Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@howmakewood said:

@R4gn4r0k: "basically saturates some of the colors and adds sharpness." so yes it does alter the colors too but there is sharpening effect too, which is clearly visible in those pics

Game looks fine to me, I'm not going to tinker with it.

Same with Wach_dogs, never felt the need to tinker with it as the game looked absolutely good to me.

Playing this 1080p, with max settings, with motion blur off and though I'm not really experiencing any chopiness, all I need is the 60FPS patch that is launching this weekend, and I'm good :)

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@howmakewood said:

@R4gn4r0k: "basically saturates some of the colors and adds sharpness." so yes it does alter the colors too but there is sharpening effect too, which is clearly visible in those pics

Game looks fine to me, I'm not going to tinker with it.

Same with Wach_dogs, never felt the need to tinker with it as the game looked absolutely good to me.

Playing this 1080p, with max settings, with motion blur off and though I'm not really experiencing any chopiness, all I need is the 60FPS patch that is launching this weekend, and I'm good :)

Aye I'll see how it looks, I have it installed, prob waiting for the patch to arrive before starting it, wont have time today anyway

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@howmakewood said:

Aye I'll see how it looks, I have it installed, prob waiting for the patch to arrive before starting it, wont have time today anyway

Just played an hour of this and the 30FPS is perfectly playable, shooting feels responsive and snappy. I'm playing with a controller and no aim assist and it's all good :)

Of course, when given the option you'd always go with higher FPS if you can.

I used to be a big fan of graphical updates, graphical mods. Especially for older games. But for newer games I see them using a lot of dirty tricks: light being overly bright, dark being unseeably dark, bloom upon bloom upon bloom, ...

Something like DSR is absolutely amazing to make your games look better. But I'm not a big fan of Bloom, Depth of Field and Blur, those are options I always turn off by default.

I'm going back to playing Mafia III :p Check it out when you have the time ;)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#54 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Well it's Console game. Luckily PC version is getting 60fps patch this weekend. Game itself hasn't impressed me so far.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Already knew the game was going to be shit. Now I know that it runs like shit as well.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

UPDATE [10/6 / 6PM PT]: We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!

LINK

If they don't want flak, they should try to finish their game before asking money for it. Asshats.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: For what it's worth the story and gunplay is a lot better than in GTA V.

They probably shot themselves in the foot by going open-world but so far it's not half bad.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

patch is coming, sad though people think the game is unplayable in such a state though

on the upside, GameSpot did their own Xbox One livestream of it, and I'm impressed by the performance on the weaker system and that's what I'm getting it on, no doubt PS4 even will have a better performance and I'm sure Digital Foundry will be all over that if they're not already with their zoomed in still shots and analytic frame counter to let us know what our normal human eyes can't see, and 30fps isn't horrible for PC, on that end if you got the rig then you at least can run it at max settings and whatever, have a much better looking game on an unwavering 30fps, and make due until the higher framerate supports are available

still though, PC master races need to stop acting like such reactionary crybabies, they're basically taking this game down into No Man's Sky review territories on Steam off such a petty issue that's already being addressed

You might want to learn what you're talking about before putting people down. If you're used to higher frame rates, 30FPS just feels choppy, unresponsive, and not fun. Yes, 30FPS can look like a slideshow to some people. On top of that, since you're not a PC gamer you've never tried using a mouse at 30FPS before. It's terrible, trust me. Lock your monitor to 30Hz and try using your mouse to see what I mean. There's nothing petty about this. You may be used to 30FPS, but that doesn't instantly make it fun or playable to everyone on the planet.

Freeskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Freeskill
Member since 2016 • 35 Posts

I got it this morning, i will see how it runs after work but i think it is not all that bad as everyone is making it out to be. i see this a lot lately people getting mad at the developers. I get that 100% but it is a waste of time getting angry at them. Just wait for a bit and the fix is here no worries. if it bothers you that much pick up any other game you were doing and continue with that for a bit while you wait for it. You are only gonna make yourself more angry when you keep reading on forums about how bad it is in this day and age to lock it to 30 fps, do not let yourself be fueled.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Guys, you don't get it - it's the good old cinematic blurry 30fps.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#61 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Cloud_imperium: For what it's worth the story and gunplay is a lot better than in GTA V.

They probably shot themselves in the foot by going open-world but so far it's not half bad.

Nice. Do you recommend it or should I wait for sale or something.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Nice. Do you recommend it or should I wait for sale or something.

Can't say yet. I'm just an hour in. Took a bit of time to get used to the 30fps lock. So far the strong points are the acting, characters and brutal gunfights. The weapons have a lot more weight to them and the ragdoll physics are great. You can really feel the hurt when you shoot or punch someone. Story is a lot more engaging than in GTA V/IV. Also the pacing at the beginning is a bit on the slow side but it is needed for the exposition of the plot.

I like it so far. Nothing revolutionary but it's good fun and engaging. I have yet to test the free-roaming and open-world mechanics which is what will really make or break the game.

Unlike may on Steam I don't go apeshit because of a 30fps lock. I don't like it but I'll try to judge the game for its gameplay not performance that is not up to par with my standards. Hell I should be the one bitching. I got two 1080's lol.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@lamprey263 said:

patch is coming, sad though people think the game is unplayable in such a state though

on the upside, GameSpot did their own Xbox One livestream of it, and I'm impressed by the performance on the weaker system and that's what I'm getting it on, no doubt PS4 even will have a better performance and I'm sure Digital Foundry will be all over that if they're not already with their zoomed in still shots and analytic frame counter to let us know what our normal human eyes can't see, and 30fps isn't horrible for PC, on that end if you got the rig then you at least can run it at max settings and whatever, have a much better looking game on an unwavering 30fps, and make due until the higher framerate supports are available

still though, PC master races need to stop acting like such reactionary crybabies, they're basically taking this game down into No Man's Sky review territories on Steam off such a petty issue that's already being addressed

It's a major AAA game that achieved its stardom on PC. If they screwed up the PC port, then it deserves to get slain.

and no one really gives a **** outside of this community. Tons of people will buy it since that is the generation we live in now. Honestly 30 fps??? Is that what gamers nowadays are reduced to. The sorry state of gaming we live in today is insane.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@hayato_ said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@lamprey263 said:

It's a major AAA game that achieved its stardom on PC. If they screwed up the PC port, then it deserves to get slain.

and no one really gives a **** outside of this community. Tons of people will buy it since that is the generation we live in now. Honestly 30 fps??? Is that what gamers nowadays are reduced to. The sorry state of gaming we live in today is insane.

Yeah, only this community and pretty much literally half of the gamers on Steam.

I'm sorry your standards are so low? Apparently, half of these Steam users don't have such low standards.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

WOW enemy AI???

game is disaster. steam reviews are very very negative.

Tommy Angelo crying on his grave.

This is what happens if you attempt to imitate GTA. Poor devs going this route that leads to their downfall. Should have stick to what they're good at like in Mafia 1 and 2.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hayato_ said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, only this community and pretty much literally half of the gamers on Steam.

I'm sorry your standards are so low? Apparently, half of these Steam users don't have such low standards.

To be fair, if you read the reviews, the vast majority gave middling or low reviews because of the 30fps, not because it is a bad game.

Most of those say that it is a good/great game but complain about the framerate...........which should be fixed by tomorrow.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I think the game has a lot to go on in optimization, and the graphics are very inconsistent. But I enjoy the game, just like the previous Mafia games. Tried to run it at 4k on my 970, I can forget that LOL. Even 1400p was a bit choppy, had to go down to 1080p.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Just remember people the Publisher is likely the one at fault here not specifically the Developers who worked hard on making the game.

Publisher dictates what the acceptable minimum standards are for ports and how much budget will be allocated towards them being able to develop the port.

The buck always stops with the publisher - it's on their heads because they say when the game goes live. They also control the PR and information and as evidenced left mentioning the 30 fps lock till pretty much as late as they could.

No doubt there are writers, level designers, artists, voice actors, sound engineers and countless others who poured their all into making this game the last couple of years are feeling terrible about the situation that is out of their control.

2K will happily throw them all under the bus if you let them - hold the publisher responsible if you want things to even have a chance at changing.

@lamprey263 said:

A lot of people are questioning why the PC community is so angry at the whole 30 fps situation. It's mainly the fact that they decided to wait until the DAY before release to let us know about the 30 fps cap. Hell, it wasn't even them who let us know! It was people who got the game early and decided to stream it. It's a damn shame, and now they're acting like they're doing us a favor by adding in a patch that enables 60+ fps. This should be the standard in EVERY PC game. Honestly developers have been pulling shit like this on PC gamers for far too long. I'm getting really sick of these content issues and bad ports that come our way.

They should have just delayed the PC version by a few days. They obviously would have known there would be an outrage over the 30FPS cap, but if they were honest about it from the start saying the game wasn't ready for PC then they wouldn't have embarrassed themselves.

@navyguy21 said:

Hopefully just an ini edit, ill fix that myself

Even if there is a way to unlock the framerate or change it to 60, you can bet that the performance will be terrible. That's the most logical reason for the cap. Because the developer knows people can't reach a stable 60 fps while their card should be able to handle it, similar to Dead rising or Arkham knight. In essence a lazy port.

Has more problems than just a cap as well, it crashes and has performance issues even at 30. Deserve all the negativity they get, you don't release a game for full price in this state especially while trying to deceive people with review embargoes. Just not how you do business.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Yay, there's a patch. Gonna get it then.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@eliminatorpaige said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@eliminatorpaige said:

PS4 then.

PC is getting 60fps and unlimited FPS patch this weekend.

When is mafia III on PS4 getting 60fps ?

@howmakewood said:

Found this from gaf that might help with the blurrines:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6203/

Pretty striking difference with a simple sharpening filter

Seems like a color filter, not a blur filter.

Anyway, I just spend over an hour in this game, it does not look blurry to me :/

Says who?

You are quoting me so ...

Me ?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@eliminatorpaige: well the fps patch is out already