Looks like we've got a new Graphics King - Reset (PC)

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

First gameplay teaser for Reset is out.

If that's not the king of graphics, I don't know what is. Game looks interesting, if a bit slow. I'm not a big fan of puzzle games. The amount of detail in the environment paired with the graphics engine is going to make the game super immersive though.

#2 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

mha... my eyes must be bad

#3 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Same here. Don't get me wrong it looks nice but Crysis 3 , KZ and even Ryse look nicer.

#4 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it is.

#5 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

Wow, really? Crysis 3 certainly doesn't look better. KZ and Ryse aren't close to it either. Especially KZ and Ryse.

#6 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

Looks pretty sweet if that's actual gameplay footage. Looks like some sort of timeshifting puzzle game.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46263 posts) -

The water hitting the surface looked really really bad. Everything else looked amazing

#8 Edited by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

Yea nothing really going on. Nothing impressive really.

#9 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

I found the rain...... Odd?

Besides that, it looks very pretty.

As I mentioned before, I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it's supposed to be.... Obviously not an action title.

#10 Posted by Chozofication (2733 posts) -

Looks terrible all around. Looks like it's using Source engine and that rain belongs on the N64.

#11 Posted by akimbo_atato (34 posts) -

It has some great textures.

#12 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Oh great. Just what we needed. Anther pointless graphics thread. Now the Hermits will show up.

#13 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

Just rewatched it and the good stuff starts at around the 2 minute mark.

I still think the collision between the rain and those shovable carts looks weird, but it also does some really nice things.

#14 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Looks great, definitely not graphics king, so many low polygon models and the rain looks weird.

#15 Edited by bobbetybob (19127 posts) -

It looks as good as a bunch of other games, PC doesn't really have a graphics king anymore and it doesn't need one either when you've got great looking games coming out every month.

#16 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

Looks great, definitely not graphics king, so many low polygon models and the rain looks weird.

That's true, it looks quite Indie.

#17 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

@Clock-w0rk: What low polygon models? The rain effect on the ground is certainly really terrible, but the rest of the it is top notch. I have no idea why people aren't seeing that. I'm as big of a graphics whore as you can get too.

#18 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -
#19 Edited by RossRichard (2330 posts) -

Looks like a film school project. While the graphics aren't bad, what is it about?

#20 Posted by Suppaman100 (3719 posts) -

Looks OK, seen much better looking games though.

#21 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

There's not enough going on in the video to really show anything.

#22 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -
#23 Posted by Tessellation (8796 posts) -

looks better than KZ SF

#24 Edited by Chozofication (2733 posts) -

It reminds me of Enslaved odyssey to the West, but amateurish.

And I swear it's using Source, isn't it?

#25 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Haven't heard about this game before but looks amazing. And a puzzle game! I thought it was a shooter. I don't know if graphics king but it looks nice.

#26 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

Not all that impressed, what's with the crazy ass aliasing? Animations seem terrible as well.

#27 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -
#28 Posted by Silenthps (7274 posts) -
#29 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

@Silenthps: That's just because it's a very clean model with a very simple texture. Seems to fit the artstyle that the world is some futuristic society gone wrong.

#30 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1680 posts) -

Is OP serious? That doesn't come close to Shadow Fall. They fail at rain too though lol

#31 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Looks Matrix-ish.

Plugging in virtual environments and such.

#32 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

@menes777 said:

@Wasdie said:

@Clock-w0rk: What low polygon models?

There are none, it's DC.....

cars at :30 look pretty low poly

The models do look really simplistic but not necessarily low polygon models. It's hard to tell from the low res trailer. That white car looks pretty rounded so it could just be artistically simple but have a high poly count. They remind me of concept cars from awhile back.

#33 Posted by Suppaman100 (3719 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Suppaman100: LIke what?

Crysis 3, Metro, GTA IV modded, Skyrim modded,...

The mecha looks good but I find the environment mediocre graphically and it's also bland but that's probably the artstyle.

#34 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Clock-w0rk: What low polygon models? The rain effect on the ground is certainly really terrible, but the rest of the it is top notch. I have no idea why people aren't seeing that. I'm as big of a graphics whore as you can get too.

I suppose it might be because the game os rather stylized.

I felt some fisheye and initially the cars looked...... Weird.... On first impression, they actualy do come off as low polygon, but that is probably attributed to YT.

Regardless, the good stuff is past the 2 minute mark and it really does look pretty; not counting the rain a couple of animations.

#35 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

People around here aren't impressed unless a game is over doing effects in an attempt to look better. Like lens flares everywhere and big bright shiny lights.

This does look really really good, the drab art style doesn't really do it for me though

#36 Edited by Icarian (1469 posts) -

It reminds me of Enslaved odyssey to the West, but amateurish.

And I swear it's using Source, isn't it?

It's their own engine called Praxis.

Pretty impressive for just two guys.

#37 Posted by silversix_ (13922 posts) -

HOLY F*CK

#38 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

People around here aren't impressed unless a game is over doing effects in an attempt to look better. Like lens flares everywhere and big bright shiny lights.

This does look really really good

Exactly it does look pretty slick for just 2 guys. Imagine if they had a team of people working on this? Is this on Kickstarter?

#39 Posted by V3rciS (2207 posts) -

I wouldn't call this the next graphics king but I'll give it another chance when at home.
The computer/monitor here at work kinda suck.

#40 Edited by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

It has an interesting art style that looks really good, but from a technology point there's nothing we haven't already seen a dozen times in there

#41 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

This does look really really good, the drab art style doesn't really do it for me though

I'm not all that impressed because anti-aliasing seems missing entirely, as well as the animations that are just so stiff, I understand they might be robots but that's no excuse there are plenty of ways to bring machines to life in a realistic manner.

For me I'm more impressed by the big picture instead of just individual things such as texture quality. The game has a lot of room for improvements and I don't see it as graphics king on any platform with the current footage shown.

#42 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

@barrybarryk: That's fine, but just because it's not doing anything new doesn't mean it's not doing stuff well or better than other tech. I've never seen lighting/reflections that good. It uses a lot of global illumination and other indirect lighting as well as a lot of great, natural looking reflections. I've seen them both before in games but never done so well.

#43 Posted by clyde46 (44104 posts) -

It looks good but its sure as hell no graphics king.

#44 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -
#45 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

It will be very hard to beat Crysis 3. I don't see anything in that league here.

#46 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

Furthermore, how heavy is the mech he's in? Because there's a point in the video where he walks over those futuristic cars and doesn't so much as dent them. That's a bit of an immersion breaker.

#47 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

Furthermore, how heavy is the mech he's in? Because there's a point in the video where he walks over those futuristic cars and doesn't so much as dent them. That's a bit of an immersion breaker.

Indeed, but on the other hand, dat lighting!

It's pretty good tbh.

#48 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

@dogfather76: Crysis 3 is mad inconsistent. I really wish it wasn't. Certain scenes are mindblowing but others are aliased to hell and have weird spots of less detail that hurt the overall image.

That could very well happen here with Reset, that's yet to be seen.

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@dogfather76: Crysis 3 is mad inconsistent. I really wish it wasn't. Certain scenes are mindblowing but others are aliased to hell and have weird spots of less detail that hurt the overall image.

That could very well happen here with Reset, that's yet to be seen.

That video is filled with Aliasing.

Watch from the 2 minute mark onward, especially in the forest with the rain it's pretty hard to not notice it.

#50 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2862 posts) -

That thing had less gameplay than a David Cage game.