Just When 360 Gets Better RROD #'s New Dashboard Update Screws it up

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
My xbox died last friday... had 1 red light. Don't think it was caused by the NXE, but I don't rly like the NXE. The only good thing is the guide button. Much more info. Good thing I have futureshop warranry :)
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

No, MS learned that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right last gen when they saw what happened with the PS2. 

Sony, on the other hand, forgot everything they learned last gen and then tried to sell a console that was chuck-full of useless features that gamers did not want and could not afford.

Pimpshigity21

You know nothing of consoles or video games, tell your boss i said that when you go back to work at Microsoft on monday.

Are you saying that the PS2 problems did not happen?  You tell your boss that you are not fimly in touch with reality. 

Or are you talking about the features the PS3 offers that are not needed for gaming?  Maybe you are talking about the price of the PS3?  I don't really know what you talking about, to tell you the truth. 

I know nothing of consoles of video games?  LMFAO.  I know enough not to buy an overpriced console with no games and then play the waiting game for more than two years.  

Do tell us, what games have you not bought for your PS3 lately?

NO GAMES ON PS3, ARE YOU SERIOUS ? i think you have your consoles mixed up, you must mean the Wii has no games, because not only does the PS3 have games but it has like 20 or 30 exclusives and the rest of the games are the exact same ones that are on the 360, accept for 360's exclusives obviously. They share so many titles, in fact that it's hard for some people to decide which to get, unless of course they want the more powerful, reliable hardware, and that they can play games online for " FREE " then the smart money is spent on PS3. However if they want a bunch of PC ported titles on a piece of hardware that fails with at least 1 out of 20 sold which happens to have the old DVD format, and a non upgradeable hard drive, and they have even more money to burn on the online service, well then they " jump in " to the Microsoft's money pit . By the way how's the HD-DVD player doing ?, Ya' know because i didn't see any in Best buy or other retailers next to all the Blu-ray players, please, spare us any more of your drivel. Sony started the consoles on the format of DVD with the PS2 and it took off, and now it's starting the world on Blu-Ray and the PS3 and Blu-ray players are selling like crazy, so i guess they didn't " over do it with the hardware "...but please dazzle us some more with your remarkable knowledge and insights to the pioneers of Microsoft....go ahead blaze that trail...LOL-LOL-LOL.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

My xbox died last friday... had 1 red light. Don't think it was caused by the NXE, but I don't rly like the NXE. The only good thing is the guide button. Much more info. Good thing I have futureshop warranry :)alamgir1942

ONE RED LIGHT? Was it in the BOTTOM CORNER?

Did the screen pop up in multiple languages and a phrase pop up called E-74?

I have a WHOLE THREAD about E-74, and YouTube has some great videos about E-74.

Unfortunately, only RROD is covered for 3 years, EVERYTHING ELSE is ONE YEAR WARRANTY.

Call Microsoft FAST!

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
out of my circle of friends we have all had a least one rrod. ive had 2 one was just random and the other just happend about 3 days after nxe. it worked fine at first played fable 2 then next morning i turned it on and it froze on the xbox logo start up screen. I tried to restart it and i keep getting rrod. all i can confirm is what ive seen and its still a pretty big problem.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="PS3nut"] You know nothing of consoles or video games, tell your boss i said that when you go back to work at Microsoft on monday.PS3nut

Are you saying that the PS2 problems did not happen?  You tell your boss that you are not fimly in touch with reality. 

Or are you talking about the features the PS3 offers that are not needed for gaming?  Maybe you are talking about the price of the PS3?  I don't really know what you talking about, to tell you the truth. 

I know nothing of consoles of video games?  LMFAO.  I know enough not to buy an overpriced console with no games and then play the waiting game for more than two years.  

Do tell us, what games have you not bought for your PS3 lately?

NO GAMES ON PS3, ARE YOU SERIOUS ? i think you have your consoles mixed up, you must mean the Wii has no games, because not only does the PS3 have games but it has like 20 or 30 exclusives and the rest of the games are the exact same ones that are on the 360, accept for 360's exclusives obviously. They share so many titles, in fact that it's hard for some people to decide which to get, unless of course they want the more powerful, reliable hardware, and that they can play games online for " FREE " then the smart money is spent on PS3. However if they want a bunch of PC ported titles on a piece of hardware that fails with at least 1 out of 20 sold which happens to have the old DVD format, and a non upgradeable hard drive, and they have even more money to burn on the online service, well then they " jump in " to the Microsoft's money pit . By the way how's the HD-DVD player doing ?, Ya' know because i didn't see any in Best buy or other retailers next to all the Blu-ray players, please, spare us any more of your drivel. Sony started the consoles on the format of DVD with the PS2 and it took off, and now it's starting the world on Blu-Ray and the PS3 and Blu-ray players are selling like crazy, so i guess they didn't " over do it with the hardware "...but please dazzle us some more with your remarkable knowledge and insights to the pioneers of Microsoft....go ahead blaze that trail...LOL-LOL-LOL.

I'm sure that your post proves that you know a lot about consoles and video games...but your wall of text would have surely given me a headache if I had read it.  I'm sure what you wrote would have convince me to purchase a PS3, so I'm heading out to my local Best Buy tomorrow morning to buy a Sony console.  If I don't like it I'm gonna blame you.

Sony, here I come...

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
out of my circle of friends we have all had a least one rrod. ive had 2 one was just random and the other just happend about 3 days after nxe. it worked fine at first played fable 2 then next morning i turned it on and it froze on the xbox logo start up screen. I tried to restart it and i keep getting rrod. all i can confirm is what ive seen and its still a pretty big problem.Blackfriend8
be careful pimp will most likely call you a liar and claim that youre part of the misinformation campaign.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

So far just in my little circle of life i've come across 2 people with 360's that are basically unplayable because of the constant freeze up's since the new dashboard was downloaded.

Before you try and blame it on old hardware, both 360's were manufactured and bought in 2008 and one is a 60 Gig Pro system and the other is a 360 Elite, and both of them were working perfectly with every game, until the dashboard update.

While it's true that the percentage of problems, right now, is less than the one's without problems, Microsoft was contacted by both parties and the customer service rep's refused to admit that the problem was with the new dashboard, and they also confirmed that it was unremovable.

Well i'll give you 3 guesses what 360 owner's end result was, or should i say PS3 guesses, thats right they both got so fed up with 360 RROD and freeze up issues that they switched to PS3, and my question is why did Microsoft do this to themselves ?, did they feel threatened by PS3's Home or Nintendo's Mii's, i mean they were gaining ground and now there getting flooded with calls about this latest headache for 360 owners.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they actually admitted to it and said that they were working on a patch to fix the problem, but there not even doing that yet. 

PS3nut
so, your name is PS3 nut. you have no link and no support for your claim. however, two people in your "circle" have gotten bricked consoles because of the NXE update. sure. whatever you say.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackfriend8"]out of my circle of friends we have all had a least one rrod. ive had 2 one was just random and the other just happend about 3 days after nxe. it worked fine at first played fable 2 then next morning i turned it on and it froze on the xbox logo start up screen. I tried to restart it and i keep getting rrod. all i can confirm is what ive seen and its still a pretty big problem.desyple
be careful pimp will most likely call you a liar and claim that youre part of the misinformation campaign.

Not really...he proably would have gotten an RROD with or without the new dashboard.  

The fact people report an RROD does not mean that they are part of  misinformation campaign.

Stating that the new dashboard is causing RRODs makes you part of that misinformation campaign...and probably qualifies you to get a discount from Sony when you purchase a PS3.

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
mabye it wasnt nxe fault but its just weird it happend right after the update.
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
[QUOTE="naruto7777"]microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentiamshivy
MS learned this gen that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right..and not give a dam as long as theres a new halo game to play LMAO

so true :lol: