Just When 360 Gets Better RROD #'s New Dashboard Update Screws it up

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

So far just in my little circle of life i've come across 2 people with 360's that are basically unplayable because of the constant freeze up's since the new dashboard was downloaded.

Before you try and blame it on old hardware, both 360's were manufactured and bought in 2008 and one is a 60 Gig Pro system and the other is a 360 Elite, and both of them were working perfectly with every game, until the dashboard update.

While it's true that the percentage of problems, right now, is less than the one's without problems, Microsoft was contacted by both parties and the customer service rep's refused to admit that the problem was with the new dashboard, and they also confirmed that it was unremovable.

Well i'll give you 3 guesses what 360 owner's end result was, or should i say PS3 guesses, thats right they both got so fed up with 360 RROD and freeze up issues that they switched to PS3, and my question is why did Microsoft do this to themselves ?, did they feel threatened by PS3's Home or Nintendo's Mii's, i mean they were gaining ground and now there getting flooded with calls about this latest headache for 360 owners.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they actually admitted to it and said that they were working on a patch to fix the problem, but there not even doing that yet. 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I have had a few minor freezes, always fixed by hitting the guide button. Not even a minor inconvenience to me. Sucks for your friends if you are not lying, but oh well.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

My relatives 360 RROD'd after he updated to the new dash. He ended up getting a ps3 a week later.

hustlaboy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hustlaboy510
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
they did it so u can get the new jasper motherboards
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Your name is somewhat suspicious >.>
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
ms needs to focus more on testing and less on rushing out programs, consoles and buying up dlc. at least my personal opinion on the subject
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

So far just in my little circle of life i've come across 2 people with 360's that are basically unplayable because of the constant freeze up's since the new dashboard was downloaded.

PS3nut

I have 100 people on my friend's list...plus another 20 or so guys in my real world cricle of life...and none have had any problems. 

Sounds like a cow propaganda campaign to me.  

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tobin09
Member since 2006 • 1579 Posts

Before you try and blame it on old hardware, both 360's were manufactured and bought in 2008 and one is a 60 Gig Pro system and the other is a 360 Elite, and both of them were working perfectly with every game, until the dashboard update.

While it's true that the percentage of problems, right now, is less than the one's without problems, Microsoft was contacted by both parties and the customer service rep's refused to admit that the problem was with the new dashboard, and they also confirmed that it was unremovable.

Well i'll give you 3 guesses what 360 owner's end result was, or should i say PS3 guesses, thats right they both got so fed up with 360 RROD and freeze up issues that they switched to PS3, and my question is why did Microsoft do this to themselves ?, did they feel threatened by PS3's Home or Nintendo's Mii's, i mean they were gaining ground and now there getting flooded with calls about this latest headache for 360 owners.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they actually admitted to it and said that they were working on a patch to fix the problem, but there not even doing that yet. 

PS3nut
Oh weird, my 2 year old 20 gig rebfurb hasn't even had a hiccup. By the way, you shouldn't even be talking after the notorious 2.4 playstation update.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

desyple

I have 100 people on my friend's list...plus another 20 or so guys in my real world cricle of life...and none have had any problems. 

typical lemming ignorant point of view... everyones out to get the 360 and make it look bad right???

I speak the truth.  Is that an ignorant point of view?  Okey-dokey.

Truth = I know 120 or so people with an xbox

Truth = Some have had RROD problems.  Some more than once

Truth = I have not heard any of those 120 people report an RROD problem in some time (hmmm, now that I think about it, this is very interesting)

Truth = Not one of those 120 people have reported problems with the new dashboard (or problems to their consoles as a result of the new dashboard)

Truth = Some  fanboys make up stories

Truth = The 360 is doing great...no reason to make up stories.  The PS3 is not doing great...many reasons for fanboys of that console to make up stories

Truth = The only place were I've seen numerous posts where it is claimed that the new dashboard bricked a 360 is here on SW 

Truth = RROD is the current flavor of the week for most cows...I lost count of how many threads had RROD in the title .

Like I said, sounds like a cow propaganda campaign to me.  

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45276 Posts
Mine most've froze at least 8 times.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pimpshigity21

Mine most've froze at least 8 times.SolidGame_basic

Mine most've froze at least 307 times.   LMFAO

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Well I haven't had a problem with the new dashboard update. None of my friends have had a problem with it either. I think 2 of my friends have gotten the RROD on my list and my list is pretty decent so that isn't bad at all.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
Mine has frozen a couple of times too. Not sure if it's because of the update though.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
both of my 360's had updated long past and have had no problem so far a few freezes here and there but no RROD.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 desyple
[QUOTE="desyple"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

Pimpshigity21

typical lemming ignorant point of view... everyones out to get the 360 and make it look bad right???

Truth = I have not heard any of those 120 people report an RROD problem in some time (hmmm, now that I think about it, this is very interesting)

Truth = Not one of those 120 people have reported problems with the new dashboard (or problems to their consoles as a result of the new dashboard)

Truth = The 360 is doing great...no reason to make up stories.  The PS3 is not doing great...many reasons for fanboys of that console to make up stories

Truth = The only place were I've seen numerous posts where it is claimed that the new dashboard bricked a 360 is here on SW 

Truth = RROD is the current flavor of the week for most cows...I lost count of how many threads had RROD in the title .

same could be said for your statements. and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. all the threads with rrod in the title are there probably because its true and their having problems because of it, please stop being so naive and thinking that it happens to no one and is made up to make the 360 look bad.
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
and he,s the naive one? if you think that every thread made about RROD is probably true i have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco. only 10$.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 desyple
and he,s the naive one? if you think that every thread made about RROD is probably true i have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco. only 10$.tikki25x
not everyone is true thats obvious but to think that they are all false in an attempt to make the 360 look bad and that the rrod doesnt exist anymore is naive and by your logic the same thinking that you accused me of which is naive.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS3nut
[QUOTE="PS3nut"]

Tobin09
Oh weird, my 2 year old 20 gig rebfurb hasn't even had a hiccup. By the way, you shouldn't even be talking after the notorious 2.4 playstation update.

I'm sure you'll dismiss this as a fanboy response, but i'm just being honest, i have never had one problem with a PS3 update or game freezes, and i can't say the same for the 360's i used to own. It has nothing to do with liking one above the other, but it's always been my opinion that the japanese make better electronic components than we do whether it's game consoles ,TV's, DVD players, Stereos, what ever, i've always preferred japanese components and i always will, they've just proven more reliable. I wish it was the other way around but it's not.
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
My console sure has froze a lot more since the update, but no sign of RRoD.
*Knock on Wood*
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

What is the point of mentioning RROD every day? Cows have went from looking bitter, to flatout threatened by the 360's success. Cows will just not let up on this. I mean, the whole, "10 of my friends had went through 9 360s in one day, and finally switched to the PS3" story is way over done, and old. What does it mean to us anyways? Absolutly nothing. Especially when it comes from a SW poster with the name PS3nut.

And what's with all this crap about NXE being broken? Everyone had freezing issues on the first day, because MS's servers were getting slammed. The freezing issues went away the very next day. How come cows aren't compairing this to the fact that PS3's 2.4 firmware bricked many PS3's, and Sony had to pull the update? Compaired to that, the NXE update went smooth.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="Tobin09"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

I'm sure you'll dismiss this as a fanboy response, but i'm just being honest, i have never had one problem with a PS3 update or game freezes, and i can't say the same for the 360's i used to own. It has nothing to do with liking one above the other, but it's always been my opinion that the japanese make better electronic components than we do whether it's game consoles ,TV's, DVD players, Stereos, what ever, i've always preferred japanese components and i always will, they've just proven more reliable. I wish it was the other way around but it's not.

If the Japanese were so much better than us at making electronics, The PSOne wouldn't have had the optical lens problems it did. The PS2 wouldn't have had the DRE problems. How about the thousands of electronic devices that are returned to Wal Mart every day because they break down in a week? ALL electronics have problems. Don't act like MS invented faulty hardware.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

PS3nut

And I bet it made you really happy inside, that they got PS3s. 

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pimpshigity21

and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. desyple

Really?  Didn't you notice the last NPD numbers.  Didn't you  notice that the PS3 is starting to lose ground in Europe?  Did you not notice that the PS3 is in third place?   Didn't you notice that PS3 games are not selling very well?   Didn't you notice that going from a dominant first place to the laughing stock of the gaming world is not doing great?

No, you didn't notice, did you?

You should pay more attention.   Better yet, join the misinformation campaign cows are waging as a last ditch attempt to save their beloved console.  

Scream RROD at the top of your lungs...maybe someone will listen.

Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
[QUOTE="tikki25x"]and he,s the naive one? if you think that every thread made about RROD is probably true i have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco. only 10$.desyple
not everyone is true thats obvious but to think that they are all false in an attempt to make the 360 look bad and that the rrod doesnt exist anymore is naive and by your logic the same thinking that you accused me of which is naive.

You really shouldn't take anyone seriously on here.
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
Your name is somewhat suspicious >.>munu9
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I also have had zero problems, no freezes, everything is functioning properly... So I think PS3 nut is trying to bloat hardware failure rates...
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
why would i say RROD is dead? i got it the day Gears 2 came out. what im saying is me and MY circle of friends havent had issues with NXE. and the fact is anyone can claim they got the RROD and there is no way to prove it unless you take pics. and all electronics can break. they used to have something called "appliance repairmen" back in the days it used to happen so much.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS3nut
[QUOTE="desyple"]

and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. Pimpshigity21

Really?  Didn't you notice the last NPD numbers.  Didn't you  notice that the PS3 is starting to lose ground in Europe?  Did you not notice that the PS3 is in third place?   Didn't you notice that PS3 games are not selling very well?   Didn't you notice that going from a dominant first place to the laughing stock of the gaming world is not doing great?

You should pay more attention.   Better yet, join the misinformation campaign cows are waging as a last ditch attempt to save their beloved console.  

First of all if any console is the laughing stock of the gaming world it's the Wii regardless of sales, it is the joke of the industry with it's obsolete hardware and endless shovelware cluttering store shelves. Second of all how many successful franchises does the 360 have ? Halo - Mass Effect - Gears, PGR, Banjo Kazooie . To PS3's Resistance, Socom, Ratchet & Clank T.O.D, God of War 3, GT-5, Little Big Planet, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Untold Legends, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, MLB The Show 08 and more. The bottom line is the PC and the 360 share game titles between them so if you don't have a 360 you can almost definitely get what you want on your PC, but the PS3 has exclusives that neither the 360 or the PC will ever see.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 desyple
[QUOTE="desyple"]

and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. Pimpshigity21

ive been looking for the sales numbers on npd but couldnt find them please provide a link to back up your claims.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be different
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="desyple"]

and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. desyple

ive been looking for the sales numbers on npd but couldnt find them please provide a link to back up your claims.

Use a search engine.  BTW, you won't like what you will find (and what you will find when they release the latest NPD numbers, you'll like even less). 

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentnaruto7777
Uh, yeah....we hope. 

But how would you know? Even M$ doesn't know what the future holds, we can HOPE for the future. For the past month, you said RROD is dead, now you are saying M$ learned their lesson. You don't work for M$, do you? Your posting habits are apologetic in nature.

Has NXE affected anyone you know? Have you seen an RROD before, in real life? I'm thinking you have, at least once, if not more.

I truly hope RROD is gone FOREVER (I just got a new 360, after having RROD 3 times), but I am not going to apologize for M$, it's their fault for letting that thing gets so hot, and it's the only console that has a HUGE powerbrick to keep the heat out, but that didn't work.

I didn't want to wait for M$. I wrote an amazing letter to President Elect Obama about The RROD (that's right, The RROD, it's beyond RROD, it's The RROD now), so you may be right, next gen will be different. I wrote Bush, but Presdient Bush never responded to my letters of "The RROD", so McCain lost my vote, due to Bush representing Republican's.

I voted for CHANGE, and Obama will eliminate through diplomacy "The RROD" and eradicate Skynet while he's at it.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 desyple

Pimpshigity21

Use a search engine.  BTW, you won't like what you will find (and what you will find when they release the latest NPD numbers, you'll like even less). 

you honestly think i didnt try that i still couldnt find the info you were claiming , so provide a link to support you claims or else your lying like a typical lemming. after all these are your claims not mine.btw i found the site not the info.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="desyple"] typical lemming ignorant point of view... everyones out to get the 360 and make it look bad right???desyple

same could be said for your statements. and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed. all the threads with rrod in the title are there probably because its true and their having problems because of it, please stop being so naive and thinking that it happens to no one and is made up to make the 360 look bad.

:roll: what you basically just did was say what you can do i can do better you used the exact same statement he did to nullify his statement and it didn't work, yes those stories could be real but what proof is there that they are? any at all? yet most of the time RROD threads are proven false easily like this one, The TC's name is PS3nut? hes not exactly pro microsoft on this site...so what reason do we have to believe him?  I have a simple way to prove that RROD was never as big as it was claimed by any side, American government have certain buisness standards in that a product cannot go past a certain defect rate before a forced recall is enforced we've yet to see a forced recall on the 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
funny since I haven't had any problems myself nor has anyone on my friends list told me it has.
pseudocaesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pseudocaesar
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"]

Pimpshigity21

Please, your a notorious Lemming, even if it happened to you and every single person you know who owns a 360 you would still say otherwise.
gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts
I remember when I was naive. Then I got corrupted data. Had to format my PS3. You people need to realize that just because this crap isnt happening to you doesn't mean its not a problem. BTW: Does anyone wish they left the old 360 dashboard. I HATE the new one. Cant navigate it, looks bad ect. Just curious.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="desyple"]

and the ps3 is doing great in case you havent noticed.

First of all if any console is the laughing stock of the gaming world it's the Wii regardless of sales, it is the joke of the industry with it's obsolete hardware and endless shovelware cluttering store shelves. Second of all how many successful franchises does the 360 have ? Halo - Mass Effect - Gears, PGR, Banjo Kazooie . To PS3's Resistance, Socom, Ratchet & Clank T.O.D, God of War 3, GT-5, Little Big Planet, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Untold Legends, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, MLB The Show 08 and more. The bottom line is the PC and the 360 share game titles between them so if you don't have a 360 you can almost definitely get what you want on your PC, but the PS3 has exclusives that neither the 360 or the PC will ever see.

You listed Untold Legends as a successful franchise? :lol: You listed a lot of flops on the PS3 side, my friend. And do you really expect me to believe that every cow in the world has a PC that will handle 360/PC exclusive games? :lol:
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pimpshigity21

pseudocaesar

Please, your a notorious Lemming, even if it happened to you and every single person you know who owns a 360 you would still say otherwise.

Like I said, there is no reason to lie if you are a Lemming.  Things are just dandy in the 360 world.

If anything, I have mentioned many times before that I got an RROD...and that many of my friends got one too. 

Sorry cows, as much as you would want this to be true, its simply just not the case.   You can shout RROD all you want, but apparently consumers are chosing the 360 over the PS3 (yes, even in Europe). 

Hey, look at the bright side...you all will have a terrific movie player when it is all said and done.

C'e la vie, mon amie.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
After i downloaded the NXE everything was going smoothly , my system only froze [temporary 2 minute freeze]once on the marketplace but other then that...it was all smooth sailing baby.[NXE is sick!]
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Mine most've froze at least 8 times.SolidGame_basic
You dont even have one :lol:
DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

"PS3nut"

hmm that is totally not suspicious.

But anyways the dashboard is fine i got 1 freeze in total and that may of been due because i left my system on unattended for like 4 hours.

The NXE is perfect. IMO

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentnaruto7777
MS learned this gen that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right..and not give a dam as long as theres a new halo game to play LMAO
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 desyple
[QUOTE="naruto7777"]microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentiamshivy
MS learned this gen that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right..and not give a dam as long as theres a new halo game to play LMAO

sad but true
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pimpshigity21

[QUOTE="naruto7777"]microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentiamshivy

No, MS learned that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right last gen when they saw what happened with the PS2. 

Sony, on the other hand, forgot everything they learned last gen and then tried to sell a console that was chuck-full of useless features that gamers did not want and could not afford.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PS3nut

[QUOTE="iamshivy"][QUOTE="naruto7777"]microsoft learned there lesson this gen next gen will be differentPimpshigity21

No, MS learned that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right last gen when they saw what happened with the PS2. 

Sony, on the other hand, forgot everything they learned last gen and then tried to sell a console that was chuck-full of useless features that gamers did not want and could not afford.

You know nothing of consoles or video games, tell your boss i said that when you go back to work at Microsoft on monday.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 desyple
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

[QUOTE="iamshivy"] MS learned this gen that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right..and not give a dam as long as theres a new halo game to play LMAOPS3nut

You know nothing of consoles or video games, tell your boss i said that when you go back to work at Microsoft on monday.

lulz :)that was priceless. beautifully done kudos.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Pimpshigity21

Like I said, sounds like a cow propaganda campaign to me.;

What this guy said.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

[QUOTE="iamshivy"] MS learned this gen that people will buy crappy cheap hardware that hasnt been tested right..and not give a dam as long as theres a new halo game to play LMAOPS3nut

Are you saying that the PS2 problems did not happen?  You tell your boss that you are not fimly in touch with reality. 

Or are you talking about the features the PS3 offers that are not needed for gaming?  Maybe you are talking about the price of the PS3?  I don't really know what you talking about, to tell you the truth. 

I know nothing of consoles of video games?  LMFAO.  I know enough not to buy an overpriced console with no games and then play the waiting game for more than two years.  

Do tell us, what games have you not bought for your PS3 lately?