Lems : Are you worried about Kinect being the prime focus of Xbox720?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

With Kinect crippling the Xbox360 core gaming focus, are you worried that MS will do the same thing next gen?

I've been thinking

If 720 has Kinect 2.0 built in then we will be forced to buy Kinect, if for example the hardware cost $400 then we will pay $150 for Kinect hardware that alot of us don't want and won't use.

Secondly if the GUI uses kinect, what about people who use their Xbox in a smaller room, that don't have room to be waving their arms around to control the interface.

While I understand the business reasons, Kinect still irritates.

Why can't any company just focus on providing value and service to core gamers? Everybody's busy inventing tablet controllers and all kind of stupid schit, nobody's focused on just having a normal controller and making great games.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
No.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

They should be.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

They should be.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i am not going to worry about something that isn't confirmed to be on the cards, no point getting worried over rumors and speculation.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

'Yeah alot'

I would, but i don't think it will happen. Xbox 3 will have Kinect, sure, but not as a priority. I don't think they will be stupid enough to give up of it's most successful market.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

um no, i have no emotional attachment to the Xbox brand, if it doesn't look like they'll provide enough games that interest me i'll just go with a different platform. Yeah if a console company just focused on a simple controller and enough non casual games that interest me i'd probably support that platform, unfortunantely the Wii seems to have made that a thing of the past.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

With Kinect crippling the Xbox360 core gaming focus, are you worried that MS will do the same thing next gen?

I've been thinking

If 720 has Kinect 2.0 built in then we will be forced to buy Kinect, if for example the hardware cost $400 then we will pay $150 for Kinect hardware that alot of us don't want and won't use.

Secondly if the GUI uses kinect, what about people who use their Xbox in a smaller room, that don't have room to be waving their arms around to control the interface.

Why can't any company just focus on providing value and service to core gamers? Everybody's busy inventing tablet controllers and all kind of stupid schit, nobody's focused on just having a normal controller and making great games.

ZombieKiller7

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Sonic Allstars Racing 2
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • MGS: Zeroes

I'm sorry are those games not playable on the 360? :|

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts
I think cows are worried enough for everyone, so no :P MS isnt stupid, they know core games are what drive the market. Are we all going to ignore them buying or forming new studios late into this gen? There will be new IPs, and more creative games, they addressed that with the hiring of Phil Harrison, who was the driving force behind Sony's new IPs and creative studios. Lets be a bit more open minded.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts
No.Blabadon
So you finally came out of the closet.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Nah...If its too kinect-heavy I won't buy it. Plenty of other options available.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

The only people saying Kinect will be the prime focus are Cows; because they want to discourage people from getting the next XBox.

Sad, really...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

The only people saying Kinect will be the prime focus are Cows; because they want to discourage people from getting the next XBox.

Sad, really...

StormyJoe
Kinect standard would make MS way more money than selling apart,is about money this gen not about power,power took the xbox and xbox 360 no where....
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OhSnapitz

Sad, really...

StormyJoe
Agreed.. They know absolutely NOTHING about the hardware or software outside of rumors.. but they're certain it will be All Kinect.. :roll:
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

I've been thinking

OhSnapitz

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite

Being ABLE to play core games is not the same as having a core gamer focus.

Any benefit to average gamers is accidental, not part of the "Xbox 5 year plan."

We are nowhere in their plan, except to milk us to finance crummy dancing games.

Halo Gears Forza is not a "library."

That's like saying "WiiU is giving us CoD" no, it's not, it's just helping to finance the next iteration of Nintendogs.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

I've been thinking

OhSnapitz

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite

notice how most of what you listed is multiplats that can be played on other platforms, what about first party/third party exclusives, kinect is basically being tacked onto almost every Xbox 360 exclusive these days.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Sad, really...

OhSnapitz

Agreed.. They know absolutely NOTHING about the hardware or software outside of rumors.. but they're certain it will be All Kinect.. :roll:

Well we already know that Kinect 2.0 will be built in.

How do you feel about paying for something you won't use?

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

They should be indeed

good post zombo

faximusy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 faximusy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
New rumors suggest XboxNext/PS4 smaller than actual consoles. This conducts directly in a little-casual-console with Kinect 2.0, and so on, like primary device. In the last lifetime of the 360 there are a lot of titles just for Kinect...
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OhSnapitz

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

I've been thinking

ZombieKiller7

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite

Any benefit to average gamers is accidental, not part of the "Xbox 5 year plan."

We are nowhere in their plan, except to milk us to finance crummy dancing games.

That's like saying "WiiU is giving us CoD" no, it's not, it's just helping to finance the next iteration of Nintendogs.

Ok I see now.. that'll explain why Minecraft, The Witcher 2, L4D, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, ect.. are available for the Wii and PS3.. :|
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
This is about as relevant as me asking "Hermits are you afraid that touch enabled monitors will ruin the PC". Kinect is simply an input device that the manufacturer (MS) wants to do well. But it is developers who determine what games to invest their time and money in, not MS. So when people say "M$ is focusing on Kinect" it really lets me know that they don't understand how business works. Unless you think M$ has called developers and told them NOT to make non kinect games.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite

OhSnapitz

Ok I see now.. that'll explain why Minecraft, The Witcher 2, L4D, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, ect.. are available for the Wii and PS3.. :|

cuz PC isn't a major gaming platform

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZombieKiller7

Ok I see now.. that'll explain why Minecraft, The Witcher 2, L4D, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, ect.. are available for the Wii and PS3.. :|OhSnapitz

Are you saying that Xbox was responsible for those games?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StormyJoe

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Sad, really...

ZombieKiller7

Well we already know that Kinect 2.0 will be built in.

How do you feel about paying for something you won't use?

Who says no one will use it? I don't play Kinect games on my 360, but I have used Kinect for "Kinect enhanced" games. Issuing commands in ME3 with Kinect is nice, speaking the shouts in Skyrim is even better. I wouldn't buy a Kinect for that (I got mine off a buddy), but I would use that functionality if it were built in.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

NoodleFighter

lol
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZombieKiller7

This is about as relevant as me asking "Hermits are you afraid that touch enabled monitors will ruin the PC". Kinect is simply an input device that the manufacturer (MS) wants to do well. But it is developers who determine what games to invest their time and money in, not MS. So when people say "M$ is focusing on Kinect" it really lets me know that they don't understand how business works. Unless you think M$ has called developers and told them NOT to make non kinect games.lhughey

The analogy would be if Steam spent $60 million to develop "Touch Screen Cheerleaders" and required that every PC have a touch screen monitor.

If that happened, hermits would be upset (and rightly so)

But lems just go "oh well I just won't use the touch screen feature."

Are you kidding me?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZombieKiller7

Who says no one will use it? I don't play Kinect games on my 360, but I have used Kinect for "Kinect enhanced" games. Issuing commands in ME3 with Kinect is nice, speaking the shouts in Skyrim is even better. I wouldn't buy a Kinect for that (I got mine off a buddy), but I would use that functionality if it were built in.

StormyJoe

Yeah cuz yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT" at your TV is easier than pressing d-pad.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Obviously.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

They should be.

Obviously_Right

They should be.

GamerwillzPS
AnXboxGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AnXboxGuy
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

I'm not worried, more ways to play and better integration with current games is the goal. I treat Kinect as a peripheral for upcoming games such as Dead Space 3 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Kinect also has some great features to have that are quite enjoyable in the house. I can't wait for Kinect 2.0 as the hope is to ever expand my ways to mess around and play, to have fun and enjoy the technology. I sometimes, you know, just want to relax while saying "Xbox, Bing, Prometheus" with the controller down and my feet up watching a movie.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]No.Cheleman
So you finally came out of the closet.

lol
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

They should be.

GamerwillzPS

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZombieKiller7

I'm not worried, more ways to play and better integration with current games is the goal. I treat Kinect as a peripheral for upcoming games such as Dead Space 3 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Kinect also has some great features to have that are quite enjoyable in the house. I can't wait for Kinect 2.0 as the hope is to ever expand my ways to mess around and play, to have fun and enjoy the technology. I sometimes, you know, just want to relax while saying "Xbox, Bing, Prometheus" with the controller down and my feet up watching a movie.

AnXboxGuy

Best answer from a level 3.

Not a very appealing answer, but hey it's a valid opinion, this guy likes "more ways to play" it's a valid opinion right.

Just sad that MS stuffs the other %90 of us (who don't want "other ways to play") in the ass while wasting our development dollars on things for the %10 who actually like Kinect.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

kinect is actually quite fun in moderate doses. unless you're playing it by yourself, in which case you're doing it wrong.

AnXboxGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AnXboxGuy
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

[QUOTE="AnXboxGuy"]

ZombieKiller7

Not a very appealing answer, but hey it's a valid opinion, this guy likes "more ways to play" it's a valid opinion right.

Just sad that MS stuffs the other %90 of us (who don't want "other ways to play") in the ass while wasting our development dollars on things for the %10 who actually like Kinect.

Well, the thing is I'm happy for Kinect and the integration with games that it has. I don't buy tons of actual Kinect games though, but The Gunstringer and Dance Central 2 were great fun. I still play 90% regular games, but the appeal of Kinect is being able to incorporate more ways to play into the game. I know voice commands are slower than using your controller, but games such as Dead Space 3 look really promising as a fun way to go through the game, giving out commands.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

kinect is actually quite fun in moderate doses. unless you're playing it by yourself, in which case you're doing it wrong.

KarateeeChop

Eh, I still don't find it fun. Got it as a gift a few years ago, I don't think I have used it since then.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Yes because there is no way in hell I will pay more than $300 for the rumored 1.2 Tflop console with or without Kinect built in. MS can shove it if they think I am going to subsidize garbage hardware with Xbox Live fees. I didn't mind paying for Live this gen when MS took a financial bloodbath selling 360's at $300 and $400 at launch. If MS is going to sell us hardware at cost then it better be free Gold or I won't bother with the Xbox brand next gen. I am already leaning to PS4 with rumors of PS4 being 50% faster than Xbox 720 and Sony having the Superior 1st Party devs. Next Gen the choice might be alot clearer. PS4 not only having the Graphical advantage, 1st party dev advantage AND Free Online. We will see if these Rumors stick but if they do I'll stick with Sony next gen and won't even buy the Nextbox even though I own both a PS3 and 360 this gen. Hopefully the rumors of there being 2 equal S.O.C. in the 720 are true. 1.2Tflop X 2 = 2.4 Tflop which would be competitive with Sony's rumored 1.8 Tflop Gpu + .6 Tflop APU = 2.4 Tflop.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="AnXboxGuy"]

AnXboxGuy

Well, the thing is I'm happy for Kinect and the integration with games that it has. I don't buy tons of actual Kinect games though, but The Gunstringer and Dance Central 2 were great fun. I still play 90% regular games, but the appeal of Kinect is being able to incorporate more ways to play into the game. I know voice commands are slower than using your controller, but games such as Dead Space 3 look really promising as a fun way to go through the game, giving out commands.

I wish Kinect appealed to me.

My 360 is in my bedroom next to a window, like 2 feet from a recliner, I have zero hope of playing Dance Central.

Also have people in the house, I can't be yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT!"" at 1am.

If I had a different living situation it might be fun to be silly and try these things out.

Oh well.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StormyJoe

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

ZombieKiller7

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

It's a f*cking sacrilege.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OhSnapitz

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

NoodleFighter

I don't recall saying it wasn't.. :| My point is.. The 360 has a incredibly large catalog of titles and most that I've listed came out after Kinect.. So clearly M$ didn't tell devs "F*k YOU make all Kinect games.." :roll:
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] Ok I see now.. that'll explain why Minecraft, The Witcher 2, L4D, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, ect.. are available for the Wii and PS3.. :|OhSnapitz

I don't recall saying it wasn't.. :| My point is.. The 360 has a incredibly large catalog of titles and most that I've listed came out after Kinect.. So clearly M$ didn't tell devs "F*k YOU make all Kinect games.." :roll:

If a game is on the 360 and PC that only means a bad thing for the 360. The PC is unaffected by multiplat status, and Wii/PS3 owners, that can't play the game on their consoles, also somehow benefit.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Nope. I don't doubt it will have a more central role than this gen, but I doubt Microsoft are going to ostracize an entire portion of their market.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
if it was a prime focused on kinect then why create a console with the rumored specs? just go the nintendo way..,i will worry if i ever buy the console...
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] Ok I see now.. that'll explain why Minecraft, The Witcher 2, L4D, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, ect.. are available for the Wii and PS3.. :|OhSnapitz

Like Rare? lolz
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

ZombieKiller7

That term is best used in describing the ps3 version of Skyrim and subsequent dlc fail.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Sad, really...

StormyJoe
This right here.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#49 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i have a WIIU so nope not worried

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

FastEddie2121

That term is best used in describing the ps3 version of Skyrim and subsequent dlc fail.

touche