MS, I mean Activsion just ruined D4. Diablo Players Uninstalling After Season 1 Patch

• 77 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Diablo Players Uninstalling After Season 1 Patch – A Look into the Reddit Posts and Comments

Diablo players express their dissatisfaction with the Season 1 Patch, leading to many uninstalling the game.

Diablo players are expressing their frustration and disappointment with the Season 1 Patch, causing many to uninstall the game. One Reddit post titled ‘Season 1 Patch’ by DaBathroomSlayer has garnered numerous comments from players sharing their negative experiences and decision to abandon the game.

Key Takeaways:

• Players are uninstalling Diablo 4 after the Season 1 Patch.
  • Many players feel that the patch notes have ruined their enjoyment of the game.
  • Some players express regret over their purchase and wish they had waited for a sale.
  • There is a general sense of disappointment and anger among the Diablo community.https://www.zleague.gg/theportal/diablo-players-uninstalling-after-season-1-patch-a-look-into-the-reddit-posts-and-comments/

Man way to go MS, you justs ruined D4 with out even trying.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By daredevils2k
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Oh, now I can't wait to see this game on Steam. The Steam reviews will be delicious.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daredevils2k

Nobody Likes The New 'Diablo 4' 1.1 Patch

Diablo 4’s first season, Season of the Malignant, launches tomorrow, but fans are not exactly in the best of spirits heading into its release.

Blizzard has unfurled 6,600 words worth of 1.1 patch notes, detailing the nerfs and buffs that have already hit Diablo 4’s classes, along with changes to neutral elements of the game. And for the most part players are… not happy. Especially Sorcerer players, but more on that in a bit.

While on the surface, it looks like there is probably close to a 10:1 buff/nerf ratio for classes, that’s a bit misleading. What it means in practice is that at least four out of the five classes have had some of their strongest builds nerfed, Hammer of the Ancients for Barbarian, Bone Spear for Necromancer, Werewolf Shred for Druid and Ice Shards for Sorcerer.

While many of these classes have alternatives that can be utilized, and some got clear buffs in certain directions like Necromancer minions, this is the least true for Sorcerer players. They probably knew that Ice Shards was going to be hit, but it does not seem like buffs to alternative options are meaningful, and the class was already struggling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/07/19/nobody-likes-the-new-diablo-4-11-patch/?sh=2612e91d36b5

It's pretty bad when Forbes has an article how bad the patch has ruined the game.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11631 Posts

Modern day Blizz is trash tier so nobody should be surprised by this.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

People need to calm down. The game has just been released, and in a far better state than most games of this size are found to be.

These issues, along with others, will be addressed in due time.

I thought I'd be the last person defending ABK, but here I am...

@daredevils2k said:

It's pretty bad when Forbes is has an article how bad the patch has ruined the game.

Paul Tassi is actually a really good video game journalists and tends to be very aware of what is going on. Don't let the fact that it is Forbes convince you it's not worth being a serious read.

@daredevils2k said:

• Players are uninstalling Diablo 4 after the Season 1 Patch.
  • Many players feel that the patch notes have ruined their enjoyment of the game.
  • Some players express regret over their purchase and wish they had waited for a sale.
  • There is a general sense of disappointment and anger among the Diablo community.https://www.zleague.gg/theportal/diablo-players-uninstalling-after-season-1-patch-a-look-into-the-reddit-posts-and-comments/

Man way to go MS, you justs ruined D4 with out even trying.

LOL how did MS ruin this? Or you just trolling?

Also shame on those youtubers for not recommending Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and a slew of other Diablo-clones.

There's more out there than PoE and Diablo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

Diablo 4 sales set even more records for Blizzard

As expected the Diablo 4 sales are indeed through the roof, as Blizzard's return to Sanctuary has set impressive new quarterly records.

It’s no secret Diablo 4 has been a massive success for Blizzard, as the RPG game has been one of the company’s fastest-selling releases ever. So as the new Diablo 4 season gets ready for release, Blizzard has outlined just how successful Diablo 4 has been this quarter.

The success of Diablo 4 comes from the Activision Blizzard second quarter results for 2023 (April to June). Blizzard outlines that Diablo 4, compared to its other games, has had sold the most amount of copies in the shortest space of time. This also led to the first $1 billion net bookings quarter for Blizzard (the net amount of products sold), thanks to Diablo 4’s truly colossal launch.

“In the second quarter, Blizzard segment revenue grew over 160% year-over-year and operating income more than tripled year-over-year, each setting new quarterly records, driven by the launch of Diablo 4,” Blizzard begins.

“Diablo 4 had sold through more units than any other Blizzard title at an equivalent stage of release. Over ten million players experienced Diablo 4 in June, playing for over 700 million hours, and retention trends for the title are particularly strong.”

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44331 Posts

Looking forward to playing this myself on Game Pass. 😎

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:

As expected the Diablo 4 sales are indeed through the roof, as Blizzard's return to Sanctuary has set impressive new quarterly records.

It’s no secret Diablo 4 has been a massive success for Blizzard, as the RPG game has been one of the company’s fastest-selling releases ever. So as the new Diablo 4 season gets ready for release, Blizzard has outlined just how successful Diablo 4 has been this quarter.

The success of Diablo 4 comes from the Activision Blizzard second quarter results for 2023 (April to June). Blizzard outlines that Diablo 4, compared to its other games, has had sold the most amount of copies in the shortest space of time. This also led to the first $1 billion net bookings quarter for Blizzard (the net amount of products sold), thanks to Diablo 4’s truly colossal launch.

“In the second quarter, Blizzard segment revenue grew over 160% year-over-year and operating income more than tripled year-over-year, each setting new quarterly records, driven by the launch of Diablo 4,” Blizzard begins.

“Diablo 4 had sold through more units than any other Blizzard title at an equivalent stage of release. Over ten million players experienced Diablo 4 in June, playing for over 700 million hours, and retention trends for the title are particularly strong.”

its A good thing that Activison made all of its money before the user review scores went to a 3 lol

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

its A good thing that Activison made all of its money before the user review scores went to a 3 lol

So gamers trolling metacritic is your go to?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#11 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
@daredevils2k said:

To be fair... ...as much as I like the popcorn spectacle of a giant corporation publicly face-planting, I don't really get much satisfaction from a site that lets any random Joe Bumfuck register an account and drop a rating for things they may or may not have actually played.

That's why I'm looking forward to seeing this game come to Steam.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

Oh no i agree with everything you said. Im just sooo glad that activsion made all that cash before its hard core D4 players reviewed bomb the sh!t out of D4.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

@hardwenzen Give us an update on this trash game. Did it really get worst than it already was.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

Garbage game by garbage company.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

Oh no i agree with everything you said. Im just sooo glad that activsion made all that cash before its hard core D4 players reviewed bomb the sh!t out of D4.

So you are sad that PS fans reviewed bombed MS' game?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

I am playing the game as we speak. Didn't read any patches, nor watched any patch reviews. What exactly have they changed? The only thing i've noticed is that the Silent Chests drop shitload of good stuff now and one aspect that i was using got nerfed by 100%.

So, Mesome713, you need to update me on the drama, and don't even think of bringing your LABO castle into the convo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KvallyX
@hardwenzen said:

I am playing the game as we speak. Didn't read any patches, nor watched any patch reviews. What exactly have they changed? The only thing i've noticed is that the Silent Chests drop shitload of good stuff now and one aspect that i was using got nerfed by 100%.

So, Mesome713, you need to update me on the drama, and don't even think of bringing your LABO castle into the convo.

The big thing is they SLOWED down the speed of the AI and character so that everything takes longer. They wanted to find a way for it to take even longer to grind to level 100.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

@hardwenzen: Youll have to change your profile pick to 3 now cause Diablo rating went to 3. Its no longer a 4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hardwenzen
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

The big thing is they SLOWED down the speed of the AI and character so that everything takes longer. They wanted to find a way for it to take even longer to grind to level 100.

That's it? lol i couldn't care less if it takes longer for me to get to 100. The faster i get there, the faster i'll lose interest cuz i won't have anything else to do, and i am not gonna be making a new character every season, that dumb as **** as a game feature. As Act Man said, in arpg's, a currupted save file is considered as a feature, and i find this to be funny af.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

Oh my, another Youtube clickbait outcry, only for them to totally forget about this issue, play some more Diablo IV tomorrow and then proceed to cry about the next "tragedy"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

That's it?

True, the way these videos are made they made it seem like they turned this game into Redfall.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

That's it?

True, the way these videos are made they made it seem like they turned this game into Redfall.

Drama sells, and is way more entertaining to watch, so i ain't blaming them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

I however am blaming them for making the internet a cesspool of negativity.

This is Left 4 Dead 2 boycott levels of stupid

"ZOMG I'm totally uninstalling the game for realz you guys"

>proceeds to play Diablo IV for 15 hours a day while eating pringles.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

I'm just glad everyone thinks the sorcerer class is weak - Blizzard will leave my Crackling Energy build alone!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I however am blaming them for making the internet a cesspool of negativity.

This is Left 4 Dead 2 boycott levels of stupid

"ZOMG I'm totally uninstalling the game for realz you guys"

>proceeds to play Diablo IV for 15 hours a day while eating pringles.

Yum, pringles!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

This is is the reason why I accepted your offer thru dm for you to be my mentor. like you said in DM, that living in the world of denialism is a dish best served cold.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

This is is the reason why I accepted your offer thru dm for you to be my mentor. like you said in DM, that living in the world of denialism is a dish best served cold.

You forgot the caveat near the bottom of the DM. You need to make me moist and make me breakfast first.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@kvallyx said:

Yum, pringles!

Oh yeah they even come in those tubes, awesome!

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

I'm glad Iost interest in this game after 1-2 weeks, otherwise I'd be really annoyed about this patch.

The game was already mediocre, so weakening everything/slowing down progression/reducing the rewards was the wrong move.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8311 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

People need to calm down. The game has just been released, and in a far better state than most games of this size are found to be.

Yeah same here. This is just dumb.

the arpg came out last month.. eventually patches were on the way... and nerfs and buffs are expected throughout the game life cycle.

The irony here is the only people "upset" are the people that somehow put 200h+ into the game already and are super salty that their meta build they have been working on "necro bone spear class or ice shard sorc build" isn't as OP as it was at launch...

This is expected stuff, buffs and nerfs are normal.. i dunno maybe I'm more used to it because I played a lot of wow in the past.. shit "best class" could change multiple times during a single expansion. Best thing to do is just play what you like and sometimes your up and sometimes your down.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69904 Posts

You are telling me that gamers online are overreacting? Nah!😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

@Pedro said:

You are telling me that gamers online are overreacting? Nah!😂

I'm not overreacting, YOU'RE not reacting ENOUGH! In fact, you make me want to VOMIT!

RABBLE RABBLE!

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah same here. This is just dumb.

the arpg came out last month.. eventually patches were on the way... and nerfs and buffs are expected throughout the game life cycle.

The irony here is the only people "upset" are the people that somehow put 200h+ into the game already and are super salty that their meta build they have been working on "necro bone spear class or ice shard sorc build" isn't as OP as it was at launch...

This is expected stuff, buffs and nerfs are normal.. i dunno maybe I'm more used to it because I played a lot of wow in the past.. shit "best class" could change multiple times during a single expansion. Best thing to do is just play what you like and sometimes your up and sometimes your down.

I think that's pretty spot on.

I've come to enjoy these shakeups. Sure, it can be annoying at times, but I like when they sort of redo class dynamics and stuff. Encourages different builds, and it's generally temporary; the goal is to eventually make EVERY kind of build viable, not force people into unbalanced ideal builds while neglecting others.

This is just growing pains.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

When the TC has to use Dreamcastguy as a source you know the thread is a huge stinky pile of turd and needs to be ignored

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro  Online

@mrbojangles25: 😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@mrbojangles25: C'mon man you've been here long enough to know that daredevil is a butthurt cow that will post anything negative about MS/Xbox, even if it has nothing to do with them. He's one of the few here who can put 2 + 2 and get 7 🤣

Shame on you for falling for it lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Typical of a game that demands your time and you build a character's progression a particular way and then in an update they invalidate all your hard work, either by nerfing skills/abilities and/or the weapons/gear. I've thrown in the towel on a number of games after such changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

So why are people triggered? I currently have 90 hours in this game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

I do like this drama lmao.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@kvallyx: The game was going to make hella bank based solely on the name. HOWEVER, if the users are indeed this angry, that's going to cause issues in the future. This is the problem with trying to make absolutely everything a "live service" title - You need constant income to justify development. Let's not forget that Anthem sold well initially as well.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Diablo 4 was ruined by releasing as a casualised, streamlined and watered down woke game catering to everyone with its shitty enemy level scaling ensuring everyone can have the same experience, communistically.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

:P

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

Seeing the OP feeling completely destroyed by a business acquisition is going to be entertaining.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

It's gotten to a point where it feels like buying a game at launch is early adopting. Games either need a lot of fixes, or needs balances and tweaks, or it simply releases without enough content.

I get that publishers release games prematurely because they're too costly to put them on hold until they're actually good enough, but they ask for a lot of money for these games.

For me, that's a plus in Gamepass's corner, because it's like, what am I paying for here.

For example, I like the new AEW game, but it needs fixes and tweaks across the board and a lot more content. I might be more in favour of the "seasons" model now, because I'd rather pay in £15-£20 increments for 3 or 4 seasons as they actually complete the game than pay £50 - £70 straight up which is a lot for a clearly unfinished product.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Now that MSoft owns Akblizz Sony Fan will be out in full force bashing games.

It’s a sad life for them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro  Online

@HalcyonScarlet: I am not sure the context with Diablo 4.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1312 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Now that MSoft owns Akblizz Sony Fan will be out in full force bashing games.

It’s a sad life for them.

as Xbox and Pc gamers search space for a new planet in Starfield Sony fanpeople will be searching the bottom of a barrel for a new narrative.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

Blizzard is famous for nerfs. They always nerf and balance, nothing new

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

I think they just hate Microsoft buying Activision-Blizzard

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Pedro said:

@HalcyonScarlet: I am not sure the context with Diablo 4.

Just the early problems and teething issues (first patches). I was just thinking it might be worth waiting before picking up games these days.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Diablo 4 was ruined by releasing as a casualised, streamlined and watered down woke game catering to everyone with its shitty enemy level scaling ensuring everyone can have the same experience, communistically.