Looks like Crysis 3 got 7.5'd (confirmed)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Did anybody really expect anything amazing out of Crysis 3? I was only looking forward to the graphics, and...that's pretty much it.

XVision84
You know!? The fact that people expect anymore from this franchise is the problem lol. Stop setting your hopes too high. Crysis is Eye candy with mediocre gameplay.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#152 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I don't understand how this thread turned into a bunch of console fanboys claiming this as some kind of ownage against the PC. Even if the score is correct (and I wouldn't be shocked), it's a multiplat game. You think the console versions are going to be scored higher?

the_bi99man

What a deranged fanboy you would have to be to actually claim ownage over a mear multiplat. Who ever did that needs to do it again so i can chuckle at his stupidity and obsessive jelousy. 

Fanboy consolites exist solely to entertain me wen i'm bored.  

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Lucianu

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Hai there, FashionFreak! I missed you!freedomfreak

Hey. Are your sigs the same person in different costumes?

Yup. Dayna Baby Lou. Spread the word!

So why is your sig. filled with this female anyway? Are you inlove?  

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Did anybody really expect anything amazing out of Crysis 3? I was only looking forward to the graphics, and...that's pretty much it.

II_Seraphim_II
You know!? The fact that people expect anymore from this franchise is the problem lol. Stop setting your hopes too high. Crysis is Eye candy with mediocre gameplay.

Well, it has better gameplay than Call of Duty. What does that mean for Call of Duty? Also, it will score higher than an 8 if Blops got an 8.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
So why is your sig. filled with this female anyway? Are you inlove?  Lucianu
That, and I love her work.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#156 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

O'm nut siiong eny scuri...

-----------

((I'm not seeing any score...))

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Lucianu

Fack my lofi.

Goyoshi12sig

0rofl.gif 

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

II_Seraphim_II

Lol apparently not, apparently Crysis 1 was a very deep sandbox experience where you could knock down stick streets and cardboard buildings and you could approach a base from a boring empty 360 degree angle :lol:. People are so full of crap. it was a mindless empty game everyone was hyped up about the engine, but the actual gameplay and level design was damn average for any game. If it didn't have the graphics that it had, if it was a an average looking game for its time, it would of been 7-8 material at best, the 9.5 is graphics fapping. Crytek have never EVER been an AAA company.... they just don't know what gameplay is, having failed 3 times now with multiplayer just reaffirms this perspective.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

DragonfireXZ95

Well, it has better gameplay than Call of Duty. What does that mean for Call of Duty? Also, it will score higher than an 8 if Blops got an 8.

Only it isn,t and thats why millions play CoD and nobody plays this crap after the intiial play throughs....
Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Lol apparently not, apparently Crysis 1 was a very deep sandbox experience where you could knock down stick streets and cardboard buildings and you could approach a base from a boring empty 360 degree angle :lol:. People are so full of crap. it was a mindless empty game everyone was hyped up about the engine, but the actual gameplay and level design was damn average for any game. If it didn't have the graphics that it had, if it was a an average looking game for its time, it would of been 7-8 material at best, the 9.5 is graphics fapping. Crytek have never EVER been an AAA company.... they just don't know what gameplay is, having failed 3 times now with multiplayer just reaffirms this perspective.

this is a real hermit
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

II_Seraphim_II

Couldn't agree more bra.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#162 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Been playing it and having a blast. Better than Crysis 2 and should score higher than C2.KodiakKoolaid
It'll need a 9.0 though for this site.

6_Shooter_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 6_Shooter_25
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

Yo, remember when Crytek developed excellent games?

Me neither.

DarkLink77

LOL

I always wonder why people are surprised when Crytek spits out an "ok but not great" game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] You know!? The fact that people expect anymore from this franchise is the problem lol. Stop setting your hopes too high. Crysis is Eye candy with mediocre gameplay.

Only it isn,t and thats why millions play CoD and nobody plays this crap after the intiial play throughs....

That's because a new call of duty releases EVERY year. Duh. You should know by now that console gamers are all about the shiny new things they get. The 100 million dollar marketing campaign behind Call of duty and the fact that it's easy to play helps quite a bit too. I knew 9 year old kids who play CoD, that's the way the game is intended to be.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#165 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

EA review embargo untill when? it's release day lol 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Review is uup and 7.5 confirmed

The Bad

• Remarkably easy, all the way to the end   
  • Lacks the standout battles of earlier games in the series   
  • AI is easily exploited.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

The Bad

seanmcloughlin

So by usual console standards the game is incredibly difficult with state of the art AI and the best boss fights this gen?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Well, it has better gameplay than Call of Duty. What does that mean for Call of Duty? Also, it will score higher than an 8 if Blops got an 8.

That's because a new call of duty releases EVERY year. Duh. You should know by now that console gamers are all about the shiny new things they get. The 100 million dollar marketing campaign behind Call of duty and the fact that it's easy to play helps quite a bit too. I knew 9 year old kids who play CoD, that's the way the game is intended to be.

Where is Crysis on the top played PC games, oh right it isn't because its dead.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Still a good score. I'll pick it up when it's cheaper. The environments look cool. That alone is a win over Crysis 2.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Disappointed.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Not the Halo killer.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#172 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sounds like the game is good aside from the fact it's too easy and too short. Glad to see Kevin not ignoring these two glaring flaws and giving it a high score because it's a beautiful game. 

I really hope more reviewers start to do this and remind game devs that not all gamers are extreme casuals who don't like a challenge.

7.5 isn't a terrible score, but it is definintly a disappointment. I'll pick up the game eventually. 

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

The Bad

seanmcloughlin

GS has FINALLY noticed this!This is a problem in crysis 2 too!No wonder there are videos like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSU6ufMCFU

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#175 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

What the hell. My PC has betrayed me, brb burning it nowGioVela2010

You can't burn what doesn't exist

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tenaka2

Since going mutiplat the crysis franchise has gotten really, really dumbed down.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Yo, remember when Crytek developed excellent games?

Me neither.

DarkLink77

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts

Since going mutiplat the crysis franchise has gotten really, really dumbed down.

tenaka2
Start a petition.
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Sounds like the game is good aside from the fact it's too easy and too short. Glad to see Kevin not ignoring these two glaring flaws and giving it a high score because it's a beautiful game. 

I really hope more reviewers start to do this and remind game devs that not all gamers are extreme casuals who don't like a challenge.

7.5 isn't a terrible score, but it is definintly a disappointment. I'll pick up the game eventually. 

Wasdie

And still UC2 is 9.5, UC3 is 9 and GoW3 is 9. When practically all of those are just movies. And what about Gears and Halo 4?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

sts106mat

to be fair, neither crysis 1 or 2 were particularly hard, even on delta / supersoldier. you just had to play clever.

Crysis 1 on Delta was difficult. Crysis 2 wasn't a cakewalk either, but it was easier than Crysis. 

I'll admit on normal neither game was super difficult, but they did provide some fun moments and would kill you from time to time when you made a mistake. They were also longer FPSs. Crysis 1 topping 12 hours with Crysis 2 hitting 10 despite a much faster pace.

It seems that Crysis 3 is just too short and way too easy without providing any of those "holy sh!t" moments you would expect from an AAA quality shooter.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

zeeshanhaider

And still UC2 is 9.5, UC3 is 9 and GoW3 is 9. When practically all of those are just movies.

So? Those games are completely different. They aren't so easy you can blow thought it without breaking a sweat, they are well crafted, they are exciting, they have really robust multiplayer, and they are just overall great games. Neither of them also had a "get out of danger free" button like Crysis 2 and 3 have.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

to be fair, neither crysis 1 or 2 were particularly hard, even on delta / supersoldier. you just had to play clever.

Crysis 1 on Delta was difficult. Crysis 2 wasn't a cakewalk either, but it was easier than Crysis. 

I'll admit on normal neither game was super difficult, but they did provide some fun moments and would kill you from time to time when you made a mistake. They were also longer FPSs. Crysis 1 topping 12 hours with Crysis 2 hitting 10 despite a much faster pace.

It seems that Crysis 3 is just too short and way too easy without providing any of those "holy sh!t" moments you would expect from an AAA quality shooter.

Crysis 1 on delta wasn't all that difficult. Neither was crysis 2. a lot of stealth and timing.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

sts106mat

Start a petition.

why? he'd only pirate the game anyway

I don't pirate games Mat, but thanks anyhow. I take it someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Its not like crytek have a choice, having decided to aim there attentions toward consoles they have no choice but to make their games simplistic and easy.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Wasdie  Moderator

i expect it will still be enjoyable, games dont have to be ball breakers to be fun. part of the fun of crysis is that you are a super soldier, capable of amazing things, if the games whaps you everytime you try something, the fun element goes too soon.sts106mat

Well that's true, but at the same time the game still needs to present you with a challenge. Being able to swat all of your enemies like flies and walk out unscathed doesn't give you a real feeling of accomplishment. 

While you're a supersolider, the game still needs to be challenging enough where mistakes punish you. Otherwise the overall sense of accomplishment is extremely low and you feel like you're just going through the motions.

This is how the last about 4 CoD games have been as well. There is no sense of accomplishment because you've fought through waves and waves of brainless enemies only to end the level with some QTE.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Will get this anyway, i don't care about the score with this, i liked the previous games. 5hrs sounds great if it is quality/fun time.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Neon_Noir"] Start a petition. tenaka2

why? he'd only pirate the game anyway

I don't pirate games Mat, but thanks anyhow. I take it someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Its not like crytek have a choice, having decided to aim there attentions toward consoles they have no choice but to make their games simplistic and easy.

What Crytek game has ever not been pretty straight forward and pretty shallow? Even Far Cry wasn't that deep. The only thing that made that game difficult was the insane AI that could see you through the brush on the next island over.

It's like you choose to be ignorant.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Damn, really disappointed. Think i'll cancel my pre-order and buy it cheaper later.

Can't afford to waste £40 on a game that scores under an 8.0.

I'll wait until it comes down to around £20.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

And still UC2 is 9.5, UC3 is 9 and GoW3 is 9. When practically all of those are just movies.

So? Those games are completely different. They aren't so easy you can blow thought it without breaking a sweat, they are well crafted, they are exciting, they have really robust multiplayer, and they are just overall great games. Neither of them also had a "get out of danger free" button like Crysis 2 and 3 have.

So their flaws can be over looked that they have very generic and a pretty much non-existent gameplay, but onrails segment after another scripted segment. And their multiplayer could easily be compared to that of C3, you can't say they have some really innovative or ground breaking multiplayer. How about GoW3 fixed camera or less than 60 fps gameplay with the same QTE heavy gameplay without any evolution? Or What about the mother of all easy games CoD?

Whatever only thing this proves is that Gamespot is very inconsistent in their reviewing mechanism, they don't judge the games based on the same standards.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] why? he'd only pirate the game anywayWasdie

What Crytek game has ever not been pretty straight forward and pretty shallow? Even Far Cry wasn't that deep. The only thing that made that game difficult was the insane AI that could see you through the brush on the next island over.

It's like you choose to be ignorant.

I don't like to argue with mods regardless of how much bias they display nor how much they try to insult people safe in the knowledge of there mod status. It must be fun for you to insult and put down other users while having a shield.

I can understand why some people would want to be mods here.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]i expect it will still be enjoyable, games dont have to be ball breakers to be fun. part of the fun of crysis is that you are a super soldier, capable of amazing things, if the games whaps you everytime you try something, the fun element goes too soon.sts106mat

Well that's true, but at the same time the game still needs to present you with a challenge. Being able to swat all of your enemies like flies and walk out unscathed doesn't give you a real feeling of accomplishment. 

While you're a supersolider, the game still needs to be challenging enough where mistakes punish you. Otherwise the overall sense of accomplishment is extremely low and you feel like you're just going through the motions.

This is how the last about 4 CoD games have been as well. There is no sense of accomplishment because you've fought through waves and waves of brainless enemies only to end the level with some QTE.

100% agree, recent FPS wise only halo reach and halo 4 have really given me a decent challenge on the hardest settings without doing stupidly cheap kills. i'd say that crysis 1 on delta was at the limit of challenging enough without taking the p1ss. its a very very hard line to walk because they have to account for a lot of different skill levels.

Tongue sore yet?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Wasdie  Moderator

I don't like to argue with mods regardless of how much bias they display nor how much they try to insult people safe in the knowledge of there mod status. It must be fun for you to insult and put down other users while having a shield.

tenaka2

Then you don't know anything about moderators here. 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Wasdie  Moderator

So their flaws can be over looked that they have very generic and a pretty much non-existent gameplay, but onrails segment after another scripted segment. And their multiplayer could easily be compared to that of C3, you can't say they have some really innovative or ground breaking multiplayer. How about GoW3 fixed camera or less than 60 fps gameplay with the same QTE heavy gameplay without any evolution? Or What about the mother of all easy games CoD?

Whatever only thing this proves is that Gamespot is very inconsistent in their reviewing mechanism, they don't judge the games based on the same standards.

zeeshanhaider

That's your opinion about those game's gameplay, and it's a terrible one at that. They don't have the flaws that you percieve.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Wasdie

Then you don't know anything about moderators here. 

All we can go by is what you post I guess. But I will just post the review comments from this site I hope you may find it more difficult to dismiss users if they quote gamespot.

Crysis 1

Crysis is visually stunning, packed with intelligent, thrilling gameplay, and easily one of the greatest shooters ever made.

The Good

• Dynamic, emergent shooter gameplay   
  • Unparalleled visuals with destructible environments   
  • High level of replayability   
  • Power struggle makes for huge multiplayer battles   
  • An amazing accomplishment overall.

The Bad

• The single-player story ends  
  • Will laugh at every CPU and GPU thrown at it  
  • No team deathmatch.

Crysis 3

Its attractive visuals make Crysis 3 a pleasure to look at, and the game is plenty of fun, though not up to the high standards of its forebears.

The Good

• Attractive visuals that present a unique mix of the natural and the industrial   
  • Each weapon, including the new bow, is a pleasure to shoot   
  • Open levels and nanosuit powers provide combat flexibility   
  • Entertaining multiplayer modes.

The Bad

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Consolised and casualised.

Pass.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#200 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
Slightly surprised. I expected it to get the Doom 3 treatment and get an 8.0 just on graphics alone. Oh well, it's a solid game.