Modern Warfare 2 Enlists the Biggest Military Force on the Planet

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PRT-CCM
Member since 2009 • 149 Posts
Over 8 million soldiers battled each other in Infinity Ward's hot Modern Warfare 2 in the game's first week of release, only. - http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1052313p1.html Modern Warfare 2 Enlists Largest Gaming Army More than eight million players sign up in the first week. December 4, 2009 - If world conflicts were settled by the number of players actively participating in Call of Duty, Activision would probably be the most dominate force on the planet. But unfortunately for them, wars are not settled that way. The company has revealed more than eight million gamers have played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during the first week of its release. By comparison, that outnumbers the world's top-five armed forces combined, as the publisher points out below: # More than twice the number of troops in NATO's 28 member countries combined (3.9 million active troops in NATO) # More than three times the number of troops in the world's largest army (People's Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million) # More than five times the number of active duty military personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force combined (1.4 million) # More than six times the size of India's Armed Forces (1.3 million) # More than seven times the size of North Korea's Korean People's Army (1.1 million) # And, eight times the size of personnel in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (1 million) - http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1052313p1.html That's one huge Rofl aimed at China, Russia and the USA. /Own3d by Infinity Ward and Activision.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
Because... playing a game is the same exprience as a military drill..
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PRT-CCM
Because... playing a game is the same exprience as a military drill..Sollet
If the Modern Warfare 2 army got a weapon and fought the China army, the Chinese people would have been slaughtered, in all likelihood. This is how powerful Modern Warfare 2 is.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sollet
[QUOTE="Sollet"]Because... playing a game is the same exprience as a military drill..PRT-CCM
If the Modern Warfare 2 army got a weapon and fought the China army, the Chinese people would have been slaughtered, in all likelihood. This is how powerful Modern Warfare 2 is.

This must be a joke thread.
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PRT-CCM
[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Sollet"]Because... playing a game is the same exprience as a military drill..Sollet

8,000,000 (only in 1 week, and growing) Vs. 2,300,000 Look at the numbers, decide which side you're on, then tell me it's a joke.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sollet
[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] If the Modern Warfare 2 army got a weapon and fought the China army, the Chinese people would have been slaughtered, in all likelihood. This is how powerful Modern Warfare 2 is.PRT-CCM

8,000,000 (only in 1 week, and growing) Vs. 2,300,000 Look at the numbers, decide which side you're on, then tell me it's a joke.

Well at least the chinese army has no fear of bad connection and banhammers.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

yeah as said cause playing a game is the same as the military.I mean very little of the people who play these games could command since they run n gun and would think the chopper is computer controlled...

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PRT-CCM
[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Sollet"] This must be a joke thread.Sollet

Well at least the chinese army has no fear of bad connection and banhammers.

OK, funny, though it has nothing to do with the subject. :)
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PRT-CCM

yeah as said cause playing a game is the same as the military.I mean very little of the people who play these games could command since they run n gun and would think the chopper is computer controlled...

razgriz_101
Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sollet
Sure it does, if Chinese military blows up IWs servers all 8 million soldiers would D/C.
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PRT-CCM
Sure it does, if Chinese military blows up IWs servers all 8 million soldiers would D/C.Sollet
I'm not sure the Chinese army is even capable of that.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.PRT-CCM
You don't have much experience with real firearms, do you?
Modern Warfare 2 the closest thing to realistic warfare? :lol: Laughable.

HermitQ6600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HermitQ6600
Member since 2009 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="Sollet"]Sure it does, if Chinese military blows up IWs servers all 8 million soldiers would D/C.PRT-CCM
I'm not sure the Chinese army is even capable of that.

They are good at banging on drums

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
Half the people would break their arms trying to fire a sniper rifle
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.Doom_HellKnight

Think whatever you want. It's probably the truth, and the point still stands; the game teaches them how to use weapons.
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doom_HellKnight

Half the people would break their arms trying to fire a sniper riflesalxis
I also forsee a major case of scope eye. That, and bruised shoulders.

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="salxis"]Half the people would break their arms trying to fire a sniper rifleDoom_HellKnight

I think they would outnumber the Chinese power, and knife half the Chinese army, then use the automatic weapons to mow them down. Exactly like the civilians in the airport scene, the Chinese people would be helpless. Therefore, don't mess with the Modern Warfare 2 army, if you don't want trouble.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 salxis

[QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"]

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.PRT-CCM

Think whatever you want. It's probably the truth, and the point still stands; the game teaches them how to use weapons.

Yeah, a SMG that's as accurate as a rifle in long range, very realistic :roll:

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 salxis

[QUOTE="salxis"]Half the people would break their arms trying to fire a sniper riflePRT-CCM

I think they would outnumber the Chinese power, and knife half the Chinese army, then use the automatic weapons to mow them down. Exactly like the civilians in the airport scene, the Chinese people would be helpless. Therefore, don't mess with the Modern Warfare 2 army, if you don't want trouble.

Even a MG 42 could stop hundreds if you run around with a knife
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"] You don't have much experience with real firearms, do you?

salxis

Yeah, a SMG that's as accurate as a rifle in long range, very realistic :roll:

Anything is possible, if you're a good aimer - like in all other things.
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Doom_HellKnight

Think whatever you want. It's probably the truth, and the point still stands; the game teaches them how to use weapons.PRT-CCM
Watching weapons being portrayed and fired in a videogame is incredibly different from firing one in real life, coming from someone that does both. But I'll let you sit and fester in a pool of your own ignorance.

Anything is possible, if you're a good aimer - like in all other things.PRT-CCM

Modern Warfare 2 doesn't take bullet drop or wind speed/direction into account. Unfortunately, reality does.

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Think whatever you want. It's probably the truth, and the point still stands; the game teaches them how to use weapons.Doom_HellKnight

Watching weapons being portrayed and fired in a videogame is incredibly different from firing one in real life, coming from someone that does both. But I'll let you sit and fester in a pool of your own ignorance.

Modern Warfare 2 doesn't take bullet drop or wind speed/direction into account. Unfortunately, reality does.

I doubt anyone who's done both would claim such a thing. That said, have a good day. I really hope one day, the Modern Warfare 2 army declares war on the republic of China, and we'll see who ends up being a winner.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.PRT-CCM

:lol: System Wars never ceases to stagger me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nao i just need to release my mindbending software through IWnet and i'm settled. 8 Million potential Javelin glitch explosions muhahahahahahaha.

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Watching weapons being portrayed and fired in a videogame is incredibly different from firing one in real life, coming from someone that does both. But I'll let you sit and fester in a pool of your own ignorance.

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"]

I doubt anyone who's done both would claim such a thing. That said, have a good day. I really hope one day, the Modern Warfare 2 army declares war on the republic of China, and we'll see who ends up being a winner.

China would win. They have access to missiles without the need for a kill streak.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 salxis

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] Watching weapons being portrayed and fired in a videogame is incredibly different from firing one in real life, coming from someone that does both. But I'll let you sit and fester in a pool of your own ignorance.

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"]

You do realize war is not a joke right? and trust me, in RL bullets don't travel perfectly straight and hits your targets instantly

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"]

Stats_

China would win. They have access to missiles without the need for a kill streak.

It's men vs. men, with weapons and no missiles allowed. No cheating, it's all about the manpower, not some cheaty machine that does all the thing. You're just afriad of the fact that the Modern Warfare 2 army would have won and beatedn China.
Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stats_

[QUOTE="Stats_"]

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] I doubt anyone who's done both would claim such a thing. That said, have a good day. I really hope one day, the Modern Warfare 2 army declares war on the republic of China, and we'll see who ends up being a winner.PRT-CCM

It's men vs. men, with weapons and no missiles allowed. No cheating, it's all about the manpower, not some cheaty machine that does all the thing. You're just afriad of the fact that the Modern Warfare 2 army would have won and beatedn China.

Man Power? That cuts about 70% of the COD population, as most of them are in fact children.

Plus, in times of war, China would draft in soldiers by the millions, far outnumbering COD players.

Wait ... am i actually taking you serious?

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Stats_"]

Stats_

Man Power? That cuts about 70% of the COD population, as most of them are in fact children.

Plus, in times of war, China would draft in soldiers by the millions, far outnumbering COD players.

Um, all the players could be considered soldiers, since they're playing a highly realistic military game, that could easily be compared to Real Life. And the Chinese army is only 2,3 million strong, not "millions upon milllions". Those are the soldiers, the rest are children that haven't been taught how to use a weapon and women
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

PRT-CCM

Das excuses... I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems at all controlling a gun IRL, and fighting, since they're playing Modern Warfare 2 (the closest we can get to real, realistic warfare). Besides, the chinese army is all about quantity, not quality.

bold = LOL.

you played Arma II thats realistic CoD is a run n gun and nowhere like real warfare im sorry but what.And guns do not handle as if they would in CoD i can bet not everyone would be able to akimbo 2 sawnoffs thats just faantasy not realistic at all.

Sorry sir but your fanboy logic mentality just screwed you over.13 year olds cant distingush a lot its a sad truth i was there once :(

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Stats_

[QUOTE="Stats_"]

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] It's men vs. men, with weapons and no missiles allowed. No cheating, it's all about the manpower, not some cheaty machine that does all the thing. You're just afriad of the fact that the Modern Warfare 2 army would have won and beatedn China.PRT-CCM

Um, all the players could be considered soldiers, since they're playing a highly realistic military game, that could easily be compared to Real Life. And the Chinese army is only 2,3 million strong, not "millions upon milllions". Those are the soldiers, the rest are children that haven't been taught how to use a weapon and women

Hahahah Lol.

This ***** crazy

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Right....call me when we have the ability to auto-regenerate health and I'd gladly pick up a weapon and join the fight. Oh, and I'd like that SMG that can kill people from miles away. Meanwhile, thanks for the laugh TC.
PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PRT-CCM

[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

bold = LOL.

you played Arma II thats realistic CoD is a run n gun and nowhere like real warfare im sorry but what.And guns do not handle as if they would in CoD i can bet not everyone would be able to akimbo 2 sawnoffs thats just faantasy not realistic at all.

Sorry sir but your fanboy logic mentality just screwed you over.13 year olds cant distingush a lot its a sad truth i was there once :(

Yes they can. We're talking about a messy area, not a huge on. The Chinese would be far outnumbered by the 10 million soldiers running toward them with knives and weapons. And while there are millions standing far aaway with Barrets and Invententions and sniping anyone NOT hiding, the rest ofthe millions could rush and do like SWAT, but use knives instead, to shove it up their throtes.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

bold = LOL.

Yes they can. We're talking about a messy area, not a huge on. The Chinese would be far outnumbered by the 10 million soldiers running toward them with knives and weapons. And while there are millions standing far aaway with Barrets and Invententions and sniping anyone NOT hiding, the rest ofthe millions could rush and do like SWAT, but use knives instead, to shove it up their throtes.

Oh yes, I'm quite confident you have no idea how reality works.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="PRT-CCM"] If the Modern Warfare 2 army got a weapon and fought the China army, the Chinese people would have been slaughtered, in all likelihood. This is how powerful Modern Warfare 2 is.PRT-CCM

About 5,000,000 of those are untrained and elitest, scrubby, irritating, unfit and unhealthy kids with no teamwork skills. If it was up to those people to defend or attack countries it would result in probably the most humiliating defeat of all time.

PC gamers on the other hand :P

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

This is just the thread to cheer me up. Don't you ever change System Wars.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Over 8 million soldiers battled each other in Infinity Ward's hot Modern Warfare 2 in the game's first week of release, only. - http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1052313p1.html Modern Warfare 2 Enlists Largest Gaming Army More than eight million players sign up in the first week. December 4, 2009 - If world conflicts were settled by the number of players actively participating in Call of Duty, Activision would probably be the most dominate force on the planet. But unfortunately for them, wars are not settled that way. The company has revealed more than eight million gamers have played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during the first week of its release. By comparison, that outnumbers the world's top-five armed forces combined, as the publisher points out below: # More than twice the number of troops in NATO's 28 member countries combined (3.9 million active troops in NATO) # More than three times the number of troops in the world's largest army (People's Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million) # More than five times the number of active duty military personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force combined (1.4 million) # More than six times the size of India's Armed Forces (1.3 million) # More than seven times the size of North Korea's Korean People's Army (1.1 million) # And, eight times the size of personnel in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (1 million) - http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1052313p1.html That's one huge Rofl aimed at China, Russia and the USA. /Own3d by Infinity Ward and Activision.PRT-CCM

I'm sorry but the Russians are...

lol wut

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

bold = LOL.

you have no clue how warfare works......your ideology is flawed beyond belief looks like a career in the military is ruled out for you.Really this aint run n gun were talkin bout war is diffrent from CoD.

Besides the Chinese have a mandatory draft if your eligable they could literally triple even quadrouple their army size if need be.Im sorry you didnt do research but maybe its better to do so than talk like you know a lot when you think MW2 is realistic im being honest thats so flawed it would make the British plan to invade and keep control of iraq look amazing without any flaws.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

when world war 3 kicks off and im forced to fight through conscription, after like 20 years experience of playing video game shooters ill be one of the best soldiers in the world. this is fact

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
"We are the most powerful military force in the history of man" lol... The mw2 army would probably end up killing each other due to all the friendly fire since most players don't play hardcore modes and will die from attempts to use the javelin glitch.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

PRT-CCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55zawUndP50

go to 58 seconds. Bullets do drop. MW2 is far from the most realistic thing. Even the developers have said they sacrificed some realism for fun.

The MW2 army wouldn't last a second on the battlefield.

b1lal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 b1lal
Member since 2007 • 1122 Posts
This is one of the better threads in system wars
darthvader1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darthvader1993
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

This thread makes me LOL.

Pulling the right and lefttriggersis pretty damn different than:

-Knowing how to clean andoperate your weapon, plus carrying the ****ton of supplies.

-In real life you don't respawn, lol GG.

This is a very entertaining thread, and it is obvious the TC is "high on shrooms"

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="PRT-CCM"][QUOTE="Sollet"]Because... playing a game is the same exprience as a military drill..Sollet

Sure seems like it.
lm2f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lm2f
Member since 2007 • 1272 Posts
Did Propaganda_ get a new alt?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

8 million untrained and possibly out of shape kids could beat a trained army because they play unrealistic video games? I'm certain this is a joke thread

PRT-CCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PRT-CCM

8 million untrained and possibly out of shape kids could beat a trained army because they play unrealistic video games? I'm certain this is a joke thread

toast_burner
8 million kids? You're saying this without providing us with facts? You're joking, right...?
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
PROPAGANDA alt thread nothing to see here
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

PRT-CCM

8 million kids? You're saying this without providing us with facts? You're joking, right...?

can you supply facts that every one who plays MW2 has military training and knows how to use a gun?

Also CoDhas the worst online community out of every online shooter, play any game on MW2 and i can guarantee its mainly populated by 12-15 year olds. do you really think they will be able to work as a team to fight back against an army?