metal gear solid...u like it?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
i dont get why so many ppl love metal gears...i mean only 1 of all tis games has ever gotten a AAA rating, and there are tons of games like metal gears out right now.
so why r ppl buying ps3's for this game?

the first 1 was kinda good but then the rest sucked. then they kept getting credit for their games just cuz their first one was good.
just like final fantasy, ff7 and ff10 was good but then almsot most of the other ff games are the same as any other rpg with nothing special exept for brand name and hot chicks.
the thing with ps3 exclusives is u can never tell if they can produce the same good quality game they dd in the last ones
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
i dont like it, which is why i dont care if it comes to the 360 or not
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
It's pretty good wasn't as good after msg2 but still very good.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
its ok.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
If you think only one MGS game is worthy AAA status than you are sadly mistaken.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I loved the PS1 version and liked MGS3, that's about it.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

Also I'd like to know what's that ''ton'' of games like MGS you say are out now. You know so that I'd buy them at once.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
I've only tried one (can't remember which) but the storyline didn't really grab me at the time.
NY_Yankees_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NY_Yankees_FTW
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
it sure does help people with insomnia :D you know what i mean
Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts

i dont get why so many ppl love metal gears...i mean only 1 of all tis games has ever gotten a AAA rating, and there are tons of games like metal gears out right now.
chewy130

That is always a good point to bring up, because compaired to what Ubisoft Montreal cooks up with Splinter Cell 5, I'd say MGS4 isn't needed in the 360's portfolio.  I still say we're going to see it regardless, when MGS4:Substacialstance, or whatever it's called comes out sometime in 2009.  It's a money thing, pure and simple, and PS3 fanboys will just have to deal with it.:( 

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
So a good reason to not like it is because it only has 1 AAA title? And yes me like MGS series.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
chewy130
You're wrong, there is nothing like Metal Gear, and Kojima is a talented man. You are probably saying all of this because you have only played one for a few minutes or haven't even played it through.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I like.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Played first two Splinter Cells, will never play again.
Played MGS2, will never play again.

I just don't like stealth games.
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chewy130
One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

Also I'd like to know what's that ''ton'' of games like MGS you say are out now. You know so that I'd buy them at once.
tegovoltio
u heard of tom clancy?
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
i like to watch someone play.i can watch someone play a level and i'll try play the same level and cant do anything.but when i watch someone play,it looks awesome.thats why i call it movie gear solid,cuz i watch these long cutscenes and love watching someone pla.same as splintercell,just that i can play splintercell to a level and get stuck.stealth isnt my thing. and trust me,most lemmings just want mgs 4 on the 360 just to claim ownage
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
Second favorite series.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

chewy130
u heard of tom clancy?

That's an average game to me. The MGS experience you can't find it in other game. The detail, plot, quircks, boss fights etc, characters... You truly haven't experienced it yet.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Of course! Long live Solid Snake!
Zuluking187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zuluking187
Member since 2005 • 2561 Posts
MGS is a mediocore series imo.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

chewy130
u heard of tom clancy?

Splinter Cell is in no way like Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid always goes deeper with the story.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wiistation360
[QUOTE="chewy130"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

tegovoltio
u heard of tom clancy?

That's an average game to me. The MGS experience you can't find it in other game. The detail, plot, quircks, boss fights etc, characters... You truly haven't experienced it yet.

u need to play more splinter cell
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I think the story is crazy dumb and the gameplay is super boring.
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chewy130
i liked the first one becuz they had special things u cud do like switch the controllers to other side and clicking on analog stick and stuff....but the other ones werent as great.
its funny how a gen later mgs with better grpahics still dont beat the first 1
NY_Yankees_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NY_Yankees_FTW
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
MGS is a mediocore series imo.Zuluking187
i second your comment :D what this BORING serie needs is a touch of blood and a CHAINSAWWWWS!!!!!!!! to keep the things interesting YA :D
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="chewy130"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

wiistation360
u heard of tom clancy?

You need to play Metal Gear Solid.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="Zuluking187"]MGS is a mediocore series imo.NY_Yankees_FTW
i second your comment :D what this BORING serie needs is a touch of blood and a CHAINSAWWWWS!!!!!!!! to keep the things interesting :D

Chainsaws=best stealth weapon ever.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="NY_Yankees_FTW"][QUOTE="Zuluking187"]MGS is a mediocore series imo.shsonline
i second your comment :D what this BORING serie needs is a touch of blood and a CHAINSAWWWWS!!!!!!!! to keep the things interesting :D

Chainsaws=best stealth weapon ever.

Especially because all of the noise it makes when the man being attacked screams in horror. Chainsaws pwn.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
Best franchise, ever.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
ok in no way shape or form is splinter cell in the same league as metal gear solid. mgs has better bosses, better characters, and has a godlike storyline compared to that garbage splinter cell provides. first of all while this websites reviews have only given 1 mgs in the series AAA, if u look at gamerankings then u will see that a huge majority of critques think mgs is a great series, and that all 3 were AAA status. i mean im sorry the storyline in this game IMO cannot be compared with any other game its that good. i will definantly buy a ps3 for MGS4 just to see the ending to this brilliant series, and see how kojima will finish it off. i expect something grand and hard to forget. seriously mgs is a great series just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not a big game. look at the sales numbers of the other 3 games, they sold really well. way more than any of the splinter cell games.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="chewy130"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

wiistation360
u heard of tom clancy?

You mean the game I played on Xbox? It had average gameplay (to me) no miscellaneous, or detail, or interesting boss battles, the animation felt clumsy, specially for the guards, and I'm not even mentioning the plot. In MGS it's even fun to mess up with the guards.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp
i dont even know y im shocked. i mean this forum is known for its high level of fanboyish hatin.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Yeah, I love MGS. It's awesome.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
The MGS games have some of the best stories games have ever known.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wiistation360
[QUOTE="wiistation360"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="chewy130"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"]One of the best and most innovative games from the PS1 era.

X_CAPCOM_X
u heard of tom clancy?

You need to play Metal Gear Solid.

stealth isnt my thing
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 X_CAPCOM_X
ok in no way shape or form is splinter cell in the same league as metal gear solid. mgs has better bosses, better characters, and has a godlike storyline compared to that garbage splinter cell provides. first of all while this websites reviews have only given 1 mgs in the series AAA, if u look at gamerankings then u will see that a huge majority of critques think mgs is a great series, and that all 3 were AAA status. i mean im sorry the storyline in this game IMO cannot be compared with any other game its that good. i will definantly buy a ps3 for MGS4 just to see the ending to this brilliant series, and see how kojima will finish it off. i expect something grand and hard to forget. seriously mgs is a great series just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not a big game. look at the sales numbers of the other 3 games, they sold really well. way more than any of the splinter cell games. jg4xchamp
Yes, thank you for explaining this. I hate how people think that Splinter Cell is like Metal Gear Solid just because you sneak in both of them.
Hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Hershey07
Member since 2005 • 5634 Posts
It's pretty good wasn't as good after msg2 but still very good.klabut

Agreed.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
I have only played MGS for the PS1 and it was a fun and addicting game.
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
For me, the MGS is good, but not great. A steath game, with a typical convoluted JRPG style story interwoven (amnesia, checkered past, conspiricy, etc, etc) Good, different, slightly overrated. MGS is to modern consoles what Castlevania was to 8/16 bit ones......A very good series, but not a system seller.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]ok in no way shape or form is splinter cell in the same league as metal gear solid. mgs has better bosses, better characters, and has a godlike storyline compared to that garbage splinter cell provides. first of all while this websites reviews have only given 1 mgs in the series AAA, if u look at gamerankings then u will see that a huge majority of critques think mgs is a great series, and that all 3 were AAA status. i mean im sorry the storyline in this game IMO cannot be compared with any other game its that good. i will definantly buy a ps3 for MGS4 just to see the ending to this brilliant series, and see how kojima will finish it off. i expect something grand and hard to forget. seriously mgs is a great series just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not a big game. look at the sales numbers of the other 3 games, they sold really well. way more than any of the splinter cell games. X_CAPCOM_X
Yes, thank you for explaining this. I hate how people think that Splinter Cell is like Metal Gear Solid just because you sneak in both of them.

hey didnt u own me yesterday in that thing about microsoft, i love this forum one day the guy owning u the day before agrees with u. lol i dont know i think thats funny.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of my 5 favorite games of all time. That puts it up there with Perfect Dark, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Smash Bros Melee. That's some pretty damn esteemed company.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of my 5 favorite games of all time. That puts it up there with Perfect Dark, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Smash Bros Melee. That's some pretty damn esteemed company.

Are you getting a PS3 eventually for MGSIV (if it stays exclusive of course)?
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]ok in no way shape or form is splinter cell in the same league as metal gear solid. mgs has better bosses, better characters, and has a godlike storyline compared to that garbage splinter cell provides. first of all while this websites reviews have only given 1 mgs in the series AAA, if u look at gamerankings then u will see that a huge majority of critques think mgs is a great series, and that all 3 were AAA status. i mean im sorry the storyline in this game IMO cannot be compared with any other game its that good. i will definantly buy a ps3 for MGS4 just to see the ending to this brilliant series, and see how kojima will finish it off. i expect something grand and hard to forget. seriously mgs is a great series just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not a big game. look at the sales numbers of the other 3 games, they sold really well. way more than any of the splinter cell games. jg4xchamp

hey didnt u own me yesterday in that thing about microsoft, i love this forum one day the guy owning u the day before agrees with u. lol i dont know i think thats funny.

Yeah man, people that disagree on some things may agree on others. Also, grammar doesn't always matter on a forum. I hope I didn't offend you back then, I never want to make people feel bad. Anyway, business does cause people to do bad things to other people.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]ok in no way shape or form is splinter cell in the same league as metal gear solid. mgs has better bosses, better characters, and has a godlike storyline compared to that garbage splinter cell provides. first of all while this websites reviews have only given 1 mgs in the series AAA, if u look at gamerankings then u will see that a huge majority of critques think mgs is a great series, and that all 3 were AAA status. i mean im sorry the storyline in this game IMO cannot be compared with any other game its that good. i will definantly buy a ps3 for MGS4 just to see the ending to this brilliant series, and see how kojima will finish it off. i expect something grand and hard to forget. seriously mgs is a great series just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not a big game. look at the sales numbers of the other 3 games, they sold really well. way more than any of the splinter cell games. X_CAPCOM_X

Yeah man, people that disagree on some things may agree on others. Also, grammar doesn't always matter on a forum. I hope I didn't offend you back then, I never want to make people feel bad. Anyway, business does cause people to do bad things to other people.

yo no biggie, i wasnt even mad or anything, besides u didnt make the grammer comment. but thats cool no hard feelings, just different opinions.
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
I never liked it. I gave it a chance but I'm just not interested in the MGS series.
SyinnX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SyinnX
Member since 2005 • 839 Posts

Do people really care about ratings? All I keep saying is well this game only got a A rating, or a AA rating. If ratings is what make some of you people buy games, then thats dumb.

But yes I like MGS, its a good game, I dont think is really a "stealth" game. I think Splinter Cell is a better stealth game. But I do like MGS because it gets to me more, dont know why .. .dont ask.

buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
MGS was one of the best games I ever played.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of my 5 favorite games of all time. That puts it up there with Perfect Dark, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Smash Bros Melee. That's some pretty damn esteemed company.

If it stays exclusive, yes, I will. There are other games on the PS3 I'm interested in, but MGS 4 is the only real killer app, IMO. But what a killer app it is. I got by without getting a PSP (yet) because I borrowed my friend's and played Portable Ops on that. But borrowing a PS3? Not going to happen.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of my 5 favorite games of all time. That puts it up there with Perfect Dark, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Smash Bros Melee. That's some pretty damn esteemed company.

If it stays exclusive, yes, I will. There are other games on the PS3 I'm interested in, but MGS 4 is the only real killer app, IMO. But what a killer app it is. I got by without getting a PSP (yet) because I borrowed my friend's and played Portable Ops on that. But borrowing a PS3? Not going to happen.

LOL, same here, borrow PSP to play MPO. :P
Citan_Uzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Citan_Uzuki
Member since 2002 • 1865 Posts

the first 1 was kinda good but then the rest sucked. then they kept getting credit for their games just cuz their first one was good.
just like final fantasy, ff7 and ff10 was good but then almsot most of the other ff games are the same as any other rpg with nothing special exept for brand name and hot chicks.
the thing with ps3 exclusives is u can never tell if they can produce the same good quality game they dd in the last ones
chewy130

the fact you said there arte lots of games like it speaks volums about your opinion on the sewries which = squat. THe metal gear games are totally unique. Snakes camoflage and survival element as well as the the close quaters disarming combat from mgs 3 were all totally unique, although I admit the camo was inspired from sc light index which even kojima admitshe was inspired by. You are also wrong about the score mgs 2 and MGS 3 subsitanance both scored AAA scores. The fact they have involving and complex stories like no other series also is a big draw also can be a turn off for people who just want to shoot stuff but for those who like it it is a big draw. Throw in some of the best boss battles around and the series attention is definately warrented.
On another note the fact you mention the "only good" ff as 7 and 10 show how ignorant to both series you are. FF 6 by fans standards is still the best including my own not to mention 4 and 5 were amazing for their time throw in FF12's AAA score and well you get the point its obvious you don't like these games that much but please don't try to act like your opinion is valid especially with your obviously limited experience with both series.

**edited for spelling and grammer