MGO Is a Scam

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts

Let me start this off by saying that I love the gameplay of MGO. I enjoyed the first one and I love this one even better.

But gameplay aside, Konami is ripping us off with MGO. The set up is a perfect example of why a non universal online structure isn't always good. Anybody that plays MGO, has a PSN name, a Konami ID, a Game ID, and a Character Name...:|

Why would Konami make us go through all of this you may ask? Well it's because they want to nickle and dime us like we've never seen before. I LOL'd at the screen when my little brother called me into the room and asked me what was up with the game saying that you can only register 1 MGO character for free PER SYSTEM. I was in shock really, because WHY in the hell would they make it like that? Obviously they KNOW people have siblings who may also play the same game on the same system, it's completely ridiculous that I have to pay for additional accounts to play a game because it's not made to coincide with PSN.

Then you get to the MGO Store and you see a Codec Pack for 4.99. Hmm that's prolly cool, but I passed. Comes to find out from people who bought that Codec Pack said that there wasn't even a download for the file. Hmm interesting... So they put DLC on their Store, yet people buy it and there's no downloading going on? Oh wait, that's because the Codec Pack was already on the DISC! Charging people to "unlock" stuff that's already on a disc is simply unacceptable. Makes me wonder what more is on the disc that we don't know about.

To further this point, I know MGS4 fans have followed all the news dropping about the game months prior to it's release. I'm sure you guys have seen maps in screenshots and in trailers for MGO that are mysteriously NOT in the game. Or what about the special characters that Konami said would be playable in the game, where are they? I thought downloadable content was brought into existence for devs to improve things and come up with new maps etc. and then release them to the public. Not have pre-made items ready BEFORE the release of the game simply to charge us later on for them.

Fanboys will say, "Bu but it's only a Starter Pack", no that's what Konami wants you to think. And after thinking about all of this and finding out that they charged us for stuff that's actually on the disc I see why a 50gig dual layered disc was needed for this game. To scam the fans like this.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
if that is true, that sucks. I'm really getting sick of micro-transactions. please people, don't buy crap like this.. you only encourage them :?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm no fanboy, but it seems like all this hastle of the multiplayer in MGS4 doesn't make it worthy of a ten...
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

I'm no fanboy, but it seems like all this hastle of the multiplayer in MGS4 doesn't make it worthy of a ten...Toriko42

but it deserves a 10 because at its core its a single player game. Take GTAIV as an example. The multiplayer in that game is subpar to say the very least, but the singleplayer is so great, and the game was built as a single player game that the multiplayer comes off as an extra bonus, sumthing to do once u finish the game.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoldenGlove

I'm no fanboy, but it seems like all this hastle of the multiplayer in MGS4 doesn't make it worthy of a ten...Toriko42

The way Konami set it up is to the point where it's so separated from the actual game that reviewers probably didn't even hold it against the single player. And the whole "Starter Pack" BS is just a way of trying to make people think/feel that it's just an extra, but what shooting game doesn't have a multiplayer portion? It's pretty much standard.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FragTycoon
yea, most reviewers didn't rate the two together. EG couldn't have even played it when they did there infamous review.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GoldenGlove

This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!W1NGMAN-

Yes, this is 100% true. On top of this, when you make your character, whatever clothes you put on him you better REALLY REALLY like them because you won't be able to change them or change the color of them. You can only remove items like hats and goggles and armor. But as far as putting on different stuff you can't. You would have to buy a whole different account just to change clothing.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FragTycoon

This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!W1NGMAN-

I still don't understand why someone would want to make more then one character..

*shrug* at least we didn't have to pay to play the basic online (yea, I'm looking at you XBL :P)

HardTarget86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HardTarget86
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

Let me start this off by saying that I love the gameplay of MGO. I enjoyed the first one and I love this one even better.

But gameplay aside, Konami is ripping us off with MGO. The set up is a perfect example of why a non universal online structure isn't always good. Anybody that plays MGO, has a PSN name, a Konami ID, a Game ID, and a Character Name...:|

Why would Konami make us go through all of this you may ask? Well it's because they want to nickle and dime us like we've never seen before. I LOL'd at the screen when my little brother called me into the room and asked me what was up with the game saying that you can only register 1 MGO character for free PER SYSTEM. I was in shock really, because WHY in the hell would they make it like that? Obviously they KNOW people have siblings who may also play the same game on the same system, it's completely ridiculous that I have to pay for additional accounts to play a game because it's not made to coincide with PSN.

Then you get to the MGO Store and you see a Codec Pack for 4.99. Hmm that's prolly cool, but I passed. Comes to find out from people who bought that Codec Pack said that there wasn't even a download for the file. Hmm interesting... So they put DLC on their Store, yet people buy it and there's no downloading going on? Oh wait, that's because the Codec Pack was already on the DISC! Charging people to "unlock" stuff that's already on a disc is simply unacceptable. Makes me wonder what more is on the disc that we don't know about.

To further this point, I know MGS4 fans have followed all the news dropping about the game months prior to it's release. I'm sure you guys have seen maps in screenshots and in trailers for MGO that are mysteriously NOT in the game. Or what about the special characters that Konami said would be playable in the game, where are they? I thought downloadable content was brought into existence for devs to improve things and come up with new maps etc. and then release them to the public. Not have pre-made items ready BEFORE the release of the game simply to charge us later on for them.

Fanboys will say, "Bu but it's only a Starter Pack", no that's what Konami wants you to think. And after thinking about all of this and finding out that they charged us for stuff that's actually on the disc I see why a 50gig dual layered disc was needed for this game. To scam the fans like this.

GoldenGlove

takes about a 1min each to make them:| and can be done within the game.

the online is free, and thats what counts. you still get to play the game...the rest is you being silly and stating a opinion which no one cares about.

everything costs now days, maps, addons, etc...who cares. don't get it.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GoldenGlove

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!FragTycoon

I still don't understand why someone would want to make more then one character..

*shrug* at least we didn't have to pay to play the basic online (yea, I'm looking at you XBL :P)

I have 2 younger brothers. In order for them to play on the same PS3 that I set up my character on they would have to pay for there character.

MGO only allows 1 FREE character per PS3. So if you had brothers who wanted to play MGO on their own account they couldn't unless they paid for it. Oh and they don't let you buy 1 account you have to buy atleast 3 and that costs 6.99.

HardTarget86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HardTarget86
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!GoldenGlove

I have 2 younger brothers. In order for them to play on the same PS3 that I set up my character on they would have to pay for there character.

MGO only allows 1 FREE character per PS3. So if you had brothers who wanted to play MGO on their own account they couldn't unless they paid for it. Oh and they don't let you buy 1 account you have to buy atleast 3 and that costs 6.99.

:lol: they can use your character..they still play the game.

share up and be family.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoldenGlove

takes about a 1min each to make them:| and can be done within the game.

the online is free, and thats what counts. you still get to play the game...the rest is you being silly and stating a opinion which no one cares about.

everything costs now days, maps, addons, etc...who cares. don't get it.

HardTarget86

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who has brothers who play videogames. Sure I get to play the game for free, but what about them? Why should they have to pay to play online? Last time I checked EVERY other game on PS3 with execption to the downloaded version of Warhawk allows for multiple accounts on PSN.

NONE of what I'm saying is silly, it's 100% true.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FragTycoon
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!GoldenGlove

MGO only allows 1 FREE character per PS3. So if you had brothers who wanted to play MGO on their own account they couldn't unless they paid for it.

ohhh ic.. that do suck. :|

thank goodness my PS3 is all for me.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GoldenGlove
[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!HardTarget86

share up and be family.

You must not be a gamer.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FragTycoon
[QUOTE="HardTarget86"][QUOTE="GoldenGlove"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

share up and be family.

You must not be a gamer.

If someone touched my CoD4 account, I would prob take out a knee cap or finger.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts
I'm pretty sure that wasn't a Kojima Productions idea, but Konami idea. I think clothes should get unlocked whhen you keep playing, so you can have some variety. I don't care about the character slots, because 90% of the games have just one character slot. Here they give you an option IF you want to have more than one character. Anyways, I find the thing you said about the codec pack really sad. I hate when they put unlockable content in the disc itself. But as long as this doesn't reach having new maps, I won't complain. Also, the codec thing could be in the first update. Even if you don't have access to it, you have to hear it on other people.
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GoldenGlove

I have a feeling that there are maps already on the disc waiting to be "unlocked". I mean even if you sit and let the trailer run when you boot up MGO you will see a map that's not in the game. Why is that? The map with the water at your feet, I've heard about this map long before the release of the game because you can choke somebody out and bring them to the ground and drown them in the process.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
Personally i dont like the multiplayer anough to spend money for the extra bells and whistles.Hopefully no one will buy this stuff and konami will put it up for free.It took me for ever just to get this thing setup to were i can play online.Also i went through hell trying to get my headset to were i could hear my friends while playing.At this point im so agrevated with it that it almost pains me to play it.By the time u end up paying for all that crap u could probably have a year of xboxlive plus extras.Believe me people just because they say psn is free doesnt mean that its free,your gonna spend some money.Not saying xboxlive is innocent because they nickel and dime the hell out of ya,the only difference is that its clear when they do it.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Hm...no one mentioned this before. That sucks man. And what you said about the Codec pack is pure ownage. Though i don't have a PS3, but if I did, I wouldn't see myself sharing accounts with my brother ( He kicked me out of our room and that says it all).
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

To the one with brothers. Try this, maybe it works

Create another account on PS3, tied to another PSN. Then enter MGO with it. if it asks for user/password, maybe you're lucky and creating a new konami id will work.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Xbox Live is a scam. Charging us for gamerpics :roll:

This is coming from a lemming.

Micro-Transactions suck.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Xbox Live is a scam. Charging us for gamerpics :roll:

This is coming from a lemming.

Micro-Transactions suck.

SpinoRaptor

Lol true true. But I don't see the reason why people actually pay for pictures. I barely focus any attention on mines. Just downloaded the free I Am Legend pack and slapped that crap on there. That's enough:D

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts
The thing I hate most about MGO is the fact that I can't edit my character afterwards. The only way to do that is to delete him but that erases all my stats. WTF is up with that!? Other than that I think it's a pretty fun multiplayer game.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

lol stop fussing, if you can't afford it don't do it, hideo and the team over at konami poured alot of effort into this game and i have no problem at all in giving them A LITTLE MONEY FOR THEIR EFFORT!, BE GLAD that you don't have to pay for the playstation network like xbox users have to pay for live, god it amazes me at what some people complain about these days, calling it a scam, that is preposterous

reminds of the people that complain about toll booths

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

If it were on live they'd have to pay for more live accounts to play online.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!rockydog1111

I used to consider buying extra maps and etc if it were on the PSN network but thats just BS that I have to go on another website and get it from there... + they want to make you buy codec calls, why get codec calls for 5 Pounds ( I think) When I could buy a new PSN game. :|

viper1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 viper1991
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts

lol stop fussing, if you can't afford it don't do it, hideo and the team over at konami poured alot of effort into this game and i have no problem at all in giving them A LITTLE MONEY FOR THEIR EFFORT!, BE GLAD that you don't have to pay for the playstation network like xbox users have to pay for live, god it amazes me at what some people complain about these days, calling it a scam, that is preposterous

supras989

I wouldn't mind it so much if i hadn't already payed $120 for the game.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I disagree with you for the sole reason that it comes with Metal Gear Solid 4 for free, MGS4 is worth the price you pay on its own. The online is a nice extra feature, but to be honest I rarely use it, I'm too busy repeating single player. If the online mode was on a seperate disk that you pay extra for, then I would definitely agree on it being a scam. I suppose I understand how people who play online a lot can feel ripped off. But then, didn't Konami say this was just a starter pack?
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sam280992
[QUOTE="supras989"]

viper1991

I wouldn't mind it so much if i hadn't already payed $120 for the game.

Now how the hell did it cost $120 don't games over America cost about $60? :?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toriko42

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!FragTycoon

Well, the best game on our platform doesn't cost money to play online, it's all good to go
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sam280992
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!Toriko42

Well, the best game on our platform doesn't cost money to play online, it's all good to go

But it doesn't cost money to play online :? it just costs money to make extra characters :evil:

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!sam280992

But it doesn't cost money to play online :? it just costs money to make extra characters :evil:

Heh, oh well

Because we pay Microsoft they retain a lot of control over the online aspects of many games though EA because they are corporate pigs are paying their way out of this system. In the end Microsoft has a lot of say in the online aspects of all the games going into the Xbox 360. That is why the multiplayer online is so great, it's seamless, easy, and it guaranteed to work. Sony on the other hand doesn't care. You're not paying them to guarantee anything, they just give you the network. From then on in you're alone.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
can't believe kojima allowed konami to taint his game like that, unless he wanted to do it too. either way, MGO is total bull
cifru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 cifru
Member since 2005 • 2211 Posts
MGS has always been about Single Player, I rarely play MGO.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

yes, there are minor flaws, but this is nowhere near being anything to actually complain about. it's konami's first major online game, and they've done pretty well with it so far.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]This is honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard (No sarcasm), this is total bull that you have to pay for crap that's already on the disk, also you need to pay to make more then one character?!?!? What is this a MMO?!?!rockydog1111

owned, not 7 bucks but 50 bucks times 2

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

No. It just shows us how AMAZING the single player is by itself.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TREAL_Since

People, you have to understand that MGO and MGS4 were originally planned to be two separate games. Since both were scheduled to release around the same time, they decided to put them together.

This is actually saving us some money if you ask me. Originally we would have paid more for MGO. They need to make up the money lost (if these two were sold separately) some how with the micro transactions.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

A few things...

1. Does MGO actually come on the MGS4 game disc or is it a seperate purchase?

2. Are there a good sum of people playing online?

3. Is ther a lot of lag?

Kind in mind that to game online is FREE... BUT having said that, you get what you pay for.. I love customizing my characters so I'd be slightly peev'd at this. However it's still free to play online..

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

People, you have to understand that MGO and MGS4 were originally planned to be two separate games. Since the both were scheduled to release around the same time, they decided to put them together.\

This is actually saving us some money if you ask me. Originally we would have paid more for MGO. They need to make up the money lost (if these two were sold separately) some how with the micro transactions.

TREAL_Since
hahahahahaha that would never ever happen on pc lol what rep off!!!
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

People, you have to understand that MGO and MGS4 were originally planned to be two separate games. Since the both were scheduled to release around the same time, they decided to put them together.\

blackdreamhunk

hahahahahaha that would nver happen on guess pc lol what rep off

It's not a rip off considering what you get for $60. It's not like we paid for MGO only. They combined the two. We would have spent a bit more money if it were the other way around.

They are nickel and diming MGO players, but if you were going to buy MGO as a separate game the outcome would still be the same or most likely worse (as far as overall money spent).

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

TREAL_Since

It's not a rip off considering what you get for $60. It's not like we paid for MGO only. They combined the two. We would have spent a bit more money if it were the other way around. They are nickel and diming MGO players, but if you were going to buy MGO as a separate game anyways it wouldn't matter.

you compare that to like guild wars what a rep off!!! for a low end game lol
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

It isn't worthy of a 10 at all if you view a 10 as "perfect", but i dont think gamespot does any more with the introduction of the .5 system. It's just a really, really awesome game. But obviously it has flaws. All games do.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

blackdreamhunk

It's not a rip off considering what you get for $60. It's not like we paid for MGO only. They combined the two. We would have spent a bit more money if it were the other way around. They are nickel and diming MGO players, but if you were going to buy MGO as a separate game anyways it wouldn't matter.

Guild Wars is a great value. I never compared MGS4/MGO to any PC game. Stop being such a fanboy.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
Wow, thats pretty sad on Konami's part. Simply getting online is bad enough. Making a GameID then a KonamiID? I mean come on. MGS4 is a great game, but MGO is anything but that. I already didn't like it that much, but the idea that you buy something and then it unlocks it on the disc is just flat out bad. Other games have tried to do this, even on 360. I think Halo 2 did it, but I can't remember correctly. This is going to come back to Konami and undoubtedly Kojima too.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

TREAL_Since

Guild Wars is a great value. I never compared MGS4/MGO to any PC game. Stop being such a fanboy.

wow your smart for support such a rip off company I'm glade anet doesn't do that. reasons why i love anet so much they produce alot better games and love their fans. enough to treat them with respect.I can't say that for mgo lol

how sad

even the mmo's you pay today don't do that and you get better online expeince from pc with better graphics and game play lol

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Wow, thats pretty sad on Konami's part. Simply getting online is bad enough. Making a GameID then a KonamiID? I mean come on. MGS4 is a great game, but MGO is anything but that. I already didn't like it that much, but the idea that you buy something and then it unlocks it on the disc is just flat out bad. Other games have tried to do this, even on 360. I think Halo 2 did it, but I can't remember correctly. This is going to come back to Konami and undoubtedly Kojima too.MadExponent

Halo 2 never charged you for content that was already on the disc... The Halo 2 mappack was a DL item awell as an enitre disc by itself.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TREAL_Since

Wow, thats pretty sad on Konami's part. Simply getting online is bad enough. Making a GameID then a KonamiID? I mean come on. MGS4 is a great game, but MGO is anything but that. I already didn't like it that much, but the idea that you buy something and then it unlocks it on the disc is just flat out bad. Other games have tried to do this, even on 360. I think Halo 2 did it, but I can't remember correctly. This is going to come back to Konami and undoubtedly Kojima too.MadExponent

I agree that getting setup for MGO is ouright ridiculous, but the game and features don't suffer from that.

The game is already critically acclaimed, is a blockbuster hit, and MGO has it's fan base. I don't see anything coming back to Konami or Kojima.