Name a PC game that looks better than God of War (PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

How bout Microsoft Flight Simulator?

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

There is nothing on consoles that looks as impressive as massive battles in Warhammer 2.

There is nothing on consoles that looks as impressive as massive enemy horde in They Are A Billion.

I can keep listing games what is the point. Graphics are subjective. Colorful 2d graphics of some japanese fighter may look better for someone than God of War. It's all about personal taste and preferences. For me Chrono Trigger on Snes looks more appealing than any GoW or Spiderman or what ever.

God of War is not impressive. Very small open world compared to other open world games. And set pieces are just scripted events. There is no dynamic destructibility.

So when it comes down to environmental destruction I still think Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the king.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@boxrekt said:

You need to settle down and learn how to actually post on a topic

The original post was decimated, we gave so many examples.

Please enjoy your 2nd (or was it 3rd?) place and shut the hell up. Also, maybe next gen you won't have to play the shitty looking/running version of most video games. Maybe Sony will learn.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

Please enjoy your 2nd (or was it 3rd?) place and shut the hell up. Also, maybe next gen you won't have to play the shitty looking/running version of most video games. Maybe Sony will learn.

I got the examples..

Loading Video...

Impressive.

Eragon from 2006 called and want a word about stealing their fire animations

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

We're onto the third page, and there are 4 or 5 people who agree with the TC. This thread is f*cking hilarious.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zaryia
@lundy86_4 said:

We're onto the third page, and there are 4 or 5 people who agree with the TC. This thread is f*cking hilarious.

And 3 of them are alt accounts lmao.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#107 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17916 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@BassMan: @PCgameruk: LMFAO downplaying the game because of the framerate just shows how butthurt you are because there are no games on your overpriced plastic toy that looks better than GoW ROFL.

You must really like the taste of shit because that is all I see coming out of your mouth.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

I got the examples..

DF disagrees. Full screenshots of both games disagree. GoW is topped by at the very least 10 games posted ITT.

Enjoy another 8 years of being a huge graphics whore but playing games on a console. Jesus Christ that's gotta blow the big one.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

The part that gets me? I accused GoW of having worse gameplay than a Windows computer crash and not even the people who support GoW as superior have disagreed. That tells me that everything GoW has going for it is name recognition and it's pretty.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BoxRekt
@baelnergal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

The part that gets me? I accused GoW of having worse gameplay than a Windows computer crash and not even the people who support GoW as superior have disagreed. That tells me that everything GoW has going for it is name recognition and it's pretty.

This post shows you're admitting to the fact that you haven't actually PLAYED God of war. Why would anyone debate you on it's gameplay?

No one needs to argue with you on the level of ignorance for a game that you've never touched.

Why don't you tell us all how great or terrible it is to live on planet Mars since your an expert on talking about shit you don't have any idea about, and we'll debate you on that.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts
@heirren said:

@boxrekt:

I agree about people stating 60 fps locked. I remember in the late 90s or early 00s, pc graphics were just incredibly sharp and fluid in comparison to most console games. Developers would try to bring games over, like Ghost Recon and Half Life 2, and even though the base graphics were mostly the same, the increased clarity and fluidity did look like a generational gap.

Yeah, unfortunately now PC gamers have to go as far as 4x zoomed images of blades of grass to come up with any differences in games vs their console counterparts.

The difference visually in games, especially when in motion is so small and PC gamers over exaggerate the difference to justify there overpriced and over-equipped (games won't start pushing these rigs until next gen starts) rigs.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BaelNergal
@boxrekt said:
@baelnergal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

This post shows you're admitting to the fact that you haven't actually PLAYED God of war. Why would anyone debate you on it's gameplay?

No one needs to argue with you on the level of ignorance for a game that you've never touched.

Why don't you tell us all how great or terrible it is to live on planet Mars since your an expert on talking about shit you don't have any idea about.

I notice that you're still not disagreeing with me on the gameplay.

And, yes, I did play it. I didn't like it. I found the gameplay to be, well, dull.

And given there's no plant life, easily found water, shelter, or temperatures that are comfortable to live in... plus the weather and sandstorms and lack of oxygen to breath... living on Mars right now would be torturous and short. If you attempted it and somehow managed to get there without bringing anything with you, you would die quite rapidly. Which anyone who bothers to look up basic facts about the planet and human biology would discover entirely on their own. But, then, I'm not someone who thinks that's a good example for a counter-argument, given how easily the question can be answered just by reading a couple of factsheets. Maybe try something actually relevant to the argument you're trying to make.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Brah4ever
@zaryia said:
@lundy86_4 said:

What was the last big budget PC exclusive that absolutely blew consoles away visually, highlighting the power gap?

Tell me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By lundy86_4

@brah4ever said:

What was the last big budget PC exclusive that absolutely blew consoles away visually, highlighting the power gap?

Tell me.

You should try to stipulate less arbitrary "rules."

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Zaryia
@brah4ever said:
@zaryia said:
@lundy86_4 said:

exclusive

Goal post move detected. Response ignored. PC is currently the gfx king with several titles, anything else is lunacy.

Why do you care so much about graphics but only play on consoles? That's like being a huge sports car nerd and owning a Honda Civic from birth to death. Painful.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lundy86_4

@zaryia said:
@brah4ever said:

exclusive

Goal post move detected. Response ignored. PC is currently the gfx king with several titles, anything else is lunacy.

Why do you care so much about graphics but only play on consoles? That's like being a huge sports car nerd and owning a Honda Civic from birth to death. Painful.

Oh shit... Exclusive wasn't stipulated at all in the title, nor in the OP. Well done, @brah4ever.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BaelNergal

@lundy86_4 said:
@zaryia said:
@brah4ever said:

exclusive

Oh shit... Exclusive wasn't stipulated at all in the title, nor in the OP. Well done, @brah4ever.

Nor were graphics stipulated in the title or OP. This is the second or third time he's done a goal post move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@brah4ever said:
@zaryia said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Tell me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@brah4ever:

Yes and no. Fast dispays are getting better, image quality wise. If someone is consistently player their games at 100+fps(whats the highest native?) And then see a game running at 30, its going to look a bit sluggish. Does it play sluggish? Not necessarily.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lundy86_4

@heirren said:

@brah4ever:

Yes and no. Fast dispays are getting better, image quality wise. If someone is consistently player their games at 100+fps(whats the highest native?) And then see a game running at 30, its going to look a bit sluggish. Does it play sluggish? Not necessarily.

I think we're hitting 240. I could be mistaken. My TV does 4K/60 and 1440/1080 at 120... That being said, my PC has decided to stop allowing 1440/120 for no reason, so i'm stuck at 4K/60 or 1080/120.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@baelnergal: Or that people saw you comparing a multiple game of the year winner to a windows computer crash and just skipped over the trolling post like they should have. I mean seriously, do you honestly think somebody was legit going to try and debate that with you lol? Dear god PC gamers are hitting all kinds of lows lately.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BaelNergal

@vfighter said:

@baelnergal: Or that people saw you comparing a multiple game of the year winner to a windows computer crash and just skipped over the trolling post like they should have. I mean seriously, do you honestly think somebody was legit going to try and debate that with you lol? Dear god PC gamers are hitting all kinds of lows lately.

I expected someone would call me out on it.

I note that you're talking about it, but you're still not disagreeing with the sentiment. And every time I bring it up seriously, no one on here actually disagrees; if they address the issue at all to counter it, they instead try to attack the legitimacy of me even talking on it. They don't, at any point, argue that GoW has good gameplay.

So all your reply did was add more weight to what I'm saying.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Lol living on mars.

Must have just learned about it in science class. What a slick counter.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Zaryia

The TC ITT:

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BoxRekt

@baelnergal: Geez dude no one really needs to justify GOW's gameplay. Gameplay wise it shits on most 3rd person action games this gen in terms of mechanics. Gameplay was one of the high points of the reboot.

You say the game play is bad but that's such a generic argument it sounds like baseless trolling of a fanboy talking out of ignorance or jealousy of having not played the game.

For the record I don't think you've played GOW, or at least not to the extent to have a grasp on the actual combat/gameplay, but if you have we need to quantify what's "bad" to you.

Is if possible for someone not like GOW's gameplay? Sure, but you're tying to argue it's bad without saying why which is why most people ignore or dismiss your claim altogether.

Help us all out here to get an understanding of where you're coming from.

If GoW has "bad gameplay" to you, give us at least 3 examples of current gen 3rd person action games that have GREAT gameplay in your opinion so we have a reference point to for how you're gauging God of War as bad.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@zaryia: oh, is that you crying in the gif? Thanks for showing us all how you look and act ROFL.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lundy86_4

@calvincfb said:

@zaryia: oh, is that you crying in the gif? Thanks for showing us all how you look and act ROFL.

The guy isn't crying in the GIF. Stop injecting your personal emotions.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Calvincfb

@baelnergal: yes, why waste more on the likes of you?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Calvincfb

@lundy86_4: LMFAO you hurt?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Calvincfb

The salty angry tears of pc Fanboys are delicious.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By lundy86_4

@calvincfb said:

At your inability to understand a short GIF? Nah. Kinda laughing, actually. Can you nail this GIF?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Calvincfb

@lundy86_4: keep crying, PC is still trash.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lundy86_4
@calvincfb said:

You need a better shtick. You can't even tell if a person is crying. You're either devoid of emotion, or just can't comprehend anything around you... Congrats?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Calvincfb

@lundy86_4: i can see one thing: PC Fanboys are the ones that cry the most when someone disses their overpriced plastic toys. It's enough to know you people enter the threads crying.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By lundy86_4

@calvincfb: Ahhh... So you have no idea what you're talking about, then attempted to address a GIF, but could not actually understand a GIF that lasted 3-or-so seconds. At this point, I don't even know how to address your inadequacy. You can't understand if a person in a GIF is crying, but you can convey that people entering this thread are... It's like you don't know what you're talking about. I'm shocked lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Zaryia
@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@lundy86_4: i can see one thing: PC Fanboys are the ones that cry the most when someone disses their overpriced plastic toys. It's enough to know you people enter the threads crying.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11819 Posts

Wow the cows are really deranged in this thread

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By lundy86_4

@NoodleFighter said:

Wow the cows are really deranged in this thread

They've gone off the rails. Genuinely. I'm confused why this thread is still open lol.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@MonsieurX: classic monsieurx post, adding nothing to any discussion, just snarky and pathetic remarks ROFL.

@calvincfb said:

@baelnergal: what a sad butthurt reply from a sad butthurt person.

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By lundy86_4

@MonsieurX said:
@calvincfb said:

@MonsieurX: classic monsieurx post, adding nothing to any discussion, just snarky and pathetic remarks ROFL.

@calvincfb said:

lol

@zaryia said:
@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

Clearly a clown.

Image result for honk meme
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lundy86_4

@MonsieurX said:
@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

@calvincfb said:

lol

Jinx... Gotta buy you a coke or something lol.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BaelNergal

@dxmcat said:

Lol living on mars.

Must have just learned about it in science class. What a slick counter.

It took me three minutes of googling to come up with that. All I did was peruse a couple of factsheets. I honestly am baffled that someone would think that was a good example to use.

@boxrekt said:

@baelnergal: Geez dude no one really needs to justify GOW's gameplay. Gameplay wise it shits on most 3rd person action games this gen in terms of mechanics. Gameplay was one of the high points of the reboot.

You say the game play is bad but that's such a generic argument it sounds like baseless trolling of a fanboy talking out of ignorance or jealousy of having not played the game.

For the record I don't think you've played GOW, or at least not to the extent to have a grasp on the actual combat/gameplay, but if you have we need to quantify what's "bad" to you.

Is if possible for someone not like GOW's gameplay? Sure, but you're tying to argue it's bad without saying why which is why most people ignore or dismiss your claim altogether.

Help us all out here to get an understanding of where you're coming from.

If GoW has "bad gameplay" to you, give us at least 3 examples of current gen 3rd person action games that have GREAT gameplay in your opinion so we have a reference point to for how you're gauging God of War as bad.

I noticed the goalpost move in this. You never specified that it had to be 3rd person action games in either the title or the OP.

See, this is the problem with your argument: You can't win in general and you know it, so you specifically try to narrow it down as much as possible so that you can try to gain a victory in that small specific area and then claim you won overall.

Also, shitting on most 3rd person action games isn't a hard feat; most of them are simply terrible to the point they're not even worth mentioning. But I notice you said "most" and not "all." Conceding already that it's not the best in its genre when I haven't even brought up an example. There's no point in trying to take on a challenge when the one who issues it admits defeat before I can even get started.

However, let's let sales figures come up with that answer and limit it just to the PS4 so you have no complaints. And three games are... Uncharted, Spiderman, and GTA 5.

You want to know why I don't say any specific complaints? Because I didn't notice anything specific. The entire game's combat system is, from what I've noticed, pretty generic for its genre. It's hard to pick out specific examples when most of the game doesn't stand out at all. About the only things it really attempts is a returning weapon, which is copied from a number of other games with the same concept in some form, and limiting the QTEs, which makes one wonder why they were even included to begin with. And to accomplish that much, it sacrificed swimming and jumping.

But, then, the God of War games have never been about excelling in game play. They've been about the brutality of what Kratos can do and fighting epic battles. The second one that, unfortunately, the series no longer excels at.

Of course, I don't think you noticed a key aspect about that list I posted on the first page. Take a good look at it, and tell me which of those games are pure 3rd person action games. There's two on the list that partially qualify, but those two also have heavy RPG elements; ignore them for that list, especially since the second is more of a third-person shooter game.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Hey, any of you PS4 players up to play some Quake 2 RTX with full path ray tracing?......oh wait...I'm so *chuckle sorry...my bad.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BoxRekt
@baelnergal said:

@boxrekt said:

@baelnergal: Geez dude ....

However, let's let sales figures come up with that answer and limit it just to the PS4 so you have no complaints. And three games are... Uncharted, Spiderman, and GTA 5.

You want to know why I don't say any specific complaints? Because I didn't notice anything specific.The entire game's combat system is, from what I've noticed, pretty generic for its genre.

Gotcha..so you are just a troll who hasn't played the game.

Also you're trying to say that identifying a game's gameplay from among other games in same genre is a goal post move? WTF kind of idiotic mental gymnastics logic is that?

Are you a complete noob when it comes to talking about games that actually require skill based gameplay or are you an ignorant PC fanboy who only plays point n click RTS and top down isometric games who wouldn't know what good skill based gameplay was like if it punched you in the face?

What an idiotic argument you've made here.

You've outed yourself as a liar and a noob on skill based gameplay with this reply. You deflected from trying to identify it's specific gameplay flaws on God of War to talking about SALES? Really?

"You want to know why I don't say any specific complaints? Because I didn't notice anything specific."

Wow! If you though you were saying something witty or smart when you made this comment, you didn't! You actually killed ANY credibility I might have given you in your blatant trolling attempt and lies about playing God of War.

If you don't even have the capability to break down and verbalize what makes gameplay bad in a game then you aren't qualified to even speak on what is good vs what is not like some kind of expert.

Yeah GTFOH buddy! This is why no one bothered to respond to you.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

we're setting records here.

GOW takes more skill than RTS games. :D

Make sure you tell that to Jang "Moon" Jae Ho.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BaelNergal

@boxrekt said:

Gotcha..so you are just a troll who hasn't played the game.

Also you're trying to say that identifying a game's gameplay from among other games in same genre is a goal post move? WTF kind of idiotic mental gymnastics logic is that?

Are you a complete noob when it comes to talking about games that actually require skill based gameplay or are you an ignorant PC fanboy who only plays point n click RTS and top down isometric games who wouldn't know what good skill based gameplay was like if it punched you in the face?

What an idiotic argument you've made here.

You've outed yourself as a liar and a noob on skill based gameplay with this reply. You deflected from trying to identify it's specific gameplay flaws on God of War to talking about SALES? Really?

"You want to know why I don't say any specific complaints? Because I didn't notice anything specific."

Wow! If you though you were saying something witty or smart when you made this comment, you didn't! You actually killed ANY credibility I might have given you in your blatant trolling attempt and lies about playing God of War.

If you don't even have the capability to break down and verbalize what makes gameplay bad in a game then you aren't qualified to even speak on what is good vs what is not like some kind of expert.

Yeah GTFOH buddy! This is why no one bothered to respond to you.

I notice you have no counter to me providing evidence that, objectively, GoW isn't even the best 3rd person action game on the PS4, let alone in the genre. And missed the very subtle claim in my post (I've played all three and found them better than GoW; the sales addition was just to add some weight to the choices).

I say the gameplay is generic... and you can't cite a single example otherwise from the game. I guess I struck a nerve with that.

You can rage post all you like, but the fact remains the best counter you have to what I am saying is this failed attack on credibility. You don't have a single piece of evidence to counter me, or you would have posted such by now.

Just stop bothering at this point. I don't even care enough about this conversation to remember it next week, and I'm still beating you to the point it's embarrassing us both. Besides, we might even be on the same side next time.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Honestly?? Nothing. It's the best looking game out right now.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#149 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

@zaryia:
I do appreciate that you are one of the few who back up statements with facts and numbers....

But can you please, please, PLEASE change your avatar?

Everytime I read one of your posts I hear The Donald's voice.

#Hamberders

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Brah4ever
@pimphand_gamer said:

Hey, any of you PS4 players up to play some Quake 2 RTX with full path ray tracing?......oh wait...I'm so *chuckle sorry...my bad.

You're seriously using Quake II (a game that's over 20 years old) as your argument for PC superiority?

Spent $1200 on a graphics card to play Quake II, in 2019...