Miyamoto --- The most overrated video game developer of all time

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
[QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Mudig"]Lame, he is pretty overrated. I mean if you think about it, his version of DK wasn't original at all so then Rare makes him look more original and Miyamoto bashes them for doing that. Well he is the big fool since DK's image which it is known for now days was from Rare. ithilgore2006
Yeah, since he only ever made Donkey Kong, right? Geez, how blind we've all been, he really is so overrated, because Dk Counrty really was the high point of gameplay, and he didn't make it. /sarcasm.

Yup, he is a jerk and hasn't done anything ever since N64's Super Mario. He is a dried out monkey.

Er, what industry have you been watching since Super Mario 64 out?

I just have never been a fan. The reason why I know Super Mario 64 is great is because I chose an N64 instead of PS. It was a bad move, because I remember feeling left out when all those games were available on the ps but not on N64. I did enjoy Super Mario 64 and Turok 2, they were the best.

That's nothing to do with Miyamoto's games, however.

Sure, but I am not going to praise the guy who tried to tell Rare that they made a crappy game. He said that Americans would buy any game with great graphics. He didn't want to admit that Rare made a great series and he wanted to take that away from them. I have seen the games he has made for Gamecube and all I have to say is that he is not god.

Those games that Rare made weren't paticularily good platformers, they sold well because of their then revolutionary graphics. Many developers and publications agree on this, it's not just Miyamoto.

No see this is where you are wrong. Donkey Kong series were great, everyone who played it loved it. I think also it's the fact that who Miyamoto acted during that interview with one of the Rare devs really meant that he didn't appreciate what they did for snes.