Left 4 Dead Probably coming to the PS3

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

While I was at work I was able to look into the December issue of Gameinformer, and in there Gabe Newell the same who bashed the PS3 said that he would like to see Left 4 Dead come to the PS3. But that Valve wont be able to do the port and are leaving that up to EA.

So the PS3 will probably have a downgraded version knowing EA, but hey at least it's something. Personally though, I would get it for the PC.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
its not even that good of a game. after i played the demo it i immediately deleted it off my hard-drive. Idk theres something that lacks the fun of zombie killing in the game. Idk whether it was the 5-6 year old graphic engine....or the sluggish controls...or even the unlimited ammo for the pistol. Theres something about that game that makes me want to....actually play *gulp* resident evil outbreak instead...
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45129 Posts
Why won't Valve do it?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
After TOB on the PS3, I don't see why anyone would want another non-VALVe port.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

While I was at work I was able to look into the December issue of Gameinformer, and in there Gabe Newell the same who bashed the PS3 said that he would like to see Left 4 Dead come to the PS3. But that Valve wont be able to do the port and are leaving that up to EA.

So the PS3 will probably have a downgraded version knowing EA, but hey at least it's something. Personally though, I would get it for the PC.

Delsage
well the only reason i'd support it on the PS3, is because i know I have friends who will play it with me and I mean though the orange box was apparently "riddled with bugs" it still managed the same score on the PS3
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
It probably will since EA could use the money, and its not like EA UK is doing anything worthwile anyways.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Animal-Mother
Why won't Valve do it?SolidGame_basic
Because the hate the PS3 (in other words lazy like alot of other devs)
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mbrockway
[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Why won't Valve do it?Animal-Mother

Valve is a small studio. They don't have the resources, even though they are apparently rolling in dough.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

its not even that good of a game. after i played the demo it i immediately deleted it off my hard-drive. Idk theres something that lacks the fun of zombie killing in the game. Idk whether it was the 5-6 year old graphic engine....or the sluggish controls...or even the unlimited ammo for the pistol. Theres something about that game that makes me want to....actually play *gulp* resident evil outbreak instead...ReaperV7

Except the goal of the game isn't to kill zombies. The goal of the game is to work together with your teammates and survive.

Did you play the game singleplayer by chance? Because it's absolutely boring like that. If you aren't playing online + on Expert skill (or Versus), you're doing it wrong.

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts
I'm not at all worried if EA does the port. Sure, their 07 ports mainly sucked but they've really turned a corner this year and are making PS3 games on par with the 360.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ReaperV7

actually the transition to PC to xbox 360 is way more easier then developing it on the ps3 Valve (the company) doesnt hate the ps3. Only that one fat SoB gabe newell hates the ps3, (probably because his fat fingers are too big for the dualshock 3)
grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 grubsomefood
Member since 2008 • 278 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWlMB-iaMM

doom3 cooperative online pc^

Doom3 cooperative online>>>left 4 dead.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
good news for cows it's a great game, you should enjoy it
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Why won't Valve do it?mbrockway

Valve is a small studio. They don't have the resources, even though they are apparently rolling in dough.

With a franchise as successful as Half-life they have to be, and if not, then i have no idea what to say to that.

EDIT: but your right they gotta be rolling in dough otherwise why would they take soooooooo long on prodcution times. Their Easily tripiling  there money back with these games

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReaperV7

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]its not even that good of a game. after i played the demo it i immediately deleted it off my hard-drive. Idk theres something that lacks the fun of zombie killing in the game. Idk whether it was the 5-6 year old graphic engine....or the sluggish controls...or even the unlimited ammo for the pistol. Theres something about that game that makes me want to....actually play *gulp* resident evil outbreak instead...Velocitas8

Except the goal of the game isn't to kill zombies. The goal of the game is to work together with your teammates and survive.

Did you play the game singleplayer by chance? Because it's absolutely boring like that. If you aren't playing online + on Expert skill (or Versus), you're doing it wrong.

I was playing it on advanced difficulty....it literally took me 10 secs of taking damage from the zombies JUST to get downed and the zombies would just ignore me while they would go get my other teamates...finally someone would shoot them and heal me back up... also the game is extremely linear..blocked off paths? come on.... ...HOWEVER i havent played the director mode everyone is raving about. Im pretty sure that mode is better then the co-op.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

Calling Valve lazy is simply wrong....

Valve isn't lazy. They just have better things to be doing with their resources. As is it takes them 2 years to make a 6 hour "Episode." To them it is simply better use of their time and money to make the PC version and then port as fast and easy as possible. I mean look at TOB and Left 4 Dead. It is completely obvious that Valve didn't put much effort into porting those. But because the 360 is so easy to port to, the game was ported by them(sort of. Certain Affinity did the 360 port of L4D with the help of Valve)....

They aren't lazy, they just want to actually release their games.....

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mbrockway
I'm not at all worried if EA does the port. Sure, their 07 ports mainly sucked but they've really turned a corner this year and are making PS3 games on par with the 360.Jack_Bauer07
NFS: Undercover, bad fps issues; Mirrors Edge, no AA. But mostly, yeah.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Why won't Valve do it?horrowhip

Valve isn't lazy. They just have better things to be doing with their resources. As is it takes them 2 years to make a 6 hour "Episode." To them it is simply better use of their time and money to make the PC version and then port as fast and easy as possible. I mean look at TOB and Left 4 Dead. It is completely obvious that Valve didn't put much effort into porting those. But because the 360 is so easy to port to, the game was ported by them(sort of. Certain Affinity did the 360 port of L4D with the help of Valve)....

Lazy is when you hand your game to another developer and don't finish it yourself
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Velocitas8

grubsomefood

Looks bland and unbalanced (looked the maps were tuned for singleplayer.) Monsters were dying before they even touched anybody. Plus..bringing co-op in to the picture instantly kills Doom 3's "all-alone" atmosphere.

Besides..they're not even comparable; completely different games. The people who think otherwise don't understand what L4D is. It's a teamplay game of survival. Not a horror game.

grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 grubsomefood
[QUOTE="grubsomefood"]

Velocitas8

Looks bland and unbalanced (looked the maps were tuned for singleplayer.) Monsters were dying before they even touched anybody. Plus..bringing co-op in to the picture instantly kills Doom 3's "all-alone" atmosphere.

Besides..they're not even comparable; completely different games. The people who think otherwise don't understand what L4D is. It's a teamplay game of survival. Not a horror game.

Unbalanced? lol dude that's just one little level...where not much enemys...plus what are you talking about? the hit detection is amazing in doom3 must of been server lag..the hit detection in l4d is terrible..you dont even need to hit the people.

the xbox version of doom3 has 2 players online cooperative...but it was a watered down version of the offline single player.

the online coop mod on pc the single player is exactly same as offline single player alot better than xbox version coop plus supports more players.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Velocitas8
I was playing it on advanced difficulty....it literally took me 10 secs of taking damage from the zombies JUST to get downed and the zombies would just ignore me while they would go get my other teamates...finally someone would shoot them and heal me back up... also the game is extremely linear..blocked off paths? come on.... ...HOWEVER i havent played the director mode everyone is raving about. Im pretty sure that mode is better then the co-op. ReaperV7

As I said, if you weren't playing on Expert: you're doing it wrong.

Advanced really isn't much harder than normal. Expert, on the other hand, offers a decent challange. All of your teammates have to know what they're doing. Witches can instantly kill players (not just down them), friendly-fire does FULL damage (it does virtually nothing in the lower skills), and being surrounded by a mob of infected horde is very bad news (you can only take a few hits before you're on the ground.)

You can even go one step above that, though: Expert-Versus. The Survivors often don't make it but a few yards out of the safe room unless they're very organized in those games. I've never seen the survivors complete a full game of Expert-Versus.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="mbrockway"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Because the hate the PS3 (in other words lazy like alot of other devs)Animal-Mother

With a franchise as successful as Half-life they have to be, and if not, then i have no idea what to say to that.

EDIT: but your right they gotta be rolling in dough otherwise why would they take soooooooo long on prodcution times. Their Easily tripiling  there money back with these games

You cant just pickup a PS3 coder off the streets. No one knew HOW to optimise code properly for the machine at the start of the freaking gen. Why else do many developers hate working with it.

Besides the console ports of the OB sold poorly to the PC version, and the PS3s sales were abysmal. Great reason for Valve to port right?

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Velocitas8

Unbalanced? lol dude that's just one little level...where not much enemys...plus what are you talking about? the hit detection is amazing in doom3 must of been server lag..the hit detection in l4d is terrible..you dont even need to hit the people.grubsomefood

Explain.

I've had no problems with L4D's hit detection. It's just like any other Source game.

Yeah, Doom 3's per-poly hit detection is nice, but hitboxes work just fine. I hardly see how it makes a difference either way..these games aren't exactly simulators.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts
[QUOTE="horrowhip"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Because the hate the PS3 (in other words lazy like alot of other devs)Animal-Mother

Lazy is when you hand your game to another developer and don't finish it yourself

What is better for Valve?

Releasing the PC version(4-5 million copies) and 360 version(1-2 million copies) now....

Or delay 1 year(optimistically) so they can get the PS3 version(1 million copies max) done?

Valve takes their sweet time. As is, a 360 port is 1 month of port time tops.... a PS3 port from the PC on an engine not made to be completely multiplatform is 6 months work for other developers..... Go Valve time and we are talking 1-1.5 years worth of porting...

You are wrong cow... you are wrong... Valve isn't lazy. They just know where their market it and they are going after their market.

ANeuralPathway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ANeuralPathway
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts

So PS3 owners will get to be anachronists too?  Great.

Valve should have stuck with the old gameplan of no demo, the demo for this game certainly backfired as far as my dollars were concerned.   Charging 50$ for a game that should have come out two years ago is straight out of the M$/$ony playbook.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="horrowhip"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Because the hate the PS3 (in other words lazy like alot of other devs)Animal-Mother

They did their job. They are not required to bring the game to PS3.
grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 grubsomefood

the shooting/gunplay in left 4 dead looks unsatisfactory .

plus doom3 is cooler because it's zombies/demons and stuff.

grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 grubsomefood

John carmack should just make a super doom3 for ps3 like he said messing around.

he could contract another company to make it.

put it on playstation network lol.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Velocitas8

the shooting/gunplay in left 4 dead looks unsatisfactory .grubsomefood

You haven't even played it? :?

grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 grubsomefood

[QUOTE="grubsomefood"]the shooting/gunplay in left 4 dead looks unsatisfactory .Velocitas8

No i dont need to...the shooting just looks lame.

grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 grubsomefood
Plus a person who played it said the shooting was lame lol.
pseudocaesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pseudocaesar
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
After the Orange Box i think EA will actually make an effort to get it looking better for the PS3 (Think Dead Space, Mirrors Edge)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

its not even that good of a game. after i played the demo it i immediately deleted it off my hard-drive. Idk theres something that lacks the fun of zombie killing in the game. Idk whether it was the 5-6 year old graphic engine....or the sluggish controls...or even the unlimited ammo for the pistol. Theres something about that game that makes me want to....actually play *gulp* resident evil outbreak instead...ReaperV7

Try the full version before making such silly comments. Judging a FULL game on a demo = you lost

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

grubsomefood

I'm almost 100% positive this is Woobabooba. The same guy that said Doom 3 had better graphics than Crysis.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
the graphics are fine. People complain way to much about this. And you cannot judge a game fully on a demo.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

[QUOTE="grubsomefood"]the shooting/gunplay in left 4 dead looks unsatisfactory .grubsomefood

No i dont need to...the shooting just looks lame.

how would you know? I thought the shooting in Crysis diden't look very good until I played it.And the shooting in Crysis was actually pretty good.

All your posts are judgeing the game before you play it. You cannot say a game is bad or terrible untill you actually tried it yourself.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Yeah so if its ported. This fits in that, "Just wait" saying.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
Great news,another inferior port 4 the ps3 can't wait! :)
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Why won't Valve do it?ReaperV7

actually the transition to PC to xbox 360 is way more easier then developing it on the ps3 Valve (the company) doesnt hate the ps3. Only that one fat SoB gabe newell hates the ps3, (probably because his fat fingers are too big for the dualshock 3)

sure lets make fat jokes about him for thinking PS3 is a pain in the rear to develop for........ Im sure Valve is hurt....
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
anyway Left 4 Dead is one of the most fun games this year....... Even the competitive MP is a blast......Love killing people with tanks...and pouncing on people with hunters. Its only major flaw is -that the gunplay itself is average -Its quick...not enough maps Im sure the PC Mods will make that version memorable.....plus free maps....
grubsomefood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 grubsomefood
[QUOTE="grubsomefood"]

bladeeagle

I'm almost 100% positive this is Woobabooba. The same guy that said Doom 3 had better graphics than Crysis.

wtf is a wababa?

Doom3 has better lighting than crysis....but graphics? no.

Can you shoot out the lights in crysis? No i didnt think so.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]its not even that good of a game. after i played the demo it i immediately deleted it off my hard-drive. Idk theres something that lacks the fun of zombie killing in the game. Idk whether it was the 5-6 year old graphic engine....or the sluggish controls...or even the unlimited ammo for the pistol. Theres something about that game that makes me want to....actually play *gulp* resident evil outbreak instead...ReaperV7

I was playing it on advanced difficulty....it literally took me 10 secs of taking damage from the zombies JUST to get downed and the zombies would just ignore me while they would go get my other teamates...finally someone would shoot them and heal me back up... also the game is extremely linear..blocked off paths? come on.... ...HOWEVER i havent played the director mode everyone is raving about. Im pretty sure that mode is better then the co-op.

They did originally have an open-world type of gameplay, but they scrapped that after playtesting it. The playtesters constantly argued about which direction to go and once they took that direction they would travel that way each playthrough, not trying any other paths. Also, by making the game fairly linear, they were able to pack in a lot more detail than they could have if they had made the levels non-linear.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

meh..

360 and PC can keep it..

i'm playing it on my PC and my gaming rig isnt even impressive...

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
After the Orange Box i think EA will actually make an effort to get it looking better for the PS3 (Think Dead Space, Mirrors Edge)pseudocaesar

And yet any of those games look better on ps3,nice work at making things up.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="grubsomefood"]

bladeeagle

Yeah, it's him. He was banned a while ago I think, but he just keeps making new accounts.
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

in other words lazy like alot of other devs

Yes that's right, spot on, the reason successful development companies don't make these games is purely down to the fact they're lazy. Well done, your insight into modern development astounds me :roll:

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
The zombie types in resistance2 are more fun to kill, screw this game i didnt like the game its not fun, seems like a old game sux.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
The zombie types in resistance2 are more fun to kill, screw this game i didnt like the game its not fun, seems like a old game sux.kar008
I'm guessing because you weren't very good at it...
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts

[QUOTE="kar008"]The zombie types in resistance2 are more fun to kill, screw this game i didnt like the game its not fun, seems like a old game sux.DragonfireXZ95
I'm guessing because you weren't very good at it...

lol what? the graphics look so old and stuff, i beat the game on pc and played with friends also, its just so old skool.

i beat cod5 in veteran by the way  PSN kartik21