Microsoft Exclusives

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Radiant_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Radiant_Sol
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
[QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

How any lemming could defend PC games as Microsoft Exclusive is puzzling to me.

It's more detrimental to the Xbox platform than anything else. What's the matter? Can't just accept the term multiplatform and still have enough reasons to claim your ownage over the cows and sheep?

TekkenMaster606

I'm not a lemming.
I'm the other one, you know, the one everybody hates :P
But that's okay, we have the best graphics.

:)

I get ya there. I mean, I AM a Microsoft supporter. Windows is hands down the superior operating system. But when a 'Microsoft Exclusive' happens. The don't get paid for those PC games like they do for the Xbox 360 ones.

As far as console support goes, meh. I'm just now getting into that whole race but have been a long fan of Sony's personal electronics, cinema equipment and displays. I think the Playstation 3 is a great machine for multiple uses, gaming included. It's just not the best gaming machine. The PSP is the answer to my prayers though. MP3s, videos, internet, games.

Nintendo still has to really, really impress me. The DS is just kind of 'meh' for me but I'm warming up to the Wii.  

While it's true that MS doesn't profit from the PC games they don't publish. You'll still have to buy their OS to play anything, which is why a lot of people kinda hate them.
For the other consoles, to each his own. I enjoy all 3, although I do believe that where Nintendo is going with the Wii is a step in the wrong direction for gaming in general. But hey, to each his own. Enjoy your PSP :)
Radiant_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Radiant_Sol
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
[QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"]FOR THE LAST TIME, MS DOES NOT OWN PC GAMING!!!!!!!! I've thing I've said this 5 times already today. I am sick of people saying this.trix5817

No Windows = No PC gaming
Enjoy your Mac

No Intel CPU or AMD CPU=No PC gaming!

Nice way of tipttoeing my response :D
No IBM = No PS3 or 360!
No Nvidia = No PS3!
No ATI = No 360
No Texas Instruments = No Transistors = No Modern Computers!!!
This is fun!
Fact is:
No Windows = No PC gaming *PERIOD*

No Intel or no AMD= No PC gaming period. I can name other parts if you want! Fact is, no one owns PC gaming. MS has no control over PC games, while they have control over 360 games. MS directly gets profits from games made for the 360, while they don't for PC games. They actually have to PAY publishers to put the "Games for Windows" tab on games.....

I really don't understand that kind of logic. Since ATI, Nvidia and IBM have also made the parts to the PS3, Wii and 360 does that mean that Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft don't own those respective consoles as well? Think about it.

Go look at your PC, there's probably a little tag there that says "Designed for Windows XP/Vista" or "Built for Windows XP/Vista".It's a Microsoft system dude...

Do ATI, Nvidia, and IBM get a direct profit from the games? Do they have control over the games for consoles? Nope. Does MS get a direct profit from PC games like they do for 360 games? Nope. They don't own PC gaming anymore than Intel does. About 80% of PC's have Intel CPU's inside them, does this mean that they own PC gaming? Nope. Just because MS has their OS on 90% of PC's, doesn't mean they own PC's. They own the OS, ONE PART OF THE PC, and they don't directly profit from PC games. I would bet that ATI and Nvidia profit more from PC gameing more than MS does.

I think you might have missed my other post. I said that the PC is very much an "open platform", where microsoft makes the base (Windows) and everybody is free to program for it. Regardless of the fact that MS does not directly control every game, MS does directly influence every game made. All games must utilize the DirectX API, use Shader Model 3.0+ ect. Heck, even ATI and Nvidia have both moved into Unified shaders because it's a requirement of DX10. The simple fact of the matter is, PC games are built on ONE platform, and that platform is Windows.

That means nothing though. MS doesn't control PC games, no matter how you put it. They don't make a direct profit like they do off the 360. And OS and system are two totally different things. A PC and a console are systems, while an OS is just part of that system. Developers also have to programm for ATI and Nvidia cards, Intel and AMD CPU's, etc, etc. MS can't say, "if you want to make games for PC's, then you have to give us a share of the profit", while with 360 games, they do just that.  

You see, that's how companies profit from open sourcing. "You can make whatever you want, but if somebody buys it, they have to buy our product first". Microsoft makes a HUGE profit each year (I'm sure you know) and part of that is attributed to PC gaming.
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
Like we got a choice ? most of the OS here is Microsoft, and from what i heard that Apple is hard to use ?
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="Radiant_Sol"][QUOTE="trix5817"]FOR THE LAST TIME, MS DOES NOT OWN PC GAMING!!!!!!!! I've thing I've said this 5 times already today. I am sick of people saying this.Radiant_Sol

No Windows = No PC gaming
Enjoy your Mac

No Intel CPU or AMD CPU=No PC gaming!

Nice way of tipttoeing my response :D
No IBM = No PS3 or 360!
No Nvidia = No PS3!
No ATI = No 360
No Texas Instruments = No Transistors = No Modern Computers!!!
This is fun!
Fact is:
No Windows = No PC gaming *PERIOD*

No Intel or no AMD= No PC gaming period. I can name other parts if you want! Fact is, no one owns PC gaming. MS has no control over PC games, while they have control over 360 games. MS directly gets profits from games made for the 360, while they don't for PC games. They actually have to PAY publishers to put the "Games for Windows" tab on games.....

I really don't understand that kind of logic. Since ATI, Nvidia and IBM have also made the parts to the PS3, Wii and 360 does that mean that Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft don't own those respective consoles as well? Think about it.

Go look at your PC, there's probably a little tag there that says "Designed for Windows XP/Vista" or "Built for Windows XP/Vista".It's a Microsoft system dude...

Do ATI, Nvidia, and IBM get a direct profit from the games? Do they have control over the games for consoles? Nope. Does MS get a direct profit from PC games like they do for 360 games? Nope. They don't own PC gaming anymore than Intel does. About 80% of PC's have Intel CPU's inside them, does this mean that they own PC gaming? Nope. Just because MS has their OS on 90% of PC's, doesn't mean they own PC's. They own the OS, ONE PART OF THE PC, and they don't directly profit from PC games. I would bet that ATI and Nvidia profit more from PC gameing more than MS does.

I think you might have missed my other post. I said that the PC is very much an "open platform", where microsoft makes the base (Windows) and everybody is free to program for it. Regardless of the fact that MS does not directly control every game, MS does directly influence every game made. All games must utilize the DirectX API, use Shader Model 3.0+ ect. Heck, even ATI and Nvidia have both moved into Unified shaders because it's a requirement of DX10. The simple fact of the matter is, PC games are built on ONE platform, and that platform is Windows.

That means nothing though. MS doesn't control PC games, no matter how you put it. They don't make a direct profit like they do off the 360. And OS and system are two totally different things. A PC and a console are systems, while an OS is just part of that system. Developers also have to programm for ATI and Nvidia cards, Intel and AMD CPU's, etc, etc. MS can't say, "if you want to make games for PC's, then you have to give us a share of the profit", while with 360 games, they do just that.

You see, that's how companies profit from open sourcing. "You can make whatever you want, but if somebody buys it, they have to buy our product first". Microsoft makes a HUGE profit each year (I'm sure you know) and part of that is attributed to PC gaming.

If PC gamers are such pirates as console fanboys assume I cant see M$ making alot of money from the OS... :lol: 

gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts

I not F@#king talking about microsoft making money on PC games. dur dur dur dur

Fact is you have your(Example)4 other games that only run on mac,linux compared to windows running everygame.

FACT IS YOU NEED F@#$KING MICROSOFT WINDOWS, to run PC GAMING,

Microsoft does't control PC games game developers make PC games only windows.

Games for windows are exclusive to Windows PC-which has every decent PC game 

Pizza_Guy450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pizza_Guy450
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
Well, at least i can sleep at night knowing that everything on my PC that was made by microsoft, including XP Pro/Vista (yeah i tried vista, big mistake), Office 2003 and 2007, Onecare, every game by microsoft studios i have, and lots of other **** is all pirated, and thus, free. So microsoft isn't making a dime off of me, and thus my PC isn't really a Microsoft system (especially since i can also boot fedora). So considering that, and the fact that the most expensive part in my comp is my nVidia 7900, I guess i'm running an nVidia system, aren't I?
lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

Well, at least i can sleep at night knowing that everything on my PC that was made by microsoft, including XP Pro/Vista (yeah i tried vista, big mistake), Office 2003 and 2007, Onecare, every game by microsoft studios i have, and lots of other **** is all pirated, and thus, free. So microsoft isn't making a dime off of me, and thus my PC isn't really a Microsoft system (especially since i can also boot fedora). So considering that, and the fact that the most expensive part in my comp is my nVidia 7900, I guess i'm running an nVidia system, aren't I?Pizza_Guy450

I hope you get caught. It is idiots like you that hamper the PC gaming industry.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

FACT IS YOU NEED F@#$KING MICROSOFT WINDOWS, to run PC GAMING,

gamer4life85

not at all, you only need Windows to run most games, like the PS2.

Games for windows are exclusive to Windows PC-which has every decent PC game

gamer4life85
Lego Star Wars 2 is a GFW and isn't exclusive by any means.
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

They develop games for windows because they have more and better tools to do it, but the games aren't exclusive to windows. 

WoW, FFXI, Civilization IV, Even the new c&c3 works in linux. It's far from easy or mainstream, but it's doable.