gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Yeah Last Light does look pretty good but you can clearly see its short comings compared to the new gen games in terms of character models, shaders, real time reflection and animation. It's also welcoming to hear that dev confirmed their next game will look 2.5x better since they're targeting 30fps. This bodes very well for the PS4 version since it's 1080p/60fps. XBone would have to suffer again.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I'm afraid it wlil be years before PC matches PS Quattro graphics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

I played both original 2033 and Last Light on PC at max settings mind you. The models look atrocious to today's standard, no PBR, no real time reflection, no scale, last gen assets all over the place. Lighting, shadowing, textures and nvidia phyX are pretty good tho. But it ain't no best multi, much less beating exclusives.

yeah the humans look like smoothed wax dolls. the animation is beyond atrocious as well

The order

Killzone Shadowfall

Metro: 2033

Metro: Last Or Light

From using a fair comparison, it appears Metro has ultimately won.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gpuking

Do you always comfort yourself in such a way uninspired lol? I really feel sorry for you if you do.

In your words, it appears Metro being the best looking is ultimately your own opinion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@gpuking said:

Do you always comfort yourself in such a way uninspired lol? I really feel sorry for you if you do.

In your words, it appears Metro being the best looking is ultimately your own opinion.

Not different from your threads to be frank.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gpuking

I provide sufficient proofs and reasons for my claims, not just pretending to be victorious.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@gpuking said:

I provide sufficient proofs and reasons for my claims, not just pretending to be victorious.

I won't say you don't provide images to support your points but of those images they can be cherry picked and yet you go nuts when hermits use modded screenshots of their games.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gpuking

I already mentioned how useless modded shots are to the majority, they can parade 24/7 all they want and quite frankly not a single **** would be given from me.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@gpuking said:

I played both original 2033 and Last Light on PC at max settings mind you. The models look atrocious to today's standard, no PBR, no real time reflection, no scale, last gen assets all over the place. Lighting, shadowing, textures and nvidia phyX are pretty good tho. But it ain't no best multi, much less beating exclusives.

Ugh.

I feel like using adblock to block users again, anyone know if that still works with this new interface?

Do you block everyone you dont agree with?

while i agree that gpuking is an idiot,i find it pretty lame that you have to block him and it just proves that his words are getting to you.

You dont need to block someone to ignore them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

My friends, some shocking news.

After playing Dead Rising 3 on the pc, it may, in fact, look better. Not only this, you can also dress up as the breaking bads man.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@jessejay420 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@gpuking said:

Ugh.

I feel like using adblock to block users again, anyone know if that still works with this new interface?

Do you block everyone you dont agree with?

while i agree that gpuking is an idiot,i find it pretty lame that you have to block him and it just proves that his words are getting to you.

You dont need to block someone to ignore them.

I think it would spare me some brain cells. No, I don't block users, never did. I just say that sometimes for salt.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Metro isn't a very good looking game.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher: Have you played infamous SS? The game looks consistantly amazing and photo mode adds nothing but a change in camera angles. I'm tired of people commenting on this when they have no clue what there talking about

Yes the game looks good but dont ignore LOD limits and inconsistent areas where detail does lack quite abit. And lol if you believe photo mode only changes camera angles who are you kidding? I guess you never played it eh?

"Giving people a way to hide the UI was an obvious path, but then we thought, what if we could provide some more power, open up the game engine a little bit and let everybody tweak the visuals the way we already do in-house" "Camera, depth of field, color grading – the support for manipulating these already existed in our game engine"

Photo mode adds post processing and filters also allows the temporal supersampling to shine, which works great with still images. Temporal supersampling in general does not work to well with full screen movement (tends to cause artifacts) which is why its only used on small objects usually .

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

Lighting looks great on PC.

That's nothing compared to Killzone:SF...

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@gpuking said:

A lot of PS4 games easily shit on it in graphics actually, for current released multiplat even Thief PS4 looks slightly better.

IIRC, it doesn't look that good. Something's fishy here...

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@04dcarraher: Adding DOF makes the images look worse. You can't add AA in photomode . So your telling me changing the colors make it look better? Yes I own the game and have took dozens of pictures. There is 0 gain in quality when you use photomode.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@dakan45: Console optimization isn't a myth, and your low level APIs will not help all pc games. You think devs are going to optimize for all three low level APIs on pc? Lmao really? You say console gamers are dumb for wanting to upgrade every 4 years but pc gamers usually need to do it far sooner. These consoles are already showing massive gains in less then a year and if you think a PC with a 7850 will be comparable to a PS4 a year from now you are delusional.

PS. Lmao about cloud streaming that's hilarious.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Console optimization the way consoler's blab it out as is the myth. Plenty of examples of comparable gpu's performing as well if not better. The low level API's aka dx 12 and Mantle will be the standards for new games. And to the fact that most dx 11 gpu's will see the gains from dx12 gives that much more of a user base. DX 12 and mantle lower cpu overhead and give more control over the gpu resources. Even with the lower overhead having any intel quad core cpu from the last 3-4 years has enough brute power to bypass dx 9 ,10 and 11's overhead giving little to no gains in feeding the gpu data.

You dont think devs are going to develop with two to three API's? yes they do and they will, they do it for two to three consoles and or on Pc as well, and then they have done it on pc having dx 9/10/and or dx11. Pc gamers only upgrade when they need to or want too consoler's dont have the option but have to buy a compete new system that tends to exclude the use of all games from the previous one. Also another reason to upgrade to to allow features and settings far beyond what the consoles can use and do. lol in thinking a pc with a modern cpu and 7850 wont be able to keep up with PS4.... PS4's cpu holds back the whole system in general.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@dakan45: Console optimization isn't a myth, and your low level APIs will not help all pc games. You think devs are going to optimize for all three low level APIs on pc? Lmao really? You say console gamers are dumb for wanting to upgrade every 4 years but pc gamers usually need to do it far sooner. These consoles are already showing massive gains in less then a year and if you think a PC with a 7850 will be comparable to a PS4 a year from now you are delusional.

PS. Lmao about cloud streaming that's hilarious.

8600gt/s managed to keep their ground for like 7 years, even then the titles in which they perform worse than 360/ps3 are still the minority. The 8800gts 320 which is the next in line managed to maintain for the most part it's superiority for 8 years and counting.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#73 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Not only one of the best looking games, but one of the best game duo's for current gen.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

yeah the humans look like smoothed wax dolls. the animation is beyond atrocious as well

The order

Killzone Shadowfall

Metro: 2033

Metro: Last Or Light

From using a fair comparison, it appears Metro has ultimately won.

Relax, you're both fucking idiots.