Little Big Planet 2 deserves GOTY

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zomba1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zomba1986
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

I like GEOW3 and UC3 but one game when evr i play its like completely new dat is LBP2... With so much user generated level, it has unlimited replay value...in short everytime i play lbp2 it is playin a new game for free... so i hope gaming website dont forget LBP2 as contender for GOTY along with heavy weight such as GEOW3, U3, Zelda, and others

Ps:- Plz keep the comment related to LBP2 n GOTY contender...dont want U3 VS GEOW3 bashing or any other game bashing...keep it clean and friendly

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Nope,it doesn't deserve it.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

I dont like the gameplay at all in LBP1-2, so no, i dont think it deserves GOTY

Dark SOuls does

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

Dark SOuls does

loosingENDS

negative you need something with replay value. darksouls loses interest after the 2nd time

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I'd say it qualifies as a contender, for sure. I doubt it will win here, or even make the nominations, especially it being released so early in the year. Personaly, I don't think I'd vote it as GotY... but I'd probably put it up there in the top 5-10 games of the year. It was pretty awesome... I really need to pop it back in and play some more.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

Never played number 2, the first one was disappointing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Does the toolset deserve the praise, or all the people who poured 100's of hours into making the content?
SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Never played number 2, the first one was disappointing.

dontshackzmii

Yah, I thought the first one was so bad I just didn't even bother with LBP2 since I kept hearing the poor gameplay was still there.

I don't really care how good the toolset is when it's just not fun to play.

Shane747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 Shane747
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Little Big Planet 2 deserves to be in the bargain bin.

Dark Souls deserves GOTY.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

It's another sequel which will draw a lot of ire when the vote comes around (IMO). I'm still thinking the biggest dark horse is L.A. Noire.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Dark SOuls does

almasdeathchild

negative you need something with replay value. darksouls loses interest after the 2nd time

But i did not like LBP gameplay at all, so what good is the replay value, when the game lost interest from the very start ?

Dark Souls is a game i will play forever too, without ever loosing interest

It is what each of us prefer, i hatre jumping around with the floary controls in LBP, so how could it ever be my GOTY over the amazing Dark SOuls that has a real 3D world to explore for months and deep RPG gameplay than casual platforming ?

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

In subjective.... yes ^^ in objective... i don't know there was not much revolutionery title this year

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#13 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I don't think it does at all, its been out for ages yet online is still a broken mess, its fine as long as you don't mind waiting 2-3 mins to join a game only to be told the other person hasn't allowed you to join. The single player is good but not good enough for GOTY in my opinion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Your argument -- it does not compell me to agree. You have not compelled me, sir.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I'm still pissed off that the game doesn't use move for the level creation bit. I thought that was the whole point
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Little Big Planet 2 is soooo fun when your doing 4 player co-op.
My gf and her friends love playing the game, ive noticed a lot of girls pick and play this.

You dont have to be a gamer to enjoy this game.

Dont let the 'cute factor' bother you.
It may not be GOTY here, but it will be elsewhere.

The user created levels are superb.
The best creative game on a console this generation.

I dont see them making another one cos of how good this is.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Dark SOuls does

loosingENDS

But i did not like LBP gameplay at all, so what good is the replay value, when the game lost interest from the very start ?

It is what each of us prefer, i hatre jumping around with the floary controls in LBP, so how could it ever be my GOTY over the amazing Dark SOuls that has a real 3D world to explore for months and deep RPG gameplay than casual platforming ?

i hate lbp and skyrim has more to offer than dark souls every could.fun while it lasted though i'll give you that

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
I forgot this game came out this year.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

LBP 1 and 2 are fantastic, but it's hard to say a game should win GOTY because it has an amazing toolset which allows for a ton of quality user generated content. I mean, the toolset is amazing, and is certainly worthy of praise, but the bulk of the game for most people isn't made by the devs.

If LBP should have won, then I think the first one should have won. Kind of like SMG to SMG 2, the first one was the more groundbreaking title, while the second was just a refinement of the first. The second games in both series are better, but they are also less impressive.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Dark SOuls does

loosingENDS

You forgot to say that it was Dark Souls ON XBOX® 360..

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]negative you need something with replay value. darksouls loses interest after the 2nd time

Mozelleple112

That should obviously go without saying. I mean, the 360 versions was clearly the best version, so the 9.5 scoring Dark Souls should probably just be counted as a 360 exclusive, along with Witcher 2, since the 360 version will look better than the PC, and ME3, since lack of Kinect features will make all other versions inferior to the point of being unplayable.

[spoiler] Disclaimer: This post is sarcasm, and meant as a joke. [/spoiler]

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#22 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I think Skyrim should get GOTY, but LBP 2 definately should be in the nominees IMO. I love that game, it has so much replay value and creativity that it never gets boring! It's easy my favorite platformer this gen, which I know I'm going to get bashed for it but it's MY opinion. LBP was one of the reasons why I got a PS3, along with Unhcarted and MGS4.

Still Skyrim is better and I think Uncharted 3 is better than LBP 2. But it's not better Skyrim, no game is.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
Well, my GOTY at this point is Shogun 2, but I haven't played Arkham City, Skyward Sword, or Skyrim yet.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

ianuilliam

That should obviously go without saying. I mean, the 360 versions was clearly the best version, so the 9.5 scoring Dark Souls should probably just be counted as a 360 exclusive, along with Witcher 2, since the 360 version will look better than the PC, and ME3, since lack of Kinect features will make all other versions inferior to the point of being unplayable.

You know, I love how this guy claims that Ni No Kuni isn't really exclusive cuz it's also on DS, yet acts as if Witcher 2 is exclusive even though it's on the PC.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

It's between that and Batman, and after the less than steller ending to Batman I'm probably gonna have to go with LBP2.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Does the toolset deserve the praise, or all the people who poured 100's of hours into making the content?foxhound_fox

Both really. The toolset is really fantastic I think, and some of the insane stuff people do is amazing. LBP is a game that relies on a creative community

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Did LBP2 come out this year?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"] You forgot to say that it was Dark Souls ON XBOX® 360..

Oil_rope_bombs

You know, I love how this guy claims that Ni No Kuni isn't really exclusive cuz it's also on DS, yet acts as if Witcher 2 is exclusive even though it's on the PC.

Actually, he said that the 360 version of the Witcher 2 would look better than the PC version, which is just laughable.
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

lol, wut?

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowriverUB

Did LBP2 come out this year?

coasterguy65

Yes in Jan, it was first big game come out this year

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Does the toolset deserve the praise, or all the people who poured 100's of hours into making the content?OB-47

Both really. The toolset is really fantastic I think, and some of the insane stuff people do is amazing. LBP is a game that relies on a creative community

However the SP was no slouch ... it's by far one of the most creative games I've ever played.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Nope,it doesn't deserve it.MonsieurX

actually LBP freakin rocks and is one of the few games that does this whole gen.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ShadowriverUB

Btw anyone seen on SW my IN-SIDE-OUT level in SW ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTXaQ7OPw8

Also got versus mode! As you can see LBP2 is much more then just floty jump platfrormer

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Eh, meh... a month ago I would've agreed with you, but I ran out of Ideas for levels. :P
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#35 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I think Skyrim should get GOTY, but LBP 2 definately should be in the nominees IMO. I love that game, it has so much replay value and creativity that it never gets boring! It's easy my favorite platformer this gen, which I know I'm going to get bashed for it but it's MY opinion. LBP was one of the reasons why I got a PS3, along with Unhcarted and MGS4.

Still Skyrim is better and I think Uncharted 3 is better than LBP 2. But it's not better Skyrim, no game is.

ShadowMoses900
GOTY should not be awarded to a unfinished product, no matter how good the underlying game is. Skyrim seems pretty amazing but it's clearly unfinished and needed a few more months of testing. It would send a bad message to award such a game GOTY as that would be like saying "it's ok, you guys can be lazy and deliver a broken game, we will still praise you for it!".
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

Minecraft will win GOTY for sure

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Master_ShakeXXX

GOTY should not be awarded to a unfinished product, no matter how good the underlying game is. Skyrim seems pretty amazing but it's clearly unfinished and needed a few more months of testing. It would send a bad message to award such a game GOTY as that would be like saying "it's ok, you guys can be lazy and deliver a broken game, we will still praise you for it!".

Wasn't that broken to be honest. Dead Island was worse

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#38 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

OB-47

Wasn't that broken to be honest. Dead Island was worse

Dead Island recieved a lot of criticism for it's problems though. Skyrim hasn't recieved much of any and it's just as buggy as Dead Island, perhaps even worse. As far as I know there arn't any bugs in Dead Island that are as serious as the memory leak in the PS3 version of Skyrim, or the texture problem on 360. Dead Island mainly suffered from visual hitches and also an autosave bug which wasn't all that bad unless you were very very unlucky.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

If sequel like Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, or even to a lesser extend, Dark Souls, then Little Big Planet 2 definitely deserves some consideration.

But it's pretty unlikely it will receive GOTY, simply because it's pretty niche in my opinion, and was released at the start of 2011 which puts it in a bad position to be nominated for GOTY by reviewers.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

LBP2 is right up there with portal 2(except better graphic) games with smartest level designs of all time, unfortunatley that along isn't enough to earn GOTY.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I'd be fine if it got nominated and even won. Just the campaign and playing other peoples levels is great , but that extra magic comes from creating your own stuff. But I'm not sure how many people on their staff actually get into the creating and sharing aspect of it.

I highly recommend any gamer to try and make their own LBP level. You'll smile , you'll cry , you'll think , you'll learn.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

It's another sequel which will draw a lot of ire when the vote comes around (IMO). I'm still thinking the biggest dark horse is L.A. Noire.

Basinboy
agreed. I can understand some complaints gamers have about it, but the investigation and interrogation was such a different experience to me in gaming. I actually really like trying to figure out the cases.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

It's a great game. Certainly my game of the year, as with all the improvements over the first game.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

It doesn't deserve anything. It gotta fight for GOTY.

syam32245340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 syam32245340
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
GOTY all the way!
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

LBP2 is almost as big a steaming pile as FF 13.

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

LBP2... the most frustrating and glitchy game engine ever. No GOTY for this mess.

Avatar image for phantomblade220
phantomblade220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 phantomblade220
Member since 2010 • 958 Posts

I plan on buying the Special Edition soon solely for some co-op action with friends. Hopefully it'll be a GOTY contender in my book. But I doubt it would overtake Uncharted 3 for me. That game is beyond epic.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Most people don't even remember LBP2 was released this year.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It's probably the best platformer this year. I enjoyed it for the short amount of time that I rented it.