Microsoft: Naughty Dog Is "A Special Studio"

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@mbirdy88: oh you mean the games that NDs completely destroyed in metacritic reviews? How many goty awards did those games win? Face it, when it comes to games development ND >>> Valve

you mean like most flashy games that are short and ridiculously simple that critics love?

gone home... PC game of the year... bwhahahaa.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Even MS respects "Godly Dog". One of the smartest moves Sony ever did to invest in this studio.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Mbirdy88: ah, opinions. I don't care about yours and you don't care about mine. That's why we have things like metacritic. Therefore I win and you lose.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

well, that's good from Microsoft

TLOU is GOTG and can't wait to see what ND have for Ps4

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@uninspiredcup: lol no...not even close

Naughty Dog makes 2 shitty Tomb Raidery games. Valve revolutionizes digital distribution, indie gaming, free2play, early access. Creates a diverse 90+ metacritic game collection and practically invented all the scripted sequences games these days do badly (Naughty Dog included, obv).

Valve are better. You young console people need to learn some dam respect rather than flavor of the moment, it's sickening.

so valve is to blame for scripted sequences?

I hated that about episode 2, being confined to an area,

while a character I don't give a **** about,

barfs exposition at me

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

But Lems don't want ND making games for them because they say they flop like The Last of Us although it received 203 GotY awards. Lol!

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

If anything, Naughty Dog is special in that they've proven that good gameplay and Level design are irrelevant in gaining high critical reception. Being able to use a monstrous amount of cash to bolster production values is all you need.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But Valves better.

LOL, Valve.

Try again if the release Half-Life 3.

Valve is the most overrated piece of shit dev in the business. The source engine sucks balls and Although I'm a fan of half life series, that only allows them to get away with so much...

You must have bumped your head and forgot what valve has done for pc gaming. People are still playing TF2 online if that is not greatness I don't know what is ??

I just went to steam and there are over 54 thousand people playing right now down from over 63k earlier.

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But Valves better.

LOL, Valve.

Valve is the most overrated piece of shit dev in the business. The source engine sucks balls and Although I'm a fan of half life series, that only allows them to get away with so much...

Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours just seem to always be really stupid

@uninspiredcup said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But Valves better.

LOL, Valve.

You must have bumped your head and forgot what valve has done for pc gaming. People are still playing TF2 online if that is not greatness I don't know what is ??

The young console people play Call Of Duty every 12 months. They have no interest in Valves masterpiece (that is vastly superior to any Naughty Dog title).

LMAOOO When I saw how many notifications I had I figured it was hermits going nuts over what I said. I stand by it.

The source engine sucks balls and is greatly outplayed.

Half Life/Portals are good series and yes I do know what Valve did for gaming. I just don't like them anymore. Ever since L4D.

And no you can't say I'm a Cod fan...I'm CoD's arch enemy in this forum. Everyone knows that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

LMAOOO When I saw how many notifications I had I figured it was hermits going nuts over what I said. I stand by it.

The source engine sucks balls and is greatly outplayed.

Half Life/Portals are good series and yes I do know what Valve did for gaming. I just don't like them anymore. Ever since L4D.

And no you can't say I'm a Cod fan...I'm CoD's arch enemy in this forum. Everyone knows that.

Baddy

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol even the chiefs of MS admit, playstation has the best exclusive games.

TLHBO

Inb4 butthurt lemmings

I don't think he said that at all. He's talking about one company. There are other companies who have made great games just like Naughty Dog. Bioware is one of them. Their track record is just as great if not greater.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

To all the little system wars kiddies here. (cowwsss)

ND is indeed a good studio. They make very good games.

The problem is that they went the wrong way with their games.

From having excellent artstyle, very unique gameplay with excellent controlls to boring shallow gameplay with stories that is worse then a budget movie. (Okay TLOU had a decent story. But still it wasn't spectecular)

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

I wonder if people will ever realize that apart from production values and presentation, ND isn't that special.

This statement might have been a subject of discussion before TLOU was released, since then it is just false.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

But Valves better.

Too bad they don't develop games anymore.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@PannicAtack said:

I wonder if people will ever realize that apart from production values and presentation, ND isn't that special.

This statement might have been a subject of discussion before TLOU was released, since then it is just false.

TLOU doesn't retroactively make Uncharted 1's puzzles make sense. Or its controls not ass. It also doesn't mean that Uncharted 2 has any kind of staying power.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@V3rciS said:

Even MS respects "Godly Dog". One of the smartest moves Sony ever did to invest in this studio.

by the time they bought ND they didn't have much of a record but that the studio evolved to become what it is today from Crash to Jak to Unchartd & TLOU it was more luck on Sony's part.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

A lot of ass kissing by MilkingSoft. Haha pathetic. I wish I could believe them, but we all know how consumer friendly, and the intense milkage they do to it's user base. More like damage control.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

If anything, Naughty Dog is special in that they've proven that good gameplay and Level design are irrelevant in gaining high critical reception. Being able to use a monstrous amount of cash to bolster production values is all you need.

if anything what it proves is that you have no idea what you're talking about based on the stuff you write.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

if anything what it proves is that you have no idea what you're talking about based on the stuff you write.

and he didn't even play TLOU yet

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@WadeFan said:

One of the best studios in the business. 2 games in Meta's top 5.

I really wish people would stop spreading this lie.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?view=condensed&sort=desc

They barely crack the top twenty.

That said, they're easily the best studio Sony has, with the possible exception of Team Ico.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Mbirdy88: ah, opinions. I don't care about yours and you don't care about mine. That's why we have things like metacritic. Therefore I win and you lose.

Wrong. No Naughty Dog game has ever outscored half-Life 2. Just sayin'.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: I agree. Naughty Dog has come a long way since its 3DO days.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

yep, Just like the cows are "special people"

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

Yea ... I'l take the 600-700k Peak concurrent players, large e-sport tournaments and high streaming views, over some ****** critic reviews of games they play through once and don't touch again just because they have a salary and limited time as a measure of "Quality and Player Satisfaction" thanks....

and as pointed out, HL2 still higher... all 3 counter-strikes are still largely played, TF2 peaks at 100k concurrent... whats uncharted's MP at?less than 10k since forever... because its Sh*t.... same as last of us, shame that never makes it into the reviews though.

ALL of Valve's Multiplayer games are still highly played after many MANY years.

Nobody will give a f*ck about Uncharted or Last of Us... only their equally shallow PS4 inevitable milkage sequals with the same below-genre-standard Shooter mechanics, but its ok, because they are so preeetyyy....

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

Pretty much 95% of the people on here don't know what they are talking about. What else is new?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Naughty Dog makes 2 shitty Tomb Raidery games. Valve revolutionizes digital distribution, indie gaming, free2play, early access. Creates a diverse 90+ metacritic game collection and practically invented all the scripted sequences games these days do badly (Naughty Dog included, obv).

Valve are better. You young console people need to learn some dam respect rather than flavor of the moment, it's sickening.

Amen

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#78 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

"Microsoft was not aware of individual contracts Machinima had with their content providers as part of this promotion and we didn’t provide feedback on any of the videos. We have asked Machinima to not post any additional Xbox One content as part of this media buy and we have asked them to add disclaimers to the videos that were part of this program indicating they were part of paid advertising." they haven't done anything illegal yet. Or is it guilty until proven innocent now?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But Valves better.

yeah

Yeah.. they were. This is 2014 now, so no.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

ALL of Valve's Multiplayer games are still highly played after many MANY years.

Except for Day of Defeat: Source. Only a handful of active servers on that one.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Is he looking to jump ship to Sony or something? Why would you even come out praising your competition like that. They are saying go buy a PS3/PS4 if you want awesome exclusives that only Naughty Dog can provide.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

bwahahaha, none of you can read between the lines!

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Yes. These companies are not fanboys. They can acknowledge a good studio, or game when they see it.

Unlike the drones that support them.

Post of the year.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yup, they are special because they make movies not games while being a game studio. I would say extremely special.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

ND are currently the best Devs currently working in the business, I do feel that its a shame that they are exclusive to one singular platform; then I look at what MS did to RARE and Bungie and what Activision did to IW and what EA are currently doing to...EVERYONE maybe exclusivity is a good thing in this case.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Translation we wish we had invested in them damn you Sony.

This.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 edwardecl

But without them being exclusive to the PS3 the games would not have been as good. So there are times when exclusives are good because they are exclusive. You have to remember Naughty Dog not only make a game but they makes bits of the PS3/4 firmware and graphics libraries and tools used in every game (on the PS4 at least)

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@edwardecl said:

But without them being exclusive to the PS3 the games would not have been as good. So there are times when exclusives are good because they are exclusive. You have to remember Naughty Dog not only make a game but they makes bits of the PS3/4 firmware and graphics libraries and tools used in every game (on the PS4 at least)

ND does seem to understand hardware better than other devs faster. You can see it in the games their graphics are the best on console. I can only imagine what is going to happen on their ps4 games. Last gen ND had weaker hardware that was harder to understand than quantum physics. On the ps4 ND should actually get pc style graphics as they will actually max out the hardware.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

yep, Just like the cows are "special people"

lol

Stop crying now.

In other news: The TR PS4 edition runs at 60 fps, the Xbone version at 30 fps.

LOL

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@PannicAtack said:

TLOU doesn't retroactively make Uncharted 1's puzzles make sense. Or its controls not ass. It also doesn't mean that Uncharted 2 has any kind of staying power.

TLOU does make ND a special developer though, and that was my point.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Mfw, you are such an idiot. Did you start gaming last gen? But wait, ND made four games last gen....

Yup, you're just fucking dumb. Give PC gamers a bad name.

And before you come at me with more bullshit, I actually agree with your main point that Valve are better devs. Why must you sprinkle your main argument with a giant portion of retard?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

TC why did you make this topic? You said The Last of US looked like crap which is done by ND & is completely false.

You have completely lost your mind!

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Man enough to admit it and appreciate the competition and a credit to who deserve it.
Take a hint Reggie and others.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

uh oh...just how secure is NDs partnership with sony? do sony own them or is it more of a "here is some money...go makes games for our platforms" thing?

if its the latter then that could preclude an attempted buyout from MS.

...i am reading to much into this i think :P.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I read somewhere that a normal employee at ND could be a lead in another company. XD Sick!

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 edwardecl

Naughty Dog is owned by Sony since 2001.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@osan0 said:

uh oh...just how secure is NDs partnership with sony? do sony own them or is it more of a "here is some money...go makes games for our platforms" thing?

if its the latter then that could preclude an attempted buyout from MS.

...i am reading to much into this i think :P.

Sony owns ND, they won't sell the chicken of the golden eggs

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#100  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

, I actually agree with your main point that Valve are better devs.

Good, it makes right.