Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance the best handheld Kingdom Hearts?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I just beat the symphony of sorcery level.

This game probably has the best levels of any kingdom hearts game :shock:

Shinobishyguy

Definitely some of the best. The Grid is probably my favorite of the bunch here so far. Symphony of Sorcery has a really good sound design, through the fight againstChernabog was pretty disappointing.>_>

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Wanderer5

Definitely some of the best. The Grid is probably my favorite of the bunch here so far. Symphony of Sorcery has a really good sound design, through the fight againstChernabog was pretty disappointing.>_>

Was I the only one that thought the Grid really showed what the 3DS can do graphically?
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

layton2012

Was I the only one that thought the Grid really showed what the 3DS can do graphically?

The Grid is definitely pretty. Great use of color and lighting.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

you people really like that "dive" mode in Dream Drop Distance to be voting for that game

Wanderer5

Honestly the Dive parts are just okay. I love the music that plays on the non boss ones through.

ok, what about the part where you run out of time and get switch between players during gameplay or a battle?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

you people really like that "dive" mode in Dream Drop Distance to be voting for that game

killerband55

Honestly the Dive parts are just okay. I love the music that plays on the non boss ones through.

ok, what about the part where you run out of time and get switch between players during gameplay or a battle?

I think the drop system is interesting and works fine, but I didn't vote this game for that. I think this is the best KH handheld game (or heck best KH game maybe), for the gameplay with the great additions of the Dream Eaters and Flowmotion and how vast the worlds are.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

killerband55

It's only annoying when you drop during a boss, especially if the boss was almost defeated, otherwise I like the feature, but of course if you really want to stay with Sora and complete a world, before being Riku, you can just press pause and Drop automatically.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

when I first tried out flowmotion I found out you could pull off infinite wall jumps.

I'm wondering if this was intentional...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Chain of Memories and Re:Coded/Coded are the worst of the worst.

TheLastBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 TheLastBlade
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts
I like Dream Drop Distance more than Birth By sleep.... But that story and drop system... Still, I like it whole lot better because: 1) better balance in commands: Now the big problem in birth by sleep is the lack in challenge in combat (I completed it in he hardest difficulty to know what I am talking about). In Dream drop distance, you need to wait for a certain level before getting stuff like curaga. In birth by sleep, all you need to do is to max out a certain command ad so on until you get what you want.... And don't worry about munny too, you'll get a LOT of it by the time you finished making advanced spells. 2) Certain things lead to consequences: the use of flow motion is powerful, but timing is needed. If you're not too careful, a hard boss WILL kill you. In birth by sleep you just spam... 3) dodge is no longer spamable: you need to be extremely careful when you dodge. 4) no more unnessary grinding for attacks and commands: this speaks for itself. Birth by sleep is a fun game, but it was unbalanced as a whole even to the end. Still, Dream Drop Distance is another game in the series to have its innovation crippled with two major problems.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#61 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I haven't played too much of 3D, but all I can say is that it's better than 358/2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#62 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No idea, but man it looks like more KH, dull.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

You know what? Kingdom Hearts 3D doesn't get involving until the end of the game; then it gets intense, with major plot twists and epic boss battles.

EDIT: I recommend it for those who want KHIII; This game ties all them together with the story. So if you want to be up to speed with Xehanort's plan (which you do learn what it is in this game) then pick it up!

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

So...to be up to date with the story....I need to own, a ps2, a psp, a ds and a 3ds? I used to be a fan of KH, but the constant barrage of handheld games...on different handhelds is kinda forcing me away. What's next, another KH game, but for the Vita this time? How long has it been since KH2? If KH3 ever comes out on a standard console, I'll just read the plots of the handheld games online and be done with it.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Wanderer5

You know what? Kingdom Hearts 3D doesn't get involving until the end of the game; then it gets intense, with major plot twists and epic boss battles.

EDIT: I recommend it for those who want KHIII; This game ties all them together with the story. So if you want to be up to speed with Xehanort's plan (which you do learn what it is in this game) then pick it up!

bbkkristian

The last world also heats up in difficulty.>.> Well at least there the challenge lol; Proud Mode hasn't be too bad till the last world.And I better get a couple pills ready because I have a feeling that I going to get a headache with the information that going to be thrown at me.

And I still loving the AR aspects of the Dream Eaters.:]

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bbkkristian

The last world also heats up in difficulty.>.> Well at least there the challenge lol; Proud Mode hasn't be too bad till the last world.And I better get a couple pills ready because I have a feeling that I going to get a headache with the information that going to be thrown at me.

And I still loving the AR aspects of the Dream Eaters.:]

Wanderer5
Yeah, you might need them; the final bosses for Riku are as tough as nails! As for the story; it's pretty easy to understand, a lot of twist and turns are gonna happen and surprises are waiting. Lastly it shows what will unfold in KHIII. Tip: Dark Barrier is your friend for the final boss.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I played through KH 1&2 to get ready for this game, I skipped Birth By Sleep and 358/2 days and went straight into Dream Drop Distance first thing its better than 1&2 the combat is much better and a lot more fun and it dosen't have those horrible Gummi ship sections

But I'm completely lost on the story, Its a confusing mess or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention thinking a game like this wouldn't have much of a plot, but then again it is made by SE

Anyone who say's the handheld games do nothing for the story and are just waiting for KH 3 are completely wrong, I'm going to play birth by Sleep and 358/2 and even try to get my hands on the gameboy advance game which tells you how Sora ended up asleep at the start of KH 2

The whole start of KH 2 is confusing, Roxas is Sora's nobody I need to play 358/2 days

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Haven't bought it yet but BBS is my favourite one.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I have yet to play Birth By Sleep yet. I really wish they made Download version of it, so I can play on my Vita.

The only thing I hate about Dream Drop Distance is the DROP system. You're on a limited time on one character and when that Time is Up you are forced to play the other.

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

I have yet to play Birth By Sleep yet. I really wish they made Download version of it, so I can play on my Vita.

The only thing I hate about Dream Drop Distance is the DROP system. You're on a limited time on one character and when that Time is Up you are forced to play the other.

LegatoSkyheart
You do have Drop-me-not's. Only reason I don't like it, is if the boss battle and your going to drop out, you can't prevent it.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

EndlessPunisher

You do have Drop-me-not's. Only reason I don't like it, is if the boss battle and your going to drop out, you can't prevent it.

And that why you should use a drop me not before going in or dropping out before doing the boss fight, and then you can bring in a couple DMN if you really taking a while to beat a boss. Overall the Drop system is not that bad at all, you just need to keep an eye on it.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Wanderer5

And that why you should use a drop me not before going in or dropping out before doing the boss fight, and then you can bring in a couple if you really taking a while to beat a boss. Overall the Drop system is not that bad at all, you just need to keep an eye on it.

It should be keeping the player on their toes.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I payed every KH avaible in the EU including all the handheld games and I have to say that it's not really hard to compete if the only real challenger is BbS. IMO 3D > BbS, but I might be blinded a bit by Sora as playable character and I really coulddn't get into BbS characters (well besides Aqua maybe): Terra was increbible annoying and Ventuss was just a cclone of Rocxas which was a clon of Sora (I'm still no fan of nobodys). Also this new free running system rocks, new enemies rock and I love 3D :D

RulerofGondor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RulerofGondor
Member since 2011 • 401 Posts
It's pretty great, but I don't see it ever being better than Chain of Memories.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
seems neck and neck with 3D and BBS. Overall after playing even more of 3D, I have to say its just plain amazing. The combat is so fun, and the dream eater system is a great way to have squad mates. Although I was worried about the drop system, I now love it, I just love playing parallel stories with Riku and Sora and how they are on similar journeys, but at the same time its different as well. Also after the Tron world, man the graphics are amazing. The world itself is excellent and colorful like every other Kingdom Hearts, but the Tron world puts it graphically well above any other Kingdom Hearts. Sam Flynn, Quorra, CLU and Kevin Flynn's character models are so great. The character models in that world rival Resident Evil Revelations character models, and they look so similar to the movie version. The texture's of their faces are high res, and everything looks very sharp. Also even just normal tron guards look fantastic. I compare it to the Kingdom Hearts Tron World, and wow what a difference. Also all the textures are so much better and much less bland. I have been playing Kingdom Hearts 2 a long with it and wow, at a glance they look similar since they have the same art style, but if you actually play the games side by side, 3D looks a lot better, especially in 3D. Also flowmotion combat makes moving and combat that much better, I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 has it. In my opinion 3D is probably my favorite Kingdom Hearts so far. The only thing I wish 3D had was that the actual characters in the world will fight in game with you. It makes you not feel as close to them and feel like they don't play a really big part in the story. That was one thing I really liked in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2, cause all the characters in each of their own worlds were unique, and had unique movesets and limit breaks you could perform with them. Other then that though I just love 3D.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"] You do have Drop-me-not's. Only reason I don't like it, is if the boss battle and your going to drop out, you can't prevent it.bbkkristian

And that why you should use a drop me not before going in or dropping out before doing the boss fight, and then you can bring in a couple if you really taking a while to beat a boss. Overall the Drop system is not that bad at all, you just need to keep an eye on it.

It should be keeping the player on their toes.

the drop system makes absolute since though. there suppose to be doing the mastery exam together but they are in differen basically universes

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

birth by sleep the psp game is the best one but thats not very brag worhty since all the handheld kingdom hearts blew not only in gameplay but in story and non sense plot hole inclusion they have done to the storyline.