Kinect Sports Rivals Hype Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Kinect Sports Rivals Hype Thread (85 votes)

AAAA 19%
AAA 19%
AA 33%
A 22%
B 19%

With the upcoming release of Kinect Sports Rivals on April 8th, it's time to predict the score.

I am going with a solid 7.5....I can't wait to check out the Avatar Creator.

IGN Preview

• 
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8160 Posts

this game isn't going to score well, even as an Xbox One owner who loves the console, I can tell you that..

And I don't think it's because the game itself is going to be "bad", its because it finds itself in a very niche and unpopular genre that is universally hated by "core gamers".. I dont think Kinect Sports Rivals is going to be reviewed for what it is: quick fun with friends and family during a get together.. By design, the game isn't meant to be taken seriously and is supposed to be goofy fun.. Its painfully obvious that this game is aimed at the "casual" market.. That in itself, is its success and downfall.. Because instead of being judged from a casual perspective of lighted-hearted fun with the wife and kids, it will be judged as a $60 single player experience for a core gamer.. Plain and simple.. And ultimately, that's a fair way to judge a majority of games because a majority of "core gamers" play games alone.. And as a $60 single player experience, the game isn't going to review well at all.. That's just a fact..

All that being said, as long as I can bowl with 4 friends at the house over drinks, this game is a buy for me.. It's an updated version of Wii Sports and that's all I expect it to be and that's all I want it to be.. But I'm sure it's going to get horrible scores for lack of single-player depth, lack of an engaging story mode, and lack of other features that dont truly matter for a quick 30 minutes of fun with the family.. In fairness, I can admit that $60 can be considered a steep price for just "family fun".. But I'm willing to bet that I'll get my moneys worth out of the game over time.. $40 would be a more justified price tho in my opinion..

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

A mediocre game on xbox why am i not surprised

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

A mediocre game on xbox why am i not surprised

You should be surprised. Kinect 2.0 is revolutionary for gaming. Didn't you see the advertisements?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

The Flop is strong with this one. What were lems thinking by hyping this? We all know GS reviews all xbone games using low standards but even then kinect is in another league of crap. I'm surprised lems are capable of enduring so much crap, normal humans usually have more self-respect.

You know I got much respect for the lem community. They play the Hype game. You cows spam this board with KZSF and Infamous SS pics like they are the second coming, then play conservative in the hype game because you are COWARDS. At least lems will roll the dice and have some fun with the hype game. Like Ryse, and this game. I knew this was a longshot to go AA, hell even A was a stretch. But I voted AA anyway. Because its fun when the rare occurrence happens and you get the upset. But you're a cow, you take yourselves and sony way too seriously.

You have to understand that GS reviews PS games with way higher standards so our hype follows those higher standards. To lems it is easier to hype even crap games way up since they get reviewed like they were games for 4 years old. Nevertheless xbone games seem to be missing even those ridiculously low standards.

PC games have higher standards in reviews on GS,not PS games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@twizded said:

The game looks good! I wonder if it will be as popular as Wii Sports?

Impossible

Because?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

You know I got much respect for the lem community. They play the Hype game. You cows spam this board with KZSF and Infamous SS pics like they are the second coming, then play conservative in the hype game because you are COWARDS. At least lems will roll the dice and have some fun with the hype game. Like Ryse, and this game. I knew this was a longshot to go AA, hell even A was a stretch. But I voted AA anyway. Because its fun when the rare occurrence happens and you get the upset. But you're a cow, you take yourselves and sony way too seriously.

You have to understand that GS reviews PS games with way higher standards so our hype follows those higher standards. To lems it is easier to hype even crap games way up since they get reviewed like they were games for 4 years old. Nevertheless xbone games seem to be missing even those ridiculously low standards.

This post is priceless. You can't pay for DC this delicious.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 MonsieurX

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

The Flop is strong with this one. What were lems thinking by hyping this? We all know GS reviews all xbone games using low standards but even then kinect is in another league of crap. I'm surprised lems are capable of enduring so much crap, normal humans usually have more self-respect.

PS games too. They on par with PC games.

Nope.

Reviewer already stated that they do for PC games.

Never did for PS games

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#111 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

Gonna have to provide concrete proof of this conspiracy theory.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MonsieurX

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

Nope.

Never did for PS games

Who stated that and where? Is it official? Link? Even though is not official for PS it is evident for anyone with even an average intelligence.

Yes it is official. I think McShea stated it somewhere in the forums back a while ago.

Official > non official

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Massive FLOP for the Lemmings , Rare , Microsoft , and the bundled-in Kinect 2.0 device.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Lems must be thirsty as fk for games to hype this. Even sheep didn't hype the like of Cooking Mama...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 cainetao11

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

Nope.

Never did for PS games

Who stated that and where? Is it official? Link? Even though is not official for PS it is evident for anyone with even an average intelligence.

Yes it is official. I think McShea stated it somewhere in the forums back a while ago.

Official > non official

Lol a statement on a forum is not official and much less from McShea which is by far the worst reviewer ever in the history of gaming. If there's no official posted statement anywhere then it's not official, it's only perceived and with PS games it is easy to perceive for anyone with enough brains.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. To paraphrase "no official proof means it isn't real for PC. But it is for PS without official proof because I am a cow".

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

> Implying you're not a lem

Priceless.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Lems must be thirsty as fk for games to hype this. Even sheep didn't hype the like of Cooking Mama...

No, Lems just actually stand by their games instead of Cows who are afraid of the floppage. Hence the Infamous AA hype.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MonsieurX

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

Nope.

Never did for PS games

Official > non official

Lol a statement on a forum is not official and much less from McShea which is by far the worst reviewer ever in the history of gaming. If there's no official posted statement anywhere then it's not official, it's only perceived and with PS games it is easy to perceive for anyone with enough brains.

McShea is an official reviewer,if you like it or not.

He posted it because people were wondering,thus making it official

Stop denying it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. To paraphrase "no official proof means it isn't real for PC. But it is for PS without official proof because I am a cow".

No that's not what I said, that is the intepretation you gave to what I said using your limited interpretative capacity. What I said is that both ideas the one that PC games are rated with higher standards and that PS games are rated with higher standards are both based on perceptions on the forum and site. And they are both probably accurate considering they are both the systems where real gaming resides.

Except it has been stated by a GS official that the PC is rated with higher standards, no such thing for playstation.

You lose

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 cainetao11

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

> Implying you're not a lem

Priceless.

All the translations of implication, take place in the translaters mind-psych 101. I am a lem, but not to the extent that I wont buy a PS (I have owned and loved gaming with them all).

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MonsieurX

@juarbles said:

It could be his opinion. McShea is just one person, he doesn't speak for GS as a whole just like his reviews don't represent the opinion of the entire GS staff. Smart up lem.

He did speak for the GS staff.

And I'm still not a lem

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By lostrib

@MonsieurX said:

@juarbles said:

It could be his opinion. McShea is just one person, he doesn't speak for GS as a whole just like his reviews don't represent the opinion of the entire GS staff. Smart up lem.

He did speak for the GS staff.

And I'm still not a lem

Also, pretty sure it was Kevin VanOrd

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lostrib

@juarbles said:

@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

No that's not what I said, that is the intepretation you gave to what I said using your limited interpretative capacity. What I said is that both ideas the one that PC games are rated with higher standards and that PS games are rated with higher standards are both based on perceptions on the forum and site. And they are both probably accurate considering they are both the systems where real gaming resides.

Except it has been stated by a GS official that the PC is rated with higher standards, no such thing for playstation.

You lose

Prove it lem.

Do you mean me? because I'm not a lem, not even close

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 cainetao11

@juarbles:

You are right about the paraphrasing. I never do that, but was just having fun with you. But the idea that this higher standards exists for PS, is opinion unless you can prove it. The PC one I do remember a reviewer stating, not sure who, because of the lols that the DC from consolites gave me. Be interested if anyone can find that thread. I'll look. McShea doesn't speak for GS as whole, as you said, but you don't speak for gaming as a whole. There is real gaming on Nintendo and MS platforms. Let go of the one way love affair

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By MonsieurX
@juarbles said:

@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles said:

You lose

Prove it lem.

Life of juarbles

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 cainetao11

@MonsieurX:

A sequel to life of Pi...............maybe it will be a Kinect game LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lostrib

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles:

You are right about the paraphrasing. I never do that, but was just having fun with you. But the idea that this higher standards exists for PS, is opinion unless you can prove it. The PC one I do remember a reviewer stating, not sure who, because of the lols that the DC from consolites gave me. Be interested if anyone can find that thread. I'll look. McShea doesn't speak for GS as whole, as you said, but you don't speak for gaming as a whole. There is real gaming on Nintendo and MS platforms. Let go of the one way love affair

For me a perception is valid. No need to make it official. What I find funny is that the PC one is accepted even though there's no official written statement here but the PS one is challenged by the same people who accept the unoficial PC one. For me the perception that PC and PS reviewes follow higher standards is a no brainer but is based on perception.

There is a statement from a member of GS review staff. There is no such thing for Playstation

"If our standard of comparison for PC games was "the console version," the PC version would get a higher score than the others over 90% of the time." --Kevin VanOrd

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By MonsieurX

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles:

For me a perception is valid. No need to make it official. What I find funny is that the PC one is accepted even though there's no official written statement here but the PS one is challenged by the same people who accept the unoficial PC one. For me the perception that PC and PS reviewes follow higher standards is a no brainer but is based on perception.

A GS reviewer stated it for all the reviews, how isn't it official?

I guess since you're a cow,you're missing out some intellect to actually understand that

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lostrib

@juarbles said:
@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles:

There is a statement from a member of GS review staff. There is no such thing for Playstation

"If our standard of comparison for PC games was "the console version," the PC version would get a higher score than the others over 90% of the time." --Kevin VanOrd

Link? if there's no permanent official statement then it is not official and it depends on the reviewer. Besides "90% of the time" is not a official rule, it's more like based on subjective perception that's why multiplat games normally score the same on PC, PS4 and xbone. The same with PS reviews, perceptibly they usually follow higher standards than xbone games and that is a perceptual fact.

Stop whining, it was said by an official reviewer of gamespot, no such thing has ever been said about PS. Owned

http://auth.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/pc-has-no-aaaa-game-in-the-history-of-gaming-27373812/?page=9

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MonsieurX

@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:
@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles:

Link? if there's no permanent official statement then it is not official and it depends on the reviewer. Besides "90% of the time" is not a official rule, it's more like based on subjective perception that's why multiplat games normally score the same on PC, PS4 and xbone. The same with PS reviews, perceptibly they usually follow higher standards than xbone games and that is a perceptual fact.

Stop whining, it was said by an official reviewer of gamespot, no such thing has ever been said about PS. Owned

http://auth.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/pc-has-no-aaaa-game-in-the-history-of-gaming-27373812/?page=9

The denial is strong.

Just like every cows when facing ownage

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I can't help but think that FreedomFreeLife should have made this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

@Nike_Air said:

Massive FLOP for the Lemmings , Rare , Microsoft , and the bundled-in Kinect 2.0 device.

That type of package worked for the Wii.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lostrib

@juarbles said:

@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:
@lostrib said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

@juarbles:

Lol, first of all like I said there's no official permanent statement, a forum discussion is not official, it is just a discussion. Second nowhere in that page could I find where van Ord said that PC games are held to higher standards, the most he said is that sometimes they can't review games on all platforms so they use the same review for several and that doesn't mean they neglect PC games.

And finally third, someone posted a part of a apparently official statement from back in the day which said.

"Every gaming platform is different, especially in terms of its technical features. However, we believe high-quality gaming experiences are possible on all the gaming platforms that we cover. So we review games against the standards of their respective platforms by implicitly comparing them to other games on that same platform and, to a lesser extent, to other games in that genre. As a result, our ratings of games on different platforms are not intended to be directly compared to one another. However, relative comparisons do apply, so a game that scores poorly is a poor game by any standards, while a game that scores extremely high is an outstanding game by any standards."

So PS reviews having higher standards is entirely consistent with GS official statements since, according to them, different platforms follow different standards that are in context with the offerings on said platforms. Since the PS has had higher rated and universally acclaimed games for several years now, many of them breaking records continually in awards and GOTY nominations then it is obvious that PS games are following higher standards.

I rest my case and declare this the official lem ownage thread.

...except you have no evidence of PS games following higher standars

I declare this the Juarbles ownage thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lostrib

@juarbles said:

@lostrib said:

...except you have no evidence of PS games following higher standars

I declare this the Juarbles ownage thread.

Weak. Now you are in denial lemming. Don't try to win against real gaming because you'll always lose like all lems out there.

True sign of denial and butthurt, wrongly calling someone a fanboy (i.e. lemming) just because they disagree with you.

The juarbles ownage continues. Choo Choo!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#145 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@twizded said:

@Nike_Air said:

Seven years ago. And the Wii didn't cost $500. Oh, and the game was a free pack-in and not $60.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lostrib

@Dire_Weasel said:

@twizded said:

@Nike_Air said:

Seven years ago. And the Wii didn't cost $500. Oh, and the game was a free pack-in and not $60.

wait, this shit is 60 bucks? that is just awful

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Lems cant catch a break. Not single retail exclusive worth buying since launch. Ouch! Good thing SONY has me covered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

@Dire_Weasel said:

@twizded said:

@Nike_Air said:

The X1 is $450 and it probably will be bundled later.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@juarbles said:

@cainetao11 said:

This post is priceless. You can't pay for DC this delicious.

Do cows really believe the nonsense they type?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Lems cant catch a break. Not single retail exclusive worth buying since launch. Ouch! Good thing SONY has me covered.

What are you talking about? Sony has you covered with what? lol