MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I'd probably also take a 2DS over a 3DS.

Honestly, the Vita is a much nicer gadget, shame it does'nt have the same kind if support.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Doesn't stop it from looking stupid. I could not imagine carrying around a 2DS. I'll be going for a 3DS eventually

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I never use the 3D on my 3DS.

Same....

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Eh the 2ds is kind of kids junk, imo. The only positive over the original is the dpad comfort--though it is about the same in comparison to the xl. It is just unnecessarily clunky and I don't understand that if it is just one screen why they would separate it into "two" with a cheap peice of plastic. Games like Contra DS would have been better if there wasn't an inch between the playfields.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

Mono sounds in the 2D version? I thought it wiould be quality stereo.

I have no problems with the 3DS and how it's played. Not sure why they went with the square look of the system, but it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the games played on it. I do use the 3D feature for some games, but not for all.

Yup, there is only one speaker...

Same here. I love the 3D effect in games like Mario Kart, but I don't use it in all games. Sometimes I put it on lowest setting, sometimes on highest. It depends on the game.

@inb4uall said:

Buy a pair of these. They will sound better than the speakers on any handheld ever will.

Ok, that would be a good solution.

But you'd have to carry that with you everywhere, and I can't wear headphones for hours on end... but then again, I never play on a handheld for hours on end :P

Well In my opinion headphones are a must when gaming on the go. I feel rude if I just use the built in speakers. Not to mention if you're somewhere noisy its harder to hear without them. Besides I like to use headphones with my phone too.

Anyway you should grab a par of porta pros. They look a bit weird but their quality is legendary.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I like playing games in 3d, it's a neat feature to have imo.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Well In my opinion headphones are a must when gaming on the go. I feel rude if I just use the built in speakers. Not to mention if you're somewhere noisy its harder to hear without them. Besides I like to use headphones with my phone too.

Anyway you should grab a par of porta pros. They look a bit weird but their quality is legendary.

Oh yeah, definitely, it's just rude to use your speakers in a public place.

I just use in-ear earbuds when I game on the go. They are very small and handy to carry around :)

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

The 2DS is ugly, but it was a great idea. It's cheap and it does a lot of things right while sacrificing very little in the process.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

i would still get a 3ds over a 2ds. you can put it in your pocket, you can't with the ads

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@Meinhard1 said:

I'm continually surprised at how many people don't like the 3D.

Clearly I'm in the minority but games just look so much more immersive in 3D.

Playing Luigis Mansion in 3D is like constantly peering into a haunted dollhouse where characters and objects appear to take up real world space within the screen.

The maps in Fire Emblem look breathtaking in 3D - hills, canyons, valleys, birds flying overhead all give the world a sense of presence.

i feel exactly the same...its like looking at a little world inside the 3ds.

i feel the effect is much better on the original 3ds than the xl...

the comfort was an issue though but i bought this and its terrific. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-GAMING-GRIP-HOLDER-FOR-NINTENDO-3DS-BLACK-/191206165276?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c84c68b1c

I agree. The 3D is more believable on the original 3DS. I sold my XL to a friend a while ago and bought an original.

The 2DS does look surprisingly comfortable ... it's just a shame that most consider 3D a fad / gimmick / get headaches from it. 3D works for me. I like it.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I went for the bigger screen, which might've been a mistake in hindsight. Like someone said before, the resolution is just plain bad on the DS.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@LustForSoul said:

I went for the bigger screen, which might've been a mistake in hindsight. Like someone said before, the resolution is just plain bad on the DS.

Well after much debate, i went to the game store, and they let me hold a blue refurb 2DS they had, i was surprised at just how really small it was in person, pretty comfortable to hold but the unit and screen size was too small for my liking, so i came home and did some more research regarding how to make the 3DS XL a more comfortable unit to play for long periods of time, and i had success, i found a comfort grip that is molded like a 360 controller that the 3DS clips right in to and it seems to be highly rated and comfortable to use for hours on end, so thats the route i'm taking.

Thanks for all the input.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@LustForSoul said:

Well after much debate, i went to the game store, and they let me hold a blue refurb 2DS they had, i was surprised at just how really small it was in person, pretty comfortable to hold but the unit and screen size was too small for my liking, so i came home and did some more research regarding how to make the 3DS XL a more comfortable unit to play for long periods of time, and i had success, i found a comfort grip that is molded like a 360 controller that the 3DS clips right in to and it seems to be highly rated and comfortable to use for hours on end, so thats the route i'm taking.

Alright nice, I haven't actually seen the 2ds in person. Maybe it is too small, I'm used to a PSP/PSV screen so I went big. I should look into that grip, sounds really nice.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@LustForSoul said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@LustForSoul said:

Alright nice, I haven't actually seen the 2ds in person. Maybe it is too small, I'm used to a PSP/PSV screen so I went big. I should look into that grip, sounds really nice.

Yeah i think it's the only way to play for people or adults with larger hands that get bad cramps and arm pain for playing long periods of time.