Killzone 3 will outscore Halo: Reach. New FPS king!!

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EliteKitteh
Member since 2008 • 805 Posts

Not on Gamespot. That would require AAAA. No, Killzone 3 will beat Reach's disappointing 91 Metascore (incidentally the same score Killzone 2 got).

Agree, disagree? Voice your opinion via the poll above :D

Edit: nuts. I forgot to put "Rico sucks!" in the poll :lol:

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

COD says hi.

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EliteKitteh

COD says hi.

tbolt76

This is system wars. Multiplats can't be king of anything :P

Plus Black Ops only has 88 Meta :(

DarkStraberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkStraberry
Member since 2009 • 572 Posts
Beating Reach (and COD) on metacritic would be nice, but for me a ten on Gamespot is the real deal (and I don't think it will happen unfortunately, I've been burned (pun intended) enough with GT5 to overhype)
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

lol @ not grey enough.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#6 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

In terms of score? Maybe. But I like to form my own opinion instead of peeing my pants over Metacritic scores.

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EliteKitteh

In terms of score? Maybe. But I like to form my own opinion instead of peeing my pants over Metacritic scores.

DraugenCP

I'm sure you do. But sadly, unless your opinion is listed on Metacritic it means diddly squat here. Also, since maybe isn't on the poll I'll use my vote to vote "You bet!" for you :oops:

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Nope Killzone will always play second fiddle to Halo in every way, I dont know why thats so hard for you cow's to swallow.
Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

im sure killzone 3D will be superb. i just don't see it being as good a reach.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
To be fair to Halo Reach the metascore is dragged down by a number of ridiculous reviews which shouldn't even count towards the metascore; including that laughable 5/10 'not worth $60' one which the reviewer himself later said was way too harsh just two weeks after posting it.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I don't know but i'll get the game :D.
EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EliteKitteh

Nope Killzone will always play second fiddle to Halo in every way, I dont know why thats so hard for you cow's to swallow.Sp4rtan_3

What about graphics? :shock:

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ninja-Hippo

But sadly, unless your opinion is listed on Metacritic it means diddly squat here.

EliteKitteh
Nice fantasy right there. :? Something has to be tabulated on Metacritic to be valid? Since when? All of a sudden videogame 'journalists' are the highest tier of credibility?
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Eh, they'll both be overshadowed by the score of 98.7 for the Halo CE remake.. just saying. :P

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Nope Killzone will always play second fiddle to Halo in every way, I dont know why thats so hard for you cow's to swallow.EliteKitteh

What about graphics? :shock:

Graphics are fine and dandy but I enjoys Halo art style better then Killzones grey and bland style. Plus playing games for graphics is :lol: worthy.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

So when did we decide meta critic was the new standard around here? which game did gamespot flop to bring this change about?

I would say KZ is more comparable to GoW than Halo anyway being a more corridor experience.

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EliteKitteh

[QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

But sadly, unless your opinion is listed on Metacritic it means diddly squat here.

Ninja-Hippo

Nice fantasy right there. :? Something has to be tabulated on Metacritic to be valid? Since when? All of a sudden videogame 'journalists' are the highest tier of credibility?

Sit down :roll: you know how this works by now.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

There's no way it gets AAAAE here. Does'nt take that much for it to beat Halo for me personally though.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Yeah it's possible it can outscore it.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

It looks pretty incredible so far. I hope it is better. Why wouldnt I? Im not some kind of fanboy or something.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

EliteKitteh

Sit down :roll: you know how this works by now.

How does it work then, exactly? Whatever a reviewer says is golden? Are you sure that's the standard you want to adopt because the GT5 thread certainly says otherwise.
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

No, Halo will always be the best FPS along with Half Life.Xbox and PC have their revolutionary FPS's and the PS3 doesn't, no matter how many Killzone's they do.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I think it will get a 9.0 here.
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

it might beat reach ,but not halo 3 which was a better game...

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 h575309

No, Halo will always be the best FPS along with Half Life.Xbox and PC have their revolutionary FPS's and the PS3 doesn't, no matter how many Killzone's they do.

Hatiko
Halo 3 and Reach are hardly revolutionary.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Hippo

You're annoying. You think I really care if it gets a point higher on MC? I'm just playing the system wars game here. Here we have Killzone and Halo. Two exclusive FPS franchises that have clashed many times in the past. This time, there's a very good chance that Killzone, the original "Halo killer", garners higher critical acclaim than Bungie's latest. That would be significant in SW.

Get it? :| Right, moving on...

EliteKitteh

You can post about and care about whatever you like, i'm simply explaining to you that your earlier assertion that 'your opinion means diddly squat unless it's on metacritic' is completely incorrect. That's definitely not the way things work here.

:)

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Lol no. Killzone will never be the Halo killer, its as simple as that.

Stringerboy

Killzone 2 killed ODST....

Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts

Stringerboy
yep, it will never be unless it is as revolutionary as halo and half life ;) "I am not a Halo killer, never was, never will be" :D jk
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
There's no way KZ3 is getting anything higher than a 9.0. Sorry, try again next year.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
To be fair to Halo Reach the metascore is dragged down by a number of ridiculous reviews which shouldn't even count towards the metascore; including that laughable 5/10 'not worth $60' one which the reviewer himself later said was way too harsh just two weeks after posting it.Ninja-Hippo
As oppose to many so called "official" XBOX magazines giving the game 10/10?
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I doubt it. Frankly, too me it looks's like it's just too generic. Halo, at least the very first one, was a very fresh experience. Since then they've added plenty of cool stuff like Forge, but kept the classic gameplay. Not to mention the game actually has some damn good vehicles, something really lacking these days. I'll gladly admit 2 and 3 were pretty terrible, but Reach really stepped it up IMO. Killzone, to paraphrase Yahzee, looks like it was originally a WW2 game until the developers said "Oh damn there's already a bunch of those!" and tossed it into the future. It's absolutely nothing we haven't seen before, at least as far as I know.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Red Orchestra 2 will be the best fps game in 2011. Killzone 3 ofc will get a better score and will sell more, why? Because reviewers are just as brain dead as certain fanboys. They will review the game on nothing more then hype and the omg that's COOL! factor... They act like as if they never played a first person shooter before. Good graphics your guaranteed at-least a 9.0 this gen.

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="tbolt76"]

COD says hi.

EliteKitteh

yes this is gamespot, yet you want to run to metacriric for scores when the only scores here are what matters when your on here
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]To be fair to Halo Reach the metascore is dragged down by a number of ridiculous reviews which shouldn't even count towards the metascore; including that laughable 5/10 'not worth $60' one which the reviewer himself later said was way too harsh just two weeks after posting it.ducati101

What many magazines are you referring to? The only xbox magazine to give the game a 10 was Official Xbox Magazine UK. I also think getting a 10 instead of a 9 or a 9.5 is hardly counter-balancing a 5/10 from a blog.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

As much as I enjoyed Killzone 3 when I was playing it, innovative is one thing you can't call it. Well...you can, I guess; you can call a McDonalds cheeseburger a gourmet meal, but it's still a McDonalds cheeseburger.

Oh, and for the record...the same thing basically applies to Halo.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ducati101

[QUOTE="ducati101"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]To be fair to Halo Reach the metascore is dragged down by a number of ridiculous reviews which shouldn't even count towards the metascore; including that laughable 5/10 'not worth $60' one which the reviewer himself later said was way too harsh just two weeks after posting it.Ninja-Hippo

What many magazines are you referring to? The only xbox magazine to give the game a 10 was Official Xbox Magazine UK. I also think getting a 10 instead of a 9 or a 9.5 is hardly counter-balancing a 5/10 from a blog.

I mean magazines/sites like, MS Xbox World, Planet Xbox 360, Totally360, Official Xbox Magazine UK giving the game 10/10 (100/100). Or other so called impartial magazines and sites like, TeamXbox, Official Xbox Magazine US, XboxAddict, giving the game 9.5/10 (95/100). More than offset that 5/10.

The game is better than a 5/10 for sure, but also it's nowhere near a 10/10 game either. IMO of course.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="ducati101"] As oppose to many so called "official" XBOX magazines giving the game 10/10?ducati101

I mean magazines/sites like, MS Xbox World, Planet Xbox 360, Totally360, Official Xbox Magazine UK giving the game 10/10 (100/100). Or other so called impartial magazines and sites like, TeamXbox, Official Xbox Magazine US, XboxAddict, giving the game 9.5/10 (95/100). More than offset that 5/10. The game is better than a 5/10 for sure, but also it's nowhere near a 10/10 game either. IMO of course.

I have to agree that in most instances, those types of sites probably do skew the results quite a bit.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

There is a difference between better reviews and better scores. Games can have much more positive reviews than a similar game, but have the same, or even lower, score.

It's tough to compare scores when the reviewers are different, and it's tough to it then because people naturally prefer one style of game over another. This is really true when talking about Halo and KZ, very different styles of game.

I honestly don't get the comparisons. If anything, compare Halo to Resistance, as they are far more similar. If you like one, you will likely enjoy the other. In that respect, it's easier to compare because the person prefers that style, they can more objectively (as much as possible) choose one over the other.

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
[QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

[QUOTE="tbolt76"]

COD says hi.

yeah, it scored only an 88, yet for every person on these boards that hate/dislike/pan COD, there are 10,000 people putting hours upon hours in a game they feel is fun and complete. Multiplats can't be the king of anything? W/E. KZ3 will be forgotten in 2 months just like KZ2 was. People will make countless posts on these boards, but there will be barely 10K people online at any one time. If you can't keep people playing your game, you can't be the king of anything.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#42 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

If they change the title to "Killzone 3: The Rico Murder Simulator" and the game actually lives up to that title? AAAAE on lockdown

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ninja-Hippo

I mean magazines/sites like, MS Xbox World, Planet Xbox 360, Totally360, Official Xbox Magazine UK giving the game 10/10 (100/100). Or other so called impartial magazines and sites like, TeamXbox, Official Xbox Magazine US, XboxAddict, giving the game 9.5/10 (95/100). More than offset that 5/10.

The game is better than a 5/10 for sure, but also it's nowhere near a 10/10 game either. IMO of course.

ducati101

You said magazines, those are all websites. :) And when you say 'like' i must point out that those aren't examples, those are ALL of them. So i say again, four sources giving the game a 10 nowhere near offsets a 5 when the average is 91. Especially seeing as it has 24 10/10 scores in total.

10 is not massively different from 9.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

[QUOTE="tbolt76"]

COD says hi.

tbolt76

yeah, it scored only an 88, yet for every person on these boards that hate/dislike/pan COD, there are 10,000 people putting hours upon hours in a game they feel is fun and complete. Multiplats can't be the king of anything? W/E. KZ3 will be forgotten in 2 months just like KZ2 was. People will make countless posts on these boards, but there will be barely 10K people online at any one time. If you can't keep people playing your game, you can't be the king of anything.

COD is terrible.

Campaign is monotonous action, mutliplayer is filled with imbalanced perks, and the whole game is filled with ridiculous regenerating health. I love that Treyarch are trying to be creative with Wager Matches and Zombie Modes, but the core gameplay is just bad. Generally, whoever sees the other person first wins. That's just boring compared to DMR matches in Reach and midair rocket battles in TF2.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

Stringerboy
You are right COD has done that or maybe odst left a bad taste for some people I didn't see it in the top 10 games played online on xbox live when they had a thread on it on systemwars but prob still more then kz2 online but hopefully kz3 will grab a big audience . I think kz3 might score either a 8.5 or 9.0 I'm gonna go by what my union says "don't fall for the hype "
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
[QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

[QUOTE="tbolt76"]

COD says hi.

tastetheacidmil

yes this is gamespot, yet you want to run to metacriric for scores when the only scores here are what matters when your on here

What does this site being Gamespot have to do with him using MC scores?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 h575309

[QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="EliteKitteh"]

Head_of_games

COD is terrible.

Campaign is monotonous action, mutliplayer is filled with imbalanced perks, and the whole game is filled with ridiculous regenerating health. I love that Treyarch are trying to be creative with Wager Matches and Zombie Modes, but the core gameplay is just bad. Generally, whoever sees the other person first wins. That's just boring compared to DMR matches in Reach and midair rocket battles in TF2.

At first this is defnitely the case. When you play for a while, not so much. Obviously it cant be the case when alot of people get K/Ds well above 1.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I disagree. It looks like a good FPS in its own right though.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

[QUOTE="tbolt76"] yeah, it scored only an 88, yet for every person on these boards that hate/dislike/pan COD, there are 10,000 people putting hours upon hours in a game they feel is fun and complete. Multiplats can't be the king of anything? W/E. KZ3 will be forgotten in 2 months just like KZ2 was. People will make countless posts on these boards, but there will be barely 10K people online at any one time. If you can't keep people playing your game, you can't be the king of anything.h575309

COD is terrible.

At first this is defnitely the case. When you play for a while, not so much. Obviously it cant be the case when alot of people get K/Ds well above 1.

Er, what's K/D got to do with anything? That just means they saw someone just as much as someone saw them. You die WAY to quickly, all in the name or realism. Prolonged battles with anticipation and headshots > 1.5 second spraying then hiding behind a wall to recharge.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ducati101

[QUOTE="ducati101"]

Ninja-Hippo

You said magazines, those are all websites. :) And when you say 'like' i must point out that those aren't examples, those are ALL of them. So i say again, four sources giving the game a 10 nowhere near offsets a 5 when the average is 91.

10 is not massively different from 9.

Your failing to see my point. I'm criticizing using Metacritic as a base for overall score of a game. For example if you work at a site called Total 360, a game like Reach is guaranteed a high score. The same if you work at a site that heavily advertises a game like Reach (cough IGN). It's pretty certain a game would score very high. Then you will have sites that will purposely score the game very low, just to get hits and fanboy anger. The same can be said about Killzone 2/3 for example. I'm not picking sides here, just pointing out the that Metacritic is kinda pointless basis for overall score.