MGSV presentation. Sick gameplay. New links.

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

GOTY material all the way, I'll be losing months of my life to this. If they make it co-op then it's really over. I'm going to be lost in this game.

Faith restored Kojima, I'll just file MGS4 away with Mario Sunshine and the like.

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Blabadon: Haha, right? So now we've seen small segments of Africa and Afghanistan. I wouldn't complain one bit if those are the only locales, but I'm wondering if there is more. I'll probably spend more time doing missions in Africa to build up my base, I really dig the environment.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they somehow tie Shadow Moses into all this as one seamless super base. These open natural environments do impress, but Ground Zeroes proved that the gameplay is ace in a structured environment as well.

Then we would have deserts, mountains, jungles and snow all accounted for. Give us a lava level and just call it Mario. Jk, but an arctic environment on the Fox Engine could really shine.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they somehow tie Shadow Moses into all this as one seamless super base. These open natural environments do impress, but Ground Zeroes proved that the gameplay is ace in a structured environment as well.

Then we would have deserts, mountains, jungles and snow all accounted for. Give us a lava level and just call it Mario. Jk, but an arctic environment on the Fox Engine could really shine.

Shut up! Haha.

Really, that would be awesome though. Just trying to keep my hype to a reasonable level of ridiculous.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I think we can safely say mgs4 was an accident.

Godjima is back in full effect.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

The Fox Engine handles lighting better then pretty much every engine I've seen, shame really as the textures in the game flat out suck.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

the king will get its crown back this gen. cant wait!!

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

If that was an accident then that was one dam good accident. Like someone getting superpower type accident.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Cutscenes look dumb as ever. Kojima is incredibly overrated.

Gameplay looks alright.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@finalfantasy94 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

If that was an accident then that was one dam good accident.

Compared to 1, 2 and 3 it was easily the weakest entry.

It still had some redeeming qualities. Old snake for one, and unfortunately the last role for Hayter.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think with MGS4 he was really just trying to dump the series. I know he always says it, but I think he really wanted 4 to be it for him.

Now he's just like "**** it, I'm the MGS guy, might as well flex on these fools".. and I'm glad for that.

@scatteh316 said:

The Fox Engine handles lighting better then pretty much every engine I've seen, shame really as the textures in the game flat out suck.

Yeah, MGS and textures have never been good friends. I guess MGS3 was decent for its time, but it seems they put more effort into the models than anything else with these games... Ground Zeroes was strange though, some of the textures were rough as hell and some of them were damn amazing to look at.

I think if they weren't going open world, MGSV could contend for graphics king, but I'd take the open sandbox over some extra polished visuals any day.

@___gamemaster__ said:

the king will get its crown back this gen. cant wait!!

You know it man.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Compared to 1, 2, 3 and 4 it was easily the weakest entry.

It still had some redeeming qualities. Old snake for one, and unfortunately the last role for Hayter.

Not in my eyes. Its the second best with MGS1 being number one of course.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ReadingRainbow4

Also, can't wait for Klepek to bitch about Quiet some more.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner

@MirkoS77 said:

Gameplay looks alright.

Cutscenes are always over done and yeah the story can be stupid. By video game standards though, I think Kojima does a great fucking job. Especially with his cutscenes. Even if you think there are devs that do it better, there certainly aren't many.

Gameplay looks fucking excellent gtfo haha.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ReadingRainbow4

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Gameplay looks alright.

Cutscenes are always over done and yeah the story can be stupid. By video game standards though, I think Kojima does a great fucking job. Especially with his cutscenes. Even if you think there are devs that do it better, there certainly aren't many.

I just don't understand how some people can't understand half the fucking charm of metal gear comes from how grandiose and overdone it's characters and cutscenes are.

Sure there's alot of serious overtones and I'm sure it's going to be ten to fifteen times more darker than previous entries, but taking away the quirk entirely would just kill MGS.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

So he threw the grenade, Quiet shot it, and the shrapnel hit the chopper?:leon:

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

well, at least there were boobs

that was literary the first thing i saw when i clicked play

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

and unfortunately the last role for Hayter.

...You mean Peace Walker right?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ConanTheStoner

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I just don't understand how some people can't understand half the fucking charm of metal gear comes from how grandiose and overdone it's characters and cutscenes are.

Sure there's alot of serious overtones and I'm sure it's going to be ten to fifteen times more darker than previous entries, but taking away the quirk entirely would just kill MGS.

Exactly man. There were only a few scenes in the series that truly made me cringe and most of them were in MGS4 (Raiden moments, Jonny+Meryl moments)... usually it was when they were trying to be serious and it just fell flat.

@wolverine4262 said:

So he threw the grenade, Quiet shot it, and the shrapnel hit the chopper?

Yep, I didn't catch that until I watched it again. Bad ass.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ReadingRainbow4

@JangoWuzHere said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I haven't played peace walker yet, but I was just referring to the main console titles.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I haven't played peace walker yet, but I was just referring to the main console titles.

Hayter's voice acting in Peace Walker is pretty bad anyway. Somehow it sounds like someone is mimicking his voice.

I thought his best work was in MGS1 and 2. He sounded more natural.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@princeofshapeir said:

Hayter's voice acting in Peace Walker is pretty bad anyway. Somehow it sounds like someone is mimicking his voice.

I thought his best work was in MGS1 and 2. He sounded more natural.

I'd have to agree, his voice was falling apart in PW. It almost sounded like some over the top parody of Snakes voice.

MGS1 and 2 were tops and he still sounded good in 3. Steady decline from there.

Also @ReadingRainbow4, you should check out PW some time... definitely in one of the console collections if you do. Story isn't all that, but it's not terrible either. Otherwise it's a fun game with an insane amount of content and some of the most wtf moments in MGS history.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

I can just see Big Boss stumbling upon a kindergarten class and recruiting them all on the spot.

Pretty sure there could be an elderly old man and he'd still slap a balloon on his ass and send him back to base for training.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ConanTheStoner

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Pretty sure there could be an elderly old man and he'd still slap a balloon on his ass and send him back to base for training.

Actually, this kinda does happen lol. But when I say wtf moments in PW, it goes way deeper than that.

For example, there are two optional dating missions.. I won't spoil the details, but just think about it.

Kojima game. MGS items. Sunset on the beach. And you're left on your own to figure out how to make these dates work, they don't give you any hints.

So there I was, Big Boss, staring at lingerie mags with an alleged 16 year old girl. That's not even how I "completed the mission", but she seemed to enjoy it? O_o

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

why is quiet dressed like a street-hooker? i mean it doesn't seem useful for combat situations.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Actually, this kinda does happen lol. But when I say wtf moments in PW, it goes way deeper than that.

For example, there are two optional dating missions.. I won't spoil the details, but just think about it.

Kojima game. MGS items. Sunset on the beach. And you're left on your own to figure out how to make these dates work, they don't give you any hints.

So there I was, Big Boss, staring at lingerie mags with an alleged 16 year old girl. That's not even how I "completed the mission", but she seemed to enjoy it? O_o

lol, it's stuff like this that makes me love MGS even more.

Hopefully the mgs collection coming to PC is a real thing, I haven't touched my ps3 in over a year and PSP emulation kind of sucks I find being there's no analog.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ConanTheStoner

@RoboCopISJesus said:

why is quiet dressed like a street-hooker? i mean it doesn't seem useful for combat situations.

Kojima keeps saying there is a good reason and all these people calling him out will feel dumb when they figure it out...

I think he's full of shit and just wants a half naked sniper chick to be your buddy on missions.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Why is the geometry so... angular? Clearly they played to the lowest common denominator. GD I can't wait until they phase out the last gen systems.

Still.. this is one of the few games I'm looking forward to next year.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ConanTheStoner said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Kojima keeps saying there is a good reason and all these people calling him out will feel dumb when they figure it out...

I think he's full of shit and just wants a half naked sniper chick to be your buddy on missions.

She's got some straight up x-men type shit going on.

I bet she's rescued from a research facility by big boss and she has a fascination with him, some kind of twisted daughter. Also, I like teh bewbs and I'm glad Kojima does too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ConanTheStoner

@OhSnapitz said:

Why is the geometry so... angular? Clearly they played to the lowest common denominator. GD I can't wait until they phase out the last gen systems.

Still.. this is one of the few games I'm looking forward to next year.

Yeah, this cross gen shit is getting old and this game is a PS3 game at its core. It's not a bad looking game, but it could definitely look better.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

She's got some straight up x-men type shit going on.

I bet she's rescued from a research facility by big boss and she has a fascination with him, some kind of twisted daughter. Also, I like teh bewbs and I'm glad Kojima does too.

I'm wondering if they'll write it off as supernatural, or just make her out to be some early nanomachine test. I'd rather have no explanation than get another nano write off honestly.

And yes, in Kojima we trust lol. I'm sure he'll have some stupid excuse for why she dresses the way she does, but I don't care. No need for an explanation here haha.

On the previous point, don't bother with anything PSP related, it'll only drive you away from the game. HD version with a real controller is the only way to go.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ConanTheStoner

English subs.

Loading Video...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Quiet's super natural powers better not be from something stupid like...I don't know..."nanomachines."

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Calling it now: best MGS ever!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Gameplay looks alright.

I think the problem comes from MGS trying to be all overly dramatic in its storytelling and takes extra care to be meticulous in attention to detail in regards to tactics and military procedures, yet it is then rife full of ridiculous, over the top, supernatural characters, overly objectified female soldiers (with of course having her tits hanging out to appease the 12 year olds), shrapnel horns sticking out of heads, etc. It's like Kojima's trying to tell Schindler's List, yet holds the mentality and writing ability of an 8 year old to do so. It's bad enough having to sit there and watch and listen to his pretentious preaching about war and loyalty and everything under the sun, all tied together with nanomachines, and then have a women explode from a bomb hidden in her snatch.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#84  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Gameplay looks alright.

Man, you take video games too seriously.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

I give credit where it's due, and MGS5 looks legit as hell.

It will be Zelda WiiU vs MGS5 for 2015 goty

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner

@smashed_pinata said:

I give credit where it's due, and MGS5 looks legit as hell.

It will be Zelda WiiU vs MGS5 for 2015 goty

Those are my top two at the moment.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Stolen from another comment:

- ToraShiro: "The internet is going to lose its s**t when we show the rest of the MGSV materials"

Get hyped guys!!!

ToraShrio spends a lot of time on Neogaf, and knows exactly what the fans would get excited about. So this is the real deal.-

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ConanTheStoner

@Wiimotefan:

Never heard of ToraShiro, but cool.

Seeing as (outside the gameplay) all we got was a short cutscene, I'm still expecting a trailer.

Maybe an actual MGS collection is still in the cards too. And maybe MGO3 will be something so fresh that it gets people excited. Beyond that "internet losing its shit" just sounds like hype speak, but I'm eager to see what they have.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

This and Uncharted.. best games ever

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Wiimotefan said:

Stolen from another comment:

- ToraShiro: "The internet is going to lose its s**t when we show the rest of the MGSV materials"

Get hyped guys!!!

ToraShrio spends a lot of time on Neogaf, and knows exactly what the fans would get excited about. So this is the real deal.-

Is this more footage from TGS? Fuckin hyped....

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

That looks amazing, MGS is one of those franchises that still has it.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Videogame logic: let's go to war wearing a barely tied bra.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

textures could use some serious work, that's the cost of 60fps open world on a console I guess.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ConanTheStoner

@kipsta77 said:

textures could use some serious work, that's the cost of 60fps open world on a console I guess.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think it's going to look any better between now and release.

It's a last gen game at its core and this series was never known for having quality textures.

That said, these videos obviously do the game no justice.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@kipsta77 said:

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think it's going to look any better between now and release.

It's a last gen game at its core and this series was never known for having quality textures.

That said, these videos obviously do the game no justice.

I'm curious to see how much better the PC version is.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

ground zeroes had me worried but holy shit everything they've shown since has looked incredible. I cant wait

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Gameplay looks alright.

word. the best part about mgs is that its always had these super dramatic or dark moments and then the soldier guarding your cell has a serious case of diarrhea or snake can start jerking off to posters of asian chicks in a locker.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This is shaping up to be better than any exclusive right now.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#100  Edited By Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@rictshard said:

Zelda 2015, Uncharted, Bloodborne (if it comes out next year) Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Evolve, Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, New Xenoblade, Witcher 3. Probably more if I look a gain

Lets also remember that hardly anyone gave a shite about MGSV at E3 and it didn't even win any notable awards.

Zelda, Bloodborne, Witcher 3. Those are the 3 I would have listed. Arkham Knight is a good call though. lol @ some of those others.

To count MGSV completely out is a bit silly on your part though. Especially counting it out of AAA in general. Like somehow the best MGS game by a long shot will end up being the worst scoring of the bunch.

And a game that we've seen for a few years now that already had a lengthy demo available isn't going to rake up E3 awards left and right. That usually happens for big reveals, or first time playables.

Even so, it still generated a lot of buzz.

Don't be so sure, Rainbow Six and Evolve got more GOTS awards at E3 than anything else, No Man's Sky also got awards. Division I can understand skeptism of after the Watch Dogs ordeal, Xenoblade I admit is a bit of a stretch since it's a niche audience but then again so is MGS.

MGSV is the best in the series? Why? Because it's the newest? MGS4 is considered to be a turd by many and the worst game in the series so being a newer game doesn't make it a better one, especially with how Ground Zeroes got panned.