Metal Gear Solid 4 has the most epic video game moments (SPOILERS)

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 0

#52 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Heh... Good idea :D Must be annoying that there's no way to skip the chapter installs though huh? ;)

manicfoot

i just take a 2 min break while it installs, post on forums, get a drink or something etc.

Jono789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Jono789
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

I will never forget the egg scene!! ROFL!

dalavos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 dalavos
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Games in the future that may dethrone MGS4 in my opinion are God Of War 3 and The Last Guardian.metalgear-solid

The Last Guardian, maybe. But GOW3 just won't have those moments of 'epicness'. Sure, great gameplay but I don't see it topping MGS4 when it comes to having memorable moments.

I think god of war has a epicness history and several epic moments like some battles with the gods, and some dramatic moments like when Hares de god of war controls the mind of Kratos and makes him kill his own wife and daughter, and when kratos is burnig their bodies the ashes merge themselves in their own skin (the cause of his white skin and the name of the ghost of sparta). I think he have a good reason for so much brutality and violence against the gods lol, I mean they not even left him suicide, with this all is clear that he wants to decapitate any god responsible for that.

But I agree that MGS4 as many epic moments.

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts
MGS4 is all epic for long time fans. Since 1987, the plot for the series continued to grow leaving many unanswered questions. MGS4 for some was to drawn out and not to memorable. For fans of the series, it was a satisfying end because after so many discussions and theories we finally got the answers we were looking for. For example, the microwave scene was memorable to me because I know the pains and sacrifices Snake made since the series began. People who chose MGS4 as their first MGS will not feel the same for some moments of MGS4 as long time fans. Another example, the final boss fight was memorable to me because i knew the long history behind it. MGS4 was pure fan service which is why some review sites gave it a lower score.
TR800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 TR800
Member since 2009 • 1814 Posts
I disagree TC
Power_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Power_47
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Ive been a fan since MGS1 and Ill say this. 4 was just huge fan-service which seems great at first but when you step back and look at it from a nonbias viewpoint its actually kind of a weak story. All the plotholes were filled, but they were ALL filled with nanomachines, Kojimas explanation for everything. I liked the mystery behind vamp, seeing MGS4 spend 20 minutes trying to convince us that his lame backstory actually makes sense is quite amusing but for all the wrong reasons. And Raidens "death" loses any impact as he just randomly comes back afew minutes later with no explanation whatsoever other then "Im a ninja". And the worst part of the game was the ending, and as cool as it was to see Big Boss, his "revalations" will go down as one of the most epic cop outs in video game history

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

very big MGS fan. i loved the game, hated the ending. the cutscenes in the game seemed to lack punch and were too drawn out. and dont get me started on that wedding....

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 h575309
MGS4 is all epic for long time fans. Since 1987, the plot for the series continued to grow leaving many unanswered questions. MGS4 for some was to drawn out and not to memorable. For fans of the series, it was a satisfying end because after so many discussions and theories we finally got the answers we were looking for. For example, the microwave scene was memorable to me because I know the pains and sacrifices Snake made since the series began. People who chose MGS4 as their first MGS will not feel the same for some moments of MGS4 as long time fans. Another example, the final boss fight was memorable to me because i knew the long history behind it. MGS4 was pure fan service which is why some review sites gave it a lower score. liquidsnake1987
fighting ocelot was cool but i wish they wouldve stuck with classic mgs gunplay instead of some random fighting mechanic thrown in at the end.
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 liquidsnake1987
[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]MGS4 is all epic for long time fans. Since 1987, the plot for the series continued to grow leaving many unanswered questions. MGS4 for some was to drawn out and not to memorable. For fans of the series, it was a satisfying end because after so many discussions and theories we finally got the answers we were looking for. For example, the microwave scene was memorable to me because I know the pains and sacrifices Snake made since the series began. People who chose MGS4 as their first MGS will not feel the same for some moments of MGS4 as long time fans. Another example, the final boss fight was memorable to me because i knew the long history behind it. MGS4 was pure fan service which is why some review sites gave it a lower score. h575309
fighting ocelot was cool but i wish they wouldve stuck with classic mgs gunplay instead of some random fighting mechanic thrown in at the end.

imo i dont think it would of been as memorable as the fist fight, there was a lot of history behind those punches which felt satisfying when i was pounding away at ocelot
xgamer40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 xgamer40
Member since 2006 • 3913 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]MGS4 is all epic for long time fans. Since 1987, the plot for the series continued to grow leaving many unanswered questions. MGS4 for some was to drawn out and not to memorable. For fans of the series, it was a satisfying end because after so many discussions and theories we finally got the answers we were looking for. For example, the microwave scene was memorable to me because I know the pains and sacrifices Snake made since the series began. People who chose MGS4 as their first MGS will not feel the same for some moments of MGS4 as long time fans. Another example, the final boss fight was memorable to me because i knew the long history behind it. MGS4 was pure fan service which is why some review sites gave it a lower score. liquidsnake1987

imo i dont think it would of been as memorable as the fist fight, there was a lot of history behind those punches which felt satisfying when i was pounding away at ocelot

It was much more memorable with the fist fight, it was mainly an ode to the first games final battle, the two brothers, fighting it out, on top of a metal Gear. The moment the fight started I immediately thought of the first game, it was a nostalgic experience, and one of my favorite parts of the game.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
The microwave scene was fantastic. Though MGS4 needed *more* moments like that.
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 liquidsnake1987
[QUOTE="xgamer40"][QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="h575309"] fighting ocelot was cool but i wish they wouldve stuck with classic mgs gunplay instead of some random fighting mechanic thrown in at the end.

It was much more memorable with the fist fight, it was mainly an ode to the first games final battle, the two brothers, fighting it out, on top of a metal Gear. The moment the fight started I immediately thought of the first game, it was a nostalgic experience, and one of my favorite parts of the game.

same here, the cutscene before the fight was also memorable, favorite part was when Snake shouted "LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQQQQUUUUIDDD" gave me goosebumps
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]MGS4 is all epic for long time fans. Since 1987, the plot for the series continued to grow leaving many unanswered questions. MGS4 for some was to drawn out and not to memorable. For fans of the series, it was a satisfying end because after so many discussions and theories we finally got the answers we were looking for. For example, the microwave scene was memorable to me because I know the pains and sacrifices Snake made since the series began. People who chose MGS4 as their first MGS will not feel the same for some moments of MGS4 as long time fans. Another example, the final boss fight was memorable to me because i knew the long history behind it. MGS4 was pure fan service which is why some review sites gave it a lower score.

Ive played every mgs since the 1st (excluding the sides like acid or portable) and have replayed the 3rd three times (i never replay games). By all means I am a fan of the series and was honestly planning on buying a PS3 just for that game. However that doesnt save mgs4 from being drawn out and excruiciating at times. For every beautiful moment like the microwave, the motor cycle, raiden stopping the ship, drebin speeches. Theres a whole load of garbage to counter it; like Meryl, Akiba, horrible pathetic and drawn out ending (after credits role), ocelots ridiculous finger poking when he gets the nano machines working (how does a moment that could be so amazing come of as such utter crap is beyond me) MGS4 is a fan service for people that loved MGS2, but it seems to have lost the magic that made the 3rd entry such an amazing game....
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 h575309
[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="h575309"] fighting ocelot was cool but i wish they wouldve stuck with classic mgs gunplay instead of some random fighting mechanic thrown in at the end.xgamer40

well i thought maybe there would be more than one part to the fight..... it just seemed like there wasnt enough gameplay in the last act... i dunno i shouldnt say i dont like the game i have played it twice haha.... i guess i always just want MORE
reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts

I started a run for the BBE a few days ago. I'm at the bike chase and its wicked difficult. It's a whole different ball game going for no alerts/kills/continues and recovery items.

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts

'twas corny.

WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="metalgear-solid"]

[QUOTE="daveg1"]yes they were great but echo through gaming history lol..nVidiaGaMer

Okay, maybe my wording wasn't the best. But the point remains the same. MGS4 managed to produce some of the most memorable gaming scenes of all time.

Yes but so do all the other 3 MGS games. Psycho Mantis from MGS, then Vamp in MGS 2, and my personal favorite The End in MGS 3 it was an hour long sniper boss battle which was more epic then shooting aliens in Crysis lol.

I would have to agree that The End in MGS 3 was one of the coolest boss battles in video games. I have never been much of a fan of the MGS boss battles, but this one really stands out among the others in the series, andvideo games in general.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#70 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="daveg1"]yes they were great but echo through gaming history lol..metalgear-solid

Okay, maybe my wording wasn't the best. But the point remains the same. MGS4 managed to produce some of the most memorable gaming scenes of all time.

Yeah but that is the problem for me. Those are scenes. I can't play them. Memorable gaming, imo, is Surface Tension in Half Life, discovering how to beat Psycho Mantis in MGS, beating the Holy Vigoor emperor in NGB. I watched more memorable scenes than I played in MGS 4. That doesn't mean it's not great, but, imo, it's flawed.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#71 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="xgamer40"][QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]imo i dont think it would of been as memorable as the fist fight, there was a lot of history behind those punches which felt satisfying when i was pounding away at ocelotliquidsnake1987

same here, the cutscene before the fight was also memorable, favorite part was when Snake shouted "LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQQQQUUUUIDDD" gave me goosebumps

Yeah I was really into that, but finding out it was all an elaborate cover up and not Liquid sucked.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"][QUOTE="Andrewlee"]Yes, the scene at the end of act 3 was mindblowing, but it's a pity it was not in-engine (if it was it would mean that PS3 is reaaally powerful).Sneaky_Gopher
It was in-engine, why wouldn't it be?

That was like the only scene that wasnt in engine. Hence why you cant move the camera with the dpad.Edit: MGS4 has gone down as one of my favorite games of all time. I wasnt trying to troll or anything by saying it wasnt in engine.

Just for clarification pre-rendered =/= Inengine The scene was made in-engine, but it was pre-rendered with more powerful hardware and saved as a movie file (not real time rendering from the PS3)