Microsoft: The Xbox 360 won't be discontinued until 2016. Will not drop support!

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
:lol: Yeeeeaaa right. How are they gonna support it till 2016 when they aren't even supporting it now? It's been living off multiplats and arcade games for years now. The last exclusive they "supported" it with was the mediocre Gears Judgement (7.5 lol). Meanwhile PS3 has been getting games like TLOU, GT6 and Dragon's Crown. M$ are complete jokes.Kaz_Son
Been getting game not released. Forget those 5 other big name exclusives and 2 consoles exclusives for the 360 this same year as well, the hypocrisy!
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:lol: Yeeeeaaa right. How are they gonna support it till 2016 when they aren't even supporting it now? It's been living off multiplats and arcade games for years now. The last exclusive they "supported" it with was the mediocre Gears Judgement (7.5 lol). Meanwhile PS3 has been getting games like TLOU, GT6 and Dragon's Crown. M$ are complete jokes.Jakandsigz
So it's the PS2 8 years after launch? Oh no, that system did horr- oh wait.

Useless comparison. 8 years after the PS2 released the 360 was already on its third year and PS3 was on its second. The nextgen consoles aren't even out yet and M$ has already abandoned the 360 and they want us to believe that they'll "support" it till 2016 :lol:.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#53 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

The nextgen consoles aren't even out yet and M$ has already abandoned the 360 Kaz_Son
An odd thing to say considering Microsoft is still publishing and developing games for the Xbox 360 (especially considering the OP here in this thread).

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Kaz_Son

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:lol: Yeeeeaaa right. How are they gonna support it till 2016 when they aren't even supporting it now? It's been living off multiplats and arcade games for years now. The last exclusive they "supported" it with was the mediocre Gears Judgement (7.5 lol). Meanwhile PS3 has been getting games like TLOU, GT6 and Dragon's Crown. M$ are complete jokes.Jakandsigz
Been getting game not released. Forget those 5 other big name exclusives and 2 consoles exclusives for the 360 this same year as well, the hypocrisy!

LOL @ "big name and console exclusives" no one cares or knows about.

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kaz_Son

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]The nextgen consoles aren't even out yet and M$ has already abandoned the 360 Stevo_the_gamer

An odd thing to say considering Microsoft is still publishing and developing games for the Xbox 360 (especially considering the OP here in this thread).

Where are the big AAA exclsuives they are still publishing because I don't see them :|
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Haven't they already dropped the 360 games support? :|Stevo_the_gamer
Obviously not.

Where were the games this year?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]The nextgen consoles aren't even out yet and M$ has already abandoned the 360 Kaz_Son

Where are the big AAA exclsuives they are still publishing because I don't see them :|

Why are you limiting your scope to AAAEs? Does that mean the PS3 was abandoned too this year ? :?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Where were the games this year?

Here's a nice list.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Where were the games this year?

Here's a nice list.

Big pile of multiplats. I rest my point
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Where were the games this year?

Here's a nice list.

Big pile of multiplats. I rest my point

It'sok for you to speak truth about the crappy X1 but not me?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Big pile of multiplats. I rest my pointMonsieurX
There are "piles" of multiplats on every system. I don't see why that's a negative thing.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Big pile of multiplats. I rest my pointStevo_the_gamer

There are "piles" of multiplats on every system. I don't see why that's a negative thing.

But multiplat shouldn't count as M$ support

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

In 2016 the 360 is going to be 11 years old and the PS3 only 10. 

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
But multiplat shouldn't count as M$ supportMonsieurX
Exclusively, no, but it's a good thing that Microsoft remains optimistic in supporting the underlying structure and game support for the Xbox and Xbox Live. Of course, publishing content for the Xbox 360 and developing content is also important which is nice that the Xbox 360 will be receiving games like TitanFall, Project Spark, Zoo Tycoon, Fable, among others.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xhawk27

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] But multiplat shouldn't count as M$ supportStevo_the_gamer
Exclusively, no, but it's a good thing that Microsoft remains optimistic in supporting the underlying structure and game support for the Xbox and Xbox Live. Of course, publishing content for the Xbox 360 and developing content is also important which is nice that the Xbox 360 will be receiving games like TitanFall, Project Spark, Zoo Tycoon, Fable, among others.

Yeah the 360 is going to have some great games next year. I can't afford a next gen system right now so sticking to the current gen systems. 

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#66 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Dumb question. Does that mean they will stop stocking games and consoles in the shelf or does that mean Xbox live wont work in three years and I can't play online?
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 xhawk27

Dumb question. Does that mean they will stop stocking games and consoles in the shelf or does that mean Xbox live wont work in three years and I can't play online?caseypayne69

MS is making money on XBL so they are going to have it running for years after 2016 for 360 gamers. The first Xbox had games still running on XBL well after MS dropped support of it. 

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#68 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
So for those of us who are keeping our 360 we have 3 years to play and beat all our games, xbla games etc..
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Big pile of multiplats. I rest my pointMonsieurX

then that means sony doesnt support their systems either a year after the ps2 was released the ps1 saw no AAA 1st party support the same for the ps2 after ps3 was released. If the metric for "support" is "AAA" 1st party games then Sony is just as abysmal as Nintendo and Microsoft and If they are the same then it means the practice is a standard of gaming therefor its acceptable. Since the dawn of video games the standard practice has always been that a system saw major support from its developerfor 5-6 years Sony is no different in this practice so Im confused as to Why MS is being judged for it. P.S: Since a developer cant just up and release a game on the consoles without the OK from the system maker then it means that this system maker is doing something to make sure these game are released which equals support.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

THAT system still got exclusives... 360 is not lol
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] There are "piles" of multiplats on every system. I don't see why that's a negative thing.

WilliamRLBaker

then that means sony doesnt support their systems either a year after the ps2 was released the ps1 saw no AAA 1st party support the same for the ps2 after ps3 was released. If the metric for "support" is "AAA" 1st party games then Sony is just as abysmal as Nintendo and Microsoft and If they are the same then it means the practice is a standard of gaming therefor its acceptable. Since the dawn of video games the standard practice has always been that a system saw major support from its developerfor 5-6 years Sony is no different in this practice so Im confused as to Why MS is being judged for it. P.S: Since a developer cant just up and release a game on the consoles without the OK from the system maker then it means that this system maker is doing something to make sure these game are released which equals support.

Ps1 and PS2 had exclusives after their successors were released...
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Haven't they already dropped the 360 games support? :|MonsieurX
YUP!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Lol. I remember when cows used to blather on about how the 360 was only going to last as long as the Xbox.

ahh, good times. Cows.:)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:lol: Yeeeeaaa right. How are they gonna support it till 2016 when they aren't even supporting it now? It's been living off multiplats and arcade games for years now. The last exclusive they "supported" it with was the mediocre Gears Judgement (7.5 lol). Meanwhile PS3 has been getting games like TLOU, GT6 and Dragon's Crown. M$ are complete jokes.YoshiYogurt

Lol? Gears did not just come out? And there is a fable coming out? And there is a Fighting game coming out? And then you have World of tanks etc.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

And then you have World of tanks etc.Jakandsigz
NOT exclusive.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 YoshiYogurt

Lol. I remember when cows used to blather on about how the 360 was only going to last as long as the Xbox.

ahh, good times. Cows.:)

heretrix
It's been on life support since 2010. No good games in sight.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

The 360 stopped being supported 3 years ago, lol.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

The 360 will still get releases beyond 2016 in the form of third party. I could imagine 360 still selling well in the next few years. 

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kaz_Son

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] So it's the PS2 8 years after launch? Oh no, that system did horr- oh wait.Jakandsigz

Lol? Gears did not just come out? And there is a fable coming out? And there is a Fighting game coming out? And then you have World of tanks etc.

lol @ Gears, Fable, and a Kinect fighting game. Meanwhile PS3 is getting TLOU and GT6

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] THAT system still got exclusives... 360 is not lolKaz_Son

lol @ Gears, Fable, and a Kinect fighting game. Meanwhile PS3 is getting TLOU and GT6

The Last Of Flop :(
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]An odd thing to say considering Microsoft is still publishing and developing games for the Xbox 360 (especially considering the OP here in this thread).Stevo_the_gamer

Why are you limiting your scope to AAAEs? Does that mean the PS3 was abandoned too this year ? :?

PS3 got TLOU, widely considered to be a GOTY contender. Where is 360's exclusive GOTY contender? All it got was Gears (lol).
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] But multiplat shouldn't count as M$ supportYoshiYogurt

Ps1 and PS2 had exclusives after their successors were released...

Bullshit. PS1 was long dead and PS2 simply had PSP ports. A port doesn't equal an exclusive, dummy.
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Lol? Gears did not just come out? And there is a fable coming out? And there is a Fighting game coming out? And then you have World of tanks etc.MonsieurX

:cool: I can't hear you over the 95 MC score of TLOU. Luckily I live in the real world where TLOU is considered one of the best games ever and not on SW playing the metagame.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Lol? Gears did not just come out? And there is a fable coming out? And there is a Fighting game coming out? And then you have World of tanks etc.MonsieurX

Gears of Flop: Rehash
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]lol @ Gears, Fable, and a Kinect fighting game. Meanwhile PS3 is getting TLOU and GT6Kaz_Son

:cool: I can't hear you over the 95 MC score of TLOU. Luckily I live in the real world where TLOU is considered one of the best games ever and not on SW playing the metagame.

Can't hear your over the floppage Best game ever? http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2 lol
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]Where are the big AAA exclsuives they are still publishing because I don't see them :|Kaz_Son

PS3 got TLOU

Yeah, and it's an AAE.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why are you limiting your scope to AAAEs? Does that mean the PS3 was abandoned too this year ? :?Stevo_the_gamer
PS3 got TLOU

Yeah, and it's an AAE.

B-b-b-b-ut 95 MC!!11
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why are you limiting your scope to AAAEs? Does that mean the PS3 was abandoned too this year ? :?Stevo_the_gamer
PS3 got TLOU

Yeah, and it's an AAE.

Nah it's AAAE in the real world. Gears isn't even AA in the real world lol.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]PS3 got TLOUKaz_Son
Yeah, and it's an AAE.

This is Gamespot.
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] The Last Of Flop :(

Can't hear your over the floppage Best game ever? http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2 lol

Apparently, you can't read. I said "One of the best" not "the best". Jaysis, I know this is SW but chill out and read before you hit the reply button lol.
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Yeah, and it's an AAE.Stevo_the_gamer

This is Gamespot.

:cool: Sorry I only post on SW, I don't read or care about Gamespot's reviews.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#92 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="TheKingIAm"]They dropped support 3 years ago so what are they talking about?Jakandsigz
2010 was when big games like Alan Wake and tons of others were exclusive. It's been more like 2 years, compared to Sony's 3 of not having anything until 2009.

oh really? Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Pacific Rift, Wipout HD, Valkyria Chronicles, and Metal Gear Solid 4 were nothing.... hmmm nice to know...I thought they were all AA- AAAA games... and they all came out in 2007-2008... you lems perpetrated a lie to avoid shelling out money on the ps3, until it dropped to $299. It had games, you guys just made stupid lying memes and belived your own bull shyte.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]Nah it's AAAE in the real world. Gears isn't even AA in the real world lol.Kaz_Son
This is Gamespot.

Well, while you are here on Gamespot, you have to abide by the rules, not make up your own to fit your argument. You are risking moderation by ignoring the rules
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I don't read or care about Gamespot's reviews.Kaz_Son
Ironic.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

3rd party support is nice, but I'm not seeing the support 1st party wise. 

Nothing. 

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] This is Gamespot.

Well, while you are here on Gamespot, you have to abide by the rules, not make up your own to fit your argument. You are risking moderation by ignoring the rules

What rules? No where does it say I must read GS reviews or care for them? I go by user reviews on different sites and metacritic. GS is not the only site I post on and I can disagree with their reviews if I wish. It's a free world and I'm stating my opinion. I don't consider TLOU a flop and that's that. You guys are free to call it a flop if you want though but I don't consider it as one, that is all :cool:.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:cool: Sorry I only post on SW, I don't read or care about Gamespot's reviews.Kaz_Son

What rules? No where does it say I must read GS reviews or care for them? I go by user reviews on different sites and metacritic. GS is not the only site I post on and I can disagree with their reviews if I wish. It's a free world and I'm stating my opinion. I don't consider TLOU a flop and that's that. You guys are free to call it a flop if you want though but I don't consider it as one, that is all :cool:.

So then why cant SW as a whole use "other sites" for reviews............meaning 360 would have some AAA games?
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="navyguy21"] Well, while you are here on Gamespot, you have to abide by the rules, not make up your own to fit your argument. You are risking moderation by ignoring the rules

So then why cant SW as a whole use "other sites" for reviews............meaning 360 would have some AAA games?

I don't know or care. Whatever SW decides to do is up to SW. I'm just saying I don't play the metagame that you guys play around here. That's why you never see me in those hype threads because I don't care about "flops" or whatnot. I'm only here to argue about the systems and the general gaming consensus. The general consensus across most gaming websites is that M$ has been slacking with 1st party since 2011 and that's what I'm arguing about in this thread.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]I don't read or care about Gamespot's reviews.Stevo_the_gamer

Ironic.

because he is an alt account :cool: his other account is i_can_haz #DATBUTTHURTREPLYINCOMING :cool:
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]

Since when is a flop a bad game?