Killzone SF is shaping up to be the Half Life of next gen!

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Just watched this video and oh-my-god this is the real thing! The gameplay and level design is shaping up to be awesome!

Valve denies us Half Life 3, but Guerilla Games more than makes up for that!

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

looks even more repetitive and dull than the previous killzones. the video makes me glad that i cancelled my ps4 preorder.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

Amazing

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Beyond stunning. Check this out:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

looks even more repetitive and dull than the previous killzones. the video makes me glad that i cancelled my ps4 preorder.

lol

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I do not think you know why Half-Life is praised so much.

ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

Calm down.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Graphically the game looks stunning. I'm still going to pass though, hated all the other KZ games, boring as hell, I will not fall for the hype this time round.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Killzone looks cool but I seriously doubt it'll have anything on Half Life...

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@I_can_haz: Was this post in jest? Honestly, that does not look good to me. WTH at the trees and foliage?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Hahaha, oh God I hope you're joking. Killzone 2 and 3 are good games but they're nowhere near the same level as Half Life or HL2. You only need to look at the amount of graphics threads thrown around about the game to realise most of the supposed fans don't actually give a shit about it and just want something pretty to look at or to use as "ownage".

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Oh dear..

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

I'm sorry, but Half life isn't shit.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

and so the over-hyping begins.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Wow, there are a lot of things that resemble some facts about recent history.

The black hand was a rebel/sabotage movement in the second WW.

Someone also made an analogy with the berlin wall.

Looks interesting.

B-apples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 B-apples
Member since 2013 • 72 Posts

It was overhyping when people claimed KZ was Sony's answer to the Halo series, this is just taking the piss.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

I dunno. I think if Shadow Fall will be a damn good shooter if it plays its cards right, but the next Half-Life in terms of sheer impact on its genre? That may be asking too much of it.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

And the extreme overhyping continues...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Like someone else brought up a relevant point before - I'm going to reinstate it - Half-Life series has never aspired to be a graphical benchmark, it pushed the boundaries of video gaming elsewhere: story driven seamless experience, immersion and physics-based gameplay.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Oh really? Killzone may appear to be a somewhat interesting game, but to compare it to Half Life? Okay, here's what it needs to do:

• Achieve a score of 9.5 or higher, on Gamespot and Metacritic. To be fair it may need a perfect 10, since nowadays scores are pretty inflated, not like back in 1998 when the entire scale of 1 to 10 was used.
  • Overwhelming reception by vast majority of gamers regardless of platform. i.e. can't be mixed reception.
  • Introduce significant influences that irrevocably change the FPS genre or the industry. (e.g. weapon position on screen, story elements in FPS instead of arcade, varied level design/style, etc)
  • Be the most technologically advanced game at the time of release. (e.g. most advanced graphics, physics engines, animations, etc) HL series never "leaped" in graphics, but its games still had the best graphics at the time of release. On the other hand, HL series tend to revolutionise other technological aspects, namely physics.
  • Never release the third game.

Achieve all these, then maybe there's something to it. Otherwise it's just "another console launch title".

By the way, has nobody created a hype thread for Killzone Shadowfall? At the moment they might as well hype it all the way to AAAAE so that we can watch it flop and get it over with.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

There is this comical hyperbole disposition about PS fans when it comes to stuff they like.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

lol no

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Half life? i have all games from KZ and HL. HL2 not even at KZ2 level imo. I used to be pretty good at HL2 DM but its crap compared to KZ2 multi.

Shadow Fall murders everything.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol at any1 who believes a launch game will be one of the best of the gen for either X1/PS4.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Wow. Holy shit no

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KillzoneSnake

I was impressed with HL2 when it came out, mostly the physics were new to me. But why people over hype it? Compared to Shadow Fall, HL2 single player ultra linear lol

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Everyone just caaalm down!

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By soulitane

@KillzoneSnake said:

I was impressed with HL2 when it came out, mostly the physics were new to me. But why people over hype it? Compared to Shadow Fall, HL2 single player ultra linear lol

Are we back to saying linearity is a bad thing again?

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@GhoX said:

Oh really? Killzone may appear to be a somewhat interesting game, but to compare it to Half Life? Okay, here's what it needs to do:

• Achieve a score of 9.5 or higher, on Gamespot and Metacritic. To be fair it may need a perfect 10, since nowadays scores are pretty inflated, not like back in 1998 when the entire scale of 1 to 10 was used.
  • Overwhelming reception by vast majority of gamers regardless of platform. i.e. can't be mixed reception.
  • Introduce significant influences that irrevocably change the FPS genre or the industry. (e.g. weapon position on screen, story elements in FPS instead of arcade, varied level design/style, etc)
  • Be the most technologically advanced game at the time of release. (e.g. most advanced graphics, physics engines, animations, etc) HL series never "leaped" in graphics, but its games still had the best graphics at the time of release. On the other hand, HL series tend to revolutionise other technological aspects, namely physics.
  • Never release the third game.

Achieve all these, then maybe there's something to it. Otherwise it's just "another console launch title".

By the way, has nobody created a hype thread for Killzone Shadowfall? At the moment they might as well hype it all the way to AAAAE so that we can watch it flop and get it over with.

Haha, now that's a good post!

Visuals may be pretty good, but everything else seems fairly average, seems AAE at best. It's your typical launch game that'll quickly get forgotten... a nice benchmark to give console gamers the taste of next gen visuals, and nothing more.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

I find it insulting you compare trash like Killzone to a masterpiece like Half Life

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

i hope not, half life 2 sucked

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Please never compare Killzone to Halflife ever again. I don't think my heart could take it.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KillzoneSnake

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Not bad, just worse than having more options. I like linear games more than open world, but HL2 you have no options other than 1 to get from point A to B. Shadow Fall i have many, from using a vent, to blowing up a wall, or just taking another route.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soulitane

@KillzoneSnake said:

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Not bad, just worse than having more options. I like linear games more than open world, but HL2 you have no options other than 1 to get from point A to B. Shadow Fall i have many, from using a vent, to blowing up a wall, or just taking another route.

Which isn't inherently better or worse. You have those kind of choices in Deus Ex, do most people think it's a better game than Uncharted?

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I dislike everything Half Life stands for, but it's a very influential series. Something Killzone will never be.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup

@waltefmoney said:

I dislike everything Half Life stands for,

If you don't like video games, why are you here? Weird.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KillzoneSnake

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Which isn't inherently better or worse. You have those kind of choices in Deus Ex, do most people think it's a better game than Uncharted?

Deus ex open world imo, even though not a big world. 2 different types of games.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Sweenix said:

i hope not, half life 2 sucked

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@waltefmoney said:

Half Life pretty much kickstarted the whole filmic games thing that uncharted and the like get so much shit for.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soulitane

@KillzoneSnake said:

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

@soulitane said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Deus ex open world imo, even though not a big world. 2 different types of games.

It has a hub world, the mission design is linear with choice, at least with the new one.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#43 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

sorry No matter what you do you can't compare to half life

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

don't know why lemmings get so offended when cows hype their games but thought its perfectly fine when they hyped games like star wars kinect to be the next big thing in videogames.

It's always some stupid hypocritical argument with lems. I do not see a parallell between Kzsf and HL but I understand what they are trying to say with the story having a bigger role to play than just being a side attraction. (Hell they could have said halo 1 but then lems would have went ballistic crying about sony fans wanting a xbox exclusive) But lems talking out the ass about overhype when they are the worst bunch of failed over hypers in existence is true comedy. This is all to suggest that kzsf will have a great focus on story and used HL to draw a comparison.

lems I still remember when Ninja Gaiden 2 was supposed to score better than MGS4 and alan wake was supposed to be AAAA good times lems. Please shut up about "overhype" you guys have no place to talk about that.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

Oh good, I don't have to play online with you then :)

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soulitane

@casharmy said:

don't know why lemmings get so offended when cows hype their games but thought its perfectly fine when they hyped games like star wars kinect to be the next big thing in videogames.

It's always some stupid hypocritical argument with lems. I do not see a parallell between Kzsf and HL but I understand what they are trying to say with the story having a bigger role to play than just being a side attraction. (Hell they could have said halo 1 but then lems would have went ballistic crying about sony fans wanting a xbox exclusive) But lems talking out the ass about overhype when they are the worst bunch of failed over hypers in existence is true comedy. This is all to suggest that kzsf will have a great focus on story and used HL to draw a comparison.

lems I still remember when Ninja Gaiden 2 was supposed to score better than MGS4 and alan wake was supposed to be AAAA good times lems. Please shut up about "overhype" you guys have no place to talk about that.

Let me guess, everyone who considers people to be over-hyping this game is a lem?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 uninspiredcup

@waltefmoney said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@waltefmoney said:

Half Life pretty much kickstarted the whole filmic games thing that uncharted and the like get so much shit for.

It also helped made modding, digital distribution and indie gaming mainstream. The negative influence should be blamed on Call Of Duty. Thats anti-gameplay in comparison.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@soulitane said:

@casharmy said:

Let me guess, everyone who considers people to be over-hyping this game is a lem?

hmm, let me check for everyone who used the term "overhype" in this thead...

yep of everyone who used that term in this thread all of them are lems. Everyone who might say that doesn't necessarily be but it just so happens that all who said it are.

There are people who said "calm down" or "don't compare the two" or "no" who were not lemmings but all who used the term "overhype" were xbox fanboys. It always seems that xbox fans use the same language and repeat the same arguments another one said before him, I guess that is why they are called "lemmings".

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By soulitane

@casharmy said:

@soulitane said:

@casharmy said:

hmm, let me check for everyone who used the term "overhype" in this thead...

yep of everyone who used that term in this thread all of them are lems. Everyone who might say that doesn't necessarily be but it just so happens that all who said it are.

There are people who said "calm down" or "don't compare the two" or "no" who were not lemmings but all who used the term "overhype" were xbox fanboys. It always seems that xbox fans use the same language and repeat the same arguments another one said before him, I guess that is why they are called "lemmings".

and yet another post where you talk out of your... well, I think you're intelligent enough to know. Your posts always manage to amuse me. You call everyone under the sun a lem, by have a little cry when someone calls you a cow, quite amusing.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

"Killzone SF is shaping up to be the Half Life of next gen!" - lol

"Killzone SF is shaping up to be the Killzone of next gen!" - fixed

Amusing thread title, though.