Kojima to join up with Microsoft?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KudoTsunodaFan
Member since 2015 • 65 Posts

Now that Mr.Kojima is no longer with Konami I think this would be a great oppoertunity for Microsoft. Kojima joining Microsoft makes more sense then him joining anyone else.

Why Microsoft should hire Kojima

This is a good chance for Microsoft to steal a former person associated with Playstation and gain many supporters as well as do major damage to Sony by making it's fans envious.

Why Microsoft is the best place for Kojima:

1. Microsoft has a ton of money which will allow Kojima to continue to make the big budget games he loves to make, compared to Sony which is struggling with money, MGSV was like 4 times as expensive as Uncharted 2, Sony can't afford that
  2. Microsoft is probably the most developer friendly publisher atm and would be a good fit for Kojima after Konami shafted him, all companies that work with Microsoft are extremely satisfied and make better games than before like we saw with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive. Microsoft would be much better then any 3rd party publisher such as EA or Square Enix.

There is also the rumor that Microsoft is buying the Silent Hill IP which surfaced around E3 and the source is very good, the same people that leaked Dark Souls 3. Microsoft has enough money to buy Konami's IPs for Kojima to work with, since Konami won't be using them anyways.

Kojima has also showed up on stage with Microsoft many times which shows that he's willing to work with them.

On the topic of Microsoft hiring studios, another good idea would be for Microsoft to hire/buy GenDesign which is led by Ueda and composed of former Team Ico members. This would be a huge F U to Sony and would provide great unique games for Xbox owners on a bigger budget and actually release on time.

If you disagree with me that Kojima will end up with Microsoft, where do you think he'll go?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

don't even joke about that bro!

In fact, I demand a mod locks this thread. I'm triggered.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

Won't happen.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

LOL

Speculation to say the least

Using the "Microsoft has a shitload of money" logic, they should be able to buy out anyone they want.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I can sense a huge bovine of butthurt coming if this is true

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Don't think it would make sense.

They closed Ensemble because they kept going way over budget, so why would they team up with Kojima

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

lmao, good one

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Either he builds his own studio and be independent, which is most likely what will happen, or he'll go to Sony.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Yeah they should hire him so he can spend all their money and release partially finished games far beyond deadlines, it would be a good investment...

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

lol would never happen.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

It would make the most sense

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Ehhhhhh.....let's see what MS can do with the majority of their first party studios before we start entertaining the idea of them picking up Kojima and his team.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@nyadc said:

Yeah they should hire him so he can spend all their money and release partially finished games far beyond deadlines, it would be a good investment...

This, there's a reason Konami wanted him out.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

In not sure Kojima is a wise investment. MGS V had all these great scores, but more and more people are calling the game unfinished. Not to mention his need to go way over budget.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@kudotsunodafan: I don't disagree with your conclusion, but the basis on which you reach it. Money certainly matters, but MS isn't foolish: they're not going to invest in Kojima unless there's something to invest in. They're not getting MGS and who knows if Kojima wants to remain in the AAA space.

Everything hinges on what Kojima wants. Whatever it is, there will be no shortage of suitors who are willing to fund him.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao, good one

Got to throw darts at something I guess.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

He'll start up his own studio and be independent of the big 3. Betting his games are all multi-plats.

If he does go with one of the big 3 it will easily be Sony, not MS. He has always put Sony first since the PS1 days. Remember, there are no MS exclusive MG games but there ARE PS exclusive MG games.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@sailor232 said:
@nyadc said:

but the guy always delivers, MGSV it's the only exception where he really went over-budget and still didn't finish the product (reviewers still gave 10's left and right). And Silent Hills was looking very promising based on the PT demo.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:

Now that Mr.Kojima is no longer with Konami I think this would be a great oppoertunity for Microsoft. Kojima joining Microsoft makes more sense then him joining anyone else.

Why Microsoft should hire Kojima

This is a good chance for Microsoft to steal a former person associated with Playstation and gain many supporters as well as do major damage to Sony by making it's fans envious.

Why Microsoft is the best place for Kojima:

1. Microsoft has a ton of money which will allow Kojima to continue to make the big budget games he loves to make, compared to Sony which is struggling with money, MGSV was like 4 times as expensive as Uncharted 2, Sony can't afford that
  2. Microsoft is probably the most developer friendly publisher atm and would be a good fit for Kojima after Konami shafted him, all companies that work with Microsoft are extremely satisfied and make better games than before like we saw with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive. Microsoft would be much better then any 3rd party publisher such as EA or Square Enix.

There is also the rumor that Microsoft is buying the Silent Hill IP which surfaced around E3 and the source is very good, the same people that leaked Dark Souls 3. Microsoft has enough money to buy Konami's IPs for Kojima to work with, since Konami won't be using them anyways.

Kojima has also showed up on stage with Microsoft many times which shows that he's willing to work with them.

On the topic of Microsoft hiring studios, another good idea would be for Microsoft to hire/buy GenDesign which is led by Ueda and composed of former Team Ico members. This would be a huge F U to Sony and would provide great unique games for Xbox owners on a bigger budget and actually release on time.

If you disagree with me that Kojima will end up with Microsoft, where do you think he'll go?

lol, project natal fan alt.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#21 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

That would be a terrible idea. It would lead to more exclusive titles. It is best that Kojima create his own studio or go to a third party developer so that everyone can experience his games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mems_1224

@LostProphetFLCL said:

He'll start up his own studio and be independent of the big 3. Betting his games are all multi-plats.

If he does go with one of the big 3 it will easily be Sony, not MS. He has always put Sony first since the PS1 days. Remember, there are no MS exclusive MG games but there ARE PS exclusive MG games.

Sony doesnt have deep enough pockets

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#23 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Never gonna happen. Sorry.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Wow, THIS IS OLD.

July 21st?

This is just a hypothetical argument postulated by Larry Darrell of "bidnessetc.com"(WTF?) way back in July.

What a great website by the way. Sketchy website du jour.

ProjectNatalFan.

While the prospect may be exciting to some, it's not due to the concept that Kojima would create a game the love and desire and would buy, but rather to quote PNF's alt, it's simply that "This would be a huge F U to Sony".

Playstation, Nintendo, and Xbox shouldn't be creating games and hiring talent as for fanboy reasons like "that's a big F U to them other games companies!!!!!". lol.

Creating games and hiring talent to be spiteful won't result in blockbuster sales.

There is nothing here really to discuss on this old article about why Xbox should hire Kojima.

It's like writing why "any big company should hire any great talent"...meh. Yeah, they should do that, but it doesn't happen and there is about 100x why that's FAR TOO complex to discuss in a place as dumb as SW.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Kohima will be on stage at Sonys conference E3 2016 to announce a Kickstarter campaign for another project with Guillermo del Toro.

The known universe will implode from Kojimas ability to troll and the singularity created from this event will power the PS5 20 billion years in the future when space/time is reset.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I don't think we'll see a new Kojima game until like 2019 so... Let's just wait

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

You're too late TC, looks like Sony got there first

lol

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#28 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

lol no. He's pro-PlayStation.

And he recently posted this on twitter.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@Gue1 said:
@sailor232 said:
@nyadc said:

but the guy always delivers, MGSV it's the only exception where he really went over-budget and still didn't finish the product (reviewers still gave 10's left and right). And Silent Hills was looking very promising based on the PT demo.

what is unfinished about MGS5? Please keep spoilers out since I'm still playing.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224

@Legend002 said:

lol no. He's pro-PlayStation.

And he recently posted this on twitter.

lol sony cant afford him. giving him money to make a game would bankrupt them. so yea, if you want sony out of the games industry pray for kojima to go with sony.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#31 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Great, so the next Halo will have extended dialogue between Master Chief and whoever about the exact science of what the hell a Warthog does. I can't wait.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:

I have no idea, just as you have no idea.

Best case scenario he ends up independent. Otherwise, I'd like to see him with Sony. Contrary to what you seem to believe, Sony is willing to funnel all kinds of money into games. Even shitty games. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to push some of that cash towards some actual talent.

I mean, this is the company that bank rolls bullshit like Killzone and Infamous. This is the company that continues to fund TLG, a follow up to two cool ass games that didn't perform well at all.

It may not be in their best interest, but Sony continually floats the bill for some risky shit. I'm sure they'd be willing to let Kojima go crazy with some funds.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#33 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

lol sony cant afford him. giving him money to make a game would bankrupt them. so yea, if you want sony out of the games industry pray for kojima to go with sony.

Of course they do but if they didn't he sure as hell would prefer PS to be the best place to play and not some dudebro platform that disregard story telling.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner  Online
@Chutebox said:

what is unfinished about MGS5? Please keep spoilers out since I'm still playing.

Chapter 1 feels like a complete game and it could've ended there. The rest of the game comes off as a weak ass post game, mostly being filler missions and straight up repeat missions with added challenges.

I wouldn't call it incomplete really. I'd say it went on too long for its own good. Unnecessary padding of the highest degree.

If you really dig the gameplay then it probably won't bother you, but it's still some shitty design at the end of the day.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224

@ConanTheStoner said:
@kudotsunodafan said:

I have no idea, just as you have no idea.

Best case scenario he ends up independent. Otherwise, I'd like to see him with Sony. Contrary to what you seem to believe, Sony is willing to funnel all kinds of money into games. Even shitty games. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to push some of that cash towards some actual talent.

I mean, this is the company that bank rolls bullshit like Killzone and Infamous. This is the company that continues to fund TLG, a follow up to two cool ass games that didn't perform well at all.

It may not be in their best interest, but Sony continually floats the bill for some risky shit. I'm sure they'd be willing to let Kojima go crazy with some funds.

I mean, backing all that garbage is the biggest reason why I dont think they will back a giant Kojima project. MGSV was what, $80 million to make? That was a cross gen game, what do you think a true, next gen Kojima game will cost? Plus, all the things you mentioned are for IPs Sony owns, you better believe that wherever Kojima goes he's not giving the rights up to his new IP.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rektmuhface
Member since 2015 • 455 Posts

Even MS would have an issue with the amount of money that maniac wastes.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Why join a company that is incapable of selling consoles in your home country? Investing in Kojima is basically investing in Japanese gaming and Japan has already showed they will not buy a MS console regardless of how many games it has for them.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

As soon as I heard about the Kojima/Konami split I thought about how it would be a great opportunity for MS to grab him. But I doubt it will happen.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner  Online
@mems_1224 said:

That was a cross gen game, what do you think a true, next gen Kojima game will cost?

I imagine it would be cheaper tbh. It takes a lot of extra work to get a game up and running well on 5 platforms rather than just 1. And working around the confines of 10 year old console hardware is a bitch. No leg room at all.

Plus, Kojima Productions had to R&D a bunch of shit that Sony already has in place.

For example, MGSV was their first time dabbling in 3D scanning. Getting the equipment and talent in place likely only cost a few hundred thousand, but designing and maintaining the pipeline for that, as well as keeping a team of artists on board who have the specialized experience required to capture, process, clean, remesh and detail the scan data, easily gets into the multi millions. Right now the company I'm working as a lead for is doing the same thing for another game company. We're doing it on a much smaller scale and we're already into them for well over a million. And we're just getting started.

All that said, Sony already has this in place, in a far more efficient manner and it's cost effective for them because it's used throughout all of their games and movies.

Of course that's just one example of how costs would come down. Sony has plenty of engine programmers and top notch artists that fluidly move between studios to ensure efficiency, things that Konami never had at their disposal.

@mems_1224 said:

Plus, all the things you mentioned are for IPs Sony owns, you better believe that wherever Kojima goes he's not giving the rights up to his new IP.

Though you do make a good point with this. I didn't even think about it. Of course Sony will float the bill for their own bullshit because they outright own it. Kojima has been around too long to watch another one of his babies not be his own.

Guess we'll see what happens.

Honestly though, I don't want Kojima trapped under Sony. I just think that if he must be locked up by a big studio, Sony would be among the better choices.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Sony fans would go apeshit.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

lol.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I'll go with anything ProjectNatalFan says. If Kojima is going to Microsoft then he is damn well doing it. I hope.

This would ruin some people's day but it is the canvas he would need to continue his legacy.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

He's going back to Nintendo where he originally started. #Kojendo

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

He'll be going to kickstarter and will need 100 million for his next game. I hope you Kojima fanboys have deep pockets because you'll need them :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I think he should form his own studio and make HIS games....not become a corporate stooge.

BigKingCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BigKingCheese
Member since 2014 • 283 Posts

LOL another worthless thread by a lemming. At least it's better than hyping up a commercial.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I'll go with anything ProjectNatalFan says.

Of cour you'd go with anything Tim says, Justin. He is the king of lemmings.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@turtlethetaffer said:

Great, so the next Halo will have extended dialogue between Master Chief and whoever about the exact science of what the hell a Warthog does. I can't wait.

lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mems_1224

@ConanTheStoner: I just can't see Sony investing the money when they really don't need to. If any of the big three were to invest I'd put my money on MS because they're so desperate to win the hearts and minds of gamers that I could see them throwing money at kojima. The ironic part is that even if MS we're to sign him that move would receive so much backlash and hate from gamers. Lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:

@ConanTheStoner: I just can't see Sony investing the money when they really don't need to. If any of the big three were to invest I'd put my money on MS because they're so desperate to win the hearts and minds of gamers that I could see them throwing money at kojima. The ironic part is that even if MS we're to sign him that move would receive so much backlash and hate from gamers. Lol

His game probably wouldn't come out until next gen so it won't help much this gen.