building thier rigs they think it justifies thier looking down on everyone else, whats funny is that U2 is getting universal recognition for its graphics whilst crysis was some what over looked by the media. actually yeah it would piss me off too:evil: go on pc fanboys get these dirty console peasants!!!

Actually it does justify it. PCs are the most powerful, therefore PC users get to look down on all others. Its pretty simple really.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"] Uhhh ok? Think about it this way. The PS3 doesn't need a cpu as strong as the computer because it's not running any programs or utilities and whatnot. PCs need strong cpus because of that reason. Do you even know what a cpu is for?Meltedweasel

Okay...do you even know what you're talking about? Just because the GPU can't keep up with the CPU doesn't mean the CPU is now officially weak. That's like saying my 2.8 GHz Quad Core is weak cause I got an 8400 GS in it. :roll:

Lol putting words in my mouth. When did I say the GPU can't keep up with the Cell? The Cell is a pitiful cpu that wouldn't even be considered in low-end pcs. The Cell is just a dumbed down cpu that's all. Maybe good for media, but in terms of raw power...get real.

Isnt it interesting that the "measly Cell" and the "weaksauce 7900GT" still somehow make games that since Uncharted 1 have been beating evreyone of your Xbox 360 exclusives in graphics?

Interesting...

And i wasnt eaven that surprised by the numbers since Uncharted 2 is a very character driven game, so highly detailed characters were a must...

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Hanass

[QUOTE="skyform"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

now look at this

Zaibach

Reverse the roles in your post, and you've got the truth instead of mindless hypocritical console fanboy drivel. It's okay go keep going after Crysis, you know, but what really sucks is that you people try to blame it on PC gamers. If you need proof look no further than this thread; mindless cows bashing the PC.

"PC fanboys are looking down on you"? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry to sound a bit rude here, but is that the only thing you trolls can come with to hide your hypocrisy? 99.999999999999999999% of graphics threads are made by rabid cows (like this one) trying to compare your new PS3 exclusive to a 2 year old game. Seriously, did Crytek kill your parents when you were young?

Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Meltedweasel
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"][QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

chaplainDMK

Isnt it interesting that the "measly Cell" and the "weaksauce 7900GT" still somehow make games that since Uncharted 1 have been beating evreyone of your Xbox 360 exclusives in graphics?

Interesting...

And i wasnt eaven that surprised by the numbers since Uncharted 2 is a very character driven game, so highly detailed characters were a must...

That's not interesting. Just means the devs spent a lot of time for attention to detail. The only thing holding the 360 back is the DVD9.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

Taken directly from my PS3:

Don't get me wrong. It looks good, but if this is the best you can do with 80,000 Polys then Naughty Dog is doing something wrong.

renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
if thats what it really looks like then theres defs something wrong. the environment looks much better than the main char
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Shattered007
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

Taken directly from my PS3:

Don't get me wrong. It looks good, but if this is the best you can do with 80,000 Polys then Naughty Dog is doing something wrong.

These are multiplayer shots. ND said multiplayer was dumbed down graphically.

They are also Cinema Mode with visual tweaks and +AA.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 urdead18

Were you here when I posted these?

http://i41.tinypic.com/iblvcw.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ni4sva.png

http://i35.tinypic.com/2hftl3n.jpg

AA doesn't add polygons. Multiplayer character models have been dumbed down, these are single player ones. Which would make sense because the single player places a lot more emphasise of characters and character development while multiplayer is more action oriented.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
i'd like to see a comparison of models rendered at lets say 20k-80k and see if anyone can tell the difference.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"]

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"] Lol putting words in my mouth. When did I say the GPU can't keep up with the Cell? The Cell is a pitiful cpu that wouldn't even be considered in low-end pcs. The Cell is just a dumbed down cpu that's all. Maybe good for media, but in terms of raw power...get real. Meltedweasel

Interesting...

That's not interesting. Just means the devs spent a lot of time for attention to detail. The only thing holding the 360 back is the DVD9.

Yes actualy it is Interesting. Your comparing the PS3 to a computer from 2001. Yet that PC from 2001 somehow gets games that get universal graphics praise...

And btw, its not just the DVD9. You also dont have HDD as standard. ND said that Blu-Ray and HDD as standard is what allows them to make U2.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

awesome. How about Killzone 2's characters ?

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Shattered007
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

http://i35.tinypic.com/2hftl3n.jpg

AA doesn't add polygons. Multiplayer character models have been dumbed down, these are single player ones. Which would make sense because the single player places a lot more emphasise of characters and character development while multiplayer is more action oriented.

In game assets don't mean in-game models either. You know those models don't look like that in-game:   I'd say you're kidding yourself if you believe any of those pictures you posted were when you are actually play the game but I'd be modded for trolling for suggesting you were kidding youself.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

Shattered007

In game assets don't mean in-game models either. You know those models don't look like that in-game: I'd say you're kidding yourself if you believe any of those pictures you posted were when you are actually play the game but I'd be modded for trolling for suggesting you were kidding youself.

Those two pictures look worlds better than the ones you posted earlier.

And since the first Uncharted used the same character models in game as in cutscenes, I assumed the second would do the same.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

muscleserge

http://crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=763&sid=2db66036c8d59c0f31ae9a2e40cc50de http://downloads.guru3d.com/Real-Lifesis-Crysis-Mod-download-2253.html http://www.mycrysis.com/filebase.php?fileid=2100 I think its either mixture 2 of these or all 3. haven't changed it in a while >.>
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 urdead18
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

http://crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=763&sid=2db66036c8d59c0f31ae9a2e40cc50de http://downloads.guru3d.com/Real-Lifesis-Crysis-Mod-download-2253.html http://www.mycrysis.com/filebase.php?fileid=2100 I think its either mixture 2 of these or all 3. haven't changed it in a while >.>

What video card is it and what sort of FPS are you getting?
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Shattered007

[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="urdead18"]

urdead18

In game assets don't mean in-game models either. You know those models don't look like that in-game: I'd say you're kidding yourself if you believe any of those pictures you posted were when you are actually play the game but I'd be modded for trolling for suggesting you were kidding youself.

And since the first Uncharted used the same character models in game as in cutscenes, I assumed the second would do the same.

Yeah, theses look like 2 different games :roll:

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

That's really awesome, why does this matter though?

This way, we don't have to count them ourselves.

Dang it. I was almost finished...
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] In game assets don't mean in-game models either. You know those models don't look like that in-game: I'd say you're kidding yourself if you believe any of those pictures you posted were when you are actually play the game but I'd be modded for trolling for suggesting you were kidding youself.Shattered007

Try not to put words in my mouth.

Anyways, I gotta go.

hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
Yup, Drake looks freking incredible in terms of character design. BTW you guys should add some pics from that level before the snow level (lol), because we all know that: Extra lighting = Extra awesomeness in the awesome character design gauge.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Shattered007

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

urdead18

Anyways, I gotta go.

You right, I mean. Look at them... They looks sooooo different...

Dude Naughty Dog and Unchated 2 doesn't need this. It already a good looking game without bullshots. Why act like the game looks like those pictures you posted when you know it doesn't? We've seen demos, betas and early gameplay footage. None of them look like the pictures you posted. Now if Uncharted 2 really has 80,000 per model then somthing is wrong...or maybe they are counting the renderd models in those cut-scenes that you posted pictures of.

Either way. it doesn't look 8x better than MGS4 or 9 times better than GEoW or 6 times better than GOW3.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="skyform"]

Hanass

Reverse the roles in your post, and you've got the truth instead of mindless hypocritical console fanboy drivel. It's okay go keep going after Crysis, you know, but what really sucks is that you people try to blame it on PC gamers. If you need proof look no further than this thread; mindless cows bashing the PC.

"PC fanboys are looking down on you"? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry to sound a bit rude here, but is that the only thing you trolls can come with to hide your hypocrisy? 99.999999999999999999% of graphics threads are made by rabid cows (like this one) trying to compare your new PS3 exclusive to a 2 year old game. Seriously, did Crytek kill your parents when you were young?

That is a wonderful rant, it in no way addressess anything i said. I was addressing and agreeing with what was said in the post i was quoting I dont see how that is trolling but i guess your opinion is more important than mine. and the fact that you would spring into a knee jerk reaction of name calling shows who the real troll is.

I've been in enough real life situations to know when someone is being condescending, so have fun feeling superior with cheap shots

I've never said a bad word about crysis, my friend has a gaming pc, gave it a whirl it was awesome, i give credit where its due, it seems that some people arent capable of the same.

peace out have fun dude and God bless

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] Yeah, theses look like 2 different games :roll:

Shattered007

Anyways, I gotta go.

Dude Naughty Dog and Unchated 2 doesn't need this. It already a good looking game without bullshots. Why act like the game looks like those pictures you posted when you know it doesn't? We've seen demos, betas and early gameplay footage. None of them look like the pictures you posted. Now if Uncharted 2 really has 80,000 per model then somthing is wrong...or maybe they are counting the renderd models in those cut-scenes that you posted pictures of.

Either way. it doesn't look 8x better than MGS4 or 9 times better than GEoW or 6 times better than GOW3.

The screens I posted weren't bullshots, they were from cutscenes.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Is it me, or are their a lot of low level cows posting lately?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#139 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12392 Posts
ND has already said that the cutscenes use the exact same character models that are in gameplay. MP character models are worse than campaign.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Shattered007
[QUOTE="urdead18"][QUOTE="Shattered007"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"] Try not to put words in my mouth.

Anyways, I gotta go.

The screens I posted weren't bullshots, they were from cutscenes.

Do you agree that the cutscene=/=Gameplay?
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Hanass

[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

Real Lifesis is the best mod ever.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]It is impressive for a console, but youre wasting your time with pc fanboys, just because they spent thousands on building thier rigs they think it justifies thier looking down on everyone else, whats funny is that U2 is getting universal recognition for its graphics whilst crysis was some what over looked by the media. actually yeah it would piss me off too:evil: go on pc fanboys get these dirty console peasants!!!

Zaibach

That is a wonderful rant, it in no way addressess anything i said. I was addressing and agreeing with what was said in the post i was quoting I dont see how that is trolling but i guess your opinion is more important than mine. and the fact that you would spring into a knee jerk reaction of name calling shows who the real troll is.

I've been in enough real life situations to know when someone is being condescending, so have fun feeling superior with cheap shots

I've never said a bad word about crysis, my friend has a gaming pc, gave it a whirl it was awesome, i give credit where its due, it seems that some people arent capable of the same.

This is what I call "true arrogance". Man, I've never seen such badly hidden hypocrisy. You clearly should look in the mirror if you think that PC gamers are elitist.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

This is what I call "true arrogance". Man, I've never seen such badly hidden hypocrisy. You clearly should look in the mirror if you think that PC gamers are elitist.

Keep up the name calling, youre looking better and better (sarcasm) thus proving my point

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

Keep up the name calling, youre looking better and better (sarcasm) thus proving my point

Back at you, mate. And "arrogant" isn't an insult because it's true. But didn't you say that you weren't coming back? ("peace out, dude") I guess your ego can't take being taunted, heh? :P

hmm i guess youre right:)

youre alright hanass,

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]Keep up the name calling, youre looking better and better (sarcasm) thus proving my point

Zaibach

Back at you, mate. And "arrogant" isn't an insult because it's true. But didn't you say that you weren't coming back? ("peace out, dude") I guess your ego can't take being taunted, heh? :P

youre alright hanass,

Ok, so we're done? Good, that was underwhelming as hell.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Remember that there are two different teams that made Uncharted 2. One for MP and one for SP. They have probably lowered the polygons for the MP. Remember that in the first Uncharted they used the same character models for gameplay and cutscenes, so I doubt they have changed that in UC2.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

youre alright hanass,

Ok, so we're done? Good, that was underwhelming as hell.

What was underwhelming??, you need to be more clear

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GTR2addict

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="muscleserge"] need your mod source pls.Hanass

Real Lifesis is the best mod ever.

hell no it isn't. Slightly_Skewed's configs and ToD mods are