Name a PC game that looks better than God of War (PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@heirren said:

@brah4ever:

No game on pc looks that good.

Wheres that Chris Roberts cult game?

In development hell and won't release until Next Gen consoles are already on the market (if at all) with exclusives equal or superior in graphical quality.

It's the only game that qualifies as it's the only AAA game they can mention that's not another console port with the same base graphics.

And that's only going to remain the case if the greedy devs don't shit on PC investors by releasing a console port since they'll be fully capable of running Star Citizen at max settings on next gen consoles. More than likely a PS5 exclusive will destroy even Star Citizen the year if finally launches.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

Why do you have to exclude mods?

They are a common practice in PC games, just cos PS4 cant have them doesn't mean they should be ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

These questions have no purpose, PS4 gamers will say there isn't, and PC gamers say there is.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Hermits are always rekt with the fact that no company will make them an exclusive that pushes graphics because hermits refuse to buy games at full price.

It’s why consoles like PS4 and PS5 are releasing games that are destroying PC game graphically. Console players support the industry therefore, we get big budget games.

God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and even Uncharted 4 crap on everything on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@BassMan said:
@vfighter said:

@BassMan: Its so cute when PC fanboys rant and moan lol.

Only peasants brag about a game that runs at less than 60fps. Seriously... Even a 4 year old multi-plat looks better than God of War...

Loading Video...

Photogrammetry is really amazing it took this generations graphics to a new level.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@vfighter said:

@BassMan: Its so cute when PC fanboys rant and moan lol.

Lmao the OP got killed hours ago, look at this goon jerking off a corpse.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@zaryia: lmao nope, keep trying though.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Calvincfb

Lol @ people citing cyberpunk, it hasn't even release yet ROFL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

@heirren said:
Loading Video...

My all time favorite video game movie and my all time favorite fighting game as well!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#60 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59313 Posts

Define the question properly first.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts
Loading Video...

Loading Video...
BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@heirren said:

@baelnergal:

Hes got two? Ha

He's got more than two. Wing Commander is an entire series, and Star Citizen is one of three or four in its setting.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BaelNergal

@boxrekt said:
@heirren said:

@brah4ever:

No game on pc looks that good.

Wheres that Chris Roberts cult game?

In development hell and won't release until Next Gen consoles are already on the market (if at all) with exclusives equal or superior in graphical quality.

It's the only game that qualifies as it's the only AAA game they can mention that's not another console port with the same base graphics.

And that's only going to remain the case if the greedy devs don't shit on PC investors by releasing a console port since they'll be fully capable of running Star Citizen at max settings on next gen consoles. More than likely a PS5 exclusive will destroy even Star Citizen the year if finally launches.

Star Citizen is playable right now. It's a live game. It's just very, very, very, very, very expensive. As in, you could buy a house for some of the pricetags that game has.

@calvincfb said:

Are you talking about my list? Because that also has Stardew Valley, the original Pacman, and the Windows crash screen on it. But, then, it's a list of games that "look better" based on selling me on playing them more than God of War has.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I'd say Space Hulk Deathwing: Enhanced Edition wins by a hair margin. Say what you will about the actual game, but since we're talking strictly about graphics, it's pretty clear that the art directors at Streum On really loved what they were doing and even with most settings on High w/ Medium textures, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. I say "A hair's margin" cuz textures are barely above God of War 4, though the thing that makes all the difference is video performance since the game rarely goes below 30FPS (if at all) from my personal experience, but often stays within 60 when exploring or killing small packs of genestealers.

I know Battlefield 5 is also a thing, but has the RTX API improved at all since the game's launch?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Zaryia
@calvincfb said:

@zaryia: lmao nope, keep trying though.

So many games have been listed ITT. The OP got blown to hell.

You got owned. Take your distant second/third place like a man.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

PC is the point and click king.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@flashn00b: RTX performance has improved by about 50% with new patches and drivers. It'll continue to improve as time goes on.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: I also remember the API being so badly coded that you get massive performance drops even with relevant features turned off.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts
@BassMan said:
Not being able to run at 60fps disqualifies it by default.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@PinchySkree:

At release wasnt it almost impossible to run Crysis at 60 fps? Was that game not the best visuals on the platform and by a large margin?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BoxRekt
@calvincfb said:

And is another multiplat that will have equivalent graphics on next gen consoles that 95% of PC gamers will not even have the hardware to match.

When ever the argument of best "PC" graphics come up the only thing you ever hear is..

Games we can all fully play with the same base graphics ON CONSOLE. That's not a "graphics king" that a best version of a game with the same base graphics on other systems.

Now I'm hearing PC fans point to Metro Exodus as the best graphics on PC (another console port)

How do these guys expect us to act like this is a generational leap over console graphics

When it's the same damn base graphics only with a few extra effects that are that I may notice If I played it side by side.

Not only that, but after ranting all generation long about anything less than 4k 60fps being "unplayable"

They hype a graphics feature for PC that forces fake 4k upscaling that leaves a greasy finish and forces sub 60fps gameplay at these so called best settings.

Now native 4k and 60fps locked doesn't matter for best graphics anymore and lighting is everything? lol These guys are flip flopping all over the place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@boxrekt:

I agree about people stating 60 fps locked. I remember in the late 90s or early 00s, pc graphics were just incredibly sharp and fluid in comparison to most console games. Developers would try to bring games over, like Ghost Recon and Half Life 2, and even though the base graphics were mostly the same, the increased clarity and fluidity did look like a generational gap.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

If your gonna try and compare a game to pc for graphics at least pic the best looking console game

Hellblade, RDR2 on the xb1x are the best looking console games,maybe if the god of war devs had the x’s power to use instead of the pro,s then this thread may have had more legs

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

Sea of thieves looks better than any PlayStation exclusive by a mile. PS4 exclusives look muddy because the 4K isn’t real.

After experiencing only 4K for so long then shifting to the PS4pro is jarring. Like I’m playing my 720p switch but at least the switch screen is small enough to still look better than PS4 games

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You do realise digital foundry the same people that said God of War was breath taking said that Metro Exodus with Ray Tracing is the thing to beat now in terms of graphics.

Loading Video...

Also Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best looking game on consoles.

Having played Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War and Metro Exodus with Ray Tracing... I agree with DF certain scenes of Metro with Ray Tracing look almost a generational leap above anything I have seen so far.

/thread. OP has been officially pwned!

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BoxRekt
@heirren said:

@boxrekt:

I agree about people stating 60 fps locked. I remember in the late 90s or early 00s, pc graphics were just incredibly sharp and fluid in comparison to most console games. Developers would try to bring games over, like Ghost Recon and Half Life 2, and even though the base graphics were mostly the same, the increased clarity and fluidity did look like a generational gap.

I can't argue with your personal opinion.

I have a gaming PC not a 2080TI but a far bit stronger than current consoles and I can play at and above 60fps.

It's nice and smooth and "feels" great to play but graphics are graphics. Playing Tetris at 300fps doesn't make me imagine it's any more graphically impressive the the original system it released on 30 years ago in the form of a 16bit NES.

BTW: Metro Exodus has a LOT of visually unpleasing and even ugly elements compared to the best looking console games even when being played at the best settings on PC.

Loading Video...

Case in point!

It's not even the best looking game on console, but this is a nomination coming from the same fan base that thinks The Witcher 3 is still visually superior to an console game in 2019.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@kali-b1rd: MMO’s suck.

Short mindless adventure games suck.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Best and better are subjective. People could say a racing sim is better because it's more realistic.

Depends on what the intent of the game is going for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@boxrekt:

I cant vouch for present day. I have a switch.

What i will say is people become accustomed to 60fps. I remember going from Odyssey back to BotW and the framerate is incredibly noticeable.....AT FIRST......now it just feels normal.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@calvincfb said:

And is another multiplat that will have equivalent graphics on next gen consoles that 95% of PC gamers will not even have the hardware to match.

When ever the argument of best "PC" graphics come up the only thing you ever hear is..

Games we can all fully play with the same base graphics ON CONSOLE. That's not a "graphics king" that a best version of a game with the same base graphics on other systems.

Now I'm hearing PC fans point to Metro Exodus as the best graphics on PC (another console port)

How do these guys expect us to act like this is a generational leap over console graphics

When it's the same damn base graphics only with a few extra effects that are that I may notice If I played it side by side.

Not only that, but after ranting all generation long about anything less than 4k 60fps being "unplayable"

They hype a graphics feature for PC that forces fake 4k upscaling that leaves a greasy finish and forces sub 60fps gameplay at these so called best settings.

Now native 4k and 60fps locked doesn't matter for best graphics anymore and lighting is everything? lol These guys are flip flopping all over the place.

You talking about graphics and then discredit resolution as a advantage then you do nothing but talk about resolution and DLSS when a game IS voted the best looking game by DF?...

Also your whole PC just has resolution response... Is bull, not even the X1X runs games at Ultra settings compared to PC.

So while yes consoles run those games its not just resolution and frame rate.

You console gamers want to have your cake and eat it don't you, you claim your games are the best and all PC has is resolution but when a game has drastically better settings on PC than any console all of the sudden resolution is a problem. GTFO.

1440/60 Metro Exodus with Ray Tracing looks better than any game I have played, and I have a PS4 Pro... Your opinion doesn't come from experience its straight from your 30FPS ass.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BoxRekt

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Hey don't blame me for PC fanboy flip flopping arguments.

"4k 60fps is the standard and anything less than 60fps is unplayable"

We've heard it all on this board so miss me with your sob story and deflection when you guys flip flop on those arguments when a new graphical feature for PC like ray tracing is introduced.

Now 4k and running at 60fps doesn't matter for best graphics! GTOH!

It only proves you PC fanboys move goal posts to whatever you think consoles can't do at the time and ignore all graphical metrics unless you think it benefits an argument for PC elitists.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@boxrekt said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Hey don't blame me for PC fanboy flip flopping arguments.

"4k 60fps is the standard and anything less than 60fps is unplayable"

We've heard it all on this board so miss me with your sob story and deflection when you guys flip flop on those arguments when a new graphical feature for PC like ray tracing is introduced.

Now 4k and running at 60fps doesn't matter! GTOH,

It only proves you PC fanboys move goal posts to whatever you think consoles can't do at the time and ignore all graphical quality unless you think it benefits an argument for PC elitists.

Who are you talking about?

Name one person that said that was the standard?...

PC gamers have been going the Ultrawide and or 1440/144Hz route for the half decade. No one is moving goal posts you console gamer's are bringing in false narratives to skew your delusional arguments.

The only people moving goal posts 24/7 are console gamers, you literally are doing it in this thread.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BoxRekt

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Lies, PC fanboys have been scoffing at consoles doing less than 4k 60fps this entire generation. It was THE argument for PC elitists!

I don't need to prove that no more than I need to prove that PC fanboy hyped Star Citizen as the holy grail for graphics and still can't tell us when Squadron 42 will actually release as a fully finished product.

There is nothing false I said, you're just a liar if you're going to pretend that PC fanboys didn't act like they need to play evey game at native 4k at 60fps before it can be considered to have good graphics. Using that shit argument you guys would suggest ANY random console multiplat on PC had better graphics than all console games.

Pretending like this isn't the case just proves how dishonest are. Trying to lie about this narrative HEAVILY used on this board by PC fanboys means nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@boxrekt said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Lies, PC fanboys have been scoffing at consoles doing less than 4k 60fps this entire generation. It was THE argument for PC elitists!

I don't need to prove that no more than I need to prove that PC fanboy hyped Star Citizen as the holy grail for graphics and still can't tell us when Squadron 42 will actually release as a fully finished product.

There is nothing false I said, you're just a liar if you're going to pretend that PC fanboys didn't act like they need to play evey game at native 4k at 60fps before it can be considered to have good graphics. Using that shit argument you guys would suggest ANY random console multiplat on PC had better graphics than all console games.

Pretending like this isn't the case just proves how dishonest are. Trying to lie about this narrative HEAVILY used on this board by PC fanboys means nothing you say can be taken seriously.

My god you are full of it.

Again throwing out blanket statements to deter from the truth... No one said "every game" aside from you.

PC gamers use the 4K/60 argument when it can be done to show how much better PC is in terms of power, it doesn't mean its the standard. Do you not know how have any logic in your fanboy agenda mode?...

Like when X1X played Forza Horizon 4K/30FPS... DF did a video where PC can play it with a 1080 Ti 4K/60.

YOU are skewing it because YOU cannot handle the truth... PC is more powerful and ALL multiplatform games can run at 4K/60 on the highest end hardware and when they cant its because the extra graphical features are too demanding which means they make the game look better than console.

Your whole argument is your opinion but when a opinion from a un-bias person from DF crowning Metro Exodus with Ray Tracing as the game to beat you bring up irrelevent things and spin it into a he said she said arguement. Honestly fanboys like you make me realise why you can't afford gaming PC's... your too dumb to make money.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BoxRekt

*less than 6 months ago*

? Any game running at 4k 60fps on PC beats the best console graphics.

We can't stand the look of those blury console games and running at less then 60fps is unplayable!

The Witcher 3 on PC 4k 60fps is teh better graphix dan any console gamez!

So sharp with native 4k! And 60fps! Behold da graphix kingz!

*Today*

Never mind, ray tracing on Pee Cee running 1440 upscaled with a greasy (the order 1886 like coat) and sub 60fps is Graphixz King!

Forget what we said about needing native 4k and 60fps for best graphics...

lol can't paint the flip flop narrative any more clearly than this.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol classic cow insecurity circle jerk thread

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

1. GOW4 looks the way it does BECAUSE it is on console. Think about that for a second. Short draw distances, set pieces, low AF, pop in, high res characters to fool you, aggressive lod culling.

2. Gow4 isnt even the best looking game on PS4

3. Why ask the question when you will ignore all answers anyway?

4. Technical graphics are about MORE than just how a game LOOKS. Resolution, texture detail, draw distance, AA and AF, world or map size, animations, etc. All that counts, and consoles are terrible at everthing but character models

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BoxRekt
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@MonsieurX said:

lol classic cow insecurity circle jerk thread

I think he's genuinely retarded.

aaaaand now you pull out the angry personal insults fueled by emotion and inability to focus on a topic without school yard tactics.

Saying that violates TOS and may not be offensive to me but it may very well be offensive to other people viewing this board.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@brah4ever said:

Without mods.

All that powah!
All that powah!
@brah4ever said:

So basically you're pulling the 4K card.

No game on PC is graphically impressive as God Of War from a technical standpoint. From the set pieces to the way the characters models and environments are designed.

Nothing on PC comes close
Nothing on PC comes close

Yeah, this is clearly a constructive thread. It's also funny how TC says that nothing is as impressive from a technical standpoint as GoW, and also criticizes a user for pointing out that PC games can actually run 4K... Which is a technical aspect.

Furthermore, GoW doesn't even run 4K, and with between 40-50fps in Performance Mode... Yes, that's the games "performance mode."

Why is this thread open?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

You know, it seems like every week, Box becomes just slightly more idiotic.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Calvincfb

@baelnergal: what a sad butthurt reply from a sad butthurt person.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Calvincfb

@MonsieurX: classic monsieurx post, adding nothing to any discussion, just snarky and pathetic remarks ROFL.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Calvincfb

@BassMan: @PCgameruk: LMFAO downplaying the game because of the framerate just shows how butthurt you are because there are no games on your overpriced plastic toy that looks better than GoW ROFL.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Calvincfb

@clone01: what? No, zaryia provided a list of games that objectively look worse than GoW and other ps4 exclusives. Zaryia is known for being a troll, cherry picking screenshots but adding nothing of substance to any discussion, repeating the same sad replies over and over and are always wrong. You can't take zaryia seriously.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Calvincfb

@zaryia: nobody got owned, troll, your sad list has no game that looks better than GoW. Stay on last place, with your overpriced plastic toy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zaryia
@calvincfb said:

@baelnergal: what a sad butthurt reply from a sad butthurt person.

@calvincfb said:

@MonsieurX: classic monsieurx post, adding nothing to any discussion, just snarky and pathetic remarks ROFL.

@calvincfb said:

@BassMan: @PCgameruk: LMFAO downplaying the game because of the framerate just shows how butthurt you are because there are no games on your overpriced plastic toy that looks better than GoW ROFL.

@calvincfb said:

@clone01: what? No, zaryia provided a list of games that objectively look worse than GoW and other ps4 exclusives. Zaryia is known for being a troll, cherry picking screenshots but adding nothing of substance to any discussion, repeating the same sad replies over and over and are always wrong. You can't take zaryia seriously.

@calvincfb said:

@zaryia: nobody got owned, troll, your sad list has no game that looks better than GoW. Stay on last place, with your overpriced plastic toy.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BaelNergal

@calvincfb: If that is the best you can come up with, then thank you for admitting I have the superior argument.

Which is kinda sad, to be honest.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@calvincfb Really? Quintuple posting?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BoxRekt
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

You know, it seems like every week, Box becomes just slightly more idiotic.

Who are you writing this to?

Looking for validation from other fanboys about a faceless user on a game board that you don't know?

You need to settle down and learn how to actually post on a topic and stop looking for approval with these shitty off-topic comments of yours.