Microsoft: Xbox One buyers get Skype free for 6 months

  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by lundy86_4 (43866 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

Group video chat is FREE.

It is called PC, i can use whatever i want..

#YOLOSWAGGERSDEALWITHITBLAD

Incorrect. One person needs a premium acct.

#52 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

Group video chat is FREE.

It is called PC, i can use whatever i want..

#YOLOSWAGGERSDEALWITHITBLAD

Incorrect. One person needs a premium acct.

On Skype yes, but not on MSN o.0

Gmail.

enter name here

enter name here

enter name here

enter name here

#53 Posted by lundy86_4 (43866 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

Group video chat is FREE.

It is called PC, i can use whatever i want..

#YOLOSWAGGERSDEALWITHITBLAD

Incorrect. One person needs a premium acct.

On Skype yes, but not on MSN o.0

Gmail.

enter name here

enter name here

enter name here

enter name here

Are you talking Oovoo? It charges you for more than 3. Sh*t, be specific in your response. I have to guess what you are applying this to.

#54 Posted by clr84651 (5527 posts) -

Skype is free on my PC. I've used it 3 times and never paid for it.

#55 Posted by clr84651 (5527 posts) -

This topic is so lame, being about something on X1 that is free that has always been free to all on PC. Wow! Just Wow!

#56 Posted by gregbmil (2617 posts) -

Whats next, free Youtube!?

#57 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I am confused. I thought Skype was always free?

#58 Posted by Krelian-co (12089 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am confused. I thought Skype was always free?

You are correct, for normal people yes, for lems, it is behind paywalls by microsoft as internet explorer (lol).

#59 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Microsoft are clutching at straws here.

#60 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

Isn't skype already free? I mean I have never paid a penny for skype, and was having a call with 3 other SW posters at the same time only a couple of days ago now...

group video chat isn't free, nor are calls to phones

Ah right, fair enough. Do you use such a feature?

I don't think I ever would use either of those. Howe much is it normally for the premium?

I have only used skype for one on one video chat. I don't really have a need for group video chat. I guess calling phones would be useful for some people...

Looks like premium is $5 a month

#61 Posted by asylumni (2178 posts) -

Aren't gold members able to video chat with multiple people on the 360? I know you can on PS3, and was pretty sure you could on the 360. So now that MS owns Skype, you're limited (after the trial period)?

#62 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

skype 1 on 1 is free to use people... unless you call people in groups or call people.

#63 Edited by SolidTy (45095 posts) -

Wow, Free SKYPE if I have an Xbone and pay for Xbox Live Gold! Where do I sign up!!!

@Zophar87 said:

This should be free.

I've been using Skype for free for years as are hundreds of people I know...hahahaa. This is wonderful. HYPE still uses Skype, shoutout!

I wonder how long Youtube and Bing will remain free on Xbone?

This is a terrible PR spin. I don't blame the TC, I think it's the millions of dollars in Xbone marketing that fools many consumers into thinking this is some sort of amazing deal worthy of attention. If I was young enough, hell, I bet I would have thought this news was a thread worthy announcement.

For the record, we knew months ago that Skype was going to be on Xbone and it was behind a Gold paywall. It was bad news then. Today we find out there is a time limit for Skype on Xbone, lol. More bad news really for later consumers.

#64 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am confused. I thought Skype was always free?

You are correct, for normal people yes, for lems, it is behind paywalls by microsoft as internet explorer (lol).

Ouch.

#65 Edited by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

More value is never a bad thing.

#66 Edited by SolidTy (45095 posts) -

@asylumni said:

Aren't gold members able to video chat with multiple people on the 360? I know you can on PS3, and was pretty sure you could on the 360. So now that MS owns Skype, you're limited (after the trial period)?

Apparently...I've done video chats on 360 (Xbox Vision!!!) and PS3 with a lot of people. Hell, I did a four way video chat on PS3 launch day using the old PS2 eyetoy for shits and giggles.

Only M$ PR could spin this Skype limit as a good thing. Probably the best way to deliver bad news, I guess. Best case scenario, people defend and love the news.

#67 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Its pretty funny seeing all the cows come in here, not read the first post and then post the exact same thing.

yup...

#68 Posted by GravityX (715 posts) -

@shawn30: Xbox 1 really showing it's the best console ever created. As a cow I wish Sony was like MS.

#69 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

I can group video chat on my PS3 right now and pay nothing......

#70 Posted by Big_Pecks (5490 posts) -

Wow. That's extremely generous of them. They sure do appreciate the purchase.

#71 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

COWS obviously cant read.

#72 Edited by SolidTy (45095 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

skype 1 on 1 is free to use people... unless you call people in groups or call people.

This isn't true. Group chats are free on skype currently and have been for years. I use the feature on my phones/PC/Vita all the time for HYPE/friends/podcasts.

It's group video chats that would cost money.

#73 Posted by SpiderLuke (570 posts) -

Wait ... you have to pay for it ... ?

#74 Posted by super600 (30862 posts) -

Group video chat always costed money. I don;t know why some people are laughing at this?