Microsoft Afraid of Killzone!? Article says so.

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=it&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.notaboutgames.com%2Fhome%2F2009%2F01%2Fmicrosoft-teme-killzone.html&sl=it&tl=en

makes sense.

CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts
Link doesn't work.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SiKh22
Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. Cole-Protocal
well read what MS is using. HALO! LOL joke, its being milked like COD and shall.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
What it comes down to is will it move consoles? My guess, not really.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cole-Protocal

[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. SiKh22
well read what MS is using. HALO! LOL joke, its being milked like COD and shall.

There are currently more Metal Gear solid games then Halo games.......owned

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
The guy that wrote that should be informed that there's something called Economics. If a company plans to release a big title (like Sony with KZ2), it is obvious that the competirors will do the same (MS with Halo). That doesn't mean they are "afraid" or something, especially since is very likely that Halo OSD will sell a lot more than KZ2.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. Cole-Protocal
Every game on the planet wants to be as successful as Halo, what's your point?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. lantus

Did you read the link?
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SiKh22

[QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. Cole-Protocal

LOL owned, no cheap spin off's are their like Halo Wars? put a respected studio to make a cheap RTS game. MGS continue the story or put fill gaps in the story. Only cheap MGS i can tell is the touch one coming. That Halo Recon game? come on, get some new ideas... Whats finished of Halo should be left that, because their is no more holes to fill unless they make it how those aliens were created.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SiKh22

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="lantus"] Every game on the planet wants to be as successful as Halo, what's your point?Cole-Protocal

Did you read the link?

why bother? u know the article is pointless based on the title alone. If you got HALO, you dont fear a competitors fps.

end of story.

True words of a fanboy.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cole-Protocal
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"] well read what MS is using. HALO! LOL joke, its being milked like COD and shall. SiKh22

LOL owned, no cheap spin off's are their like Halo Wars? put a respected studio to make a cheap RTS game. MGS continue the story or put fill gaps in the story. Only cheap MGS i can tell is the touch one coming. That Halo Recon game? come on, get some new ideas... Whats finished of Halo should be left that, because their is no more holes to fill unless they make it how those aliens were created.

it seems to me ur just spinning and making excuses. Point is Killzone is nowhere near the level of popularity and success of the Halo franchise. deal.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"] well read what MS is using. HALO! LOL joke, its being milked like COD and shall. SiKh22

You do realize that Halo started as an real time strategy game right?
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cole-Protocal
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]

[QUOTE="IronBass"] Did you read the link? SiKh22

why bother? u know the article is pointless based on the title alone. If you got HALO, you dont fear a competitors fps.

end of story.

True words of a fanboy.

i may be a fanboy.....but its still true. u gotta deal. KZ2 wont magically come from nowhere and overtake Halo as the most successful console fps in history.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]

well read what MS is using. HALO! LOL joke, its being milked like COD and shall. SiKh22

Metal Gear Ac!c, Metal gear Ac!d 2 and that N-Gage Metal Gear say hallo.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]Sony is more scared of Halo. Killzone wishes it was as successful as the Halo franchise. IronBass

Did you read the link?

Yes, why?
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last gen
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9162 Posts

'afraid' is the wrong term to use... more like aware

MS was able to overcome PS3's big games in 08, and still came out on top

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SiKh22

end of story.

Cole-Protocal

True words of a fanboy.

i may be a fanboy.....but its still true. u gotta deal. KZ2 wont magically come from nowhere and overtake Halo as the most successful console fps in history.

well if you apply some common sense, the article has nothing to do with Killzone 2 trying to take over Halo.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lantus
why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last gen-Mad_Rhetoric-
The game sold millions of copies, I'd hardly call that a flop. From a quality perspective, it did definitely flop.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
It's just a typical shooter with good eye candy for a console game, people are acting like this game is going to be revolutionary or something.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SiKh22

ogvampire
I do not alter articles titles, i posted it as is.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

end of story.

Cole-Protocal

True words of a fanboy.

The first Halo game did it, why not Killzone 2?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="lantus"] Every game on the planet wants to be as successful as Halo, what's your point?lantus
Did you read the link?

Yes, why?

Because he has a point. Saying that MS is afraid of KZ when having Halo is just like saying that Ninty was afraid of LBP when having Mario.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

Cole-Protocal

it seems to me ur just spinning and making excuses. Point is Killzone is nowhere near the level of popularity and success of the Halo franchise. deal.

Its actually not a spinoff the original halo was going to be a strategy game, they changed their minds, so their are just going through with the original plan
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CWEBB04z
why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last gen-Mad_Rhetoric-
the first game sold like 2 million or so, thats not a sales flop.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts
:lol: One thing MS doesn't fear is the competitions FPS - I mean really, they may think KZ2 will be great but fear it - Not !
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="IronBass"] Did you read the link? IronBass
Yes, why?

Because he has a point. Saying that MS is afraid of KZ when having Halo is just like saying that Ninty was afraid of LBP when having Mario.

The article and his statement have no correlation, he's saying why they shouldn't be afraid, when the article clearly depicts Microsoft trying to curb the hype of Killzone 2.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cole-Protocal
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"][QUOTE="SiKh22"] True words of a fanboy. CWEBB04z

cause Halo is now too established. ANd Halo didnt have much competition......goldeneye and Perfect dark were the best offerings until Halo.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I dont think MS even cares :?
Daviduzz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Daviduzz0
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm sorry but what exactly is the big deal with Killzone or Halo? I've played both and they just seem so generic, I honestly don't see why they get so much hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="lantus"]Yes, why?lantus

The article and his statement have no correlation, he's saying why should they be afraid, when the article clearly depicts Microsoft trying to curb the hype of Killzone 2.

What has nothing to with "fear" when you have the most successful game of the same genre.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cole-Protocal
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"][QUOTE="SiKh22"] True words of a fanboy. SiKh22

well if you apply some common sense, the article has nothing to do with Killzone 2 trying to take over Halo.

bottom line, Halo Wars, a rts spinoff, will sell more software and hardware then KZ2. Thats just sad.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="IronBass"] Because he has a point. Saying that MS is afraid of KZ when having Halo is just like saying that Ninty was afraid of LBP when having Mario.IronBass
The article and his statement have no correlation, he's saying why should they be afraid, when the article clearly depicts Microsoft trying to curb the hype of Killzone 2.

What has nothing to with "fear" when you have the most successful game of the same genre.

I didn't say they were afraid, I said they're just trying to curb Killzone 2's hype. And that this guy, whatever point he may have, is totally unrelated.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SiKh22

Cole-Protocal

bottom line, Halo Wars, a rts spinoff, will sell more software and hardware then KZ2. Thats just sad.

dude, where do pop these dumb ideas from? Software maybe until it flops, hardware, dunno how much of a RROD system you can sell. no wonder its 200 bucks
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"][QUOTE="SiKh22"] True words of a fanboy. CWEBB04z

Exactly what I was going to put. No one really knows for sure if Killzone 2 will be a huge sales success. Going back to the TCs point. It's not fear, it's just competitiveness! MS are just countering what Sony are doing. They are taking part and competing....being fearful would be NOT releasing your big game at the same time!
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9162 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

SiKh22

I do not alter articles titles, i posted it as is.

i know. i was talking about the article... not your post

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last genlantus
The game sold millions of copies, I'd hardly call that a flop. From a quality perspective, it did definitely flop.

doubt it, unless you got a link
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cole-Protocal
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"][QUOTE="SiKh22"]

SiKh22

dunno how much of a RROD system you can sell. no wonder its 200 bucks

u been living under a rock? 360 has been outselling PS3 tons since september....the gap is now 8 million gloabally. And RROD rates have dropped drastically.

And its 200 because MS doesnt cram in useless tech and makes it optional accessories instead.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SiKh22
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last gen-Mad_Rhetoric-

Its sold 2 million copies, and the PSP one near 700,000 or near but not a million though the PSP one was better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-63f6895020e66

I didn't say they were afraid, I said they're just trying to curb Killzone 2's hype. And that this guy, whatever point he may have, is totally unrelated.lantus

I would love to stay here and discuss the next couple of hours why they are related, but I can't, so I will tell you which relation I found:

The guy on the article: "MS is afarid of KZ2".

Cole-Protocal: "MS has the most successful FPS on consoles, why should they be afraid?"

I find a relation. If you don't, then I guess it must be only me :)

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SiKh22

Cole-Protocal

dunno how much of a RROD system you can sell. no wonder its 200 bucks

u been living under a rock? 360 has been outselling PS3 tons since september....the gap is now 8 million gloabally. And RROD rates have dropped drastically.

And its 200 because MS doesnt cram in useless tech and makes it optional accessories instead.

yes i know the PS3 has been out sold for a while now, sales hardly effect why i should even care, just the quality of the product, and yes I'm sure RROD can gone away LOL. Wifi is useless tech? I tell you most people don't have their Router or modem near their console.

Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
It Doesn't matter :| Right now their are over 17 million user on Xbox Live Gold, that is almost the ENTIRE PS3 userbase. Your argument is pointless.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts

IronBass

lol owned...
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CWEBB04z
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]why would M$ be afraid of the sequel to the biggest flop of last gen-Mad_Rhetoric-

Killzone is on the greatest hits list, in order to be a greatest hits title, the game has to sell 500,000 copies, also, some sites listed Killzone as a sales success selling over a million copies.
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="lantus"] The game sold millions of copies, I'd hardly call that a flop. From a quality perspective, it did definitely flop.CWEBB04z

Killzone is on the greatest hits list, in order to be a greatest hits title, the game has to sell 500,000 copies, also, some sites listed Killzone as a sales success selling over a million copies.

Killzone was a horrible HORRIBLE game and Links PLZ :|
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SiKh22
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="SiKh22"] LOL owned, no cheap spin off's are their like Halo Wars? put a respected studio to make a cheap RTS game. MGS continue the story or put fill gaps in the story. Only cheap MGS i can tell is the touch one coming. That Halo Recon game? come on, get some new ideas... Whats finished of Halo should be left that, because their is no more holes to fill unless they make it how those aliens were created. yoyo462001

lol owned...

LOL OWNED, people on this site talk as if everyone isnt a nerd already, the acid games have done well and continue the story of MGS, unlike Halo Recon, and Halo wars. Their are spinoffs that are bad for MGS but it wont be like the halo ones coming forever now.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cole-Protocal

[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"] doubt it, unless you got a linkSynthetic_NinJI

Killzone was a horrible HORRIBLE game and Links PLZ :|

check vgchartz. it may have been a flop but it did break at least a million, that much im sure.