MS is a typical greedy corporation

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashitaka96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashitaka96
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts
Update: you people are still posting here? I guess I struck a nerve. The basics of this post is that XBL Sliver is useless for a reason and if you 360 fanboys can't get it through your thick skulls...then so be it... I know I'm going to get a flood of angry 360 fanboys posts, but I don't care. I had to get this out. I have a 360, but I don't use it anymore. I actually don't have Windows on any of MY computers anymore. I'm done dealing with them. I realized a few days ago why XBL Silver exists, it's pretty useless and it's only going to get more useless with the fall update. Most of the new features coming in the update are gold exclusive. It's just a ploy to get more people paying them for gold. New XBL users get one free month of gold they may not want to pay for gold right away, but when they get bumped down to silver when the trail ends they see how useless it is and upgrade to gold. Also most of the features of gold could easily be done for free. I'm pretty sure most games use p2p for online play. I know Halo 3 uses p2p. Plus Sony does get money from people using the PSN. I assume they get a percentage of the money from PS Store purchases. Something else I noticed is that XBL is the only platform, aside from MMOs, that employs a fee to play online. Update: I knew this would happen most of the hate posts are from 360 fanboys posting knee-jerk reactions without really reading my post. I never said there was anything wrong with making money. I DO mention that Sony is making money from the PSN. I don't feel like arguing on a forum. It's an exercise in futility. I just posted this to give my two cents on the vast difference between XBL gold and silver. I will not post in this thread anymore.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

Yes damm Mircosoft for trying to make money. Damm them.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
And Sony and Nintendo isn't?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

All companies goals are to make money, M$ is just more successful at it I suppose.

Love em or hate em, you got to accept most love em.

SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoulEater30
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

If they are "typical" than what's the problem?

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
All companies want money, thats the way business works.
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts

isn't their objective to make money?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

MS is just one of those typical companies that likes to make money.

We should hate them for doing what every other business is trying to do.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

So... how are you posting if you have windows but no longer use it? Mac? If that is the case, this makes your post ever more ironic.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

MS/Sony/Ninty = big companies. They want to make a lot money.

I'm not condemning it, but no point acting as if MS want to make money, and Sony and Nintendo are just happy catering to their consumers, because that's not the case. You're beating on a dead horse though.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

If they are "typical" than what's the problem?

SoulEater30
:lol: I lol'd.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#12 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Wanting profit does not equal greedy.

Sony removed BC to force users to buy PS3 games. Ripoff.

Nintendo still charges $250 for an overclocked Gamecube, when a 360 is only $200. Ripoff.

MS charging for online is what made Live good, and in turn forced Sony to copy making PSN decent as well. Live should be cheaper, though.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Blog worthy I believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

Silver exists

Thanks, I know I exist. In any case, for some, the fee for Live feels justified.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Heaven forbid Microsoft actually try to add value to the price of the Gold Xbox Live membership! :roll:

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

what this MS company doing trying to make money for providing a service for it's customers?

darn you MS for being a typical corporation

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

6matt6

Damn them to hell.

How dare they add more features for those who go out of their way to pay.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol good luck TC cause guess what? Microsoft is so ingrained into technology that there isn't a single thing out there that doesn't use something created, or stolen by microsoft, microsofts mark is on every thing in some form or another.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

welcome to the world of business.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Um... companies are supposed to make money. What do you expect, free Xboxs and games?
halo_wars86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 halo_wars86
Member since 2009 • 1505 Posts

I know I'm going to get a flood of angry 360 fanboys posts, but I don't care. I had to get this out. I have a 360, but I don't use it anymore. I actually don't have Windows on any of MY computers anymore. I'm done dealing with them. I realized a few days ago why XBL Silver exists, it's pretty useless and it's only going to get more useless with the fall update. Most of the new features coming in the update are gold exclusive. It's just a ploy to get more people paying them for gold. New XBL users get one free month of gold they may not want to pay for gold right away, but when they get bumped down to silver when the trail ends they see how useless it is and upgrade to gold. Also most of the features of gold could easily be done for free. I'm pretty sure most games use p2p for online play. I know Halo 3 uses p2p. Plus Sony does get money from people using the PSN. I assume they get a percentage of the money from PS Store purchases. Something else I noticed is that XBL is the only platform, aside from MMOs, that employs a fee to play online.

microsoft is greedy and u JUST figured out this NOW

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

I wouldnt mind paying the $50 for 13 months. Whats the big deal?

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

I like my corporations greedy, it makes them try for my money instead of them arrogantly thinking I'll give money for crap, or what they did in the past, or because they think they are the chosen one.

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts

I gave up on Microsoft a long time ago. I have no problem with companies making money but I have problems with companies making money the way M$ does it.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 treedoor

I gave up on Microsoft a long time ago. I have no problem with companies making money but I have problems with companies making money the way M$ does it.

RedruM_I

By selling stuff?

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RedruM_I

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]

treedoor

By selling stuff?

No, by recurring to monopolistic activities.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

RedruM_I
then you gave up on every product and major corporation on the planet...do you live in at the amana colonies?
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RedruM_I
[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]

WilliamRLBaker
then you gave up on every product and major corporation on the planet...do you live in at the amana colonies?

No, only Microsoft and the ones that behave similarly.
Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
Actually, they're not your typical greedy corporation. They're much better at being greedy than most corporations.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#30 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

Do you know how much good Bill Gates has done with his wealth?

Perhaps you should look it up, anyway, there is no such thing is a typical non-geedy corporation, it's part of a capitalist economy.

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
it's part of a capitalist economy.Dead-Memories
Tell that to GM :lol:
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Perhaps you should look it up, anyway, there is no such thing is a typical non-geedy corporation, it's part of a capitalist economy.

Dead-Memories

Well, Bill Gates =/= M$.

Anyways, I heard an interesting tale. Bill Gates made a deal with the Devil to aquire his wealth, but now Bill's trying to show God that he's not such a bad guy. Mr. Gates is having second thoughts. I don't believe it, but I heard that here in SW, what do you think?

Not a lot of Bill Gates threads, so I thought I might throw that in, but like I said, Bill Gates =/= M$.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]it's part of a capitalist economy.Shafftehr
Tell that to GM :lol:

Dergulation galore.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Any company with a "points" system has really stooped low in my book. M$ and Nintendo are the only companies I know of that do this.

Imagine going to Gamestop and spending $80 to buy points for a game thats worth $60.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

Well, Bill Gates =/= M$.

Anyways, I heard an interesting tale. Bill Gates made a deal with the Devil to aquire his weatlh, but now he's trying to show God that he's not such a bad buy. I don't believe it, but I heard that here in SW, what do you think?

Well when people think of Gates they think of MS, so take what you will.
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedruM_I

Dead-Memories
Sure, rich people donating money to charity is going to fix the world's problems. It's funny how currently there is more donations to charity than in any other time in history but we also have more people starving and dying because of armed conflicts than in any other time in history. Charity doesn't work, it's just a way for rich people to avoid taxes.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Um... companies are supposed to make money. What do you expect, free Xboxs and games?bronxxbombers

Your right they are, so that the goverment can find new ways to tax them. :P O' I went there

Anyways there is nothing wrong with making money. It's not like the servers are giving to them for free. Nintendo and Sony just find other ways to get you to pay for their online. With higher costing system or with keeping their games marked up in price longer. Trust me they find a way.

runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

So is Sony, with their $55 controllers and $400 game system and $250 portable game system.

So is Nintendo with their flood of peripherals and lack of good online features.

So is EA with their global takeovers and half-baked ports (see the PS3 version of Orange Box)

MrNathanDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrNathanDrake
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
I dont blame MS for ripping people off. I blame the 360 fanboys for allowing themselves to get ripped off
Dev-Kronsce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dev-Kronsce
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

I dont blame MS for ripping people off. I blame the 360 fanboys for allowing themselves to get ripped offMrNathanDrake

And for allowing it to go on for soo looooong :lol:

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 treedoor

I dont blame MS for ripping people off. I blame the 360 fanboys for allowing themselves to get ripped offMrNathanDrake

It is sad that there are some people that actually find value in other things than you isn't it?

Ashitaka96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ashitaka96
Obviously a lot of the posters talking about "what's wrong with making money", didn't read my post completely. The basics of my post is the underhanded ploy of the silver membership. Because I did mention Sony making money from the PSN. I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Game21x

Obviously a lot of the posters talking about "what's wrong with making money", didn't read my post completely. The basics of my post is the underhanded ploy of the silver membership. Because I did mention Sony making money from the PSN. I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money.You know who you are
There is nothing "underhanded" about Microsoft offering the Silver membership in the same way that there is nothing wrong with Microsoft adding additional features for the premium Gold service.

PS: Hmm...I can't seem to quote your name due to it automatically being censored so I edited the post accordingly.

Ashitaka96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ashitaka96

[QUOTE="You know who you are"]Obviously a lot of the posters talking about "what's wrong with making money", didn't read my post completely. The basics of my post is the underhanded ploy of the silver membership. Because I did mention Sony making money from the PSN. I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money.The_Game21x

There is nothing "underhanded" about Microsoft offering the Silver membership in the same way that there is nothing wrong with Microsoft adding additional features for the premium Gold service.

PS: Hmm...I can't seem to quote your name due to it automatically being censored so I edited the post accordingly.

It is underhanded. the silver membership is useless and that's the way MS likes it.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#45 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

6matt6
The point is they are ripping people off...Pc gamers were wise to this. Console gaemrs don't have a choice and to the people that got suckered into buying faulty hardware and a pay to play scheme, you should be suing ms taking them to the better busines bearua not defending them. Any company that releases a product with a 33% failure rate, makes you pay to play online plus other features, then places ads on the user inteface for even more reveue, all the whille killing off all their first party devs...basically means you are paying for a multiplat 3rd party box that breaks 1/3 of the time with paying for p2p and even ads. With Sony or PC you get everything for free. Sony or the publishers on Steam only make money when the games sell... the way it should be, the way it's always been. MS tried this with pc and failed, pc owners were wise to them ...console owners have two choices...sell their 360, play a half-arsed silver with no online or get ripped for what cross game chat...big deal.
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Why do people still say this garbage? Please although they may be greedy, scamming,cheap lieing rats etc.. THEY ARE STILL A BUISNESS, by the end of the day they are a buisness foremost and need food on the table. If you run a buisness and don't have this mentality you'd be blown away by the competition day 1 (unless your lucky you'll last till day 2)

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="You know who you are"]Obviously a lot of the posters talking about "what's wrong with making money", didn't read my post completely. The basics of my post is the underhanded ploy of the silver membership. Because I did mention Sony making money from the PSN. I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money.you know who

It is underhanded. the silver membership is useless and that's the way MS likes it.

How is it underhanded? How is this different from any other business that offers premium services above the standard for a price?

The silver membership does have its uses. While it may not be as fully featured as the Gold membership (not by a long shot) it's not "useless" at all.

Ashitaka96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ashitaka96
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

RedruM_I
Sure, rich people donating money to charity is going to fix the world's problems. It's funny how currently there is more donations to charity than in any other time in history but we also have more people starving and dying because of armed conflicts than in any other time in history. Charity doesn't work, it's just a way for rich people to avoid taxes.

Plus Gates only donates his money because of his wife. I think if it were up to him he would keep all of it. Most men who get as rich as Gates didn't get it from donating it.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Every company is a piece of ****. I dont understand how people can defend them...**** them. Play the games and dont be a tool to any of the companies.

Ashitaka96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ashitaka96

[QUOTE="you know who"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"] There is nothing "underhanded" about Microsoft offering the Silver membership in the same way that there is nothing wrong with Microsoft adding additional features for the premium Gold service.

The_Game21x

How is it underhanded? How is this different from any other business that offers premium services above the standard for a price?

The silver membership does have its uses. While it may not be as fully featured as the Gold membership (not by a long shot) it's not "useless" at all.

You may not want to admit it but it is pretty useless. You yourself say it's not a full featured at gold "by a long shot". Sliver isn't a tier below gold it's several tiers below it in terms of features and there are only two tiers. Three out of the seven features of XBL mentioned on Wikipedia can used with silver. It's useless trust me I've used it for a bit before I got fed up with it's short comings. You probably have never used it. Plus online play is the main feature of XBL and it's absent in silver.