Let's list PS4 flops so far and predict future flops (56k)

• 154 results
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Jankarcop: How many times can hermits in the back halls of system wars randomly make Shit up?

You are the same trolls that said "The Order was downgraded. Funny eventhough the reviews have had no problems trashing the game nobody ever said anything about downgrade. Matter of fact everyone agrees at the very least it looks stunning. Then the badly compressed screenshots of infamous SS... You all got owned on that to.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@popeanonymousxv said:

From Software is physically incapable of making an easy game.

I found Dark Souls quite easy. It's not hard if you can memorize the patterns and play thoughtfully and patiently.

Pretty much. I mean, I wouldn't call it easy... but it's not the ball breaking game that people make it out to be either. I could see it seeming crazy difficult for a person who just started gaming last gen, that's about it.

In regards to the Souls games, I always see people saying "I don't want to play a game that makes me die 100 times to overcome this or that!" and I'm just like dude, wtf? It's not even like that. So I might die on a boss fight 2 or 3 times before finally getting it, oh noes! I even managed quite a few of the bosses on the first try.

I'd love to sit some of these guys down with the NES library and let them discover what truly punishing games feel like lol.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

It is mighty quiet around here today, I wonder why.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Naughty Dog...Downgrade? NEVER!

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: How many times can hermits in the back halls of system wars randomly make Shit up?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: Those are all an accurate representation of what the final game looks like. The one labeled E3 trailer is a pre-rendered cutscene vs a ingame cutscene. I love when people post that screenshot because it proves they never played the game.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Jankarcop

Yup, no downgrades.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

I don't get why people want games to suck and seem happy about it, I would rather have more good games to play than less but thats just me

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

speaking of sony's never ending downgrades lolol

http://i.imgur.com/ByqNfwi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/htQddX9.jpg

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

The hermits on this board aren't in the back halls.....their scattering all over the walls and floors...it's like an infestation around here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#110 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@popeanonymousxv said:

From Software is physically incapable of making an easy game.

I found Dark Souls quite easy. It's not hard if you can memorize the patterns and play thoughtfully and patiently.

Pretty much. I mean, I wouldn't call it easy... but it's not the ball breaking game that people make it out to be either. I could see it seeming crazy difficult for a person who just started gaming last gen, that's about it.

In regards to the Souls games, I always see people saying "I don't want to play a game that makes me die 100 times to overcome this or that!" and I'm just like dude, wtf? It's not even like that. So I might die on a boss fight 2 or 3 times before finally getting it, oh noes! I even managed quite a few of the bosses on the first try.

I'd love to sit some of these guys down with the NES library and let them discover what truly punishing games feel like lol.

Soft ass pansy era bro.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Why so a pre rendered cut scene which is no way near the quality of final product? So sony misleads everyone? we have these rabid sony fanboys everywhere on forums calling bu bu bu witcher 3 downgrade!!!!!

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

Seems like too many of the exclusives for the system so far are too busy trying to showcase its power graphically rather than just genuinely being a fun game to play. Driveclub, Kilzone Shadow Fall, The Order 1886: all of them are graphical showcases over gameplay. Fuckin' Resogun runs circles around any PS4 big budget exclusive currently available when it comes to fun factor.

Gameplay over graphics all day, every day.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

You are the same trolls that said "The Order was downgraded. Funny eventhough the reviews have had no problems trashing the game nobody ever said anything about downgrade. Matter of fact everyone agrees at the very least it looks stunning. Then the badly compressed screenshots of infamous SS... You all got owned on that to.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By zeeshanhaider
@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

You know, if you're going to show a downgrade, don't show screenshots with textures and character models that beat the shit out of pretty much any other last gen console games. Btw, the E3 builds were pre rendered cutscenes. They could have had Uncharted 4 visuals on the PS3 if they were pre rendered. Downgrading a pre rendered cutscene is stupid. It was art direction.

Bu....bu.....art direction.............

If only I had the gif.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Any platform has 5 flopped games in two years. Any platform includes PC and Xbox.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

You know, if you're going to show a downgrade, don't show screenshots with textures and character models that beat the shit out of pretty much any other last gen console games. Btw, the E3 builds were pre rendered cutscenes. They could have had Uncharted 4 visuals on the PS3 if they were pre rendered. Downgrading a pre rendered cutscene is stupid. It was art direction.

Bu....bu.....art direction.............

If only I had the gif.

Please do show the gif. All I know is that Uncharted 2 and 3 look hella good in real time and Uncharted 4 is set to do the same.

Doesn't matter. All I know is ND so far over-promised and under delivered. True for their last three games and Uncharted 4 is going to the same route seeing the obvious downgrade.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

The next big flop will be whatever the **** the Xbone gets next.

If it ever gets anything. Seriously lems, why do you accept this drought?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Doesn't matter. All I know is ND always over-promised and under delivered. True for their last three games and Uncharted 4 is going to the same route seeing the obvious downgrade.

Okay then. But the game looks good regardless. I mean, I guess there are some messy areas to the graphics in the demo, but you could tell what they were going for. But there is no denying that the detail is fantastic especially now that the game is straying towards open ended environments with increased verticality in the combat.

The game looks top notch. I don't get why you hate it so much.

Did I ever say that any of the Uncharted looked bad? I only hate how ND always overhypes their product not really the fault of ND since they are owned by Sony. That started with PS3 and how Sony tried to market their CELL blunder but when this crazy fan base takes their word as a word of God and hypes it to high heaven I hate that. And my hate multiplies when they disregard the entire industry and consider all devs as amateurs apart from ND.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Lmao UC4 was downgraded?

Christ how many times can the same fanbase be fooled....

A lot apparently.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#125 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Guess Microsoft fanboys need to distract themselves from this drought until Halo 5 is out.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GrenadeLauncher

@Lionheart08 said:

Guess Microsoft fanboys need to distract themselves from this drought until Halo 5 is out.

It's been a tough few months for them.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#127 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's a sad day when ppl are happy that part of the medium in which they are a engrossed in gets bad review scores.

A sad day indeed.

All of a sudden Gamespot and other review sites are the pinnicale of what is good story telling and gameplay. The same site that gives the same Madden and COD and Assassin's Creed decent scores year in and year out.

I have The Order preordered and can't wait to play it. If I like it....thats great.....if I don't....that'll suck.

But at least I'll have formed my own opinion and not gone by ppl who don't know what they want half the time.

Welcome to the new era of armchair experts

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Bloodborne probably won't flop, but God almighty that would be the most epic flop of all time.

Yeah it has been receiving glowing previews all around and IGN is practically gushing over it every day. I doubt that flops. In fact I want it to be my intro into the Soul's series because it seems to be a bit more offensive than defensively based.

But can you imagine the total shitstorm that would create in here. It'd be a madhouse.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: Lmao, where is the downgrade? You showed me picks with different camera angles. He'll you are the same trolls that said The Order 1886 was downgraded. Even several several reviews said it actually LOOKED BETTER then before. You see a different camera angle or gamma setting and you scream DOWNGRADED! Lmao.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#130 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

For the record guys, I only own a PS4 and I don't game on PC which makes me a hardcore cow, doesn't it?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 2mrw

@notorious1234na said:

@2mrw: SF wasn't a flop though.........when u factor n the number of PS4s out at the time and # copies sold

I was talking critically more than financially ... I own the game and it is not that good tbh, can't bring myself to finish it.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I'm betting the next JRPG will. But seeing as SONY is current gen 8 console leader witht the world's most powerful hardware in the world, the PS4, it seems the console still is selling really well since the PS4 enjoys the best console multi plats

I hope you mean console hardware.

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, but when Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and Persona 5 come out, you all will be crying bloody tears.

7, 8, and 6.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#133 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

This is an awesome system wars thread... Excellent work TC

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TheEroica  Moderator

@AM-Gamer said:

Lol the stupidity in system wars never ceases to amaze me. Do you honestly think some corporate douche from Sony comes into the studio and says " just focus on the graphics"? Lmao really?

What you need to be asking yourself is, " how the eff a game this poorly designed made it to the console in the first place"... You mean to tell me there is no one from RaD or Sony that was willing to be honest with the right people that the game they were pushing out the door was twice baked shit? I guarantee the suits at least felt a calm about how pretty the game is ignoring completely that the game is terrible.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AM-Gamer

@TheEroica: How did a game like "Beyond two Souls" which was designed far worse receive a 9? You can't predict what a critic will think of its game. What about Ryse? It got hit even harder then the Order. Did MS tell them just to worry about the graphics?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@TheEroica: How did a game like "Beyond two Souls" which was designed far worse receive a 9? You can't predict what a critic will think of its game. What about Ryse? It got hit even harder then the Order. Did MS tell them just to worry about the graphics?

Tom is known here to be a femi nazi?

I don't know or care only watched Kevin's reviews, but yeah many ppl don't agree with him and consider his opinions to be trash.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TheEroica  Moderator

@AM-Gamer: of course you can't predict a score... We live in a world where a crusty turd like gta4 received a 10 on this site... But I'd urge you to look around and read what people are saying... Beyond is sitting at a 70 at metacritic for example, the order, even lower.

The score itself only serves as forum fodder to be used to make memes, a metagame no one plays and a false sense of "ownage" for people who care about that stuff...

In the case of Ryse and the Order, two games that will forever be linked in early gen 8 suckage (move over haze and lair) we need to consider that these games were being talked about leading up to release as "graphics king" and "ZOMG look what X console can dooooz!"

All the while, less than stellar previews trickled out all along... Shit I still remember Colin Moriarty from Ign bashing the order and everyone crying foul... Yet he was right.

I don't think a guy with a briefcase walks into the dev meetings at RaD and slides a paper across a desk that says.... "graphics only, understand?" but I absolutely think the parties involved with the order, Sony included knew they were pushing out a far less than stellar game, but really banked on the slick visual flair as a possible saving grace to bland and uninteresting gameplay.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#138 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

The hermits on this board aren't in the back halls.....their scattering all over the walls and floors...it's like an infestation around here.

Now that the PS4's the only relevant current gen consoles everyone's on the PC bandwagon.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#139 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

I don't think cows were hyping Knack and haven't seen hype thread for the order 1886

Need to flopped games from PC,Xbox one and WII-U

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jankarcop

How delusional do you have to be to think none of these Sony "cinematic" games have been downgraded so far when people have posted factual proof in this very thread.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I think Uncharted 4 is going to be a great game loved by most, but I don't think it's going to meet the review hype here. I'm predicting an 8.0 - 8.5 with the way standards for linear titles seems to have changed on this site.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Until Dawn won't flop since it won't be hyped, most people seem to think it looks bad. With that being said, I am interested in it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

This kind of sucks. There are a lot of PS4 owners who invested in the PS4 (note the incredible sales of the platform) hoping for great games to come, yet they're rewarded with crap "AAA" titles.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#145 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Kirby's 5 wasn't deserved it deserves higher if you read the review it didn't make sense

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#147 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

PeasantStation4

its got...flops n' stuff

HALO MCC (6/10) > THE ORDER + KIRBY DREAM LAND (5/10)

MICROSOFT > NINTENDO/SONY THIS GEN FOR EXCLUSIVES

Err, No, Nintendo> Microsoft>SONY

Nintendo has the highest scoring exclusive titles this gen, don't try to kid yourself otherwise for the simple reason that MS only have 1 or 2 true exclusive, the rest are shared with the 360 or PC so therefore they are not exclusive and ones a Port of old games from other systems, yeah, thats right , MCC isn't an exclusive title it's a compendium of games that can all be played another system.

At least the ORDER and KIRBY are actually Exclusives

Bayonetta (10/10) >HALO MCC (6/10)

SSB wii-U (9/10) >Sunset overdrive (8/10)

Wii-U Exclusives 80+ on MC=8

Xbone Exclusives 80+ on MC=4

Obviously, being a completely biased fanboy you will come up with some lame excuse like 'bu-bu-bu kids games for nintendo......

Don't bother, The Wii-U is winning this gen in high scoring REAL exclusives hands down, like i said , don't try to kid yourself otherwise.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

lets list upcoming x1 games oh wait what games?? screamride?? lmao

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 2mrw

@TheEroica: thanks, I missed the old SW days so I thought let's make a thread that looked like that.

The thread isn't going the way I want though, a lot of rubbish old fan boyish arguments.. I was looking for more analysis for the failures and predictions for future flops.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GrenadeLauncher

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lets list upcoming x1 games oh wait what games?? screamride?? lmao

Their latest stinker was Funk of Titans, things can't get any worse.