Killzone Mercenary - Kneel Before Zod!

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts

Starting to get hyped

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Starting to get hyped

Easyle
well I was expecting a vid or trailer for it.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Just interested on how it will look and run. Not interested in buying it however.

There are other Vita games this year that I rather buy. :)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Woo!!
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Day 1.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
"Killzone 3 on the go" Is that like carrying a turd around in your pocket?
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 TonyKoeffler
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

Reserved.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
Vita..srsly, why do they even waste their time...do a console version and put some actual effort into it. We all know how this will end sales wise.
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TonyKoeffler

Vita..srsly, why do they even waste their time...do a console version and put some actual effort into it. We all know how this will end sales wise. soapandbubbles

Hey buddy, some of us actually enjoy playing good, quality games on the go that aren't crappy Android games. So you can just **** off.

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

Will the writing be as awful as it usually is?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i have surprisingly been interested in this since it got announced, not sure what about it im wanting, but im more excited about this than i was with kz3
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I know this has got nothing to do with Superman, but I like the Zod line :)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]"Killzone 3 on the go" Is that like carrying a turd around in your pocket?

or how sony said UC on vita looks better than UC on PS3 and it doesn't even come close to it..
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Killzone 2 was a horrible game.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crimsonman1245

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]"Killzone 3 on the go" Is that like carrying a turd around in your pocket?Tessellation
or how sony said UC on vita looks better than UC on PS3 and it doesn't even come close to it..

Who said that?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]"Killzone 3 on the go" Is that like carrying a turd around in your pocket?crimsonman1245

Who said that?

i don't remember if was sony or the developers during the presentation of the game before coming out.
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TonyKoeffler

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]"Killzone 3 on the go" Is that like carrying a turd around in your pocket?crimsonman1245

Who said that?

Yea...who said that? Sony never said that....they may have said it looks *similar* to the original 2007 Uncharted, but not better than Uncharted in general.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Hopefully the PS Blog post they talked about in the article has a new video for the game. I'm not worried about how the graphics look, I just want to know if it is going to have competitive multiplayer, not just co-op. Unit 13 was awesome, but it had no competive multiplayer. Burning Skies and CoD: Declassified had competative, but both games sucked. I really want a multiplayer shooter for Vita, and Killzone 2 was one of my favorite multiplayer games. So I have high hopes for KZ:M.

Can't wait to see more on this game :)

TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TonyKoeffler

Killzone 2 was a horrible game. SAGE_OF_FIRE

Apparently everyone disagrees with you.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-2

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts
Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TonyKoeffler

Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.navyguy21

But why do portable experiences have to be like that? I love the possiblity of playing Killzone on the go. There is a thing called "checkpoints" and "autosave". It's not like you need to commit for 10 hours.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

meh

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
meh
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Patrick_92-

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.TonyKoeffler

But why do portable experiences have to be like that? I love the possiblity of playing Killzone on the go. There is a thing called "checkpoints" and "autosave". It's not like you need to commit for 10 hours.

And even then this game isn't even a port of a PS3 game lol. It's not KZ3 on of Vita, it's Killzone: Mercenary, an all new game.

It'll probably be what Unit 13 was, 2-10 minute missions competeting for the highest score...a portable experiance :o

And the Vita has portable centric games anyway, Super Stardust Delta, Little Big Planet Vita, Sine Mora, Unit 13, Mutant Blobs Attack, Soundshapes, Lumines, hell even Fifa is great on the go. People keep making blind assumptions on the Vita's library, seeing it everyday on here.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

meh

EDIT: darn it.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.navyguy21
No,it was Sony's fault by letting B level developers make games instead of first party studios. Which is what they were doing with the vita until now. If naughty dog makes a ps vita game from the ground up I bet everyone would want one. Look what happens when Sony gets their top teir developers making games instead of shoehorning them to unproven studios (not ragging on bend studios though) we get games like Killzone mercenaries and Tearaway.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Killzone 2 was a horrible game. SAGE_OF_FIRE

Did not play multiplayer

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

where to ppl come up with this garbage? like seriously...

why is so 'unique, handheldy' about mario kart ds-7 / new super mario bros ds / mario 3d land / resident evil revelations (getting ported to consoles..)

A good bulk of the handheld games on the ds/3ds can be played on a console..

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 crimsonman1245

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.Ghost120x
No,it was Sony's fault by letting B level developers make games instead of first party studios. Which is what they were doing with the vita until now. If naughty dog makes a ps vita game from the ground up I bet everyone would want one. Look what happens when Sony gets their top teir developers making games instead of shoehorning them to unproven studios (not ragging on bend studios though) we get games like Killzone mercenaries and Tearaway.

Bend is a good studio, certainly not Naughty Dog, but easily worthy of making good Vita games.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.TonyKoeffler

Well, id agree with you, but the market has proven otherwise. We (the few) may enjoy these experiences on the go, but i think Android and IOS games have proven to be an indication of where the portable industry as a whole is headed. Sure, i would love a Portable Mass Effect or Skyrim. Vita is the only handheld that could handle it. Truth is, they wont make it beause it would sell like crap compared to the cost of making them. These "console port" games never sell well, which is why the PSP didnt do as well, and why the Vita is dying. Sony needs to look at tablet gaming, and look at what Ninty is doing. They should push for XBL/PSN style games on the go. Games like Torchlight, Fat Princess, or all of the other great PSN games. Push those devs to make unique games, maybe fund a few dozen. These "core" games will never sell because there isnt enough "core" gamers who have the handhelds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Killzone 2 was a horrible game. TonyKoeffler

Garbage opinions of a garbage game.
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TonyKoeffler

[QUOTE="TonyKoeffler"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.navyguy21

Well, id agree with you, but the market has proven otherwise. We (the few) may enjoy these experiences on the go, but i think Android and IOS games have proven to be an indication of where the portable industry as a whole is headed. Sure, i would love a Portable Mass Effect or Skyrim. Vita is the only handheld that could handle it. Truth is, they wont make it beause it would sell like crap compared to the cost of making them. These "console port" games never sell well, which is why the PSP didnt do as well, and why the Vita is dying. Sony needs to look at tablet gaming, and look at what Ninty is doing. They should push for XBL/PSN style games on the go. Games like Torchlight, Fat Princess, or all of the other great PSN games. Push those devs to make unique games, maybe fund a few dozen. These "core" games will never sell because there isnt enough "core" gamers who have the handhelds.

I bought a Vita specifically so I WOULDN'T have to play tablet/phone games on the go. Why would I ever want Sony to take the Vita in that direction?

TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TonyKoeffler

[QUOTE="TonyKoeffler"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Killzone 2 was a horrible game. SAGE_OF_FIRE

So I guess 94 critics and over 500 users all have garbage opinions? That seems legit...

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Yawn. Bring on Pokemon X/Y
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TonyKoeffler

Yawn. Bring on Pokemon X/Y MercenaryMafia

Sorry that I want a console that has games that aren't a boring, repetitive RPG that's been recycled for 15 years.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Was hoping for info on game play or story. Not just graphics. Nice to see its performing well though.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
Killzone 3 was the epitome of mediocrity, so I'll pass. [spoiler] Don't even own a Vita, lawl. [/spoiler]
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="TonyKoeffler"]

TonyKoeffler

I bought a Vita specifically so I WOULDN'T have to play tablet/phone games on the go. Why would I ever want Sony to take the Vita in that direction?

Like i said, we are in the minority.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I highly enjoy the kz games. Just wish story was better since the universe is there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="TonyKoeffler"]

TonyKoeffler

So I guess 94 critics and over 500 users all have garbage opinions? That seems legit...

That is correct.
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.campzor

why is so 'unique, handheldy' about mario kart ds-7 / new super mario bros ds / mario 3d land / resident evil revelations (getting ported to consoles..)

THANK YOU. I'm getting sick of hearing that same argument.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Isnt this what killed the PSP? All of the console ports and spinoffs? This is why the DS keeps kicking its behind. A handheld is supposed to have unique, handheld experiences. Come on Sony!! I want a Vita, i just have no need for console ports. I want something i play on the train to kill a couple hours, something that grabs be. Killzone doesnt do that. Monster Hunter does. Nintendo, IOS/Android devs get this.game_masta14

THANK YOU. I'm getting sick of hearing that same argument.

for some reason since its nintendo they get a pass idk why.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

[QUOTE="MercenaryMafia"]Yawn. Bring on Pokemon X/Y TonyKoeffler

Sorry that I want a console that has games that aren't a boring, repetitive RPG that's been recycled for 15 years.

Oh please, still waiting on that Vita killer app I see?
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
I like how people expect anything good from this series. I mean, just look at the name Killzone and you'll know what you're getting into.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#46 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Sounds great. I like killzone and all, but this game alone doesn't justify the Vita's price and memory card price. Still will wait for a price drop.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Patrick_92-
I like how people expect anything good from this series. I mean, just look at the name Killzone and you'll know what you're getting into.percech
I like how people expect nothing good from your posts. I mean, just look at the name perech and you'll know what you're getting into.
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

killzone died with #2, leave it alone already

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"]I like how people expect anything good from this series. I mean, just look at the name Killzone and you'll know what you're getting into.-Patrick_92-
I like how people expect nothing good from your posts. I mean, just look at the name perech and you'll know what you're getting into.

See, that would have been true if it wasn't for me being the only saving grace in this god awful site. I can't believe you don't agree that Killzone is a stupid name. It reminds me of the title Gangster Squad.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="percech"]I like how people expect anything good from this series. I mean, just look at the name Killzone and you'll know what you're getting into.percech

See, that would have been true if it wasn't for me being the only saving grace in this god awful site. I can't believe you don't agree that Killzone is a stupid name. It reminds me of the title Gangster Squad.

I agree that this is a god awful site, but you're far from the saving grace of this place. You are one of the reasons why this place is so terrible. Yeah Killzone isn't a creative video game name, but how does that make the game bad? What kind of logic is that? :?