More patching problems on 360: Konami cancels Silent Hill HD patch on 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

This can't be a coincidence anymore after Phil Fish from Fez, Tim Shafer from Double Fine and in the distant past Valve and John Carmack have spoken up about the backwardass gimped way of Microsoft handling patches on their console. It's time to chemotherapy that cancer to gaming into oblivion. The patch was possible on PS3, so why not on the 360? Could it be perhaps the insane amount of costs and needlessly long certification process needed for greenlighting a patch on a 360?

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/konami-not-patching-silent-hill-hd-on-xbox-360-because-well-its-hard/4320/

I'll update it if anything more is said about the cause of this, allthough we pretty much all know what that is...the cancer to gaming that is called Microsoft. Lemmings sure have it hard. No games, no patches, no online gameplay. Time for Sony to hit the weak point of the GIANT ENEMY CRAB for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.

You obviously didn't learn your zodiac signs, did you?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
So it's M$'s fault these dev's are putting out a gimp product on the Xbox... and it's "hard" to fix their gimp product. :|
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.

You failed too look up what cancer could mean. :D
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.

Yeah I'm sure you mean it in that way.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Superior service!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

MS is not a cancer to the gaming industry.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blabadon
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Cancer to gaming that is Microsoft" Yeah... no.

You obviously didn't learn your zodiac signs, did you?

No, the education system failed me in that sense.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

lol at lems AGAIN

pwned-DH.jpg

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]Michael0134567

I even put CRAB in all caps in the last sentence...
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You failed too look up what cancer could mean. :D

I even put CRAB in all caps in the last sentence...

Okay.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Its a sham that Konami released the game in such a shlt state, and to know say no to any possibility of a patch is ridiculous. They should offer a refund then.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Yes, let's blame Microsoft for Konami putting out a broken game and refusing to patch it. That makes sense.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrTrafalgarLaw

Yes, let's blame Microsoft for Konami putting out a broken game and refusing to patch it. That makes sense.

The_Game21x
They patched it on the PS3, what do you mean they refuse it? Unless they only had the money to patch 1 version, which I highly doubt since it's Konami and not some poor 1-man indie game developer living on 99 cents noodles each day, I really think the problem lies with Microcockblock.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

They patched it on the PS3, what do you mean they refuse it? Unless they only had the money to patch 1 version, which I highly doubt since it's Konami and not some poor 1-man indie game developer living on 99 cents noodles each day, I really think the problem lies with Microcockblock.

According to your own link:

"plans for an XBOX®360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources."

Now where in your link does it even imply that Microsoft is at fault? And even if it was, sounds like they should've spent a little more time working out the kinks before releasing it. Seeing as Microsoft didn't publish or develop the game, they aren't to blame.

Now I know fanboys such as yourself are quick to blame everything from them tripping and falling down the stairs to their dog dying on Microsoft, this doesn't seem to be Microsoft's fault.

T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

"plans for an XBOX®360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources."

Now where in your link does it even imply that Microsoft is at fault? And even if it was, sounds like they should've spent a little more time working out the kinks before releasing it. Seeing as Microsoft didn't publish or develop the game, they aren't to blame.

Now I know fanboys such as yourself are quick to blame everything from them tripping and falling down the stairs to their dog dying on Microsoft, this doesn't seem to be Microsoft's fault.

Agreed, the TC's reading comprehension skills are not very good, or the TC has massive fanboy goggles.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] They patched it on the PS3, what do you mean they refuse it? Unless they only had the money to patch 1 version, which I highly doubt since it's Konami and not some poor 1-man indie game developer living on 99 cents noodles each day, I really think the problem lies with Microcockblock.T-Aldous

Agreed, the TC's reading comprehension skills are not very good, or the TC has massive fanboy goggles.

The "technical issues" excuse is probably just PR speak. It would not be surprising if $$$ is the real issue. Actually we know $$$ is the issue because whatever "technical issues" they are having could surely be overcome with some effort and man-hours.

My guess is that MS developer/patch fees are taking up too much of the budget that could be dedicated towards a patch, so they can't fix the problem with the limited budget that is leftover. The result is to throw their hands up and say to hell with it, while PR blames "technical issues" instead of outright blaming MS. Some of the other developers that came out have basically broken off ties with MS in favor of going the steam/digital distribution route in the future, so they will say whatever the f$%^ they want (the truth). Konami of course being primarly a console developer wants to keep working with MS, so they are not going to step on any toes by directly calling out MS.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

When the thing that's meant to fix technical issues is cancelled due to technical issues, someone done f*cked up.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="T-Aldous"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

2Chalupas

The "technical issues" excuse is probably just PR speak. It would not be surprising if $$$ is the real issue. Actually we know $$$ is the issue because whatever "technical issues" they are having could surely be overcome with some effort and man-hours.

My guess is that MS developer/patch fees are taking up too much of the budget that could be dedicated towards a patch, so they can't fix the problem with the limited budget that is leftover. The result is to throw their hands up and say to hell with it, while PR blames "technical issues" instead of outright blaming MS. Some of the other developers that came out have basically broken off ties with MS in favor of going the steam/digital distribution route in the future, so they will say whatever the f$%^ they want (the truth). Konami of course being primarly a console developer wants to keep working with MS, so they are not going to step on any toes by directly calling out MS.

The first patch is free. Konami don't want to spend the time and money to get it up to scratch on the 360. They obviously had a harder time getting the games running on xbox hardware than playstation hardware, thus meaning they had a lot more work to do in making the patch.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

"We can't fix technical issues because of technical issues"

That makes Microsoft a cancer, yeah ok.

Well gee, who wrote the operating system that Steam runs on?

lol

MS is so terrible you can't stop using their stuff.

Why not just call a spade a spade and just say "Konami don't feel like spending $50k to put out a patch." But they sure loved getting millions from selling the game didn't they.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

It is to be expected, it's Microsoft, the cancer of gaming.

Lems just got pwned. They had it coming.

Lol @ people saying they are not cancer of gaming. Of course they are! They are ruining gaming with their stupid casual trash and trying hard to make their crappy console into a "media hub". It's ridiculous. The gaming industry will feel the fresh of clean air when Microsoft goes under.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

"We can't fix technical issues because of technical issues"

That makes Microsoft a cancer, yeah ok.

Well gee, who wrote the operating system that Steam runs on?

lol

MS is so terrible you can't stop using their stuff.

Why not just call a spade a spade and just say "Konami don't feel like spending $50k to put out a patch." But they sure loved getting millions from selling the game didn't they.

ZombieKiller7

Steam is jumping off from the sinking ship that is MS/Windows and move on to Linux ;)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blabadon

Lol @ people saying they are not cancer of gaming. Of course they are! They are ruining gaming with their stupid casual trash and trying hard to make their crappy console into a "media hub". It's ridiculous. The gaming industry will feel the fresh of clean air when Microsoft goes under.

GamerwillzPS
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285700/sony-casual-gaming-a-market-we-simply-cannot-neglect/
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Blabadon

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285700/sony-casual-gaming-a-market-we-simply-cannot-neglect/

Well, that sucks.

There's always a PC to go when things goes bad. F**king casuals... :evil:

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Blabadon

Lol. Seriously cows, when are you going to realize that this isn't just MS? If anyone is to blame, it is Nintendo for starting this awful casual trend. But oh no, we have too much love and nostalgia for Nintendo to ever accuse them of being bad for gaming. And also, if any company is going under, its Sony, not MS. MS makes tens of Billions in revenue every year, while Sony has been in the red since 2006.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Plagueless

Lol. Seriously cows, when are you going to realize that this isn't just MS? If anyone is to blame, it is Nintendo for starting this awful casual trend. But oh no, we have too much love and nostalgia for Nintendo to ever accuse them of being bad for gaming. And also, if any company is going under, its Sony, not MS. MS makes tens of Billions in revenue every year, while Sony has been in the red since 2006.

Well, I will admit that PS4 is going to really suck if it revolves around casuals and I will be 100% PC gamer.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Well, that sucks.

Yes. There you go. Finally a post without fanboy goggles. You should try it more often. I think we're going to see an explosion in the PC gaming market in a few years, because real gamers WILL get sick of this crap, and they will move to the platform where they can avoid it, the PC. I'm planning on building a PC in November after a 7-year hiatus due to $$$ and college. Once again, blame Nintendo for this. They led the charge at the casuals with the Wii back in '06, and boy did the industry change.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

The funny thing is even after the patch the PS3 version is still suffering from more crashes and glitches than the 360 version.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285700/sony-casual-gaming-a-market-we-simply-cannot-neglect/Plagueless

Well, that sucks.

Yes. There you go. Finally a post without fanboy goggles. You should try it more often. I think we're going to see an explosion in the PC gaming market in a few years, because real gamers WILL get sick of this crap, and they will move to the platform where they can avoid it, the PC. I'm planning on building a PC in November after a 7-year hiatus due to $$$ and college. Once again, blame Nintendo for this. They led the charge at the casuals with the Wii back in '06, and boy did the industry change.

You won't regret building a new PC. I built my first gaming rig 2 weeks ago and I have no regrets at all. PC gaming is awesome!

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
xbl superior service :cry: appropriate link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OXRi28W-ENY#t=52s
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285700/sony-casual-gaming-a-market-we-simply-cannot-neglect/Plagueless

Well, that sucks.

Sony is also catering to the "core"-gamers, as much as I despise that vague term. Casual gamers are gamers too. Microhardboiledsoftcock is going 100% casual while Sony is keeping two distinct paths, one for casuals and one for core gamers. But that's not the real topic at hand. The topic at hand is why more and more developers are having a hard time with the 360, indies as wel as large devs and publishers. That will ultimately only damage gaming and we need to stop it.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Well, that sucks.

GamerwillzPS

Sony is also catering to the "core"-gamers, as much as I despise that vague term. Casual gamers are gamers too. Microhardboiledsoftcock is going 100% casual while Sony is keeping two distinct paths, one for casuals and one for core gamers. But that's not the real topic at hand. The topic at hand is why more and more developers are having a hard time with the 360, indies as wel as large devs and publishers. That will ultimately only damage gaming and we need to stop it.

Halo 4. Gears Judgement. Forza Horizon. Minecraft. Alan Wake. and the Hundreds of XBLA core titles. (One in particular coming out in a few weeks: Dust: an Elysian Tale.) MS is supporting core, they just aren't pushing new ip's. Sony has had next to nothing in 2012. What, Twisted Metal and Starhawk? Add in LBP Karting and Wonderbook and you're set, Right? Next year Sony is going to push GoW, which is another sequel, The new Quantic Dream game (can't remember the name because it was so boring) which will be another interactive movie, and maybe, just maybe, The Last Guardian (Doubt it though) So tell me, how exactly is Sony catering to the "core" gamers anymore than MS atm?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

So it's M$'s fault these dev's are putting out a gimp product on the Xbox... and it's "hard" to fix their gimp product. :|OhSnapitz

no but it's theur fault for charging insane ammounts of money when a dev wants to fix their games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

GamerwillzPS
Dude you're just a dumb@ss That's all
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#37 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

super600
Sure they are....have been for years since they shut down or forced all their first party devs to make 360 games instead of pc games, then butchered them. Rest in peace Ensemble, Aces, FASA, etc.... You are surly missed. and lol and all the lemmings approving of their patching practices. M$ would charge you 10x for live and these people would still defend them... lol.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#39 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

GamerwillzPS

The Cancer of gaming?:lol:

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

MS IS at fault. They are ALWAYS at fault. Yesterday my basketball team lost 3 out of 5 games, my softball team lost the 2nd game of a double header and today my volleyball team lost 2 both games. DAMN MS is pure evil. We would have won if not for that evil cancer that is Microsoft.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="super600"]

Midnightshade29
Sure they are....have been for years since they shut down or forced all their first party devs to make 360 games instead of pc games, then butchered them. Rest in peace Ensemble, Aces, FASA, etc.... You are surly missed. and lol and all the lemmings approving of their patching practices. M$ would charge you 10x for live and these people would still defend them... lol.

You forgot Digital Anvil...games like Freelancer man...I still can't believe they are wasting such great IP's in order to make shooters for 12 year old kids entering puberty. That's exactly why they are an ugly priapismic, phimotic, epispadic, herpetic phallus to gaming. It's bad enough that they only focus on shooters now, but they also do not give others a chance to work on their IP's. It's all about the money. Valve calls Microsoft a trainwreck/dentrimental to gaming.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
So it's M$'s fault these dev's are putting out a gimp product on the Xbox... and it's "hard" to fix their gimp product. :|OhSnapitz
pretty much. maybe devs should, idk, make sure their games work right before they release them?
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

You get what you....oh wait :lol:

Edit: perfect companion to thishttp://www.giantbomb.com/news/hybrid-launches-unlaunches-as-developers-deal-with-server-issues/4319/

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

this is more konami's fault for not actually porting the collection correctly in the first place.

Dont blame the tools if the person cant use them correctly.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

kozzy1234

The Cancer of gaming?:lol:

the real cancer of gaming is idiots like him how blindly follow a company as if it were a cult.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Game21x

Edit: perfect companion to thishttp://www.giantbomb.com/news/hybrid-launches-unlaunches-as-developers-deal-with-server-issues/4319/

senses_fail_06

Already fixed

"Update: 5th Cell has told Joystiq the issue has been fixed, and the game will be back on Xbox Live tonight. Creative director Jeremiah Slaczka issued this statement:

'We have worked with Microsoft to diagnose and resolve the server issue surrounding Hybrid. Our entire team appreciates the overwhelming response of fans logging in on day-1 and for bearing with us during this short downtime. We expect a smooth gameplay experience from here on out.'"

Damn Microsoft, working with a developer to get a game's issues resolved within hours of the problems being reported! :x

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

The_Game21x

Already fixed

"Update: 5th Cell has told Joystiq the issue has been fixed, and the game will be back on Xbox Live tonight. Creative director Jeremiah Slaczka issued this statement:

'We have worked with Microsoft to diagnose and resolve the server issue surrounding Hybrid. Our entire team appreciates the overwhelming response of fans logging in on day-1 and for bearing with us during this short downtime. We expect a smooth gameplay experience from here on out.'"

Damn Microsoft, working with a developer to get a game's issues resolved within hours of the problems being reported! :x

Well there goes their one free patch (conceivably). Next one will cost em 40k...hopefully nothing breaks again.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

senses_fail_06

Already fixed

Well there goes their one free patch (conceivably). Next one will cost em 40k...hopefully nothing breaks again.

The error was server side, IE didn't require a title update.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

senses_fail_06

Already fixed

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/sony-now-charging-publishers-for-ps3-downloadable-content/

Sony's fees add a new expense. For a demo that is sized at exactly 1GB and is downloaded one million times, that would add an extra $160,000 that Sony is now charging and that, according to publishing sources, Microsoft isn't. That's what could scare publishers from placing content on the PS

yeeah...lets see how we spin this one, effectively Sony's worse in senses you cant try before you buy stop posting drivel btw your giving an immense band a bad name,