Looks like Forza will be the highest rated driving series this gen.

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

highest rated but not a better game....

planbfreak4eva
Well Dirt is pretty good as well but I'd still give the edge to Forza, so highest rated and best game imo.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

People enjoy paintjobs, tuned engines that sound like beasts and colors. Halo already told us that. Not a surprise. Also, people that not only have the hobby of driving games but actually dedicate themselves to that world seem to think gt5 features a better simulation overall. Not damage controlling, just saying what I've read. Of course it's still an opinion... but when you see charts about real time laps and then the GT5 and forza times, you see the gt5 times are moe accurate. Minor stuff that may look uninteresting to the casual driver, but certainly something lovers of the automobile world (not xzibit style) enjoy.

And now I have to believe that the better simulator will be determined by a multipurpouse gaming journalism author? Just asking.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

The sad part is that all this arguements between forza and gt come from people that are biased to one system over the other. It's really hard to separate from a piece of plastic I take it.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

The sad part is that all this arguements between forza and gt come from people that are biased to one system over the other. It's really hard to separate from a piece of plastic I take it.

edo-tensei

Being a bit offtopic, do you really need to have one of the biggest spoilers of naruto in your signature? There are some that just watches the anime or haven't just gotten that far into the manga yet.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

edo-tensei

I was a GT fanboy last gen (and a cow), switched to 360 and became a Forza fanboy. Now I'm a Nintendo fanboy (generally I've always been a Nintendo fan, just I've become more pronounced now) and laughed at GT5's score here; and Forza 3 is sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

I've played every GT and Forza besides GT5P and GT5 (aside from kiosk demos) and have poured hundreds of hours into every iteration... and when I say the physics in Forza "seem" more realistic and a better simulation, I'd think I'd be more credible than someone who bases their experience off of a couple kiosk demos (at least in terms of FM over GT4, I haven't played enough GT5 yet to know how good its driving model actually is).

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="kaealy"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

Being a bit offtopic, do you really need to have one of the biggest spoilers of naruto in your signature? There are some that just watches the anime or haven't just gotten that far into the manga yet.

I get many spoilers from things that i like all over the place.People need to suck it up and learn to live with it. And if you really liked naruto y would skip the garbage anime and read the manga instead.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 edo-tensei

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

foxhound_fox

I was a GT fanboy last gen (and a cow), switched to 360 and became a Forza fanboy. Now I'm a Nintendo fanboy (generally I've always been a Nintendo fan, just I've become more pronounced now) and laughed at GT5's score here; and Forza 3 is sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

I've played every GT and Forza besides GT5P and GT5 (aside from kiosk demos) and have poured hundreds of hours into every iteration... and when I say the physics in Forza "seem" more realistic and a better simulation, I'd think I'd be more credible than someone who bases their experience off of a couple kiosk demos (at least in terms of FM over GT4, I haven't played enough GT5 yet to know how good its driving model actually is).

They both cater to the same audience(myself included), they both have things they do better that the other and in the case of gt, it got nocked down some levels because of technical stuff and design flaws. Either way you look at it, both games at their highest offer the same quality experience.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 foxhound_fox

They both cater to the same audience(myself included), they both have things they do better that the other and in the case of gt, it got nocked down some levels because of technical stuff and design flaws. Either way you look at it, both games at their highest offer the same quality experience.

edo-tensei

From what I've been reading about GT5, it seems that its "experience" is being spoon-fed to players one mouthful at a time; while Forza Motorsport 3 lets you walk up to the buffet with an empty plate.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

karasill

Funny how most reviewers dont agree (when concerning GT5 anyway).... I know it's just a score but when most critics rate one game higher then the other (GT5), you have to wonder why. Maybe it's because the higher rated game is actually better?

I keep hearing froza is a better overall package with presentation and interface,but I also hear GT5 is a better sim racer just with lesser presentation and interface compared to froza.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]They both cater to the same audience(myself included), they both have things they do better that the other and in the case of gt, it got nocked down some levels because of technical stuff and design flaws. Either way you look at it, both games at their highest offer the same quality experience.

From what I've been reading about GT5, it seems that its "experience" is being spoon-fed to players one mouthful at a time; while Forza Motorsport 3 lets you walk up to the buffet with an empty plate.

I have the game myself and i dissagree with the problems the reviewers have with it(excluding the design flaw of the lvling system). I do agree with you that the core gameplay in forza 3 is a bit more robust than gt5 but the difference isn't big enough to make a big deal about it like some extremists do here. And overall, never trust reviewers, they have become casual players with an elitest complex. Play both games and then we can have a nice thread about it :)
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#61 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It's not even the best racer this year. Also Forza is so much better and it plays better too.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

I only owned a 360 for a short time but I did play Forza 3 and from I played it is a superior game to Gran Turismo 5 in everyway shape and form.

chocolate1325

except for visuals.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

I only owned a 360 for a short time but I did play Forza 3 and from I played it is a superior game to Gran Turismo 5 in everyway shape and form.

ermacness

except for visuals.

How i see it. Car models premium(200)>forza 3(400)> standard(800) environments- forza 3 lighting- gt5
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 foxhound_fox

Play both games and then we can have a nice thread about it :)edo-tensei

That's the thing though... if I'm spending $120 on two games, I want them to be very different from one another. When it comes to GT5, if all it offers is a similar experience to Forza 3 with some tweaks, I have no need to buy the same game twice. And I don't trust reviewers, I'm just saying that there seems to have been some massive flubs on Polyphony's part when it comes to design choices, which the reviews clearly illustrate.

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

Doolz2024

Keep on telling yourself that. If GT5 were the better game, we would be seeing higher scores than 8 on GS and MC/GR averages also in the 80's. :lol:

we would also be seeing it sell a ton more than forza 3:lol:

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

antifanboyftw

Keep on telling yourself that. If GT5 were the better game, we would be seeing higher scores than 8 on GS and MC/GR averages also in the 80's. :lol:

sales matter again?
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blitzcloud

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

MFDOOM1983

except for visuals.

How i see it. Car models premium(200)>forza 3(400)> standard(800) environments- forza 3 lighting- gt5

ORLY!?

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gran-turismo-5-premium-vs-standard-cars

i'd venture to say premium(230) >>>>>> standard(400) > forza3

and then the rest of the standards are below forza 3 level.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="ermacness"]except for visuals.

blitzcloud

ORLY!?

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gran-turismo-5-premium-vs-standard-cars

i'd venture to say premium(230) >>>>>> standard(400) > forza3

and then the rest of the standards are below forza 3 level.

If you feel that way...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ermacness

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

MFDOOM1983

except for visuals.

don't forget the weather effects, night time racing, and weather cycles in GT5. As a matter of fact, GT5 destroys Forza 3 on a technical level.

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

[QUOTE="antifanboyftw"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]Keep on telling yourself that. If GT5 were the better game, we would be seeing higher scores than 8 on GS and MC/GR averages also in the 80's. :lol:

MFDOOM1983

sales matter again?

according to some people. still i must wonder why europe is taking a like to it more than forza. i mean,i'm surethe U.S. like it more at least when I went to a Bestbuy during the Forza 3 launch there was a demo. For Gt5 where I live, there isn't even a controller to use. Just a little video that loops.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ermacness

It's not even the best racer this year. Also Forza is so much better and it plays better too.

chocolate1325

You may be right, but GT5 will have the stronger community.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 foxhound_fox

ermacness

I lol'd. Where? On GTPlanet? I don't doubt the poor online components of GT5 are going to kill the community, not help it. People don't want to have to suffer to play their games online.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ermacness

[QUOTE="antifanboyftw"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]Keep on telling yourself that. If GT5 were the better game, we would be seeing higher scores than 8 on GS and MC/GR averages also in the 80's. :lol:

MFDOOM1983

sales matter again?

a lem saying this about a 360 game vs a ps3 game is ownage all in itself, but GT5 does deserve the bashing.

Now, i'll watch how an 8.0 game will be considered "trash", but a 8.5 game (Alan Wake) is praised.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

planbfreak4eva
haha what a fanboy talk, you know 8.0 isnt that bad.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#75 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Still would rather play Burnout and Mario Kart. :POreoMilkshake

Indeed. Racing simulation has never really entertained me.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blitzcloud

[QUOTE="ermacness"]You may be right, but GT5 will have the stronger community.

foxhound_fox

I lol'd. Where? On GTPlanet? I don't doubt the poor online components of GT5 are going to kill the community, not help it. People don't want to have to suffer to play their games online.

What the hell are you talking about lol.

For someone who has just "been reading" about the game you sure make judgamental posts.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

foxhound_fox

What's so poor about it, exactly? :? Please explain. I played a few races and it worked perfectly.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ermacness

foxhound_fox

This game sold 1.8 mill copies in 2 days, with little to no marketing and everyone but the forum visitors not knowing about it's true release date. This game received poor scores judging from the hype and delays, but don't even think to doubt that GT5 will sell boatloads of copies and have a massive community.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

GT5 have the stronger community its only because GT is a 12 years old frachise, but time will change.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blitzcloud

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

Leo-Magic

GT5 have the stronger community its only because GT is a 12 years old frachise, but time will change.

Indeed, after training in the jungle with the challenge of wild animals, kinectimals players will move on to forza 4!!!!

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ermacness

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

Leo-Magic

haha what a fanboy talk, you know 8.0 isnt that bad.

But since GT5 got that score, an 8.0 is "horrid" now. Let's sit back and see how many people who call GT5 and MAG trash (going by scores), and praises AW and SC:C, even though both games only recieved .5 points higher.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ermacness

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

Leo-Magic

or because Forza games don't sell nearly as well as GT games. Maybe time will change, but after looking at the first 2 days WW sales charts, time won't be changing anytime soon.

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
I like My racing games fun and unrealistic, So Burnout = MkWii > both.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="antifanboyftw"]

ermacness

sales matter again?

a lem saying this about a 360 game vs a ps3 game is ownage all in itself, but GT5 does deserve the bashing.

Now, i'll watch how an 8.0 game will be considered "trash", but a 8.5 game (Alan Wake) is praised.

Alan wake is praised? Pretty sure that game is looked at as a flop and disappointment here.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ermacness

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] sales matter again?MFDOOM1983

Alan wake is praised? Pretty sure that game is looked at as a flop and disappointment here.

And with that said, I'm sure that you wasn't here often around the time that game came out. Yes, it flopped, but that game was still praised by quite a few people here.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
^^ honestly though, alan wake was a good game, but very disapointing from what i've been reading this description also applies to GT5
pimpog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 pimpog
Member since 2010 • 659 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

Forza 3 just didn't beat it the game destroyed it in terms of excellence and it took less time to make.

MFDOOM1983

Prime example of how far Japanese game development has fallen.

For real japan was top dog back in the day

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

It definitelylooks that way and Turn10 still has enough time to release two more Forza games.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="ermacness"]a lem saying this about a 360 game vs a ps3 game is ownage all in itself, but GT5 does deserve the bashing.

ermacness

And with that said, I'm sure that you wasn't here often around the time that game came out. Yes, it flopped, but that game was still praised by quite a few people here.

so in the same way an 8.0 will be praised by GT fans now.

it always goes both ways, never one.

Avatar image for mr-chickenfries
mr-chickenfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mr-chickenfries
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts

It definitelylooks that way and Turn10 still has enough time to release two more Forza games.

Kingpin0114

U think MS will release another Forza next year?

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Kingpin0114

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

mr-chickenfries

Late next year or early 2012.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#92 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Forza and GT are both amazing....

Only game I didnt like out of both series is Grand TUrismo4, which i hated.

I loved GT1-3 and Forza 1-3... and having just played GT5 for awhile now, I am loving it as much are the earlyier ones.

IMO Forza3 and GT5 are both 9.5/10 as far as racing games go.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

Wait, alan wake was a flop? God this is worse than splinter cell conviction :P

Although i'd rather buy GT5 because of nascar racing and the awesome weather effects and lighting.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ermacness

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Alan wake is praised? Pretty sure that game is looked at as a flop and disappointment here.HavocV3

Alan Wake was NEVER bashed to the extent that GT5 is going through now. I'm willing to bet that GT5 will be bashed way more than Alan Wake ever was.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Yup, it's a great driving series. I think Turn 10 should scrap the insanely bright white menu and the calendar system from Forza 3 though. I'd agree that it's the best series this generation, but my best driving game this generation has been Dirt 2.

KlepticGrooves

I think most people love those menus in forza3. I know I do.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="mr-chickenfries"]

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

Kingpin0114

It's coming out in 2011. The official websites states it directly.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Alan Wake was NEVER bashed to the extent that GT5 is going through now. I'm willing to bet that GT5 will be bashed way more than Alan Wake ever was.

ermacness

Alan Wake is a new IP. Gran Turismo 5 is the.. fifth primary installment in Sony's most successful video game franchise.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

Forza 3 just didn't beat it the game destroyed it in terms of excellence and it took less time to make.

pimpog

Prime example of how far Japanese game development has fallen.

For real japan was top dog back in the day

How does this prove that? GT has been a AA series for years with 1 AAA.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Kingpin0114

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

[QUOTE="mr-chickenfries"] U think MS will release another Forza next year?

waltefmoney

It's coming out in 2011. The official websites states it directly.

Oh thanks. I didn't know that.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]And with that said, I'm sure that you wasn't here often around the time that game came out. Yes, it flopped, but that game was still praised by quite a few people here.

ermacness

probably because it wasn't hyped as much?