Kinect is useless they say.....really?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Fantasia = 8

Dance Central Spotlight = 8

D4 = 7 ( better w/ kinect = fact )

For hardcore games yes it's pretty much useless other than voice commands during games. But for games like these it works and works well.....these games scored as well as any PS4 exclusives so far LOL

Also not only is kinect good for the above games it's also top notch for navigating your Xbox One, which I use on an everyday basis. Useless my ass!

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

yes it's useless

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Wouldn't consider for a second buying an X1 without Kinect since I see it as an integral part of the system. That said, I need the complete system < 400 bills including a pack in game. Eh, I may buy on impulse this holiday for mooaar, we'll see. :P

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice

@sts106mat said:

anyone buying an x1 without the kinect is daft.

Its use in Forza Horizon 2 is superb.

Yes...forgot about how well it's used in FH2

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

errmm yes, yes it is useless. 'bu-bu-bu navigation!!!' haha weakest argument ever and lol dance central and those 2 other games ive never heard of

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Fantasia = 8

For hardcore games yes it's pretty much useless other than voice commands during games. But for games like these it works and works well.....these games scored as well as any PS4 exclusives so far LOL

Also not only is kinect good for the above games it's also top notch for navigating your Xbox One, which I use on an everyday basis. Useless my ass!

A crappy "conductor" game, a crappy dance game and D4 is'nt "better with Kinect" as much as it's worse with a controller ;)

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@ghostwarrior786 said:

errmm yes, yes it is useless. 'bu-bu-bu navigation!!!' haha weakest argument ever and lol dance central and those 2 other games ive never heard of

If you had it you wouldn't be bu bu bu.....also regardless if you have heard of the games or not, they do exist and scored well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

kinect isn't only useless, Kinect is the most useless POS the gaming has ever seen. Two iterations, $150 and zero advancements rofl.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@chikenfriedrice said:

Fantasia = 8

A crappy "conductor" game and a crappy dance game, D4 is'nt "better with Kinect" as much as it's worse with a controller ;) Congratulations on making use of the microphone I guess.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

*Looks @ games* **** me really?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

LOL kinect

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@MlauTheDaft said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Fantasia = 8

A crappy "conductor" game, a crappy dance game and D4 is'nt "better with Kinect" as much as it's worse with a controller ;)

8 = crappy?....I don't think that's how the review scores work. And if it's worse with a controller doesn't that automatically mean better with kinect? lol

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The Vita is more useful than Kinect. How sad is that.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Fantasia will save the Xbone.

The market has spoken and no one cares. Time to move on.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

3 games AMAZING for how hard they were pusing support and took itout of the box.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

If you had it you wouldn't be bu bu bu.....also regardless if you have heard of the games or not, they do exist and scored well.

oh they scored well, that must mean they are awesome games haha and kinect sucks pity the fanboys havnt given up on it yet, even ms has

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

3 games AMAZING for how hard they were pusing support and took itout of the box.

They overreacted to Sony kicking their ass when they removed it...said that the day they did it. Sony is still kicking their ass with or without kinect. Fact is the X1 is better with kinect.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

They overreacted to Sony kicking their ass when they removed it...said that the day they did it. Sony is still kicking their ass with or without kinect. Fact is the X1 is better with kinect.

Fact is no it's not when MS pulled support and the voice commands blow chunks.

3 games is not proof or evidence that the machine IS better with it. And please show me the "fact" where X1 is better with kinect? What empirical evidence do you have of it?

What is "better" to begin with? It's a nebulous statement.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

oh they scored well, that must mean they are awesome games haha and kinect sucks pity the fanboys havnt given up on it yet, even ms has

It means they are good games. Scored the same as the awesome Killzone SF and the amazing Infamous SS lol....MS hasn't giving up on it as updates and games are still flowing, pretty sure they are still selling it too lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Agreed but the silver lining me hopes is that Rare is now busy working on some Kinectless core tiles like maybe a new Conlker or Banjo or heck a new PD will due as well.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghostwarrior786

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

It means they are good games. Scored the same as the awesome Killzone SF and the amazing Infamous SS lol....MS hasn't giving up on it as updates and games are still flowing, pretty sure they are still selling it too lol

and killzone sf and infamous ss are supposed to be good games?? lolololol yeah u just proved my point and kinect sucks donkey penis FACT

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Its not useless, its beyond uselss and the joke of the industry...Kinect(lol)

Even MS dropped it..lol

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@chikenfriedrice said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Fantasia = 8

8 = crappy?....I don't think that's how the review scores work. And if it's worse with a controller doesn't that automatically mean better with kinect? lol

Scores are relative. 8 means it was crap but at least had a slightly sweet, nutty flavour.

And no, D4 deserves a "worse with a controller" sticker.

It's surprising that "uses Kinect" is'nt listed as a con in these games.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

It's not completely useless but it not useful enough for M$ to argue that it is a must have and charge an extra $100 for the console. No one bought the xb1 because of the kinect, it's a package deal same as if you're dating a hot chick with kids. If you were an early adopter who wanted Gears, Halo, Forza, XBL and other xbox exclusives then you got the kinect also.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Kinect.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Animal-Mother try snapping an app without Kinect and coming back to game and then try to do the same with Kinect; try going from the deepest depths of console menu straight back to your game without the Kinect; try watching TV without Kinect - you can't control your cable box because Kinect is an IR blaster, you can even be doing something with your hands, like eating breakfast, taking off your pyjamas and still be able to use either your voice or gestures, you can even queue activities from your room's doorstep is really good; and the ability to do voice calls with your Skype minimized during playing a game is great.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Fact is no it's not when MS pulled support and the voice commands blow chunks.

3 games is not proof or evidence that the machine IS better with it. And please show me the "fact" where X1 is better with kinect? What empirical evidence do you have of it?

What is "better" to begin with? It's a nebulous statement.

MS didn't pull support, what are you talking about?....every update has had kinect updates. Also games are still rolling out.

Also I have personal experience which is how I can come to this conclusion. Me and my families experience would not be the same without kinect.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chikenfriedrice

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

and killzone sf and infamous ss are supposed to be good games?? lolololol yeah u just proved my point and kinect sucks donkey penis FACT

I'm glad you admit the PS4 exclusives suck

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Animal-Mother try snapping an app without Kinect and coming back to game and then try to do the same with Kinect; try going from the deepest depths of console menu straight back to your game without the Kinect; try watching TV without Kinect - you can't control your cable box because Kinect is an IR blaster, you can even be doing something with your hands, like eating breakfast, taking off your pyjamas and still be able to use either your voice or gestures, you can even queue activities from your room's doorstep is really good; and the ability to do voice calls with your Skype minimized during playing a game is great.

'try snapping an app without Kinect' u mean pressing the xbox button twice and then selecting the app u want to snap? ahh the agony of pressing buttons haha

'try going from the deepest depths of console menu straight back to your game without the Kinect' u mean pressing the xbox button twice hahaha wtf is wrong with u?

'try watching TV without Kinect' u mean like millions already do and have done for the past decades haha, only a fukin idiot will connect his cable box to xbox anyway, what fukin purpose does it serve

#argument fail

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Salt_The_Fries

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

'try snapping an app without Kinect' u mean pressing the xbox button twice and then selecting the app u want to snap? ahh the agony of pressing buttons haha

'try going from the deepest depths of console menu straight back to your game without the Kinect' u mean pressing the xbox button twice hahaha wtf is wrong with u?

'try watching TV without Kinect' u mean like millions already do and have done for the past decades haha, only a fukin idiot will connect his cable box to xbox anyway, what fukin purpose does it serve

#argument fail

First when you double-click Home button, you have to wait 5 seconds before even Apps appear in the snap menu, then if you want to, say, select Internet Explorer you have to enter another submenu and select it from it, and then you have to come back, so that's 10 seconds wasted compared to INSTANT ACTIVATION OF WHATEVER APP I WANT. Imagine doing this in Titanfall!

Biased cow logic fail!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I would buy Fantasia in a heartbeat if it was all classical music. It's my favorite cartoon of all time, but I don't have any interest in conducting Lady Gaga.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Unless you're really into flailing your arms around whilst playing a game...then yes, it's useless.

Motion controlled games appeal to a limited demographic. Basically ultra-casuals, 5-10 year old kids and chicks who don't really play videogames.

That's the niche audience that the original Wii appealed to and that's what made it a hot seller. Now the motion controlled phase has passed and no one cares.

When I get home from working outside in the hot/cold for 8-10 hours a day, I don't want to come home and have to swing my arms all over the place like a jackass when I'm trying to unwind and play a game. I want a comfortable, classic controller.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chikenfriedrice

@donalbane said:

I would buy Fantasia in a heartbeat if it was all classical music. It's my favorite cartoon of all time, but I don't have any interest in conducting Lady Gaga.

There is some classical....but if they went all classical the kidz wouldn't buy.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

I like it, but it has its limitations

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

#argument fail

First when you double-click Home button, you have to wait 5 seconds before even Apps appear in the snap menu, then if you want to, say, select Internet Explorer you have to enter another submenu and select it from it, and then you have to come back, so that's 10 seconds wasted compared to INSTANT ACTIVATION OF WHATEVER APP I WANT. Imagine doing this in Titanfall!

Biased cow logic fail!

imagine doing what in titanfall? browsing the web while playing the game? wtf haha why on earth would i want to do that? and if its taking 10 seconds for ur apps to appear then obviously u havnt changed ur dns setting, get with the times brah.

#**** kinect

#kinect(lol)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

There is some classical....but if they went all classical the kidz wouldn't buy.

Well, I'll add that to my long list of reasons why I hate kids.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chikenfriedrice

@donalbane said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

Well, I'll add that to my long list of reasons why I hate kids.

lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Salt_The_Fries

@donalbane said:

There is plenty of ALTERNATIVE MUSIC BRO, like ........ THE FLAMING LIPS, and zillions of others, so...you're not confined to crappy mainstream music!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

#argument fail

Biased cow logic fail!

imagine doing what in titanfall? browsing the web while playing the game? wtf haha why on earth would i want to do that? and if its taking 10 seconds for ur apps to appear then obviously u havnt changed ur dns setting, get with the times brah.

#**** kinect

#kinect(lol)

But you wouldn't want to use Game DVR to record clips? Or instantly start Twitching your match in Titanfall by saying "Xbox Broadcast" compared to multi-step process of doing this with the controller that will surely make you die? Yeah, right.

@sts106mat said:

anyone buying an x1 without the kinect is daft.

Its use in Forza Horizon 2 is superb.

Well, look what has arrived at my place:

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chikenfriedrice

@Salt_The_Fries: Enjoy FH2....one of the best racing games I've ever played.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@silversix_ said:

kinect isn't only useless, Kinect is the most useless POS the gaming has ever seen. Two iterations, $150 and zero advancements rofl.

In that case, Id hate to hear what you think of the PS Eye.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

#argument fail

Biased cow logic fail!

#**** kinect

#kinect(lol)

But you wouldn't want to use Game DVR to record clips? Or instantly start Twitching your match in Titanfall by saying "Xbox Broadcast" compared to multi-step process of doing this with the controller that will surely make you die? Yeah, right.

if only there was another way to record clips :( oh wait! i know, double press xbox and press x to save the last 5 min. and why the balls would i broadcast anything and strain my internet connection when im playing online? please talk sense

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

These games are rated on a lower standard. They aren't compared to games outside of the genre like hardcore games.

Pointing out that the xbox OS is gimped without kinect insn't something people should be bragging about. It's a pain in the ass, if I want kinect I'll buy it later but I don't want to suffer because I don't have one right now. I rather have 360 blades than what we got now.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chikenfriedrice

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

#argument fail

Biased cow logic fail!

#**** kinect

#kinect(lol)

if only there was another way to record clips :( oh wait! i know, double press xbox and press x to save the last 5 min. and why the balls would i broadcast anything and strain my internet connection when im playing online? please talk sense

You just don't know how beautiful it is to say "Xbox record that" without stopping the game.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@mr-powers said:

These games are rated on a lower standard. They aren't compared to games outside of the genre like hardcore games.

Pointing out that the xbox OS is gimped without kinect insn't something people should be bragging about. It's a pain in the ass, if I want kinect I'll buy it later but I don't want to suffer because I don't have one right now. I rather have 360 blades than what we got now.

The OS isnt gimped without Kinect, its enhanced by Kinect.