Metal Gear Solid 4: Big three says best game ever made on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

I have been gammig for over 20 years and MGSIV is one of the best games a ever played. And i have played a lot and a lot of games, and a lot of consoles. By far better than GTAIV for me GTAIV is not even the best GTA game. And is far better than Bioshock, Gears and Halo and far Better tahn COD4. Mario galazy had a great gameplay but the story of MGS is so great and is the first game that really look like a movie. Those reviewers that scores MGS an 8 do not understand the game, are a lot of rookies sites. Or are plain haters that want the gaming world to not evolve, and stays in the same crap stile of FPS RPG with the same gameplay.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
well i agree, MGS4 is indeed one of the greatest video games ever made. but seriously the fanboys in this forum are just jealous the big three didnt say that about their game.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="mVolta"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Yes, cause your opinion > professional opinions.:roll: How entertaining...

CreasianDevaili

yea and those proffesional reviewers also said its the greatest game ever made. ur posts are always so arrogant. maybe u should come to terms with REALITY and pull ur head out ur @ass

Someof those reviewers said it was the greatest game ever made. Some disagreed. There's a reason it has a lower average at Gamerankings than GTA4.

You prioritize certain reviewers over others. You're allowed to do that, but you can't pick 3 reviewers and say that it's everyone's opinion.

They are 4 respected reviewers that has history in the gaming industry, the only reviewer that I think of right now which is worth mentioning is Gametrailers.

As for getting lower average, it is because of the weak and new reviewers, it seems now anyone with no journialist background can write reviews just for the sake of being included in gamerankings and metacritic.

And who cares about them anyways? do you really go by reviewers other than the veterans in the gaming industry?

Hmm yes. Gamespot proved awhile back that professional veteran reviewers are worth more than their weight in gold. Gamespot is great for game information and a gamer hub but I no longer read their reviews. Gamepro isnt even a factor. IGN isnt bad but once again its more about the money than the honest truth.

Not saying MGS4 is bad. I bet it absolutely rocks. That dosent remove the atmosphere that the game isnt for everyone and it just might not be... perfect?

Here comes the conspiracy theories.

Seriously though, if you don't agree with these sites, it's ok, if you want the word of fans, go to the user score and see for yourself or whatever makes you happy.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

Someof those reviewers said it was the greatest game ever made. Some disagreed. There's a reason it has a lower average at Gamerankings than GTA4.

You prioritize certain reviewers over others. You're allowed to do that, but you can't pick 3 reviewers and say that it's everyone's opinion.

HAZE-Unit

They are 4 respected reviewers that has history in the gaming industry, the only reviewer that I think of right now which is worth mentioning is Gametrailers.

As for getting lower average, it is because of the weak and new reviewers, it seems now anyone with no journialist background can write reviews just for the sake of being included in gamerankings and metacritic.

And who cares about them anyways? do you really go by reviewers other than the veterans in the gaming industry?

You're still cherry-picking opinions, even if they're from those sites in particular.

Gametrailers gave the game a 9.3, pinning story at 8.7. 1UP gave it an A-. Eurogamer gave it an 8. I know you'll say that those reviews don't count for whatever reason, because they don't agree with you. You can disagree with them, but you can't say they're invalid because 'they don't understand Metal Gear'. Why don't they understand the game?

I don't blindly follow any particular site. I read the reviews, and I make up my mind based on what they say. If a reviewer isn't credible, it'll come out in the writing. Regardless, I was basically certain I was getting MGS4 before the first review hit. The bundle made me go out and get a PS3.

You know what? I think it's a fantastic game, and I love how it plays. But I think the story is a convoluted mess that spends way too much time on its own history, and not enough time actually being interesting. I don't think it's one of the greatest games of all time. Some reviews agree with me, and some don't. It doesn't matter. But I agree more with some of the reviews that you say are worthless because they're written by 'newcomers' than reviews written by your flawless veterans.

No opinion is objectively correct for all people.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

I have been gammig for over 20 years and MGSIV is one of the best games a ever played. And i have played a lot and a lot of games, and a lot of consoles. By far better than GTAIV for me GTAIV is not even the best GTA game. And is far better than Bioshock, Gears and Halo and far Better tahn COD4. Mario galazy had a great gameplay but the story of MGS is so great and is the first game that really look like a movie. Those reviewers that scores MGS an 8 do not understand the game, are a lot of rookies sites. Or are plain haters that want the gaming world to not evolve, and stays in the same crap stile of FPS RPG with the same gameplay.

fjburgos

I will go as far as to say, it is the best game of this gen. There are parts that dragged on to long and boared me, but overall this game has it all. It really is a reason to own a ps3, finally after all the disappointments the ps3 has brought me. This game really has alot of replay value, there are so many ways to play it. Exceded all my exectations

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

For a second there I thought you ment the Big Three is Nintento, Microsoft, and Sony, but nope.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts

Seriously, who cares what bio thinks, for some reason his posts annoy me more than anyone else's in systemwars.lolkie_81

If someone is getting you so annoyed in a game forum you are basically fuming I feel bad for you. :?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="lolkie_81"]Seriously, who cares what bio thinks, for some reason his posts annoy me more than anyone else's in systemwars.XturnalS

:( You just hurt him/her/it.

Nope, he's always posting things to "offend" me. It's funny how others say I'm arrogant, then a sentence later, they throw out an insult. :| Wow. I can't believe people get offended over video games. I'll stick to mature discussions. I'm not one for insult crap slingin'.

Oh please Bio, stop it, u said to pariah that Your opinion > Professionals Opinions.. How entertaining?

wow nice backdoor insult. Don't play that higher then thou crap, when you get your hands dirty just like everyone else. Just because they say it straight up to you minus the sarcaism and arrogance doesnt mean you don't do it.

Its stupid ass posts like that are why nobody takes you seriously and just because u gave MGS4 a 10 doesnt mean that you still don't bash it at every opportunity you get.

Its fine that you like GTAIV more then MGS4 but quit trying to play the victim...

Simmer down. There's no need for that kind of talk.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

GameRankings says:
GTA IV > MGS4

Reality strikes!

mVolta

Even if I were to entertain the idea that Metal Gear Solid 4 is overrated, which I don't, I would still be able to say that MGS4 is far closer to a 10 than GTAIV.

In fringe situations, GameRankings can be wrong. Now is one of those times.

yea and those proffesional reviewers also said its the greatest game ever made. ur posts are always so arrogant. maybe u should come to terms with REALITY and pull ur head out ur @ass

Says the poster whos only been here for less than a month.

wittinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 wittinator
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

Yes, cause your opinion > professional opinions.:roll: How entertaining...BioShockOwnz

Lol....there is no such thing as a "professional opinion" rofl...that completely contradicts the meaning of "opinion." Think before you post.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

For a second there I thought you ment the Big Three is Nintento, Microsoft, and Sony, but nope.

ReverseCycology

heheh, I thought exactly the same thing when I read the headline of the article.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="XturnalS"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="lolkie_81"]Seriously, who cares what bio thinks, for some reason his posts annoy me more than anyone else's in systemwars.BioShockOwnz

Nope, he's always posting things to "offend" me. It's funny how others say I'm arrogant, then a sentence later, they throw out an insult. :| Wow. I can't believe people get offended over video games. I'll stick to mature discussions. I'm not one for insult crap slingin'.

Oh please Bio, stop it, u said to pariah that Your opinion > Professionals Opinions.. How entertaining?

wow nice backdoor insult. Don't play that higher then thou crap, when you get your hands dirty just like everyone else. Just because they say it straight up to you minus the sarcaism and arrogance doesnt mean you don't do it.

Its stupid ass posts like that are why nobody takes you seriously and just because u gave MGS4 a 10 doesnt mean that you still don't bash it at every opportunity you get.

Its fine that you like GTAIV more then MGS4 but quit trying to play the victim...

Seriously Bio these kids are taking these games too seriously. :lol:

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="XturnalS"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="thrones"]

XturnalS

Yep, you know its true, and anyone on this board who knows you knows its true. But please don't come with that lame ass "no need for that kind of talk.

Don't like it when some1 calls you out?

Oh, it's HEATING UP NOW!

/popcorn

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, cause your opinion > professional opinions.:roll: How entertaining...wittinator

Lol....there is no such thing as a "professional opinion" rofl...that completely contradicts the meaning of "opinion."

They're professional reviewers. They get paid for their professional opinion, which means their opinion is more valuable than your typical joe. It's true.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 joker730
[QUOTE="mVolta"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

GameRankings says:
GTA IV > MGS4

Reality strikes!

Jacboy71

Even if I were to entertain the idea that Metal Gear Solid 4 is overrated, which I don't, I would still be able to say that MGS4 is far closer to a 10 than GTAIV.

never heard of multiple accounts maybe his last one got banned who knows.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="XturnalS"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="lolkie_81"]Seriously, who cares what bio thinks, for some reason his posts annoy me more than anyone else's in systemwars.XturnalS

Yep, you know its true, and anyone on this board who knows you knows its true. But please don't come with that lame ass "no need for that kind of talk.

WHOAA!!

Someone thinks their a badass. :roll:

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BioShockOwnz

XturnalS

Yeah, sorry... I don't fight with people on message boards. I come here to talk about gaming, not to "put 'em up".

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="mVolta"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

GameRankings says:
GTA IV > MGS4

Reality strikes!

joker730

No not at all.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="wittinator"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, cause your opinion > professional opinions.:roll: How entertaining...BioShockOwnz

Lol....there is no such thing as a "professional opinion" rofl...that completely contradicts the meaning of "opinion."

They're professional reviewers. They get paid for their professional opinion, which means their opinion is more valuable than your typical joe. It's true.

I bet someone paid you to post this professional sarcasm.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 joker730
[QUOTE="joker730"][QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="mVolta"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

GameRankings says:
GTA IV > MGS4

Reality strikes!

Jacboy71

No not at all.

well it happens its allowed on GS just letting you know.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
[QUOTE="XturnalS"]Yep, you know its true, and anyone on this board who knows you knows its true. But please don't come with that lame ass "no need for that kind of talk.

BioShockOwnz

Yeah, sorry... I don't fight with people on message boards. I come here to talk about gaming, not to "put 'em up".

Its not about fighting its about maning up and quit playing the victim. U havent brought anything to say that u haven't done that things I say your doing.

So one who can't produce any evidence saying they don't do these things has some reason for not, (i.e. u know its right) so unless otherwise... I saying your ***** made.

And its not about the fighting jacboy and im not catching feelings, but I call a spade a spade...

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

Here comes the conspiracy theories.

Seriously though, if you don't agree with these sites, it's ok, if you want the word of fans, go to the user score and see for yourself or whatever makes you happy.

HAZE-Unit

Well none of it will make me happy because I honestly dont care about MGS4. I do, however, care about people like you that try and let the big gaming network sites speak for you yourself. Then, in comparison, tell others that they are of an inferior understanding because they do not conflict a hobby of theirs with responsibility. There are alot of people out there that dont want their gaming hobby ruined by having to deal with very common drama associated with an professional media outlet.

Also about conspiracy theories.. there are none. Its a simple relation of the events that took place. No big deal overall but something does weigh in on the "respected professional" comments you made earlier as an defense. It is intended as face value only in the SAME light of you saying that because YOU respect a site's review that it has any worth to anyone else aside from their own personal perception.

I.E. The reviewers themselves are neither right nor wrong. A review is just an opinion and they are all biased by the author's personal preferences. That is why reviews suffer when someone from one console division or experience in an genre is switch to another unfamiliar one. In the same manner as Game Design itself.. you specialize in a sub area and go with it. That, mixed with the fact that business is about money and online ads, gives a contrast to the notion of "best game of this generation of consoles".

No reviewer has played and truely appreciated every big title on every console equally.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="XturnalS"]Yep, you know its true, and anyone on this board who knows you knows its true. But please don't come with that lame ass "no need for that kind of talk.

XturnalS

Its not about fighting its about maning up and quit playing the victim. U havent brought anything to say that u haven't done that things I say your doing.

So one who can't produce any evidence saying they don't do these things has some reason for not, (i.e. u know its right) so unless otherwise... I saying your ***** made.

And its not about the fighting jacboy and im not catching feelings, but I call a spade a spade...

Homie your on a gaming forum telling someone to MAN UP, that your calling him OUT, and that he is B**** Made.

I say you are catching feelings and its a litlle sad but hey I call a spade a spade.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 XturnalS

Yeah, I am. But i put **** in perspective. Im saying that he is, and hes not giving me anything that says otherwise. And who are you to say what I am or am not doing? do u know me? nah brah, so get off my jac. Boy.

Sry that I can see the hypocrasy in his posts. And when I do imma call it out. doesnt matter who it is.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jacboy71

Yeah, I am. But i put **** in perspective. Im saying that he is, and hes not giving me anything that says otherwise. And who are you to say what I am or am not doing? do u know me? nah brah, so get off my jac. Boy.

Sry that I can see the hypocrasy in his posts. And when I do imma call it out. doesnt matter who it is.

XturnalS

Ok kid you have been fun talking to but you seem to be gettin too emotional lol. You ain't put nuttin in perspective all you did was hurl insults like a child you ain't bout nothin nor did you prove nothin... Scratch that brah you proved that you can't hold an argument like a man be easy cuz.

Love.Live.Life and im gone.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 XturnalS

and what did u prove cuz? not a gotdamn thing. If u can tell me that insulting some1 with sarcasm then turning around and crying foul against those that do it to you isnt ***** made? Being a fakeboy is ***** made, Dissing a game you havent played is ***** made.

So r u gonna tell me that isnt the case?

loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yes, cause your opinion > professional opinions.:roll: How entertaining...Pariah_001

Professionalopinions? For videogames? I didn't realize there was a college course for reviewing videogames.

Delusional much?

The college course is called Journalism. Until you write hundreds of reviews like some of these "professional" journalists do, then your opinion is just that, an opinion. when you get a review published for thousands or millions of people to read, then your opinion will be, again, just that, Your opinion. Are you delusional much?
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jacboy71

and what did u prove cuz? not a gotdamn thing. If u can tell me that insulting some1 with sarcasm then turning around and crying foul against those that do it to you isnt ***** made? Being a fakeboy is ***** made, Dissing a game you havent played is ***** made.

XturnalS

Are you saying he doesn't have MGS4? Cuz I could have sworn I was on my ps3 earlier and saw his tag playing it.

So if he disses the damn game he can cuz he played it quite alot actually.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BioShockOwnz

XturnalS

Fail! Jacboy is on my PSN friends list and I'm sure he's seen me on MGS4.