Killzone is bad. Why do people like it?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

How do people enjoy these games? They're full of uninspired gameplay, crappy stories, and awful characters.

The controls in Killzone 2 were atrocious. It was like they decided to give every action the most inconvenient button they could.

I honestly see no redeemably qualities besides the graphics (which are good for a console game, but nothing amazing.)

Discuss.

EDIT: Apparently people can't pinpoint my question, so it's in thetitle as well now.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Agreed. Pretty much spot on in all aspects. The story in all the games was beyond cookie cutter.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I agree. Killzone 1-3 and Liberation are all terrible games.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

whats to discuss? you didn't like it, so what, millions of people did. Has a 91% on metacritic so critics digged it too. Making threads about games you don't like isn't what system wars is about.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnrealLegend

whats to discuss? you didn't like it, so what, millions of people did. Has a 91% on metacritic so critics digged it too. Making threads about games you don't like isn't what system wars is about.

Chris_Williams

I'm asking why people like these games, because I honestly can't see any reason to.

And here's a summary for those who don't know what the game is like.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

F*cking. Blog. It.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

How do people enjoy these games? They're full of uninspired gameplay, crappy stories, and awful characters.

The controls in Killzone 2 were atrocious. It was like they decided to give every action the most inconvenient button they could.

I honestly see no redeemably qualities besides the graphics (which are good for a console game, but nothing amazing.)

Discuss.

UnrealLegend

This is my answer to you.

The ISA characters are generic, the controls in Killzone 2 felt heavy (they had a realistic feel in the campaign) but they got perfected in part three for both campagin and multiplayer and man, by no means Killzone has uninspired gameplay.

steely_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 steely_e
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I liked Killzone 3's single player and put a good amount of time in the First Killzone. I thought Killzone 2 had decent multiplayer. I like them better than the Resistence games. Resisteance 3 was bearable but the other ones were awful. PS3 exclusives just aren't very good or are at best average.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

F*cking. Blog. It.

lundy86_4
Such a reaction! :o
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

UnrealLegend

I'm asking why people like these games, because I honestly can't see any reason to.

And here's a summary for those who don't know what the game is like.

....your trying to ask people why they like a game you don't like? how does that make any sense, I'm not going to like everything you like and your not going to like everything I like. I played the f*ck out of killzone 2, the story was meh but the multiplayer was the most fun in a shooter that I've ever had. Can I ask why you like team fortress? I don't find the game fun to play but hey i'm not going to go around and think everyone should have the same tastes as me because you know that makes perfect sense.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Agree with you TC. The story was stupid, controls were awful and multiplayer was boring as hell. Only redeeming point were the graphics.

Only people I believe they claim that Killzone is good are cows and that's because they love to overrate stuff.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
[QUOTE="steely_e"]I liked Killzone 3's single player and put a good amount of time in teh First Killzone. I thought Killzone 2 had decent multiplayer. I like them better than the Resistence games. Resisteance 3 was bearable but the other ones were awful. PS3 exclusives just aren't very good or are at best average.

Exclusives? You mean, the exclusive games in general?, it doesnt matter what studio makes them, what genre they belong to nor the individual asepects of each game.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
PS3 exclusive brah. Plus dem graphix.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

F*cking. Blog. It.

DarkLink77

Such a reaction! :o

Only the best!

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
meh , I thought killzone 2 and 3 were awesome games.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Graphix.

I remember when KZ2 came out and cows were hyping it as destroying Gears 2 in the graphical department (overlooking the crappy textures and occasional slowdown, of course).

KZ3 had some nice poly counts too.

Also, "Halo killer" or something like that.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UnrealLegend

....your trying to ask people why they like a game you don't like? how does that make any sense

Chris_Williams

It makes perfect sense. It's a popular series that I see little reason to enjoy, and I'm curious about why people actually like it. Is there a problem with that?

I don't find the game fun to play but hey i'm not going to go around and think everyone should have the same tastes as me because you know that makes perfect sense.

Chris_Williams

I never said everybody needed to have the same opinion as me.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Killzone 2 and 3 are awesome. Excellent enemy AI, stunning environments and visuals, solid gunplay, and great audio. Only thing both games lack is engaging characters and stories, otherwise they're brilliant, and no one can tell me otherwise.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I didn't like it much. It's an okay franchise though. KZ2 was meh.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I bought my PS3 for the exclusives and the Killzone series isn't one I care to buy into.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
One of two things: 1. They only own a PS3 and want a big-budget shooter. 2. Are a cow and eat up whatever Sony shovels their way.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I bought Killzone 2 on a whim, and played a littelf of it. The campaign was fun until I realized I was just doing the same thing over and over and over again.

So I dropped it and I haven't picked it up again. I'm not terribly broken up over that.

I'd give the multiplayer a chance, but that's been dead for years.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I thought Killzone 2 was bad. Everything's grey, the characters are unlikeable d!cks, the controls were poor. The AI seemed really good and the animations were very impressive. But that's not enough to make up for bad graphics, gameplay and story (imo, I'm aware reviews and fanboys disagree...)
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Halo is bad. Why do people like it?

Half-Life is bad. Why do people like it?

Call of Duty is bad. Why do people like it?

OP, if you can't see the stupidity in your stupid question that is asked in an inherently stupid way, you are stupid.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

It's hard to take anyone's opinion on KZ seriously if they couldn't even take the 30 minutes required to get used to the controls in 2.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

its a Masterpiece:cool:

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UnrealLegend

OP, if you can't see the stupidity in your stupid question that is asked in an inherently stupid way, you are stupid.

SPYDER0416

The "Killzone is bad" part was mainly to draw people into the thread. I wouldn't actually consider it bad, just painfully average.

The "Why do people like it?" was actually supposed to be the main subject of the thread, and most people are not surprisingly going right past that.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

welcome to the real world where everyone has an opinion,and sometimes it's different from yours

shocking isn't it?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
They are pretty good games. They could have been better, but GG wanted to rush it
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

UnrealLegend

The "Killzone is bad" part was mainly to draw people into the thread. I wouldn't actually consider it bad, just painfully average.

The "Why do people like it?" was actually supposed to be the main subject of the thread, and most people are not surprisingly going right past that.

Why do people like it?

because its different, you actually feel like a soldier carrying a powerful and heavy weapon, as opposed to feeling like a camera attched to the barrel of a gun on roller skates like most other shooters, that and some of the best enemy A.I this generation imo.

If you cant make an engaging thread without flamebaiting, then dont expect any serious answers, cause all everyone will see is trolling.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
2 was decent and pretty but 3 was bad(SP was fun though). I didn't even want to buy 3, I only got it to play with a few PSN friends who were big KZ fans and even they stopped playing by the third week. Biggest waste of money ever and pretty much why I haven't touched a PS3 exclusive since.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
same reason people like bad games like team fortress. because they can?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

They like it cos they're cows and feel obligated to like it due to it being exclusive and a push forward in visuals. It's the definition of all flash with no substance. Games look great but the gameplay is so poor. It also felt really laggy to me control wise. Like this feeling of weight they tried to add made the character feel unresponsive which on analog sticks is not good as they can feel unresponsive sometimes already.

The Multiplayer was ok but not a revolution. Also isn't the game touted as like the Halo killer or something stupid like that? That could be another reason people back it, they want it to beat Halo. *shrugs* I dunno, I don't love the franchise anyway

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Zaibach

Why do people like it?

because its different, you actually feel like a soldier carrying a powerful and heavy weapon, as opposed to feeling like a camera attched to the barrel of a gun on roller skates like most other shooters, that and some of the best enemy A.I this generation imo.

If you cant make an engaging thread without flamebaiting, then dont expect any serious answers, cause all everyone will see is trolling.

Normally I wouldn't, but I'm feeling a bit strange this morning. :P

Anyway, thanks for a reasonable response.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#35 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Because Killzone isn't bad. At all. The controls really add some weight to your movement, something which is still lacking in the vast majority of the first person shooters, where you feel more like a tripod on wheels than a guy carrying a gun. The guns also really feel like they have an impact, and the AI puts up a more-than-decent fight. Overall it's just a very enjoyable shooter.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
They're good games just noting special or memorable.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Killzone 3 had a really amazing campaign, it was really well paced. I honestly enjoyed it more than any of the halo games except for maybe ODST's campaigns.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts
it wasn't as great as it was hyped to be, but there's other over-hyped PS3 exclusives more deserving of criticism than the Killzone games
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Killzone is bad, I agree, but Halo is much worse.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#40 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Here is why KZ is one of the best shooters this gen.

1) It is one of the most advanced games this gen, and it shows. It's graphics are top notch, so is the enemy AI. Killzon broke the barrier in tech, it is far ahead of other games in this aspect. (This is point is not an opinion either, it is a fact).

2) It has some of the best game play in an FPS hands down. Everything from shooting a gun, to melee an enemy, to even running and moving etc....it all plays great. No other FPS feels as good as KZ does. The controls are not bad either, you can change them. People who b!tch about the controls have not played the games before.

3) The Multiplayer is amazing and addicting. It has a class system similar to Team Fortress but much better. The maps are very well defined, they are perfect. The multiplayer has so much to it, it's insane.

Killzone is a great shooter that get's a lot of hate, most of which comes from jealous fanboys who have never even played it before. Which is a shame, because I can bet you if KZ was available for 360 and PC too more people would find out how great it is, including the haters.

To put in simply; Killzone is FPS refined. It is the most refined FPS ever made. It is not my favorite though, that belongs to COD. But KZ is still amazing.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Thats funny since people still play KZ2 and 3 online multiplayer.

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 derptholomew
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

people dont, thats why less than 50 people online, and the killzone 3 only sold 125,000 worldwide, its just the 50 vocal cows on this forum make it seem people like it

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 derptholomew

people dont, thats why less than 50 people online, and the killzone 3 only sold 125,000 worldwide, its just the 50 vocal cows on this forum make it seem people like it

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 derptholomew

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 derptholomew

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Thats funny since people still play KZ2 and 3 online multiplayer.

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 derptholomew

derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 derptholomew

Chris_Williams
Millions lmao!!! more like 100,000 like the game sold worldwide, dont confuse it with halo 3 or halo reach which actually sold MILLIONS
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UnrealLegend

People who b!tch about the controls have not played the games before.

ShadowMoses900

okayguy.jpg

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
Killzone is so bad that Sony had to bundle Killzone 3 with a ps3 just to get rid of that shiit.